Quantcast

» «
Photo

People complaining about nerfing payouts?

20 replies to this topic
gravis
  • gravis

Crackhead

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

What are you thinking? I mean Rockstar is still a company which needs profit in order to make new stuff. Their main (only) source of profit from people who have the game are shark cards. They will obviously try and make it harder to make a million in a weekend. You can still play missions over and over again, but still a shark card is an easier and quicker method of getting money in game. Just look at every other game, you can earn certain things if you do boring stuff over and over again, for a long time (not 2 days), or you can pay for it and get it instantly. I don't get why some people feel that Rockstar is a charity, who will give them everything for free. And if we get the heists in a form of a free DLC I don't want to see anybody complaining about how hard it is to make money in the game. 

EKGene
  • EKGene

Invite Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

Most people are averse to change and want things on their own terms.

Also, related to the former, people get used to only doing things one way (i.e., grinding RR for cash).

oleg_aka_djmeg
  • oleg_aka_djmeg

Congratulations! You're Vinewood's biggest star!

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

people are complaining about nerfing the rooftop rumble, because in their minds there is no other missions. they don't realize that other missions pay a LOT more now.

• HexagoN and ten-a-penny like this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:17 AM

things R* done very wrong is (I am not trolling)

1. they have made mission like RR, something too damn short

2. mission payout at 1.00 is too damn high

3. they nerf the payout, VERY bad move

what I mean is, if we are playing a game, which the easiest mission is something like dry docking we have now, which is something we cannot solo at all, at the very begining, and they had a better "pricing" for the mission, people will not complain at all,

people complain because they NERF-ED it, if RR pays 5000 at the begining, and "balancing" means rising payout for other mission, no one will even cry.

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:29 AM

What are you thinking? I mean Rockstar is still a company which needs profit in order to make new stuff. Their main (only) source of profit from people who have the game are shark cards.

Their (Take-Two Interactive) main income comes from game sales.

http://www.gamesindu...-record-USD361m

http://www.nasdaq.co...ncome-statement

Juicyfer
  • Juicyfer

To be or not to be

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

For the first time for me in GTA Online, I can play Gerald's missions without getting screwed by the pay. I can play diverse missions without being worried for the money/time ratio. I can play 6 fun missions a day and still earn more than 110k.

Just a couple of hours ago I played Judging the Jury twice with a bunch of friends and I got more than 50k. That's over 25k per mission.

For once, R* is taking a step in the right direction. Sure, we lost the grind mission, but now we have better, bigger payouts that resemble 1.00.

Oh, and did I mention that now you can repeat missions and still get the same payout? That means you won't get 50% of the payout ever again. Always full reward.

gravis
  • gravis

Crackhead

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

what I mean is, if we are playing a game, which the easiest mission is something like dry docking we have now, which is something we cannot solo at all, at the very begining, and they had a better "pricing" for the mission, people will not complain at all,

people complain because they NERF-ED it, if RR pays 5000 at the begining, and "balancing" means rising payout for other mission, no one will even cry.

Nerfing the payout is a move from the company "side" of Rockstar, they saw the trends, which were against their interests, therefore they changed it. Smart move if we look at them as a company, but very bad move from our side, that is true. 

What are you thinking? I mean Rockstar is still a company which needs profit in order to make new stuff. Their main (only) source of profit from people who have the game are shark cards.

My last words: "from people who have the game". So they already paid for the game, and with all the free dlcs and stuff, there is no more income from someone, who once paid for the game, and doesn't pay for anything else.

I will pwn you newbs
  • I will pwn you newbs

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:38 AM

Playing missions and other jobs for money is only boring if you're one of the aasholes still farming RR

BatFerYou
  • BatFerYou

Horrible Person

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

OP do sone research before you post a bunch of opinion-based, thoughts out of the ass, garbage, PLEASE.

Give us something to read which doesn't feel like the stream of consciousness thought flow of a drugged carrot.

gravis
  • gravis

Crackhead

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

OP do sone research before you post a bunch of opinion-based, thoughts out of the ass, garbage, PLEASE.

Give us something to read which doesn't feel like the stream of consciousness thought flow of a drugged carrot.

Could you please elaborate that? I mean I can't really do anything with it, what is you exact problem with it? 

If this is about the shark-card thingy, just think about it. You buy the game, you pay idk how much money for it. Then, if you are on PS3 you don't even have to pay to play online, you get free stuff every month, and with the pre-1.16 payout you could make a million in a few days by grinding missions. The other part, of looking at this whole concept from the viewpoint of a company is just plain logic again.

I cannot provide university research papers for you to read, and I won't use dodgy articles about "Heists DLC tomorrow confirmed" etc to support my argument, also with a quick search I didn't find any articles for you to read. 

