Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Spoilers] 1.16 Update: New Properties Owned.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

I HATE IT WHEN I GET FREE STUFF :(

• OneManCrimeWave likes this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:28 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 22 August 2014 - 11:31 AM.

I HATE IT WHEN I GET FREE STUFF :(

That's not really relevant. The DLC's are implemented horribly and actually impact singleplayer. Any new player who loads up the PS3 version (Which automatically installs all of the DLCs as if they were updates) for the first time from this point forward starts the game with pistols and assault rifles already in their inventory right after they finish the intro mission for Franklin, for example.

• Choco Taco, Cutter De Blanc, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

I totally understand the situation, really I do. I'm actually quite annoyed by the fact that the garages are something I paid extra for originally, but are now free. 

But here's a thing, right... you can pretend that you don't have those items from the beginning by not using them. It's really quite remarkable, I know. 

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

It is a bit silly. Franklin should clearly not be the proud owner of an airport hangar when the game starts.

These new vehicles should be added to the map rather than just delivered to everyone, mucking up the game progression.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

I see your point. But when I got my SE version at release, it came with some extras... I got the garages, some weapons... And I didn't really think anything of it at the time. Those appear right at the beginning of the game too. 

I don't think this is a bug, though, I think it's just a slightly odd decision to give people more things. 

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

One thing I really liked was when. You were loading up the game it would show you a load of cool game art now its just online news
  • Fuzzknuckles, OneManCrimeWave and theGTAking101 like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

One thing I really liked was when. You were loading up the game it would show you a load of cool game art now its just online news

Agreed on this, definitely. Much as I'm growing to love Online, I miss seeing the portraits. I got the updates, I've seen the content, no need to remind me it's there. I'm sure it's completely possible for them to show those the first time you boot up after an update and then stop showing them, much as it's possible for them to just display it at all. 

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Yup, I wouldn't mind the news showing up if it appeared next to artwork other than the beach chick, all the news shows up with her in the background, not a huge fan.

temi4328
  • temi4328

"The crow no longer sings to me"

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

This might be a bit off-topic. But what if rockstar are adding everything from online into single player for ps4/xbox one/pc??

nunyobidness
  • nunyobidness

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

I totally understand the situation, really I do. I'm actually quite annoyed by the fact that the garages are something I paid extra for originally, but are now free. 

But here's a thing, right... you can pretend that you don't have those items from the beginning by not using them. It's really quite remarkable, I know. 

Exactly, Just because they gave it to you doesn't mean you have to use it. An argument could be made about the weapons being automatically placed into the inventory, but even there it's not like they gave us 500-1000 rounds of ammo too. You still had to acumulate the ammo. Maybe there's another argument to be made for at least setting it up so the new toys only unlock from the beginning once you've beat the game so you can have them on a new playthrough. At this point I've played through 3 times, if I just want to start a new game with a lot of toys at my disposal it's not hurting anything.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

Rockstargames lazy work for SP, again shown here. 

• theGTAking101 likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

These new vehicles should be added to the map rather than just delivered to everyone, mucking up the game progression.

This is something I find annoying, and particularly lazy on Rockstar's part. Instead of making the additional vehicles also fit into SP and have them spawn like normal traffic, which would give a bigger variety (say, making hipster update cars spawn around the mirror park area often compared to elsewhere), we're just handed them in a big list in our garages.

Not only is this half-assing it, I have to have gta wiki open to know what I'm selecting. They don't really seem to be caring about SP at all.

• PowerKracker, Cutter De Blanc and theGTAking101 like this

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

It was mine, Cactus Wine!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

Lol R* make sh*t work in backwards.

sh*t should be free from the start on Online, work for it on Singleplayer.

• theGTAking101 likes this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

I think we should only have access to the new planes and choppers only when we buy these hangars with M and F and when we complete that mission with T.

TurboLag23
  • TurboLag23

Track day, bro!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:33 AM

R* being lazy with this DLC in singleplayer again. Seriously, why do we get all this sh*t for free in single player? Money is already useless enough, giving us free planes, cars, etc.. isn't exactly helping.

They should treat Single Player the same way they do Online, I should have to buy these new vehicles on a website instead of getting them for free just because they're too lazy to do anything for Single Player.

Well without the ability to insure PV's in SP, what's the point??

You're right; if we could insure PV's, each of my characters would have a bunch of cars custom-tailored to them (Franklin with the sports cars, Michael with the luxury cars, and Trevor with the off-road/badass cars)...  but right now each character just serves as a drop-in place to store vehicles I've modded in single-player that I might want to get in Online (Akuma, Panto, Zion, Warrener, etc.)

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

Store them in the 4 car garages turn auto save off if your car blows up reload the save don't go too far away from the car. If you get killed By cops while in the car it will be in the impound

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

I really wish Online development did not screw with single player. It's almost impossible to have fun with the Rhino now in SP because people Online bitched about it being too hard to destroy, Rockstar makes it more vulnerable to explosions, and then decided it should also affect single player.

This is why you say FUKK YOU to Rockstar and give a Thumbs Up to the Hazard Save Editor.  Why?  Cuz in the Hazard Save Editor, you can now get indestructible vehicles.  The Tank is completely invincible.  Explosions don't do jacksh*t.  Hazard is the one who makes V fun for a lot of people, including myself.  Rockstar sucked all life out of V in SP.  It's a disgrace, really.

ATubbyGamer
  • ATubbyGamer

I'll be with you in a minute, spark plug.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

Yeah Rockstar pretty much just unlocked the Hangar for all characters it seems like because of the SA: Flight School Pack. Which is nice of them to be honest. 

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Its a bit lame that you unlock all the DLC stuff in the first mission.

The DLC stuff should be unlocked together with the other weapons in its class imho.

more bending over by R* for the casuals that want instant gratification, ludicrisly easy missions.

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

TBH I like having unlimited DLC cars in my garage since the Car saving system is horrible imo.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:04 AM

I just avoid using all DLC content in SP until later in the game when I think it seems 'realistic' for the story

I will use some like F cruising around a ghetto looking Warrener is OK or T using the antique knife or broken bottle

but I'll definitely avoid using the Turismo R and Bullyup rifle at the start of the game lol

it's easy enough to just choose not to use it :)

but yeah R* has been lazy with the SP patches

they still never ever fixed the Weed Farm respawn the game still says you can come back but it still never ever respawns after the fixed the money suitcase/underwater respawn lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users