Quantcast

» «
Photo

Tank nerfs and has the Lazer become the new griefing tool ?

180 replies to this topic
goodmix
  • goodmix

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:01 PM Edited by goodmix, 21 August 2014 - 02:07 PM.

Recently the tank has been nerfed a lot. Not only it is easier to blow up, but also the tank icon on the map makes it easy to avoid it.Even though these nerfs are deserved I think there is one vehicle that needs some changes and that is the Lazer jet.Even though I, myself, am a pilot and fly a lot of planes including the Lazer I think with the explosive ammo once you learn the basics is really easy to spawn kill with not a lot of counterplay especially if you aren't in the city and have nowhere to hide.I am not gonna act as if everybody uses the jet to grief nor that I haven't killed anyone with it. But there are people with like 7 KD flying above me, killing me 5 to 6 times and if I get their jet to smoke they just leave and get a new one. I haven't thought about any solutions to this problem, that is getting worse every day, but maybe if R* reduces the power of the cannons or makes the Lazer more vulnerable against rifles it will become balanced enough. One last thing I want to point out is that you need to be flying quite low to actually see where the other player is, or is that just me? What is your opinion ? ss

El Viruz Ántrax 5-7

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:08 PM Edited by Syphiroth, 21 August 2014 - 02:11 PM.

Should've put plane and helicopter icons.
We pay for buzzards and rhino tank while these scabs go get a jet for free? That does more carnage outta everything? I understand you can see when a icon is flying by the way it's going over the map without trouble but the way R* pin point out something you spend A LOT money on by revealing icon (tank) is only fair of the aircrafts now get revealed.

Can the Jets rockets still lock onto targets? I know the buzzards been removed in free roam from doing such a thing but I never bothered going get jet unless mission required.

Edit: I know you also spend money on the buzzard but sometimes other players who don't own a buzzard get into one (players spawned one or random one spawns? Idk if they do or not) and go f*ckin' crazy and it's why they should also put helicopter icons.
  • Heists, PrestoWater, PelvisTornado and 1 other like this

Heists
  • Heists

Do you have the Need For Speed?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:15 PM Edited by tfroam, 21 August 2014 - 02:18 PM.

We pay for buzzards and rhino tank while these scabs go get a jet for free? That does more carnage outta everything? I understand you can see when a icon is flying by the way it's going over the map without trouble but the way R* pin point out something you spend A LOT money on by revealing icon (tank) is only fair of the aircrafts now get revealed.

Can the Jets rockets still lock onto targets? I know the buzzards been removed in free roam from doing such a thing but I never bothered going get jet unless mission required.

Edit: I know you also spend money on the buzzard but sometimes other players who don't own a buzzard get into one (players spawned one or random one spawns? Idk if they do or not) and go f*ckin' crazy and it's why they should also put helicopter icons.

Yeah I completely agree, but for the planes and chopper icons they should only put them on if the player is in either a Buzzard or a Lazer because other non lethal vehicles don't need the attention.

And for the lock on, I can confirm that the 'Non-Homing' option is also available on the Lazer. 

El Viruz Ántrax 5-7

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:20 PM Edited by Syphiroth, 21 August 2014 - 02:23 PM.

Yeah I completely agree.

And for the lock on, I can confirm that the 'Non-Homing' option is also available on the Lazer.
Oh so I can in free roam change my buzzard options? So missiles do lock on targets? I didn't know but when tried f*cking up a tank he destroyed me and my missiles didn't even lock or go close to the tank. Even when I lowered down I fired them off in perfect [] towards tank and they just went f*cking straight past into the buildings far infront the tank person and that's how they killed me, he turned around and got me as I rising up into sky to turn but yeah wasn't good enough and got smashed haha.

They should still place helicopter and plane (plane icons do for jets) on the map like they did tanks. Even if the aircrafts players in are harmless it's still annoying seeing an icon fly over you on ground level and you dunno if they in a jet, plane or helicopter with firepower.

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:27 PM Edited by MetalThrasherXtreme, 21 August 2014 - 02:23 PM.

No. The Lazer is perfectly fine as is. 

Just because they nerfed the tank to sh*t doesn't mean the Lazer needs it as well. 

Yes, the Lazer is the new go-to grief tool but considering the amount of sh*t tier pilots in this game, nevermind the people that can't aim while maintaining control, it's not a big deal, not near as bad as the tank, which literally required zero skill and could be repeatedly called in via Pegasus over and over and over. 

The cannons are the only effective weapon against players on the ground and they have a rather short range.

The Lazer just needs some actual competition in the skies(Hydra) and an anti-aircraft weapon for people on the ground(Lock-on RPG). 

