66 replies to this topic
LA_Takers
  • LA_Takers

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

-THE FACTS SO FAR-

There is a minimum and maximum payout for each mission.

Variables in payout include time, number of players, and difficulty setting.

The longer the mission takes, and the more players in the mission, the more money you will make (up to the maximum payout).

-THE QUESTION-

What is the most efficient way to grind money as fast as possible?

How can we find the point at which waiting to finish the missions (and making more money) is not worth the extra time?
  • godziller, MrPlow and The7thOne like this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

harp seal puppy

• Members
  • Belgium
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:03 AM

I already noticed on one payout posted by someone who runned the same mission 2 times and posted results somewhere on the forum that though that spending more time increases the overall payout, its not raised like that that it is gonna be beneficial to take as much time as posible, if looking at the payout/time ratio

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

Well I been playing Titan mission and it pays off 20k. Do that 5 times in a day and you will have 100k per day. 

• GroundZero, ten-a-penny, Arrows to Athens and 4 others like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

That badass milf from Vault 111

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

I'm sure Rockstar's new brilliant idea won't go well.

• Zito likes this

gorskiegangsta
  • gorskiegangsta

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:16 AM

I'm sure Rockstar's new brilliant idea won't go well.

People will always find and popularize the absolute most efficient way to grind, because that's the whole point of grinding. However, now that the mission payouts are actually balanced it won't be a choice between a couple of ~4min ~18k missions and a bunch of longer, harder ones that pay less than 10k. Now, there are at least a half a dozen <10min missions which pay 22k+.

Starsky83
  • Starsky83

Homie

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:39 AM Edited by Starsky83, 20 August 2014 - 06:42 AM.

If you workout the payouts vs time ot doesnt work out taken longer. The longer you take the less per minute you actually earn. Someone already posted that a misson took them 6mins and got 14k but took longer at 12 minute and got 22k. Therefore if they just did it twice at 6mins they would of got 28k ie they lost 6k for taking longer
  • Daniel_B, SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom, Soran Is On and 3 others like this

LA_Takers
  • LA_Takers

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:00 AM

The forgotten variable is effort.

Are you willing to wait another few minutes and make slightly less than optimal $ per hour?
  • saintsrow and sebcreed like this

DopeFresh
  • DopeFresh

Member of the Dope Fresh Nation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:02 AM

Well I been playing Titan mission and it pays off 20k. Do that 5 times in a day and you will have 100k per day. 

alone or with people?

RossCA
  • RossCA

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:21 AM

If you workout the payouts vs time ot doesnt work out taken longer. The longer you take the less per minute you actually earn. Someone already posted that a misson took them 6mins and got 14k but took longer at 12 minute and got 22k. Therefore if they just did it twice at 6mins they would of got 28k ie they lost 6k for taking longer

But what about the time it takes to reset up that mission and inviting and load up screens? And what if you can't get the maximum amount of people to play the second time? 

alone or with people?

I just played it with one other person, because no one else would join. It was set to hard and we only got 12k. Its not easy getting the maximum amount of players to play. 

• redpoint likes this

TheKidKid415
  • TheKidKid415

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:53 AM

The mission to grind right now is Los Santos Connection with 3 players you'll get roughly 23k-25k and 4,000-4,500rp I haven't played it with 6 players and it might give more money

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:58 AM

The point of the last update was that you don't NEED TO GRIND ANYMORE.  Play any mission you want and you can make decent money for the time you put into it.  How is this so hard to understand??

The people that grinded RR to the point where that was the only mission any player could get into anymore are the ones who CAUSED this.  

• mmm chocolate, Daniel_B, hoanghung45 and 17 others like this

moostered
  • moostered

Racer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

So good players get punished for finishing a mission quickly but bad players get rewarded for taking forever?Rockstar better fix that or they'll have a lot of complaints to deal with.
  • OGLuke, rickreim and Mottershead like this

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

The mission to grind right now is Los Santos Connection with 3 players you'll get roughly 23k-25k and 4,000-4,500rp I haven't played it with 6 players and it might give more money

Fine if your willing to wait until you have 2 friends online, but dont do it with randoms. LS connection has always been a troll favorite and I'm sure now it will move to the top of the list

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

If that's the case you should just farm flight school
  • meatrocket8 likes this

LA_Takers
  • LA_Takers

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:15 AM

The point of the last update was that you don't NEED TO GRIND ANYMORE.  Play any mission you want and you can make decent money for the time you put into it.  How is this so hard to understand??

We don't want just decent money, we want to afford everything.
  • rickreim and Ak47clower like this

Vehicles
  • Vehicles

Not much of an impression...

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

Oh I can see it now.New Domislive video titled:
Unlimited money and rp glitch-AFK to get money!
will be posted.I'm 100% sure.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:32 AM Edited by ..GhosT, 20 August 2014 - 08:33 AM.

