Quantcast

» «
Photo

[Spoilers] 1.16 Update: New Properties Owned.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
50 replies to this topic
The Khamelion
  • The Khamelion

The Drifter

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:37 AM

After the aviation DLC, Franklin has been given the LSX airport hangar for free.

I've only completed the first mission, Franklin and Lamar. Never play single player except to switch into an invite only online session. Today, I was in the process of switching over when the "New vehicles have been added to your garage property" notification appeared... Except it read "Mew vehicles have been added to your garage and hangar property". Sure enough the icon was on my map, and when I went down to the airport, no wanted level. The Mil-Jet, Besra, AND Vestra were stored.

I did not have access to the Vestra before though, after the Business Update. Maybe the hangar becomes a given if it hasn't already been purchased because of the update..?

Cake* Games
  • Cake* Games

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:40 AM

If you don't already own a hangar you will be gifted one after downloading this DLC.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:48 AM Edited by TJGM, 21 August 2014 - 03:49 AM.

R* being lazy with this DLC in singleplayer again. Seriously, why do we get all this sh*t for free in single player? Money is already useless enough, giving us free planes, cars, etc.. isn't exactly helping.

They should treat Single Player the same way they do Online, I should have to buy these new vehicles on a website instead of getting them for free just because they're too lazy to do anything for Single Player.

• AndyGanteks, AlfredNTheFettuc, DIEXEL and 11 others like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:10 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 21 August 2014 - 09:11 AM.

Yes, this is true, after Update 1.16,  M and F now own a hangar, a slipway and a helipad in LS to accomodate the DLC vehicles.

M & F no longer gain a wanted level at the airport but Trevor does.

Trevor now owns a slipway but not a helipad or hangar in LS as he already owns these at Sandy Shores.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Ich nehme eine Brötchen und stecke das in mein Arschloch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

Yes, it's damn lazy. It's like the only purpose SP has anymore is testing out stuff for free before getting it in MP.

I just hope it's not as ham-handed on PS4/Xbone/PC, or it's ultimate laziness.

• DIEXEL, AndrewDeSanta, Luddite and 5 others like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Forum Leader

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Nations
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:51 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 21 August 2014 - 11:51 AM.

Spoiler

• Miamivicecity, Choco Taco, DIEXEL and 6 others like this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

Spoiler

The T helipad and hangar should become available only after "that" mission... R* maybe fix this later.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• Members
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

This really pisses me off. I hate that SNS pistol and the bottle (rather I hate having them forced into my inventory). Rockstar's point of view is "everyone's played the SP now, so who gives a sh*t?"

And ultimately, little things like this has let to me giving less of a sh*t. SP has been neglected so much that I just don't care about GTA anymore (and that is a f*cking huge revelation). MP's meh, and SP's just ruined.

Will they fix this? I'll bet not.

• DIEXEL, Cutter De Blanc, theGTAking101 and 4 others like this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

This really pisses me off. I hate that SNS pistol and the bottle (rather I hate having them forced into my inventory). Rockstar's point of view is "everyone's played the SP now, so who gives a sh*t?"

And ultimately, little things like this has let to me giving less of a sh*t. SP has been neglected so much that I just don't care about GTA anymore (and that is a f*cking huge revelation). MP's meh, and SP's just ruined.

Will they fix this? I'll bet not.

Got that right. What's even more annoying is that MP has all of these different weapon skins yet in Single Player we get three.. they can clearly give it to us in single player but they won't because it has to be exclusive to online for some stupid reason.

Another thing is how all the weapon attachments for the DLC weapons cost a HUGE amount of money, since R* were too lazy to change the price of them in Single Player they just used Online prices, wouldn't be a problem with me since I think weapon attachments in Single Player cost too little anyway, but the BAWSAQ hasn't worked in two/three weeks, so I have no way to get money on this playthrough to buy the attachments for the weapons, so stupid.

One more thing while I'm on this rant, I literally don't know what car is what in my personal garage for each player anymore, they show no preview of the cars and for some reason I'm supposed to know the names of all these DLC cars that have been added over the past few months.. Of course this wouldn't be a problem if I actually had to buy the feckin' car.