Also, the guy mentioning people using Buzzards..just..what? Buzzards are less threatening than the now neutered Rhino. Seriously, just pop out a minigun and they fly away in terror. For those who are under level 120, just find some cover and spam sniper shots or use an LMG. 

Yeah I completely agree.

Oh so I can in free roam change my buzzard options? So missiles do lock on targets? I didn't know but when tried f*cking up a tank he destroyed me and my missiles didn't even lock or go close to the tank. Even when I lowered down I fired them off in perfect [] towards tank and they just went f*cking straight past into the buildings far infront the tank person and that's how they killed me, he turned around and got me as I rising up into sky to turn but yeah wasn't good enough and got smashed haha.

They should still place helicopter and plane (plane icons do for jets) on the map like they did tanks. Even if the aircrafts players in are harmless it's still annoying seeing an icon fly over you on ground level and you dunno if they in a jet, plane or helicopter with firepower.

Lock-on missiles don't lock on to player owned land vehicles, only aircraft. I have no information about player owned boats.

However, they will lock to any enemy NPC's both on the ground and in the air, so at least you can terrorize the cops. 

• 5HT2a, MrWuggy, NDE108 and 4 others like this

Vec
  • Vec

That tough guy act is ridiculous! >:U

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

If the pilots are as bad as the one I faced with other 2 people, then no. It's not the new griefing tool

• Pastry likes this

El Viruz Ántrax 5-7

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:30 PM Edited by Syphiroth, 21 August 2014 - 02:42 PM.

Just because they nerfed the tank to sh*t doesn't mean the Lazer needs it as well. 
Yes, the Lazer is the new go-to grief tool but considering the amount of sh*t tier pilots in this game, nevermind the people that can't aim while maintaining control, it's not a big deal, not near as bad as the tank, which literally required zero skill and could be repeatedly called in via Pegasus over and over and over. 
The cannons are the only effective weapon against players on the ground and they have a rather short range.

The Lazer just needs some actual competition in the skies(Hydra) and an anti-aircraft weapon for people on the ground(Lock-on RPG). 

Also, the guy mentioning people using Buzzards..just..what? Buzzards are less threatening than the now neutered Rhino. Seriously, just pop out a minigun and they fly away in terror. For those who are under level 120, just find some cover and spam sniper shots or use an LMG.

If you are talking to me, I am saying how players get into buzzards and sometimes go off radar, and another thing is that you don't know if they in a buzzard as no aircraft icon shows plane or helicopter.
It's just fair if they use the icons for both aircrafts like they have the tank.
Sometimes I shot down harmless helicopters or planes because they coming towards me and they get pissed (like I would) when you do gun them down, rocket launder or tank rocket kill'em.
Most times I assume it's a buzzard or jet.

Edit: Icon would so help you know what to (maybe) prepare for if coming player icon (heli/plane) your way. Just like the tank, players either scatter or get ready and have a war with you or go get themselves a tank.
It is fair for tank to be exposed so be those in aircrafts. I would like car icons for players too and they could all be green so when Simeon car is taken players have to look (if missed the players name who took car) for the player or car icon heading towards the docks. Of course your car icon remains white so you know white car icon mans your car. But others would see it as green and it just small easy features that could do with online.

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

Lazer shouldnt be nerfed. Its not so easy getting kills without crashing and each time one wants to be sure to get a Lazer intact or dont want to risk dying one has to pay 5000 bucks.

Lazer is fine as it is. Its very rare to come across griefers in Lazers due to the fact that most wannabes crash quite quickly. And for those who master it, congratulations, it took lot of practice and they deserve that edge. With the same argument, supercars should also be nerfed.

• 5HT2a, Pastry and MetalThrasherXtreme like this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

A smart player uses a jet to grief.  Its much easier to use a very fast aerial vehicle with 1 shot kill bullets.  Using a weak armoured vehicle that's very slow isn't good for griefing.  People can hear you from miles away and just slowly go around a block to avoid you so easily.  You cant outrun a jet so easily.  A lot of jets I see (including myself) are passive unless there's a lot of killing going on.  If I see someone constantly kill the same people/person I'll pop in with my jet and kill who I believe to be the aggressor.

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

Getting killed by someone in a jet is NOT being griefed. It's not even possible to be griefed by a Lazer unless you're totally brain-dead. I honest feel embarrassed for some of you people sometimes.

• 5HT2a, hoanghung45, Aether and 5 others like this

Wendy Testaburger
  • Wendy Testaburger

South Park, CO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

I think it's fine. The only time Lazers are annoying is when an experienced pilot like myself is at the stick. Considering the fact I've only been shot down once on my character which I started like a month ago (by an off the radar no skill jet), it looks like a lot of people really suck at flying.