If it was sarcasm, my bad.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Nerfing the payout is a move from the company "side" of Rockstar, they saw the trends, which were against their interests, therefore they changed it. Smart move if we look at them as a company, but very bad move from our side, that is true. 

that's what I am saying, the whole "pricing thing" (mission output and item cost) is f*cked up and makes the game life as short as they cannot accept. nerfing it is the only thing they can do, but still, very bad move as they piss of most players

golden rule is "you can only gives, but you can never takes"

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:13 AM Edited by Euphorica, 20 August 2014 - 10:17 AM.

My last words: "from people who have the game". So they already paid for the game, and with all the free dlcs and stuff, there is no more income from someone, who once paid for the game, and doesn't pay for anything else.

You do realize they sell other games, don't you?

Also, please don't be so quick to judge people or jump to conclusions. It's very easy I know. But it's also narrow-minded. There's more to it. People are not questioning the shark card's existence because they lack understanding about the fact that Rockstar needs to make money. We all want that because we want to keep playing the game and we want it to evolve and grow. No, micro-transactions get a lot of attention because the content so far, free or not, has been mainly cosmetic. We have lots of items and vehicles but some of the more specific and expensive items doesn't come with specific features or advantages to use in jobs or whatever else. They look great and we all want more cars and that kind of content but right now it's just another item to drive/fly around the map. Players want to engage and immerse themselves and feel like all their hard work pays off and that their skills and items comes to good use. The content doesn't fall short, it's the lack of use for it in GTA Online that falls short.

Well, that's how I understand it after doing some digging.

• Mottershead likes this

Doktor Gott
  • Doktor Gott

NOT a little passive-aggressive bitch

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

I'm kind of having the reverse experience given I'm using my lower ranked 2nd character.. the payouts for $$ and RP are most excellent for the lower level missions... even a flaming Gerald's missions actually pay properly now... Got about 2K RP and $12K cash for flood in the LS earlier.. >.<

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:18 AM

For the first time for me in GTA Online, I can play Gerald's missions without getting screwed by the pay. I can play diverse missions without being worried for the money/time ratio. I can play 6 fun missions a day and still earn more than 110k.

Just a couple of hours ago I played Judging the Jury twice with a bunch of friends and I got more than 50k. That's over 25k per mission.

For once, R* is taking a step in the right direction. Sure, we lost the grind mission, but now we have better, bigger payouts that resemble 1.00.

Oh, and did I mention that now you can repeat missions and still get the same payout? That means you won't get 50% of the payout ever again. Always full reward.

Agreed.

Last night a friend and I were doing some jobs off the vote screen (one of those new parachute jobs is awesome by the way) and we for the hell of it picked "Blow Up" a Simeon job that used to pay like $5...we went in, ran over to the lot, took a minute or so to park all the cars together, blew them up and then had a fun bit of a police chase for maybe 2 minutes before attempting to lose them. The result was that we actually had fun doing a mission that probably no one has bothered doing in months...and it paid over $10k and a couple thousand RP.

What they have done has opened up the entire library of missions to being useful again. 100% support the rebalancing.

• ten-a-penny, Rik96 and Euphorica like this

gravis
  • gravis

Crackhead

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

You do realize they sell other games, don't you?

Also, please don't be so quick to judge people or jump to conclusions. It's very easy I know. But it's also narrow-minded. There's more to it. People are not questioning the shark card's existence because they lack understanding about the fact that Rockstar needs to make money. We all want that because we want to keep playing the game and we want it to evolve and grow. No, micro-transactions get a lot of attention because the content so far, free or not, has been mainly cosmetic. We have lots of items and vehicles but some of the more specific and expensive items doesn't come with specific features or advantages to use in jobs or whatever else. They look great and we all want more cars and that kind of content but right now it's just another item to drive/fly around the map. Players want to engage and immerse themselves and feel like all their hard work pays off and that their skills and items comes to good use. The content doesn't fall short, it's the lack of use for it in GTA Online that falls short.

Well, that's how I understand it after doing some digging.

I say again, main profit from people who actually own the game. They have already paid for it, Rockstar obv wants to make more money out of it. 

About rewards, doing a harder mission, and having a proper payout as you have now isn't enough reward? Yes, Heists DLC is something we are waiting for, which could actually satisfy the majority of the gaming community, and this might be free, as it's something Rockstar failed to deliver on time. But after that, you will only get new cars/weapons for free, I think major DLCs will be something you have to pay for. You can't demand a more complex DLC for free. And about not being able to engage, I think it is one of the major faults of GTA games. It too repetitive, every other mission is: drive here, kill him, get this, take it here, passed. And heists in SP were a great new thing, which brought something else in this repetitiveness, after a while you will get bored of them in online too.

And with a car/plane what else can you do, than driving/flying around in the map, and racing occasionally? Also, adding new stuff that you can buy for your GTA Online money is still pushing you towards buying Shark Cards.. 

About judging people, all I could see last night were posts about how Rockstar nerfed RR payout, and how hard is it now to make money.

Ah, I have a lot more to say, but I have to go now. I'm happy that it turns out to be and intelligent discussion. 

Rik96
  • Rik96

Apex Stalker

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

Agreed.

