Quantcast

» «
Photo

Buying a "Shark Card" for someone in different country...?

16 replies to this topic
melandthea
  • melandthea

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Hi everybody

I live in England and my boyfriend lives in America, and I decided that I'd like to treat him to a Shark Card, with the amount of $1.25m.

Only... I haven't actually been able to.

I've heard that it's region locked. Is there *anyway* that I can purchase one for him? I attempted to buy one off Gamestop and even Walmart, but my orders were rejected.  

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

On a sidenote, if anybody here who is trustworthy and lives in America would be willing to buy the Shark Card's digital code for me? I will happily, via Paypal, send money for the amount that it would cost and also a little extra for helping me out.

Thank you, Mel

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:21 AM Edited by Franceska, 21 August 2014 - 11:22 AM.

If you insist on using Paypal, your best bet is to look for United States codes-websites (trustworthy ones!). If you don't insist on using Paypal, you could use Amazon.

Also, you could change the amount of money necessary into USDollars and see if that works on Paypal when ordering from those listed in your original post.

melandthea
  • melandthea

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

If you insist on using Paypal, your best bet is to look for United States codes-websites (trustworthy ones!). If you don't insist on using Paypal, you could use Amazon.

Also, you could change the amount of money necessary into USDollars and see if that works on Paypal when ordering from those listed in your original post.

Thank you for replying! I'm not really sure what type of sites to look for - new to all of this :) I'm not dead-set on Paypal, so I'll happily use alternative payment methods.

Why does Rockstar have to make this so difficult? D:

Franceska
  • Franceska

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:22 PM Edited by Franceska, 21 August 2014 - 05:22 PM.

Thank you for replying! I'm not really sure what type of sites to look for - new to all of this :) I'm not dead-set on Paypal, so I'll happily use alternative payment methods.

Question before I suggest something else: What does he use: PlayStation, or Xbox?

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

I believe paypal would be the safest alternative when reaching out to strangers on the internet.  If you don't get the product(code) then they don't get paid

• melandthea likes this

melandthea
  • melandthea

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:46 PM Edited by melandthea, 21 August 2014 - 05:47 PM.

Question before I suggest something else: What does he use: PlayStation, or Xbox?

Xbox 360 :)

Just spoke to somebody on Gamestop's live chat and they basically said it wouldn't be possible to order one from them. So, I tried newegg and got stuck as soon as I hit the shipping/billing. Basically, because I had put his address for shipping I wasn't able to change the billing information to a different country etc. >.<

Franceska
  • Franceska

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by Franceska, 21 August 2014 - 06:27 PM.

Just spoke to somebody on Gamestop's live chat and they basically said it wouldn't be possible to order one from them. So, I tried newegg and got stuck as soon as I hit the shipping/billing. Basically, because I had put his address for shipping I wasn't able to change the billing information to a different country etc. >.<

Some sites don't accept the currency transfer thing that PayPal does. Sony is one of them too. This is however easy to fix.You can always revert it back if it doesn't work, and no money will be lost.

Login to PayPal
Go to My Profile
-> My Money
You will be taken to a page where you can see stuff related to your money.
You see your PayPal balance, and "Currencies" on the right side.

Click on "Currencies"

Look on your left, you'll see add currency, select US Dollars.

You will see on the right side "Currency Exchange". Click US Dollars as "To" currency. Fill in 12.38 in the amount to transfer. (this is $20.01)
Click on Continue.

You'll be taken to a confirmation page. Confirm it.

You now have $20.01 on your PayPal account. I suggest making it your primary currency and try purchasing a shark card again from Gamestop.

Here's an image for if you have no idea what I mean with above: ( I transferred 1 cent for you to show it :p )

zF0eVja.png
  • melandthea likes this

melandthea
  • melandthea

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Some sites don't accept the currency transfer thing that PayPal does. Sony is one of them too. This is however easy to fix.You can always revert it back if it doesn't work, and no money will be lost.

