Tommy Vercetti's discussion

16 replies to this topic
Young Martini
  • Young Martini

The New Guy in Town

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

In my opinion he's a cool dude. He's physically strong, sometimes badass, even that gets betrayed still stays up on his feet f*cking all the traitors up, even if he has to do it himself. What you think guys?

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Grove4Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

I think he was copy/paste Tony Montana. No offence.
  • Young Martini likes this

Young Martini
  • Young Martini

The New Guy in Town

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:44 PM

In some ways maybe, but not on everything. Maybe it's just based on him, nothing more! What you think about the way he acts?

TheFunkyBunch
  • TheFunkyBunch

5 Ft 8 Of Pure Sexiness

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

im not even a fan Of Tommy but to say his a copy/paste Of tony Montana is bullsh*t IMO they both have a temper though toni is imo Lot More of a hothead Tommy is quite a Chilled out guy Most of the time and their   Both  drug barons in 1980s Miami That's  pretty much it.

• sqre likes this

Black-bahian
  • Black-bahian

Player Hater

• New Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:53 AM Edited by Black-bahian, 21 August 2014 - 12:56 AM.

Best character ever

• sqre likes this

android
  • android

Something witty, something sh*tty

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Mobile OS

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

He's my Italian brother from another mother! Incredible character, so many memories tied to him.

• sqre likes this

AlexanderS4
  • AlexanderS4

What I'm saying is... I'm hungry!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

He's awesome.
I don't care if he is entirely based on Toni Montana, he is Tommy Vercceti. Tommy has, IMO his own personality.
Even if it is based on other chatacters, he's unique.

Im2akillerfish
  • Im2akillerfish

Mostly Harmless

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:17 AM

Here is a Tommy Vercetti/Tony Montana difference list. Their only similarities are short temper, similar mansion and similar shirts.

http://gtaforums.com...f-tony-montana/

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:43 AM

wtf3.gif

• universetwisters and Left4TheUndead like this

The Harwood Bitcher
  • The Harwood Bitcher

f*ck YOU

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

He is my favorite gta character (shocking ,hu?)
He is intimidating,does all by himself,a boss mindset, a little bit of a psycho but without being a jerk, loyal to his associates and i can assume he is a ladies man
I dont think he is a copypaste of tony montana as he is not so full of himself,not a cocaine adicct, not so reckless and finally tommy survived the assault to his house while tony sadly didn't do it

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

If you think he is a copy/paste of Tony Montana, you clearly haven't watched the movie.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Definitely a bad ass, dude has plenty of amazing quotes in the game most of which make you remember not to mess with him at all.

• Young Martini likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

Tommy is obviously an great character, he was the first character to be very realistic and movie like in the GTA franchise, he was an amazing antihero and badass. Greatest GTA protagonist in my opinion behind Niko at the time. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

He was pretty cool. I especially liked his shirt and imagining he was your stereotypical Hawaiian-shirted tourist from Wyoming
  • Mr_Leone and Phoenix_Poop like this

pajkosinjo
  • pajkosinjo

Get Down Saturday Night

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

My favorite character definitely. And he is no copy of Tony Montana. The only thing similar to Tony is the Vercetti Estate.

TheUnholy
  • TheUnholy

Brain Stew

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Vice City has some inspirations based on Scarface (such as the bloody apartment flat with a chainsaw inside its bathroom), but Tommy and Tony does not share too much features in common. Both of them are hot-tempered, but Tommy manages to cool himself down, which makes his anger more controllable. On the other hand, Tony is like a house on fire, he is always angry and never puts his short-temper down even he is doing business. Tony can't put his above a pile of dust cocaine, but as far as we know, Tommy doesn't use drugs at all. Actually Tommy and Tony have lots of distinctive features that put the other two up different sides.Actually the GTA charater who is most close to Tony Montana is Mikhail Faustin. Both do coke, both never leave their short temper when doing business, both are abusive to their wives... Jesus, I can't understand why people are so insistent on Tommy being a total rip-off of Tony Montana.

• Phoenix_Poop likes this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

Vice City has some inspirations based on Scarface (such as the bloody apartment flat with a chainsaw inside its bathroom), but Tommy and Tony does not share too much features in common. Both of them are hot-tempered, but Tommy manages to cool himself down, which makes his anger more controllable. On the other hand, Tony is like a house on fire, he is always angry and never puts his short-temper down even he is doing business. Tony can't put his above a pile of dust cocaine, but as far as we know, Tommy doesn't use drugs at all. Actually Tommy and Tony have lots of distinctive features that put the other two up different sides.Actually the GTA charater who is most close to Tony Montana is Mikhail Faustin. Both do coke, both never leave their short temper when doing business, both are abusive to their wives... Jesus, I can't understand why people are so insistent on Tommy being a total rip-off of Tony Montana.

Trust me, it's a bunch of no knowledge dumbasses who knows sh*t about VC and Scarface.... I think it's mostly beause Scarface is a popular movie, noobs go around taking it as an excuse to hate Tommy. I just ignore them, because they are stupid. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users