Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will you still be interested in the game if it releases in 2015?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic
RedIndianRobin
  • RedIndianRobin

SOMEBODY CUT MY THROAT!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

So, as we all have learned that GTA 5 has been possibly delayed to 2015 release. My guess would be fall 2015. You guys saw what happened with the console version and how it got delayed by almost a year. And speaking of heists... .Nothing to say. :p So my question is that will you guys be playing a game that is 2 years old? I know, i sure wouldn't. 

• Deus Ex likes this

ARC8_1982
  • ARC8_1982

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

No, it has to be this year, or i give up, however i agree with you that the game has a chance to be delayed till next year, presumably Summer or Fall.

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

its delayed to 2015?!...source?

anyway in short the answer would be yes.

I would most definitely be less hyped for the game but still I will want to play it (also cant wait to experience it in VR...so yeah).

MarshallRawR
  • MarshallRawR

Probably paid by Rockstar

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

source?

Stupid people.

• Luna Lovegood, ..GhosT, SmC12 and 6 others like this

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

So, as we all have learned that GTA 5 has been possibly delayed to 2015 release.

Someone should have listened to me when I said we should pin a thread explaining exactly why a delay is unlikely.

• CartmanKusanagi, Xerukal, Bodge and 2 others like this

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:20 PM

It's unlikely, but if it happens I'll likely just end up ignoring the game until I see it on sale somewhere (Or I can get it at a lower price)

It wouldn't be very smart to delay the game for whatever reason unless it's something extremely serious like the game can't start.

Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

So, as we all have learned that GTA 5 has been possibly delayed to 2015 release. My guess would be fall 2015. You guys saw what happened with the console version and how it got delayed by almost a year. And speaking of heists... .Nothing to say. :p So my question is that will you guys be playing a game that is 2 years old? I know, i sure wouldn't. 

...it's not delayed. They never confirmed a delay anywhere. 

Choteron
  • Choteron

Cockstar

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:25 PM Edited by Choteron, 21 August 2014 - 03:27 PM.

No way will be release the next year. will be stupid decision with so many great games that year

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

It.

Won't.

Be.

Delayed.

RedIndianRobin
  • RedIndianRobin

SOMEBODY CUT MY THROAT!!

• Members
  • India

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Given the fact that there's no info yet, not even a lousy screenshot and fall has already started, we can easily say that the game will be delayed to fall next year. Of course, if the game releases next-year, then a huge loss is awaiting Rockstar games as people will definitely lose interest in the game and will cancel pre-orders. (I already did) :p Let's see what happens.  

So, as we all have learned that GTA 5 has been possibly delayed to 2015 release.

Someone should have listened to me when I said we should pin a thread explaining exactly why a delay is unlikely.

Ok, so you think a delay is highly unlikely. Can you yourself give us an opinion why a delay is unlikely possible?? 

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 21 August 2014 - 05:07 PM.

Where is the dislike button?

Ok, so you think a delay is highly unlikely. Can you yourself give us an opinion why a delay is unlikely possible?? 

Sigh... Sorry Snorlax, but I have to repeat it again as you can see a lot of people just left their cave and are seeing the sunlight for the first time.

GTA IV PC was announced in Augusto 6th, 2008 with a release to November 18th, 2008:

http://www.shacknews...theft-auto-4-pc

By the end of October they announced a small delay, till December 2nd, 2008:

http://www.ign.com/a...yed-to-december

So we had an announcement in August for a release 3 months later and they needed a few extra weeks (keep in mind that the pre-ordering/ marketing of the game started from that day). This time we got an announcement in June but no release date, but the pre-orders are running since then, the world knows about the game coming since then, so in practical terms Rockstar could give a release date and release the game a week later... because everything is already up and running, so a release could even be possible in September using the 3 months time frame. Although there is always the delay possibility, which happens in every release for every platform, so this time instead of giving a precise day/ month or week, they use the term fall which includes every month from September till December.

And with the official announcement done already, all they need is 1 or 2 articles on newswire with a video and some screens and their marketing is done, in 3 weeks they can make all the needed marketing and give a release for a week later, because the game is already selling. People are paying just to have it pre-ordered even not knowing when it's released. So they are interested in the purchase.