• Pastry and iainspad like this

HollywoodVice
  • HollywoodVice

I'm everywhere, everybody know me

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

Yeah I agree with getting killed by the Lazer doesn't mean you are being grieved. In toun, no matter the pilot skill, is pretty tough for the pilot to get you, if you have half a brain. The Laser itself also doesn't need an icon.

Altho, I bet a lot of pilot's have enjoyed the lot of you players who have moved to PB. :)
  • 5.7 likes this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

The Lazer has been the griefing tool for about 6 months now , on the same scale that you presently see it. 

before that there were only a handful of guys really smacking up lobbies. 

It makes me laugh that there are seriously crews out there dedicated to the Jet, & calling themselves pilots, saying sh*t like "we only recruit beast pilots" or "Best pilots on GTA" ... Yet none of them can dominate with helicopters...

Every single crew you see with so called beast pilots or their crew tag as jets basically lets you know they are wannabes who can only spawn kill with a Jet because the cannon is overpowered & if the cannon ever gets nerfed, all of these guys will be grounded for life. 

it takes so little skill to dominate with a Jet that I have stopped flying it as much as I possibly can to stay away from the sheer noobiness & focus on beasting all these pilots in helis & exposing how weak they are.

I think it's fine. The only time Lazers are annoying is when an experienced pilot like myself is at the stick. Considering the fact I've only been shot down once on my character which I started like a month ago (by an off the radar no skill jet), it looks like a lot of people really suck at flying.

Stop kidding yourself, you are just another Jet only wannabe. 

Don't call yourself an experienced pilot when you would get destroyed in Helis... Call yourself a one trick bandwagon pony.

My 6 year old nephew can get kills with the Lazer....

• doser_ likes this

goodmix
  • goodmix

Player Hater

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:39 PM

Getting killed by someone in a jet is NOT being griefed. It's not even possible to be griefed by a Lazer unless you're totally brain-dead. I honest feel embarrassed for some of you people sometimes.

Come in my session and lets see if I can't grief with a jet.

• Pastry likes this

AboveAndBeyoncé
  • AboveAndBeyoncé

Yonce Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

Do jet griefers even pay for insurance ?

El Viruz Ántrax 5-7

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Yeah, they have too. People in a tank do.
  • Zito likes this

prototypetom
  • prototypetom

purveyor of exasperated sighs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

another difference between tanks and aircraft is the way tanks were used for escalation in a street fight - you're on foot having a good battle with a player or two, you get the upper hand, they break off and while you're wondering what to do next they roll back in with a tank like it's the same fight and they're suddenly ' the man ' and not a sad little coward. that's over now, thank god.

never had the same issue with buzzards/lazers. buzzards are too vulnerable, lazers take too long to get, in those scenarios.

whether lazers need to be nerfed or not - i couldn't say, i don't play tonka wars and i think i've only ever once been engaged by one in any persistent manner.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Yeah, they have too. People in a tank do.

No they don't, it was changed in 1.15 I believe. Not sure about tanks though...

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Lol passive mode renders jets useless unlike tanks that can still grief 

• NikkoCharger likes this

El Viruz Ántrax 5-7

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

Yeah I agree with getting killed by the Lazer doesn't mean you are being grieved. In toun, no matter the pilot skill, is pretty tough for the pilot to get you, if you have half a brain. The Laser itself also doesn't need an icon.
Altho, I bet a lot of pilot's have enjoyed the lot of you players who have moved to PB. :)

Can say the same about people with half a brain would know when a players in a tank, it doesn't need an icon. They only spawn at two spots not hard knowing and seeing how the icon is moving you used to know if someone in a tank or not.
  • HollywoodVice likes this

Nyraider77
  • Nyraider77

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

I'm not trying to be a dick but Duh!!! If your on the ground you basically have no defense against a good Jet pilot. I have had numerous fun ground battles ruined by guys in jets. Now I fully admit the skill involved in flying the Lazer and how good of a pilot you must be in order to kill people on the ground. My beef is that there is basically no counter against them.
Ps I'm pretty sure the don't pay insurance but I wouldn't know as I'm a sh*tty pilot and could never hit anyone on the ground hahahahaha

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Lol passive mode renders jets useless unlike tanks that can still grief 

Not really... it depends on the location.

I have continued to kill people with the Lazer when in passive mode without damaging the Jet, but its all in the location.

• huckmonkey likes this

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:54 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 21 August 2014 - 03:00 PM.

Passive mode and stand next to your highest priced Pv = lazer repellent.

The first time they have to pay 10k without getting a kill plus the added bad sport warning is enough to send them going after the other dummies in the session. Then you get to a roof and pick him off...works every time!

You're either pretty dumb, a glutton for punishment or bad at the game if you're repeatedly killed and can't deal with it.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

You can snipe Lazers.  Heavy Sniper + skill = dead jet.

