I made more money After 1.16

34 replies to this topic
Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Yesterday evening (8-19-14) I made more money than i normally do just playing the game

I played for 3 hours doing missions about 20% of this time was with 1 friend, another 20% of the time was with 2 friends, the remaining 60% was with 4 freinds

I started the playing by selecting Titan of a job, after that we selected missions and races from the voting screen, we took a couple of breaks and went back to free mode for a few minutes ...........it was a night of gaming the way we normally play

I played from 8pm to 11:15 pm (which is normal for me)

during that time I earned a total of just over 328k   which is about 75k higher than before for the same amount of time(the best i can remember making was 250k but normally was around 190k to 210k)

we only played Contract Missions and did races...........we did not do captures Dms or any VS missions, just the 2 types i listed

some missions paid out less like Roof top and Coveted, but more paid out a lot better than before some of the Simeon and Gerald missions made me say wow when i saw the payouts

• Zito, Luk38644, ten-a-penny and 4 others like this

Chuck Finley
  • Chuck Finley

E34 FANATIC!

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:04 AM Edited by Chuck Finley, 20 August 2014 - 01:21 PM.

most of the time i get connection issues while tryna join a mission n wen i finally get to the mission screen i get f*cking RR. I'LL stick to freeroam now.

• Senor_taco28 and Fearx-- like this

Relative007
  • Relative007

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

Hence R* making the (for a change) factual statement that overall payouts have been significantly increased. 

• Fearx-- likes this

Biker_J
  • Biker_J

Evil Biker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

I'm just glad I don't have to play the same mission over and over again to make me money

• Breaking Bad likes this

moostered
  • moostered

Racer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

I've just done drydocking,stocks and scares and a simeon mission with one friend for a total of 35k.Not bad
  • Breaking Bad likes this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

But it's ruining people's 5 minute RR strategies...boo-hoo :D

I love the new payment system.

• Luk38644, ten-a-penny, PoeticWhisper and 4 others like this

Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

most of the time i get connection issues while tryna join a mission n wen i finally get to the mission screen i get f*cking RR. I stick to freeroam now.

we sometimes have connection issues, we now decide before hand if people get dropped who will become the host and send the invites, if it keeps happening we will switch who is hosting  and the problem normally goes away

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

It's just amazing. I've already made over 100k today. RR was in essence probably faster, but it feels so much faster when you're actually enjoying the missions you're doing, and getting a good payout at the end of it.

I can't even take the piss out of Simeon and Gerald anymore, because some of their missions pay pretty well now. GTA Today pays a lot better than before, think I got 14k+ and No Hay Bronca paid like 16k solo, I was just amazed. 

They better never revert this change, it's made such a difference. I've been able to get into Pickup Sticks, Crime Scenester and all sorts just by matchmaking contact missions today. 

• robban likes this

Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

I'm just glad I don't have to play the same mission over and over again to make me money

I agree, i tried farming early on but that ruined the game for me, and it got old when playing solo and selecting random mission to land in a RR 90% of the time

I never saw it done in 5 minutes back to back, more like 7 or 8 counting load screens ect......now they have more missions to build strategies on LOL

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:38 AM

geuss it's good that the simeon/gerald missions aren't completely useless now

but it still seems like an awefull lot of grinding to buy anything substantial

at 100K an hour it would take roughly 50 hours to get enough money to buy everything in this DLC, seems a bit much (especially since there's not even close to 50 hours of new content I haven't played)

Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:48 AM

at 100K an hour it would take roughly 50 hours to get enough money to buy everything in this DLC, seems a bit much (especially since there's not even close to 50 hours of new content I haven't played)

I agree with ya on the simeon and gerald missions,

as far as buying everything in the DLC most of it i could care less about, i have a little over 9mil so i could buy it all......but after i worked my ass of to buy the Vestra a few month ago, i now look at the stuff we can buy and ask myself, do i want it, will i use it enough to make it worth the purchase, and will/can it be used in missions or other to make money, if i say no to 2 or more of these questions i dont buy them

