GTA 4 Not Loading+Graphics Settings Wrong

2 replies to this topic
llamawrangler
  • llamawrangler

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

Ok, so I recently got a new laptop with Windows 8.1 installed, and I can't get GTA 4 to work at all. It will only get up to the load screen, then it stops working and becomes a small black box in the upper left corner. 

In addition, the auto detection mechanism for the graphics setting must be broken because it says I have 12 MB VRAM, and as such won't let me change any of the settings. I have the new GTX 870m with 6 GB VRAM, so VRAM will never be a problem. It also opens up in a very narrow window, not widescreen as it should, which is incredibly annoying. 

I really want to play GTA IV on my new decked out laptop but it seems its years are starting to show. Can anyone help out?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

Create a commandline.txt file in your GTA IV folder and put "-norestrictions" in it (without the double quotes). Save the file and launch the game.

coolguy96
  • coolguy96

Cool as ice...

• Members

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:24 PM

I have got the same problem :( on my hp notebook. it doesn't let me change the settings and there is a loading screen loop. I created the commandline file. (i created it on desktop and moved it to the folder as i could not create it inside the folder itself, ) but still problem ensues. And I've set compatibility mode to win 7.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users