And of course there are other logical facts that need to be taken into consideration, like the expectation of this title by MICROSFT and SONY for their systems which will make the sales rise in the coming Christmas season, and also by the PC hardware companies like AMD, NVIDIA and INTEL... this whole GTA V PC/CG thing is a big cake that will be split in a lot of slices to a lot of hungry companies. And T2 is counting on it for their numbers.

So there is no reason to believe in a delay, when there is nothing that hints to it. The time frame, the companies expectations, the time frame used by every retailers, the need for this to happen in the Christmas season.. it all adds up.

• SergeantGnome likes this

_MK_
  • _MK_

46EEK572

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015]Best Scenery
    [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015]Best Filtered

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:02 PM Edited by MKIIIX, 21 August 2014 - 05:04 PM.

Well they made us wait this far,why not add a couple a more months to it ? its rockstar and don't tell me u can predict rockstar,no one can not even sonic(if u get what i mean) i would have said the longer silence the further the release, but that would just conflict with what i just said,maybe IKEA can throw us a bone here...

don't know why im going so negativi here guess its all them vids talking about a delay and R not saying a damn word about it,those MFS have a PHD in making people go insane,i'd wait for R to say it before taking anyone's word.

Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:19 PM Edited by Nick930930, 21 August 2014 - 05:22 PM.

Given the fact that there's no info yet, not even a lousy screenshot and fall has already started, we can easily say that the game will be delayed to fall next year. Of course, if the game releases next-year, then a huge loss is awaiting Rockstar games as people will definitely lose interest in the game and will cancel pre-orders. (I already did) :p Let's see what happens.  

No.. we can't "easily say it's been delayed" We can't say anything. You don't know how Rockstar works at all do you. 

They could release it tomorrow if they wanted... the game doesn't even need a commercial on TV and will sell bigger than anything out there. It's f***ing GTA... This isn't just a game.. it's a playground that EVERYONE wants to play in. Even people who don't care about video games. 

• HesamB likes this

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

source?

Stupid people.

im not 24/7 here.. unlike ppl like you I still have a life.

Yogensia
  • Yogensia

Hobbyist Digital Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:39 AM

No need to think there's going to be a delay yet. True that as weeks go by without a release date it becomes more possible, but until Rockstar says anything lets not anticipate events, shall we? :p

Like i said when the anouncement was made, i still think they are aiming for very late fall, so probably November. And if there was a delay, there's no way in hell they would delay it a whole year when they already took this long to anounce it in the first place. If anything i would believe a delay to February or similar, but still, let's hope not.

HesamB
  • HesamB

Yesterday watched a whole season of The Office :|

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

well I dont think its gonna be delayed, that i promise

but if it did ( not gonna ) I will cry a little, maybe have a mild heart attack, lose a little weight,... anyway yes I'd be interested in it . it's not like we have any other choice

We just wait... I'm good at waiting, Mastered waiting in this god forsaken country .

_FRANKENSTEIN_
  • _FRANKENSTEIN_

f*ck Google Ask Me!!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

Yes, why not?!

Luismy_MMD
  • Luismy_MMD

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

I think I won't even bother to play it if it releases later than November.

So many sweet games are on the way on September - October, so they better release them in September or October so I ignore the other releases and get lost in GTA V again.

At the latest I would say November so I can finish all the nice releases and get on GTA V.

If it doesn't release by then I will just stop caring and get it either never or in a random web in a Steam deal someday.

utack
  • utack

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

Yes, why not?!

Exactly. It's not suddently less interesting.

Breitsmeister
  • Breitsmeister

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

If they delay gta v but i highly doubt it, I will think twice before buying this game, because the Witcher 3 and other great games are coming soon.

Antaxi
  • Antaxi

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

its GTA!!!

how you thinking? :lol:

xboxshqip
  • xboxshqip

Crackhead

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:25 AM Edited by xboxshqip, 23 August 2014 - 07:29 AM.

im not interested in any other game this fall so yeah hope it releases 

anyway if it delays ill wait what to do 

im a graphic whore i wont the final version at all cost 

this spring 2015 release that peoples talk may be 

http://www.polygon.c...-xbox-one-title

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:10 AM Edited by Xerukal, 23 August 2014 - 09:12 AM.