The people that grinded RR to the point where that was the only mission any player could get into anymore are the ones who CAUSED this.  

Child logic. Instead of having fun they either ruin others fun or grind one mission over and over for their chrome cars.
  • Daniel_B, strakan7, ten-a-penny and 4 others like this

JeyM
  • JeyM

Square Civilian

• Members
  • France

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

Finally someone that have understand the point
  • strakan7, ten-a-penny, Kazandra and 2 others like this

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

I agree with Kazandra.

Rockstar were always going to change mission payouts, they will know exactly

how many times each missed was launched and I'm quite sure Rooftop would

be top of the list, as she says you can make decent money from most missions

now.

I'd say this is the right way to go for now as I only saw ONE invite to Rooftop

the whole of last night, everyone else was trying other missions though I should

say I fear Hack N Dash will be the next Rooftop Rumble because of its higher

payout and not needing armour/bullets to complete.

• Kazandra and KashKashMania like this

Mottershead
  • Mottershead

One man's terrorist is another man's grandad.

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

The people who caused this horrible new payout system are those who complained about grinders. The support forum was chock full of people complaining about Rooftop Rumble. Rockstar seem to listen to those who are most vocal on their forum and who send in emails.

As always, the people who complain get their way at the expensse of the majority.

• saintsrow and rickreim like this

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

rockstar should just deactivate RR (and Coveted) for a while!!!  i was really looking forward to a great mixture of missions but i still get it all the time via on call

• hoanghung45 likes this

Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:55 AM

I agree

and would go a bit further i wish missions had a replay time limit, after you complete it its a 45 minute wait to play it again

dReAdLoKdEmOn
  • dReAdLoKdEmOn

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

So good players get punished for finishing a mission quickly but bad players get rewarded for taking forever?Rockstar better fix that or they'll have a lot of complaints to deal with.

not really. Good players will READ the new update notes and ADAPT to them. The good players will gain the same, if not more RP and $. Im pretty sure majority of the community won't complain about this update. No more 50% drop off for repeat missions? Plus i get $18,900 per Rooftop Rumble with 2 others on hard. Add a 4th and you get $24,000. Who's really gonna cry about that? A bad player probably. Take your time and get more money. That is what a "good" player does. 

• ten-a-penny, JoeMamma and tails_prower_2040 like this

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

not really. Good players will READ the new update notes and ADAPT to them. The good players will gain the same, if not more RP and $. Im pretty sure majority of the community won't complain about this update. No more 50% drop off for repeat missions? Plus i get $18,900 per Rooftop Rumble with 2 others on hard. Add a 4th and you get $24,000. Who's really gonna cry about that? A bad player probably. Take your time and get more money. That is what a "good" player does. 

Exactly this, only those who have not read the notes or picked up the new approach are likely to

complain.

I never liked the rush approach on missions, I always take my time and now its paying off.

• Marcinguy likes this

dReAdLoKdEmOn
  • dReAdLoKdEmOn

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

Is this alone or with anyone? Im not that familiar with this mission, I don't even know if you can change the difficulty, but if so, what did you have it on?

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

"Variety is the spice of life"

Thanks to this update, this is now true :)
  • ten-a-penny and dReAdLoKdEmOn like this

strakan7
  • strakan7

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:19 PM

2 tips to maximise money in this patch...
1. Play solo, free aim, hard. This means you get the RP bonuses of every objective, extra time has to be taken with only 1 life to spare and you have to locate as well as kill your enemys, rather than auto locking everyone in a matter of seconds. Time is increased as well as player function (some people refer to a game as 'effort' is ludicrous) so best of both.
2. 'Roleplay' the mission rather than calling a buzzard everytime or spamming the auto-shotty/grenade launcher. Take your time, enjoy the game, enjoy the mission. It helps if you have a mic and actually use game chat, I know it kinda sucks for free roaming sometimes but in missions you can meet new people and work together/communicate. (Alien concept to some, I gather)

• Daniel_B and ten-a-penny like this

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

Try to make the mission last 5 mins and no longer than 10;

10 mins pays double that of 5 mins but lower than 5 it really starts to get reduced 

gtuned
  • gtuned

Is that a mod?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:32 PM

For me, the new payouts are great even in playing missions solo. I'm super thorough, I have to kill each asshole trying to shoot me before I complete the objective, and that makes the mission take longer, so the longer I take the more money I make?

I'll happily get paid for playing the mission that way. Did Fueling the Flames last night, made sure to kill every single lost before taking the tanker, got paid around 17k.

That mission only paid around 6k before.

So yeah, at first it seemed R* f*cked us over, but in reality, they made the game more fun to play by giving us rewards for playing older, different missions.

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

what did he mean by this

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

To be honest, we need to find the specific amount of time needed to wait in certain missions before the absolute maximum cash can be rewarded. This would help eradicate alot of wasted time by fellow forum members.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users