• Nitty Don, LuapYllier and dairyworker like this

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

I made around 35k in about 45 minutes which I then blew on modifying a car so good on rockstar to finally increase our cash. Let's hope when they finally introduce the heists I can buy a jet.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

as far as buying everything in the DLC most of it i could care less about, i have a little over 9mil so i could buy it all......but after i worked my ass of to buy the Vestra a few month ago, i now look at the stuff we can buy and ask myself, do i want it, will i use it enough to make it worth the purchase, and will/can it be used in missions or other to make money, if i say no to 2 or more of these questions i dont buy them

good point, especially with this latest update there isn't really anything I need to have.

but still if you wanted just the chopper or something at 1.5 million that would still take you 15 hours of dedicated money making

something I can't really see myself doing when the game (and the content in it) is getting kind of old after playing it so much

ice_phoenix_66
  • ice_phoenix_66

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

It was so liberating to finally get proper payouts for Gerald and Simeon missions especially. I've now made a promise to myself to never play RR again. Never again :sui:

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:37 PM Edited by Daniel_B, 20 August 2014 - 12:40 PM.

good point, especially with this latest update there isn't really anything I need to have.

but still if you wanted just the chopper or something at 1.5 million that would still take you 15 hours of dedicated money making

something I can't really see myself doing when the game (and the content in it) is getting kind of old after playing it so much

You're right, but just like with masks and horns shouldn't you get to a point where you just ask yourself "Is this really worth the time and effort I have to put in to buy it?"  In most cases I think the answer is no.  I look at that stuff as just really stupid luxuries that you buy when you've already got everything else you need/want, and you're just sitting on a few mil with nothing else to spend it on.  At that point 30k for a mask or 50k for a flight suit is nothing, and 1.5mil for a vehicle isn't even a huge deal.

The new chopper is a total luxury.  No weapons, so it doesn't help on missions (unlike the buzzard, which is the most useful Pegasus vehicle there is), and it's not even super fast or maneuverable.  Nobody who buys one of these is going to be using it a month from now, so to me it's the kind of thing you should just save your money and avoid.  If you really wanna try it out, borrow a friend's.  Or try it in SP.  And I think that applies to most of the DLCs: there's been a few expensive vehicles that are cool, and that you'd definitely want to think hard about buying.  But the rest of it is just worthless crap...

• LuapYllier, A Maned Wolf and Rob_10321 like this

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

You dony have to buy everything, and 50 hours is not too bad in my opinion. Why does everyone still think that your supposed to have it all right away. This game is supposed to last a long time why not have something that takes time to get.
  • Daniel_B, QuietJosh and LuapYllier like this

Aby
  • Aby

"Gotta get a grip!"

• The Connection
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

Being a money-glitcher, never cared about the payout system.  I'm glad this new system is putting me into less dumbass Rooftop Rumble lobbies.

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Yesterday evening (8-19-14) I made more money than i normally do just playing the game

I played for 3 hours doing missions about 20% of this time was with 1 friend, another 20% of the time was with 2 friends, the remaining 60% was with 4 freinds

I started the playing by selecting Titan of a job, after that we selected missions and races from the voting screen, we took a couple of breaks and went back to free mode for a few minutes ...........it was a night of gaming the way we normally play

I played from 8pm to 11:15 pm (which is normal for me)

during that time I earned a total of just over 328k   which is about 75k higher than before for the same amount of time(the best i can remember making was 250k but normally was around 190k to 210k)

we only played Contract Missions and did races...........we did not do captures Dms or any VS missions, just the 2 types i listed

some missions paid out less like Roof top and Coveted, but more paid out a lot better than before some of the Simeon and Gerald missions made me say wow when i saw the payouts

I've been saying this! if you create your own capture mission you can make over 24k-38k on 2player2teams or higher our own mission

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:30 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 20 August 2014 - 01:35 PM.

You dony have to buy everything, and 50 hours is not too bad in my opinion. Why does everyone still think that your supposed to have it all right away. This game is supposed to last a long time why not have something that takes time to get.

yeah you're right 15 hours for single unlock is good game design XD

/SARCASM

50 hours for 4 unlocks is f*cking ridiculous!

they don't care about longevity, they're only doing it to push cash cards

and that's dedicated money making, no messing around in free mode or losing races or anything, 50 hours of BORING mission grinding

Missions I have, by now, played 10 times allready

it wouldn't be half as bad if there was new content to unlock the new stuff but there isn't (well 10 solo missions you could do 500 times XD)

• Filip454 likes this

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

Notified

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

/SARCASM

they're only doing it to push cash cards

This describes most things in GTAO. Take note, people.

