Photo

Killer or retaliator?

66 replies to this topic
Kittybeth
  • Kittybeth

Essentially Confused

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:37 AM Edited by Kittybeth, 20 August 2014 - 11:42 AM.

NB: Pretty sure 'retaliator' isn't a word. -_-

EDIT: AVENGER. Avenger is what I meant. Thanks, DJ_DC99, for not making me feel like a dick about it. :p

Just interested, really: do you tend to kill other players on sight? Do you perhaps give them a chance first, see if they aim a weapon at you? Maybe it's a case of only attacking when you've been attacked? Or d'you just go around all-singing, all-dancing, not giving a damn? Genuinely just wondering how others play in-game and the reasons behind the way that they approach other players. No judgement, just interest.

I tend to only attack when attacked. It doesn't hurt my pride to be killed, and as far as I'm concerned once they've killed me I have to even it out. Sometimes I get picked up by other players who then end up attempting to take me with them on a killing-spree of other players - I tend to leave their company if that starts happening.

Totally sounds like I'm a pussy, but killing other players for no reason just doesn't do it for me. Course, if we agree beforehand that we're going to target each other or they kill me, I kill them and then BAM, we're chasing each other over the city that's totally fine with me!

Obviously for some people the whole point of them going online is to kill other players. Whatever floats your boat.

• Kazic likes this

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

Avenger
  • Zombich_ likes this

Kittybeth
  • Kittybeth

Essentially Confused

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

Avenger

Oh crap. How did that not enter my head?!

Thanking you kindly!

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

Last: LSPD tint on the Sawed Off Shotgun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:47 AM Edited by Red Lynx 23, 20 August 2014 - 11:51 AM.

Both. I'll kill players who think my character HAS to get in their car with them, if I'm approached by players I don't know..given how often random players just want to kill you. I'll also be looking to get even with someone who goes out of their way to kill my character, or especially even tries to kill one of my friends or crew members. I'll jump in too.

KAWASAKI KX25OF
  • KAWASAKI KX25OF

Valhallas fallen mc president

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

i rarely start figths with other players, but when someone attacks me first i will figth back

Kittybeth
  • Kittybeth

Essentially Confused

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Both. I'll kill players who think my character HAS to get in their car with them, if I'm approached by players I don't know..given how often random players just want to kill you, and of course if I'm hiding in a Posonby's after I got a bounty on purpose and chased the saleswoman out. Anyone who approaches is there for one reason and one reason only. 

Yeah, I can understand that, especially the former. It pisses me off when someone's honking their horn at me and I'm clearly not interested, so they mow me down/kill me/blow up my motorbike: so sorry to have hurt your feelings by not wanting to be driven all around the city with no purpose whatsoever. I'll stick to my Akuma and running away from dicks like you. >_>

(Not you, obviously. :p)

I find it's 50/50 when players approach me. I don't get a gun out when approached by them - I know, idiotic, but that's me - and sometimes that means they put their guns away and wave and other times it just makes them seem to take even more pleasure out of gunning me down. If I ever cared enough to check out my K/D ratio I'm pretty damned sure it'd be a sad viewing...

Naturally if you have a bounty you'll want to kill anyone who goes anywhere near you. I also like using Ponsonby's as a hideout, or Bob Mulet.

i rarely start figths with other players, but when someone attacks me first i will figth back

Of course! To be honest, I've been rethinking the whole 'let them kill me once and then even it out' thing. Should really start defending myself as soon as I get attacked. -_-

BigStu4q
  • BigStu4q

Ride or Die

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

Generally I'll only retaliate if attacked first. Sometime though, if i see a player bombing towards me/chasing me, i'll assume they mean me harm and set a trap

• 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

HipHopMagician
  • HipHopMagician

Some guy on Earth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

I don't kill people. I just drive around and when people start shooting at me, I drive away. Unless they're really persistent to kill me, then I shoot them out of their car. 

Kittybeth
  • Kittybeth

Essentially Confused

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Generally I'll only retaliate if attacked first. Sometime though, if i see a player bombing towards me/chasing me, i'll assume they mean me harm and set a trap

When I've been pushed to the end of my tether by constantly getting killed I have been known to sometimes sticky-bomb the area around me when I see players moving towards me on the map, just in case. I don't mind paying out the charges for destroying a PV if it's necessary.

• BigStu4q likes this

YirbyBond00Y
  • YirbyBond00Y

James Bond + Kirby Fan

• Members
  • Canada

I'm a coward....I really like hiding in the subway tunnels as of late to get my bounty money. To see those bastards in their super cars simply zoom over me hoping for a quick and easy bounty, they are sorely mistaken...;)

• lihety and Kittybeth like this

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

I sometimes roleplay as a crazed city sniper and shoot anyone who passes. It's nothing personal.

When on the ground I let my instincts take over. You can usually tell when someone's coming to try to kill you. In fact, that's most of the time! Occasionally I'll sense that they're not out to attack, so I won't either.

• 2Chains4Bracelets, YirbyBond00Y and Kittybeth like this

Kittybeth
  • Kittybeth

Essentially Confused

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

I don't kill people. I just drive around and when people start shooting at me, I drive away. Unless they're really persistent to kill me, then I shoot them out of their car. 

If a player kills me once and then disappears I can let it go - like you, though, if they're persistent I'll do something about it.

I'm a coward....I really like hiding in the subway tunnels as of late to get my bounty money. To see those bastards in their super cars simply zoom over me hoping for a quick and easy bounty, they are sorely mistaken... ;)

Nah, that's not being a coward, just sneaky. :p

YirbyBond00Y
  • YirbyBond00Y

James Bond + Kirby Fan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:13 PM Edited by YirbyBond00Y, 20 August 2014 - 12:16 PM.