• theGTAking101 and InfiniteTias like this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

What's even more annoying is that MP has all of these different weapon skins yet in Single Player we get three..

Another thing is how all the weapon attachments for the DLC weapons cost a HUGE amount of money, since R* were too lazy to change the price of them in Single Player they just used Online prices,

Not true.

Anyway, I'm annoyed that we just get the properties for free. I don't mind the garages, but what's the point of earning money if we're just going to have everything for free in a few patches? I want to put in effort to get all these items instead of getting everything handed to me.

I am now waiting for a patch that will remove money and make literally everything in the game for free.

• stjimmy3 and Militia like this

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

That's really bit off putting, since I planned to do new SP playthrough. Getting lots of free stuff from the start doesn't give you any sense of achievement.

Maybe just keep the latest patch and do not install DLC's until story mode is complete..

• Choco Taco likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:16 PM Edited by TJGM, 21 August 2014 - 05:18 PM.

What's even more annoying is that MP has all of these different weapon skins yet in Single Player we get three..

Another thing is how all the weapon attachments for the DLC weapons cost a HUGE amount of money, since R* were too lazy to change the price of them in Single Player they just used Online prices,

Not true.

Erm, are you sure? I already know that in my Single Player I only have 3 weapon skins since release, and the weapon attachments for the DLC weapons also cost a huge amount of money for me too in my latest playthrough, I could only afford them with Michael, now Franklin and Trevor are broke because I could only buy a few of them.

EDIT: Cr!minal sadly we can't do that on PS3, DLC comes with the patch. ;-;

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

Not true.

Erm, are you sure? I already know that in my Single Player I only have 3 weapon skins since release, and the weapon attachments for the DLC weapons also cost a huge amount of money for me too in my latest playthrough, I could only afford them with Michael, now Franklin and Trevor are broke because I could only buy a few of them.

I always had all weapon skins in my game (Black, Army, LSPD, Green, Orange, Pink, Gold and Platinum) and I compared SP and Online prices when new DLC's were released - prices were different and I had no Ammu-Nation discounts in both SP and Online.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:24 PM Edited by TJGM, 21 August 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Huh, strange. I think the special edition of the game comes with more Single Player skins, but not sure why R* would do this since they added them into Online even if you don't have the special edition.

And strange, I thought they were the same, they cost a lot more than the weapon attachments do on non-dlc guns, not sure why R* would increase them so much.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

Its a bit lame that you unlock all the DLC stuff in the first mission.

The DLC stuff should be unlocked together with the other weapons in its class imho.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

Additional weapon skins come with Special Edition? I guess that could explain it all (I have Collector's Edition). Whatever is up with that, I agree that there is no point in making them exclusive to Online and leaving them unavailable for most people in SP.

• TJGM and Militia like this

PerfectBlade
  • PerfectBlade

Soldier

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

Additional weapon skins come with Special Edition? I guess that could explain it all (I have Collector's Edition). Whatever is up with that, I agree that there is no point in making them exclusive to Online and leaving them unavailable for most people in SP.

Same happened to me after i got ''Collectors Edition DLC''. 

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:23 PM Edited by Cr!minal, 21 August 2014 - 08:23 PM.

Haven't you thought that maybe this in-game behaviour is actually a bug introduced with 1.16 patch and was not intentional?

For example, I don't remember getting the Vestra plane with hangar property when Business Update launched..

I'd rather like to see this fixed in next update.

theGTAking101
  • theGTAking101

Lana is love, Lana is life

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:49 PM Edited by theGTAking101, 21 August 2014 - 11:22 PM.

What really pisses me off is that you get every DLC car/plane for free, instead of having to buy them.

Another thing is you should have to buy DLC weapons. If you start a new playthrough, you instantly start off with 3 pistols,2 assault rifles, etc.