Login to PayPal
Go to My Profile
-> My Money
You will be taken to a page where you can see stuff related to your money.
You see your PayPal balance, and "Currencies" on the right side.

Click on "Currencies"

Look on your left, you'll see add currency, select US Dollars.

You will see on the right side "Currency Exchange". Click US Dollars as "To" currency. Fill in 12.38 in the amount to transfer. (this is $20.01)
Click on Continue.

You'll be taken to a confirmation page. Confirm it.

You now have $20.01 on your PayPal account. I suggest making it your primary currency and try purchasing a shark card again from Gamestop.

Here's an image for if you have no idea what I mean with above: ( I transferred 1 cent for you to show it :p )

zF0eVja.png

thank you for all of that - I managed to successfully convert my money through Paypal. then Gamestop gives me this message -

• We aren't able to process your payment using your PayPal account at this time. Please go back to the merchant and try using a different payment method.

Going. To. Cry. :(

If anybody's interested, I have $40 in my PayPal account and I am willing to buy you your own shark card, too, as long as it does not exceed $20.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Let me try some googling. I will help you out with this, don't worry!

melandthea
  • melandthea

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

Aww thank you so much, I really appreciate it (: There must be some way around it...well, I hope there is

Franceska
  • Franceska

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Aww thank you so much, I really appreciate it (: There must be some way around it...well, I hope there is

Since it's $19.99 for a $1.25m card, I suggest you either this (Giving him the $20 gift card so he can buy a Shark Card himself with it or anything else in case he actually doesn't want a shark card) Amazon does NOT accept PayPal though!  or you could buy from GameStop using a different method as well. 

I have yet to find an alternative that accepts PayPal in the US though so far that sells Xbox versions of the shark cards. But then again, I'm not in the US, so I don't know anything than the most popular ones. :p 

melandthea
  • melandthea

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:26 PM

Since it's $19.99 for a $1.25m card, I suggest you either this (Giving him the $20 gift card so he can buy a Shark Card himself with it or anything else in case he actually doesn't want a shark card) Amazon does NOT accept PayPal though!  or you could buy from GameStop using a different method as well. 

I have yet to find an alternative that accepts PayPal in the US though so far that sells Xbox versions of the shark cards. But then again, I'm not in the US, so I don't know anything than the most popular ones. :p

Tried Amazon, got this message -

Online Game Codes are only available to US customers

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Please continue shopping on the Amazon.com home page.

God damn it. Why is everything so complicated?-_-

Thank you for all of your help (:

WAIT I CHANGED THE BILLING AND IT WORKED

OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW

Would you like me to buy you a Shark Card for all of your help? I'm soooooooo grateful right now !!

• Franceska likes this

Franceska
  • Franceska

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:30 PM Edited by Franceska, 21 August 2014 - 07:31 PM.

Ugghhh.  I feel your pain. 

Can't you like send him the link and give him $20 or something?  I'm running out of options here. D: 

And nah, keep your money! I would feel guilty for accepting this as I'm helping you because I wanted to.

melandthea
  • melandthea

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

Ugghhh.  I feel your pain. 

Can't you like send him the link and give him $20 or something?  I'm running out of options here. D: 

And nah, keep your money! I would feel guilty for accepting this as I'm helping you because I wanted to.

I insist!!!

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:43 AM

I hope you or him are just on a trip cause damn a relationship that far away could never work for long.

Either that or that niggas dick game is over 9000.

Franceska
  • Franceska

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:54 AM Edited by Franceska, 22 August 2014 - 09:55 AM.

I hope you or him are just on a trip cause damn a relationship that far away could never work for long.

Either that or that niggas dick game is over 9000.

I've been together for quite the time with my boyfriend and he's in Puerto Rico. So yes, it does work long.

I insist!!!

Don't forget to mark this thread as solved, dear. Again, keep your money. Spend it on him, buy something nice for yourself, I help people because I want to. I don't need any rewards or money or shark cards or whatever. :)

mckane02
  • mckane02

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:22 AM

I'd like to do the same but can't see exactly what was done to achieve it. Change the billing?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users