Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

geuss it's good that the simeon/gerald missions aren't completely useless now
but it still seems like an awefull lot of grinding to buy anything substantial
at 100K an hour it would take roughly 50 hours to get enough money to buy everything in this DLC, seems a bit much (especially since there's not even close to 50 hours of new content I haven't played)

You dony have to buy everything, and 50 hours is not too bad in my opinion. Why does everyone still think that your supposed to have it all right away. This game is supposed to last a long time why not have something that takes time to get.

yeah you're right 15 hours for single unlock is good game design XD
/SARCASM

50 hours for 4 unlocks is f*cking ridiculous!
they don't care about longevity, they're only doing it to push cash cards
and that's dedicated money making, no messing around in free mode or losing races or anything, 50 hours of BORING mission grinding
Missions I have, by now, played 10 times allready

it wouldn't be half as bad if there was new content to unlock the new stuff but there isn't (well 10 solo missions you could do 500 times XD)

I guess it is a preference thing. I was still playing gta4 up until 5 came out and it gave me nothing new in tbe last couple years. I have more money than i need in this game (i play way too much) but i still ha e fun with the 3-5 friends i have that also play regularly. Cash cards are for instant gratification, if you dont have or dont want to invest the time to get the expensive stuff maybe you should play something else. I know some people will argue anything but if a game is supposed to have a shelf life of multiple years than taking a few weeks to earn an expensive item is not that much.

Online is a new/different game than what you are used to from gta.

so you honestly think having to play for a few weeks to recieve acces some silly chopper or jet that doesn't bring ANYTHING new to the table at all is a good reward system

geuss you don't play a whole lot of online games

seriously how can you people not see that the ONLY reason that the payouts are so sh*t and the prices so high online (you pay f*cking 1000's of dollars for a Tshirt) is so R* can sell more cashcards.

seriously you're one naive bunch of fanboys if I ever saw one

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Former Champ

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

I made a ton of money too, more than I've ever made in a night. The reason is that the varied missions kept me going and that I had a crew of four to six to roll with and keep things entertaining. I realized that I usually burn out on grinding RR quick and then spend a ton of time crapping about in free roam instead. I went from 90k to 315k in about three hours doing missions with buds, mixing in DMs and Races. Also, the fact that you get payed a bit even when failing helped a lot to keep me going. Oh yeah, also had about six payouts of over 20k, that helped too. I'm glad I'm having fun again doing all sorts of missions instead of only racing and wasting time and ammo in stupid, random,  free-roam firefights.

Anyway, payouts overall have increased, with many missions paying out over 20k if you have people for the bonus. Good change by Rockstar if you ask me.

• dairyworker likes this

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

at 100K an hour it would take roughly 50 hours to get enough money to buy everything in this DLC, seems a bit much (especially since there's not even close to 50 hours of new content I haven't played)

You dony have to buy everything, and 50 hours is not too bad in my opinion. Why does everyone still think that your supposed to have it all right away. This game is supposed to last a long time why not have something that takes time to get.

/SARCASM

and that's dedicated money making, no messing around in free mode or losing races or anything, 50 hours of BORING mission grinding

it wouldn't be half as bad if there was new content to unlock the new stuff but there isn't (well 10 solo missions you could do 500 times XD)

I guess it is a preference thing. I was still playing gta4 up until 5 came out and it gave me nothing new in tbe last couple years. I have more money than i need in this game (i play way too much) but i still ha e fun with the 3-5 friends i have that also play regularly. Cash cards are for instant gratification, if you dont have or dont want to invest the time to get the expensive stuff maybe you should play something else. I know some people will argue anything but if a game is supposed to have a shelf life of multiple years than taking a few weeks to earn an expensive item is not that much.

so you honestly think having to play for a few weeks to recieve acces some silly chopper or jet that doesn't bring ANYTHING new to the table at all is a good reward system

seriously how can you people not see that the ONLY reason that the payouts are so sh*t and the prices so high online (you pay f*cking 1000's of dollars for a Tshirt) is so R* can sell more cashcards.

Why do you care so much about receiving access to a few totally average vehicles that you'll probably never use once you've bought them and played with them for 10 minutes?  The "cash card scheme" only works on people who have to own everything immediately just cuz it's in the game, not cuz they think they'll ever actually use it for anything.

• dairyworker likes this

Kahkenbols
  • Kahkenbols

Former Champ

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:25 PM

/SARCASM

Why do you care so much about receiving access to a few totally average vehicles that you'll probably never use once you've bought them and played with them for 10 minutes?  The "cash card scheme" only works on people who have to own everything immediately just cuz it's in the game, not cuz they think they'll ever actually use it for anything.

I say good for Rockstar if they can get people to buy cash cards for instant gratification. Good for them, and good for the people who really need all the new stuff. The rest of us can take our time and build up accounts by playing missions with the new system, and have fun playing. After one night I almost have enough to get the new Coquette. Good enough for me.

• dairyworker likes this

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

/SARCASM

You are correct in that i dony play many online games in fact i only play a few select games period. I am not a fanboy, i do recognize that this game has issues and i acknowledge them, but i dony feel that this is one of them. Too many people think they need to play every game out there and finnish them asap. Maybe it is age or something, i don't know. Also way to make your argument, by starting to call people names because tbey disagree with your point of view

Sorry for the quote train. On mobile.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users