• Militia likes this

VerdictProductions
  • VerdictProductions

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:56 AM Edited by Barefoot Tiger, 22 August 2014 - 09:10 AM. Duplicate topic merged into existing topic

Duplicate topic merged into existing topic

FREE AIRPORT HANGAR, HELIPAD, AND MARINA WITH BOTH MICHAEL AND FRANKLIN'S CHARACTERS?

I was wondering if this had happened to anyone else while playing GTAV... ?

I was setting up a heist mission and had to complete flight school with Michael.  It was the Trevor Merrywheather Heist with the Minisub & Heavy-Lift Helicopter with Michael pilotting option.

After I completed the flight school with Michael, and receiving mostly Gold Medals (aside from two Silver Medals and one Bronze) all the sudden I had a completely FREE Airport Hangar, Helipad, AND Marina available to BOTH Michael and Franklin's characters.  I didn't have to walk up and purchase them either and when I tried to go up to the "Purchase Property" signs for all of them, I couldn't purchase them any longer so I know for a fact they were given to me... and no money was missing out of my bank accounts.  I only had about 1 million available in Michael's account and maybe 400K in Franklin's.  The Airport Hangar costs around 1.3 million, anyways so I didn't even have enough money to purchase it.

I am not positive it was because I completed the flight school... it gave me absolutely no notification of why I was given those properties at no cost, or that I was even given them at all... but I just noticed them being available for me immediately after I finished the flight school.

I played the game and beat it twice before this and only did the Flight School one other time with Michael, expecting to at least receive a copless entry into the airport with Michael and didn't get anything for completing it so I have no idea why or how this even happened to me.

I cannot find any articles on the web anywhere of this ever happening to anyone else.

Thanks to any answers I can receive!

Oh, and btw this was on Story Mode... not Online mode.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

It's because R* don't give a sh*t about Single Player and they're too lazy to actually set prices in Single Player for all this new f*ckin' DLC that they're given out. So they just give it to the players for free and on this recent update they said "Hey, let's f*ck the people who play Single Player over even more and give them more free sh*t because money isn't worthless enough yet".

So yeah, its because of the latest DLC, everyone has it.

• Choco Taco, WildBrick142, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

VerdictProductions
  • VerdictProductions

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:59 AM

AND this could have happened around the time I downloaded the new Online pack with the new Jumbo Jet & Western Besra they added...

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дредлоксъ

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:59 AM

It's because R* don't give a sh*t about Single Player and they're too lazy to actually set prices in Single Player for all this new f*ckin' DLC that they're given out. So they just give it to the players for free and on this recent update they said "Hey, let's f*ck the people who play Single Player over even more and give them more free sh*t because money isn't worthless enough yet".

haha the rage.

• Startug likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

haha the rage.

Got dat right. Seriously disappointed with these DLC's and the Single Player, it removes any challenge and the 'pursuit of the mighty dollar' just goes down the drain when they pull crap like this.

• theGTAking101 likes this

SevDoggX
  • SevDoggX

Accessories + LSPD = Clean Getaways

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:35 AM Edited by SevDoggX, 22 August 2014 - 06:59 AM.

So... you're upset that they're giving you vehicles that you don't need to purchase?

*Edit*

But on a more.. 'disheartened' note, I do feel like the Single Player was entirely shadowed. I believe this might be due, or rather, is the result of the implementing the Stock Market into the game.. Honestly, I would prefer to rob the small green Flecca banks that are scattered around to get big bucks, rather than just invest all money into the stock market, because that is soo boring and I feel like they only added in the stock market to compensate for not having an abundance of ways to achieve a lot of funds in a short amount of time in SP. The SP just feels outright sloppy because of that sh*t. I felt like I didn't even really earn any of the money I achieved in the game. Yeah, sure, I've got millions and millions thanks to the market, but now that I have it all.. What now? I can buy any vehicle, any plane I want, and still have enough money left over to do it all again fifty times over, but what's the challenge in that? What's the point? What's the point in upgrading Franklin's Bravado Buffalo with bulletproof tires and bulletproof platings if you can't take on difficult heists with it with the three main characters? Why do the masks even exist anyway? SP has so much potential, but now the only thing thats fun to do in it is to listen in on the conversations between the protagonists and supporting characters. 