I sometimes roleplay as a crazed city sniper and shoot anyone who passes. It's nothing personal.

When on the ground I let my instincts take over. You can usually tell when someone's coming to try to kill you. In fact, that's most of the time! Occasionally I'll sense that they're not out to attack, so I won't either.

Rooftop sniping is the best feeling in the world, especially on the Eclipse Towers where there is a parachute handy for a quick escape from jets...otherwise, there are plenty of walls there to take cover on which is what I like to toy around with tank users.

Edit: However, when a similar foe decides to employ the same tactic, it's really exhilarating because both of you have taken a long time to get to where you're at, so either you or your enemy can reign as Rooftop King... 

• Kittybeth likes this

MuhNamesTyler
  • MuhNamesTyler

Random dude #42599

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

I rarely shoot first but if I even think they are gonna shoot or run me over I go ahead with the kill. I've had some pretty fun times with randoms in free roam so I try to give people the benefit of the doubt

Android76
  • Android76

Shoot First

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

Initially I would wait to see what the other person did and either defend myself, or go seeking revenge if I was killed.

Now I shoot first.

RajunKjun
  • RajunKjun

Southwest Louisiana

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

Last night driving through downtown, my car was being plunked with sniper fire. Located the sniper atop a building and noticed as I drove around the block his directional arrow on the mini map was tracking me. Obviously he could see me. So that intent to kill inspired me to oblige his death wish. Drove under an overpass nearby and got the angle on him and waited for his directional arrow to change. Took aim and as soon as his head popped out...tango down. Does that make me a killer, retaliator, avenger, or terminator?
  • Kittybeth likes this

YirbyBond00Y
  • YirbyBond00Y

James Bond + Kirby Fan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:58 PM Edited by YirbyBond00Y, 20 August 2014 - 12:58 PM.

Last night driving through downtown, my car was being plunked with sniper fire. Located the sniper atop a building and noticed as I drove around the block his directional arrow on the mini map was tracking me. Obviously he could see me. So that intent to kill inspired me to oblige his death wish. Drove under an overpass nearby and got the angle on him and waited for his directional arrow to change. Took aim and as soon as his head popped out...tango down. Does that make me a killer, retaliator, avenger, or terminator?

Well, it is a one time incidence, but if the guy trying to snipe you from the same building over and over again, you would be called a camper rooter. :p

Jehannum
  • Jehannum

High in the sky

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

Rooftop sniping is the best feeling in the world, especially on the Eclipse Towers where there is a parachute handy for a quick escape from jets...otherwise, there are plenty of walls there to take cover on which is what I like to toy around with tank users.

Edit: However, when a similar foe decides to employ the same tactic, it's really exhilarating because both of you have taken a long time to get to where you're at, so either you or your enemy can reign as Rooftop King... 

Try sniping the jets rather than immediately jumping down. To me, seeing that black smoke pouring out the engines is the best sniping experience.

And I always try to snipe any Lazers I see. You have to do it before they realise where you are. So in those cases, "killer" definitely.

ArcangeI
  • ArcangeI

α я c

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

The blips usually help me for the most part in dividing those who shoot everything that moves and those who're laid-back. if a red blip is following me I'd just go off into the corner & wait to see their intentions. Other then that,I don't shoot on sight for the most part. Personally it's always cool to mess around with random players instead of being aggressive  :lol:

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

-Someone in a Lazer kills you.

-You force the player to eject due to Heavy Sniper damage.

-Shoot them out of the sky as they're parachuting down.

Feels good. :cool:

• luisniko and BaRe 2G like this

bkldestroya666
  • bkldestroya666

Tha Killa Bees Crew OG

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:12 PM

my style goes sumn like this.
-walk around trying to do random shet with friends
-wild player appears
-kills me for no reason
-calls me a beotch over the mic
-proceeds to get spawnkilled by me until rage quitting

BaRe 2G
  • BaRe 2G

SS13 Capo

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:06 PM

Depends how I feel like playing at that time. Sometimes I kill people on sight, sometimes I try to be peaceful but I always have to go after someone if they kill me though. Occasionally when I'm bored I'll kill people one by one until someone decides to get revenge cuz a high speed chase is always fun.

MadeBrazen
  • MadeBrazen

Brass

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Avenger

Thanking you kindly!

How does it feel DJ? being thanked for once? I bet you feel weird. And no, its not knicker time for you matey. 

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

Avenger

Thanking you kindly!

How does it feel DJ? being thanked for once? I bet you feel weird. And no, its not knicker time for you matey. 
For once? Your mom thanks me everynight.

MadeBrazen
  • MadeBrazen

Brass

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

Avenger

Thanking you kindly!

Impossible for two reasons

1) she doesn't speak stoopid

2) I though we already established you are as virile as a piece of spaghetti

Chumpkins
  • Chumpkins

Microsoft is love, Microsoft is life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

i think we can all agree that players in tanks are overkill and ridiculous 

SMFtwstdHICK
  • SMFtwstdHICK

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

White dot approaches me. I try to kill white dot.

kw.awsome
  • kw.awsome

Queen is love Queen is life

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

If I think someone is following me I usually hop of my bati and shoot the incoming player and then I leave the area and continue on, doing whatever I was doing earlier , I don't wait to be ramed off my vehicle or shot at .

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

I try too sing love songs with everybody.

DJ_DC99
  • DJ_DC99

Local Troll

• BUSTED!
  • Portugal

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:00 PM Edited by DJ_DC99, 20 August 2014 - 07:31 PM.

Avenger

Thanking you kindly!

Impossible for two reasons

1) she doesn't speak stoopid
2) I though we already established you are as virile as a piece of spaghetti
Yeah, nobody speaks "stoopid" either.
And you are as virile as a single hair.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users