• Filip454 likes this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

BF Surfers XBOX ONE/360

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:43 PM

Good luck with that communistic approach. I will glitch after that for sure. 

Before update I did Trash Talk, Chopper Tail, Defender and Mixed up with Coke.

It was 15,000+17,500+17,500+13,500-800(Pegasus)=$62,800

It's impossible now to gain same amount of money in same time. 

If I do mission too fast then I'm getting less money. But friends are adding up to 30%. But friends = less time. 

Everything is different. Everything is the same. 

Infinite enemy spawn at some missions still not fixed. Ex: Docks to stock, Satellite communications. 

Basically entire new system are punishing skill and weapons. Be a peasant, take your time. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

/SARCASM

and that's dedicated money making, no messing around in free mode or losing races or anything, 50 hours of BORING mission grinding

it wouldn't be half as bad if there was new content to unlock the new stuff but there isn't (well 10 solo missions you could do 500 times XD)
They added 32 new jobs. Not one single thing added to purchase is an essential item. They are all luxury items that you have the OPTION to purchase if you can afford it.
  • Daniel_B and Kahkenbols like this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

The Big Puffa

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

Yeah, I've noticed the Gerald missions are a lot tastier in terms of RP/$$$..

Used to joke that it was pathetic the amount he paid and he deserved a sticky bomb attached to the package the next time it was delivered...

Daniel_B
  • Daniel_B

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

/SARCASM

They added 32 new jobs. Not one single thing added to purchase is an essential item. They are all luxury items that you have the OPTION to purchase if you can afford it.

But don't you realize that if people can't (immediately!!) buy that totally average new chopper, or the airliner that they can carry the entire session around in that their GTAO experience is ruined?

dairyworker
  • dairyworker

I am the milk man

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:59 PM

/SARCASM

I guess it is a preference thing. I was still playing gta4 up until 5 came out and it gave me nothing new in tbe last couple years. I have more money than i need in this game (i play way too much) but i still ha e fun with the 3-5 friends i have that also play regularly. Cash cards are for instant gratification, if you dont have or dont want to invest the time to get the expensive stuff maybe you should play something else. I know some people will argue anything but if a game is supposed to have a shelf life of multiple years than taking a few weeks to earn an expensive item is not that much.

Online is a new/different game than what you are used to from gta.
  • Daniel_B likes this

luisniko
  • luisniko

Soft Cabbage

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

The struggle of defending Cash Card scheme is real.

On the other hand, the new payout system is both good, but not good enough as there's a hole to be abused negatively.

Breaking Bad
  • Breaking Bad

I am the one who knocks.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

/SARCASM

I guess it is a preference thing. I was still playing gta4 up until 5 came out and it gave me nothing new in tbe last couple years. I have more money than i need in this game (i play way too much) but i still ha e fun with the 3-5 friends i have that also play regularly. Cash cards are for instant gratification, if you dont have or dont want to invest the time to get the expensive stuff maybe you should play something else. I know some people will argue anything but if a game is supposed to have a shelf life of multiple years than taking a few weeks to earn an expensive item is not that much.

Online is a new/different game than what you are used to from gta.

I was still playing GTA IV until GTA V was released too, but that was always on the Gamemodes they took out. For example, I was constantly on Cops and Crooks, they really need to bring that back ASAP. Really was a breath of fresh air to be able to play a different role, rather than just being on the criminal side of things all the time.

• MrBusket likes this

2+2=5
  • 2+2=5

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

They really fixed it. It's fun joining random contact missions now. Quarry paid 3 players over 20k, like it should. Good fun again...

• Kahkenbols likes this

Mishimotsu
  • Mishimotsu

I am the Walrus!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

I saw a lot more varied missions last night alone… and people weren't just quitting to free mode after completing a mission, we would then look for another mission - and this was mostly with strangers, or crew mates and strangers… it was after a while I had to leave the group because I wanted to get a secondary parachute / sell a car etc.

• Kahkenbols likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users