Now, in Online.. It's different there. There, I actually feel like I'm in control of how much money I make (for the most part, I still feel like there needs to be some improvements, *HEISTS?*). It's a shame, SP feels so bland, yet there's so much more going on in it compared to 'Online' 

• theGTAking101 and warlord GTAV like this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:51 AM Edited by TJGM, 22 August 2014 - 06:51 AM.

So... you're upset that they're giving you vehicles that you don't need to purchase?

Well yes, it breaks immersion and it makes no sense.

Why is Franklin, a broke gangbanger suddenly a rich guy with a hanger for aircraft which also has jets and a helicopter? R* are just lazy about the entire situation and are too lazy to make this stuff purchasable through websites in Single Player.

• Choco Taco and theGTAking101 like this

SevDoggX
  • SevDoggX

Accessories + LSPD = Clean Getaways

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:14 AM Edited by SevDoggX, 22 August 2014 - 07:34 AM.

Well yes, it breaks immersion and it makes no sense.

Why is Franklin, a broke gangbanger suddenly a rich guy with a hanger for aircraft which also has jets and a helicopter? R* are just lazy about the entire situation and are too lazy to make this stuff purchasable through websites in Single Player.

I further elaborated my perspective in my edit, 'take a look at it if you want.

And yes, that was a little bit uncalled for. Franklin is supposed to be the ambitious, hungry and the go-getter of the group. He represents every GTA character in previous installments, I will say.. (Maybe not all of them, but many of them), you would imagine it would take him years and years to achieve all of the assets he gains in the SP, but nope, his story ends real short, and with a whole lot of cash he really doesn't need. 

There was no 'stock market' in the other games. You had to earn your money, not do 6-7 easy missions and then get granted billions and billions of dollars. It's almost as if its a cheat. Why did Rockstar do that? You literally have so much money that there's no point other than just wiping your ass with most of it, what's the point? And now that you have plenty of things to spend money on, (unlike GTA IV), you're basically in limbo throughout the rest of your time playing SP. 

And yeah, you did heists, which were a lot of fun, imo, but were primarily scripted, and you were just a slave to the FIB for most of them. What happened to that one part about 'Maybe you'll be able to plan your own.. 'jobs'" When Michael spoke to Franklin during the Jewel Store Job? It's so lame, and I feel misled. Franklin, Michael and Trevor are some great characters, and now it seems like we have to turn our guns and aim them at the voiceless drones in 'Online' :/ 

I loved GTA V's story, but I was really disappointed at the same time. 

It's like while they were still developing Singleplayer, they just shoved all of the elements they were going to add into it right off the planning board and renamed the game to 'Grand Theft Auto Online' mid-development. 

• TJGM and theGTAking101 like this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

Well I agree, and that's the reason I'm upset about all this DLC because it isn't exactly helping the already disappointing story.

All they had to do was put all these DLC vehicles and whatever onto websites just like GTAO, but since Single Player isn't exactly what they care about anymore (stupid move R*), they just rush them into the three protags garages, hanger, etc.. and if they haven't got those garages, they get them for free because reasons unknown.

• theGTAking101 and SevDoggX like this

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

Rock star why? Nothing more to say?

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:18 AM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 22 August 2014 - 10:25 AM.

I really wish Online development did not screw with single player. It's almost impossible to have fun with the Rhino now in SP because people Online bitched about it being too hard to destroy, Rockstar makes it more vulnerable to explosions, and then decided it should also affect single player. I ran over 1 car with the Rhino once and the back of it already had black smoke. Another example is the missions phone app in Singleplayer not working at all since Online was launched, or the fact that the loading screen is now a black screen for 10 seconds and then shows Online news.

While the hangar issue doesn't bother me too much Rockstar really needs to find a better way to put the DLC stuff in single player, such as giving the new vehicles spawn points, or at least making them available in on the internet scaled down to a sane price from not being in Online's economy. 

• Choco Taco, CartmanKusanagi, theGTAking101 and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users