Last night a friend and I were doing some jobs off the vote screen (one of those new parachute jobs is awesome by the way) and we for the hell of it picked "Blow Up" a Simeon job that used to pay like $5...we went in, ran over to the lot, took a minute or so to park all the cars together, blew them up and then had a fun bit of a police chase for maybe 2 minutes before attempting to lose them. The result was that we actually had fun doing a mission that probably no one has bothered doing in months...and it paid over $10k and a couple thousand RP.

What they have done has opened up the entire library of missions to being useful again. 100% support the rebalancing.

Chemical xtraction now pays 17.500$ + 2000 rp's if done with at least another 3 players

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:50 AM Edited by Euphorica, 20 August 2014 - 11:51 AM.

I say again, main profit from people who actually own the game. They have already paid for it, Rockstar obv wants to make more money out of it. 

About rewards, doing a harder mission, and having a proper payout as you have now isn't enough reward? Yes, Heists DLC is something we are waiting for, which could actually satisfy the majority of the gaming community, and this might be free, as it's something Rockstar failed to deliver on time. But after that, you will only get new cars/weapons for free, I think major DLCs will be something you have to pay for. You can't demand a more complex DLC for free. And about not being able to engage, I think it is one of the major faults of GTA games. It too repetitive, every other mission is: drive here, kill him, get this, take it here, passed. And heists in SP were a great new thing, which brought something else in this repetitiveness, after a while you will get bored of them in online too.

And with a car/plane what else can you do, than driving/flying around in the map, and racing occasionally? Also, adding new stuff that you can buy for your GTA Online money is still pushing you towards buying Shark Cards.. 

About judging people, all I could see last night were posts about how Rockstar nerfed RR payout, and how hard is it now to make money.

Ah, I have a lot more to say, but I have to go now. I'm happy that it turns out to be and intelligent discussion. 

I understand the point you're making. I'm not disputing the existence of Shark Cards as a means to make money. But I think you are confused about whom actually receives the income. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Rockstar is a subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive. Take-Two Interactive signed a contract with Rockstar to develop this game. Take-Two is the company who receives the income and as a publisher they receive income from selling other games too, although GTA V stands for the main chunk I assume.

Now to the other points, I did not say that the kind of content or DLC I was talking about necessarily should be offered free of charge.

I only mentioned some content ideas that I think would enhance and add some depth to the game as well as putting all the cool stuff we've got so far to good use.

I know there are many threads about the same topics but if we sit here all day and call each other this and that it's not going to help the situation.

We should focus all that attention on discussing the game, using a critical mind and questioning certain content or parts of the game instead of other people.

Those are probably the best tools one got when it comes to exploring new ideas and playing around with possible solutions and improvements.

Have a nice day

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

i hate RR and i want it removed completely, the payouts are fine! playing missions will be fun again.

gravis
  • gravis

Crackhead

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

I might have been confused as I didn't know about this, thank you. But then again, if they are in a contract, they get money. But based on what? Based on the number of games sold, and they get absolutely no money after Shark Cards?

About the free DLC question, my main point was as long as we get everything for free, people shouldn't complain about the marketing tactics used by R*/Take Two.

About not calling each other names, I did not intend to be offensive towards anybody, but most of the threads are about how R* is a d*ck nerfing easy missions, and a very small proportion of possible ideas and solutions. I would be more than happy if I saw more threads like this, but mostly people demand the coolest and vagues ideas for free, and still having the opportunity of making serious money fast. Well, this is my opinion, and I might seem to hate everyone on this forum, but this is not true, I just felt that many people don't look at the other side in this question. I might be wrong, and I might have missed a lot of threads with open minded, positive discussions. But I still feel that too much complaint, too little understanding and positive discussions.

Angelic
  • Angelic

La Reina

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Weren't people just complaining that they were tired of grinding missions though? I think the payouts are fine and some people just want the easy way for everything.

Euphorica
  • Euphorica

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by Euphorica, 20 August 2014 - 06:11 PM.

Weren't people just complaining that they were tired of grinding missions though? I think the payouts are fine and some people just want the easy way for everything.

Look at the words I colored red.

I'm not directing this post towards you by the way. But generally speaking, I think those words stands for the no.1 misconception people have about players who are complaining in general.

I strongly doubt that those people are asking to be handed everything on a silver platter. Because if they were they wouldn't also be screaming for content such as heists.
The current jobs/missions available to us isn't exactly challenging, to put it that way. Some can be frustrating maybe, but when you get right down to it most of them don't require much thought process, planning or tactic to complete. Hell, most of them doesn't even require co-operation to complete. Anyway, there's no excitement factor, and combined with what I said earlier about the lack of use for all the cool stuff we get to spend our hard earned money on makes people feel like it's not worth their effort. People then turn to and request higher payouts because it's the easiest thing to think of and because it's a minor thing for the developer to change. But I don't think that's what the players really want and I don't think it would solve anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users