More $ for Playing with Others?

17 replies to this topic
LA_Takers
  • LA_Takers

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

Rockstar's latest incentive to play jobs with other players does not make sense.

On one hand, they pay us more for more difficult missions.

On the other hand, they pay us more for playing together (making the mission less difficult).

Why should it matter if we play alone or with others?
  • Gay Tony likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:36 AM

This! I can't always have people join my missions. Finishing a mission quicker is a good thing isn't it? They should of left the payouts for most missions and only nerf RR and increase the payouts of missions that actually needed to be improved like Diamonds are for Trevor. All that sh*t and you only get $7500? Stick that up your ass and take a hike. There should be a fixed payout for every single job out there. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

I get the logic flaw, but this is a multiplayer game, and encouraging people to play by themselves isn't a great strategy.

It's a bonus reward for sharing the game experience with others / working together. 

You also get a bonus RP boost for playing with friends - that's been around for ages.

• Massive Roy likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

I get the logic flaw, but this is a multiplayer game, and encouraging people to play by themselves isn't a great strategy.

It's a bonus reward for sharing the game experience with others / working together. 

You also get a bonus RP boost for playing with friends - that's been around for ages.

Soloing is harder. So thus payout for soloing should be more. R* logic goes against this.

Lord_Smasherton
  • Lord_Smasherton

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

It's a thinly veiled attempt to encourage cash card sales.

by making the mission payouts based on time and difficulty, they are effectively preventing you from grinding a short mission for large amounts of cash. In essence, they are equalizing the time X money element in the equation.

By doing so, yes, they increase some mission payouts, but make it so that it's based more on time of completion. So, it will take a substantial amount of time to grind a moderate amount of cash.

Players who don't have that time or feel the need for instant gratification will gravitate towards a shark card.

In my opinion, great business strategy.
  • Arrows to Athens and Gay Tony like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:45 AM

To me it makes sense that the payout is higher for more participants, because missions fail most of the time, or usually take longer even when successful, when playing with randoms versus playing solo.  We need to be compensated for the severe handicap of trying to do missions with randoms.   

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:50 AM

It's a thinly veiled attempt to encourage cash card sales.

by making the mission payouts based on time and difficulty, they are effectively preventing you from grinding a short mission for large amounts of cash. In essence, they are equalizing the time X money element in the equation.

By doing so, yes, they increase some mission payouts, but make it so that it's based more on time of completion. So, it will take a substantial amount of time to grind a moderate amount of cash.

Players who don't have that time or feel the need for instant gratification will gravitate towards a shark card.

In my opinion, great business strategy.

Earning cash while playing objectively makes it less likely you'll consider purchasing shark cards. Simply put R* doesn't want you making money in-game.

They realised sometime after launch they f^cked up their grand plan because it didn't use to be like this and noone would be interested in shark cards, so they change it overtime and with each update.  So by now anyone with a half brain can see right through it.

I know there are exceptions to the "each update making it more difficult to make money" but look at big picture.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:52 AM

Soloing is harder. So thus payout for soloing should be more. R* logic goes against this.

I said I understood the logic flaw.

LA_Takers
  • LA_Takers

Peon

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:30 AM

I don't see the incentive R* has in encouraging group play.

It's not as if those players in a group wouldn't play the game alone...

Cant-B-Faded
  • Cant-B-Faded

"...apparently seeking revenge..."

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:33 AM

I'm not totally convinced you can read.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:36 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 20 August 2014 - 02:37 AM.

There is a way around this. Host a mission, let people join, run them over in your Zentorno untill they are out of lives. Proceed alone and single. Even if they leave, you will get the money as if you played with many others.

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Kings and Thieves

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

I'm not totally convinced you can read.

I wouldn't of posted at all if I couldn't read the OP.

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

Rockstar's latest incentive to play jobs with other players does not make sense.

On the other hand, they pay us more for playing together (making the mission less difficult).

What does it matter, it's just a bonus. You play alone if you want to. They have supported team play from day one, because they want us to have fun like in the first Online trailer.

Relative007
  • Relative007

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

Must resist urge to say playing with others is obviously better than playing with yourself...

• gizmonomono likes this

Old-Tired-Grumpy
  • Old-Tired-Grumpy

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

You are correct harder missions get easier with more people,

But i would guess the increase  in payouts for more people might be to reduce server loads somehow..........I am not a tech but if you have 1000 people playing a mission solo, thats 1000 little rooms that the server has to create, but if those 1000 people were in groups of 4 thats 250 little rooms the server has to deal with.......

iddqdvie
  • iddqdvie

Oldschool Rebel

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

its a comprehension for having to deal with stupid randoms

• Relative007 likes this

dzian
  • dzian

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

If you got more money/rewards for soloing jobs then that actively discourages players from playing with each other.

This is a multiplayer game so you should need other people to play and get stuff done.

Feurian42
  • Feurian42

GTA WORLD POLICE

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by Feurian42, 20 August 2014 - 03:29 PM.

I think they did this to encourage people to play with others. A lot has been put into this game concerning the social side of things, there would be a lot more social stuff going on if there were more active crews in open competition. It also leads me to believe having people whom you trust to do missions will be necessary for heists. So now the mission structure is encouraging people to find others to play with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users