Frankly, I kind of have to, grudgingly, give Lazer pilots some credit.  The players who have killed me using Lazers have done it with surgical precision - something I am absolutely incapable of doing.

Tanks?  A blind man with at least one working thumb and one brain cell, even if he was on thorazine, could grief a session with a tank.

• Chekoloco, KimberJane, Pastry and 5 others like this

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:56 PM Edited by Wildfire_08, 21 August 2014 - 02:56 PM.

I'm not trying to be a dick but Duh!!! If your on the ground you basically have no defense against a good Jet pilot. I have had numerous fun ground battles ruined by guys in jets. Now I fully admit the skill involved in flying the Lazer and how good of a pilot you must be in order to kill people on the ground. My beef is that there is basically no counter against them.
Ps I'm pretty sure the don't pay insurance but I wouldn't know as I'm a sh*tty pilot and could never hit anyone on the ground hahahahaha

I will stop you there, however difficult you think it is... it isn't.

It is the easiest way of griefing people currently in the game & requires next to no skill at all... Every single Jet "pilot" who claims to be beast that I have come across has been pure garbage when taken out of it & put into the helis. 

Great pilots can do it all, 99% of these Jet turds can only spawn kill with Jet & occasionally dogfight... And its not even a real dogfight because the cannon is so OP it makes all dogfights over within a few seconds & comes down to whoever is behind, or if both circling, whoever lags first...

Until the cannon is nerfed, you will never know who the best Jet pilots are, but you will always know who the best overall pilots are... they are few & far between.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:00 PM Edited by huckmonkey, 21 August 2014 - 03:03 PM.

They just need to make it harder to get so less people are willing to take on the challenge of learning to fly it. Make blind eye not work in the base. Problem solved. They are a good counter to tanks and I wish r* would give the tank it's power back to challenge the jets and keep the jet pilots busy. If the tanks were in lobbies again, I would spend more of my time hunting them instead of other randoms. Also make the jet purchasable for high price.

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

Lazer shouldnt be nerfed. Its not so easy getting kills without crashing and each time one wants to be sure to get a Lazer intact or dont want to risk dying one has to pay 5000 bucks.

Lazer is fine as it is. Its very rare to come across griefers in Lazers due to the fact that most wannabes crash quite quickly. And for those who master it, congratulations, it took lot of practice and they deserve that edge. With the same argument, supercars should also be nerfed.

• huckmonkey likes this

El Viruz Ántrax 5-7

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

another difference between tanks and aircraft is the way tanks were used for escalation in a street fight - you're on foot having a good battle with a player or two, you get the upper hand, they break off and while you're wondering what to do next they roll back in with a tank like it's the same fight and they're suddenly ' the man ' and not a sad little coward. that's over now, thank god.

never had the same issue with buzzards/lazers. buzzards are too vulnerable, lazers take too long to get, in those scenarios.

whether lazers need to be nerfed or not - i couldn't say, i don't play tonka wars and i think i've only ever once been engaged by one in any persistent manner.

Jets are the same for some street battle people.
Australian_Vanessa or Vanessa_Australian something like that ID wouldn't stop with the jets. She was like RP level 128 or 138 so she had access (if purchased) to top range weapons firepower with health no doubt being max. Well, we all battle on ground level and all different RP levels and no one was in a cheat or glitch mode as this before patch 1.16 so rare was not 1-4players or more in a cheat mode while free roaming.
All she did was jet troll everyone in the same ground level spot who battling one another and even tank come in and got blown up the dude didn't go get another one he just went about the lost and kept gun battling. It was terrible to the point everyone went passive mode and waited for her to fk off and she kept firing at us thinking the leftover burning (fire) parts hurt us. Nope, everyone left session.
Next session I go into everyone's at Fort Z getting jets of course and try battling one another in sky, trolling others who died at fort z and trying go back in for a jet, while some go trolling players who in LS or just joined online and trying rob stores. I usually don't give a f*ck about other players or what happens but this BORED me that I had logged off.

BigBrother67
  • BigBrother67

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:13 PM Edited by BigBrother67, 21 August 2014 - 03:15 PM.

LOL. you Jet Griefers are a lot smarter than the Twankers, GD right it's grieving tool, I'm only an Average Pilot and I can get 20 kills E-Z, there's no real counter to it, this is why no Hydra or Jet with no Missiles in this DLC is so dissapointing.

El Viruz Ántrax 5-7

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yeah I completely agree.

Lock-on missiles don't lock on to player owned land vehicles, only aircraft. I have no information about player owned boats.
However, they will lock to any enemy NPC's both on the ground and in the air, so at least you can terrorize the cops.

Ah right, right, see this was first time I tried buzzard killing a tank and was after the 1.16 so I thought before 1.16 buzzards rockets must auto-lock onto any vehicle in it's range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users