So, as we all have learned that GTA 5 has been possibly delayed to 2015 release. My guess would be fall 2015.

i agree with you that the game has a chance to be delayed till next year, presumably Summer or Fall.

ibg63xD0ih59wJ.gif 

• Th3MaN1, PlasmaFLOW, Evan-KCR and 3 others like this

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bekÔr!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

You really love that gif don't you?  :p

Grupy
  • Grupy

there is no need to be upset

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

There will be no delay. I Was lurking on a rockstar's twitch stream yesterday and some guy asked the broadcaster (who was talkin with ppl in chat) "will the pc version come out this year", and the rockstar guy replied "Yes, GTA V for PC will be released this Fall" or something like that :p 

So unless there's some last minute delay im pretty sure that it will be out this Fall.

K.Walters
  • K.Walters

Keep calm and facepalm

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:42 AM Edited by Zoidbergs_LV, 23 August 2014 - 09:43 AM.

Yeah I will but I`ll lose more and more interest as the time passes. If they push it too long I might just wait for a 75% off sale on Steam, because I`m in 3rd year at uni and stuff.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:59 AM Edited by Xerukal, 23 August 2014 - 10:02 AM.

It's a true gem.

To elaborate: I'm not one to force my beliefs or educated guesses onto others, but I've gone into the whole delay thing way too many times to repeat myself. People can believe and hold onto whatever they like. No drama. But I just don't like it when some talk about it like it's a certainty that the game is delayed, like it's already a sure thing. It isn't. 

The only reason I'm bias towards there not being a delay is because of the overwhelming amount of time that Rockstar has had to finish these versions up. Not to mention the fact that 2 out of 3 of the new versions are pretty much sitting there nice and finished, while the third one may be getting some additional work done (basic polish most likely, nothing delay-worthy, just my assumption).

Furthermore, it seems like some people are screaming "DELAY!" just for the sake of doing so, simply because Rockstar has a history of it. They do this without taking into account basic logic and factors that are known to us in the present, so they hold onto the past because "it's just how it works". 

I do this as well, I keep saying that trying to predict Rockstar is futile because they can't be limited by patterns. It's just how it works with them. So when people say "Okay, we didn't get news in this month, so the next month is definitely out of the question for the release date". No. The truth is, nothing is out of the question. Even a delay isn't, I am bias and I still admit it.

But as unpredictable as Rockstar may be, we still need to hold onto what we have in the present and take it at face value, if only to avoid overthinking and misinterpretation. The game is being marketed as releasing in the Fall of 2014. We are a full month away from the time window of Fall. There is no going back now.

• Evan-KCR likes this

HesamB
  • HesamB

Yesterday watched a whole season of The Office :|

• Members
  • Iran

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

It's a true gem.

To elaborate: I'm not one to force my beliefs or educated guesses onto others, but I've gone into the whole delay thing way too many times to repeat myself. People can believe and hold onto whatever they like. No drama. But I just don't like it when some talk about it like it's a certainty that the game is delayed, like it's already a sure thing. It isn't. 

The only reason I'm bias towards there not being a delay is because of the overwhelming amount of time that Rockstar has had to finish these versions up. Not to mention the fact that 2 out of 3 of the new versions are pretty much sitting there nice and finished, while the third one may be getting some additional work done (basic polish most likely, nothing delay-worthy, just my assumption).

Furthermore, it seems like some people are screaming "DELAY!" just for the sake of doing so, simply because Rockstar has a history of it. They do this without taking into account basic logic and factors that are known to us in the present, so they hold onto the past because "it's just how it works". 

I do this as well, I keep saying that trying to predict Rockstar is futile because they can't be limited by patterns. It's just how it works with them. So when people say "Okay, we didn't get news in this month, so the next month is definitely out of the question for the release date". No. The truth is, nothing is out of the question. Even a delay isn't, I am bias and I still admit it.

But as unpredictable as Rockstar may be, we still need to hold onto what we have in the present and take it at face value, if only to avoid overthinking and misinterpretation. The game is being marketed as releasing in the Fall of 2014. We are a full month away from the time window of Fall. There is no going back now.

Im with ya, I mean delaying this game is literally like killing the sales, and based on the fact that this industry is for the money, I dont think they delay it, unless Rockstar is sick of money they made from their 1 billion sales and just wanna torch it. ( I cant find the torching the money scene by Joker from the Dark night to put here :D )

• hristi likes this

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

(I cant find the torching the money scene by Joker from the Dark night to put here :D)

Spoiler

"It's not about money. It's about sending a message.

Everything is delayed."

Zer0w5
  • Zer0w5

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

6qn.png

• Performer, Xerukal and raburs like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users