Rockstar San Diego

62 replies to this topic
Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

I have an intense dislike for those who are just that ignorant and opinionated.

I could care less about if he told me to have a nice day.

It's "I couldn't care less", you ignorant opinionated wanker.

Yes, the OP is wrong with lots of his post, but why not just not post if it bothers you that much?  You don't make the OP look stupid.  You do that to yourself.

Granted, I can appear the idiot too, and despite the fact I was still waking up when writing that, I can admit I can be wrong, so you're right. As for my writing mistake I'm surprised I even wrote that wrong. O.o

Thanks man - that's an utterly refreshing post in this otherwise hellish troll pit.  Respect.

• iainspad likes this

Heists
  • Heists

Do you have the Need For Speed?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:39 PM Edited by tfroam, 21 August 2014 - 12:44 PM.

They did, but GTA V was all Rockstar North. That is why the handling was more realistic and better in GTA IV, as well as the A.I. and traffic A.I.

You are wrong. GTA V was not all R* North. San Diego, Leeds and just about every other R* studio were involved in the process.

I am sorry, but I must prove you wrong with proof.

This is the logo of Rockstar San Diego (the logo looks to be of light purple or lavender):

vpVP9gd.png

These two logos, located on the back of Grand Theft Auto V, are Rockstar North (the dark blue one, the developer) and Rockstar Gamer (the orange one, the publisher):

9Iiv6wQ.jpg

I notice a distinct lack of a light purple or lavender colored Rockstar San Diego logo or even the Leeds logo (which is white with a blue border and Rockstar logo) on the back of the box. No matter how much work they did on GTA V, their logo would be there, which there is not. So no, you are indeed wrong, and need to get your facts straight before responding with a counter.

The A.I in IV was f*cking stupid.

It wasn't. V has the worst AI & it gets worse after every update, mainly police. I'd like IV cop AI in V/O

Finally! Someone who agrees with me. And these people call themselves GTA fans.

You honestly are taking your facts from whether the logo's appear on the back of the box or not? Thats pretty dim if you don't mind me saying especially as R* haven't done this before or any other developer for that matter, except for ports (ie. R* Lincoln on IV). Maybe if you did a bit more research instead of just looking on the cover you wouldn't be so ignorant about this.

Now back last year R* North President Lezlie The Benz did an interview where he stated the following:

The Benz said production on "giant" Rockstar titles--like GTAV or Red Dead Redemption--"is no longer handled by one studio alone, but rather multiple internal studios working in tandem."

“That’s the way we work now--everyone works on GTA, or Red Dead, and so on, then we move on to the next thing,” The Benz said. “Now that it takes 1,000 people to make a game; that’s a requirement. But we don’t want 1,000 in one "

This alone defeats your unresearched point. But to continue he says this:

Asked if it took 1,000 people to develop GTAV, The Benz said, "It's probably more. Much more." Rockstar North's headcount alone is 365 people."

Now not sure about you but that tells me that surely a studio of only 365 people can't make a game with over a thousand others in the same studio, because simply the numbers don't add up. Also if you add this to where he states that "multiple internal studios working in tandem" you can see that you are talking put BS. 

Lezlie The Benz said it not me. The reason why the other studios were not credited on the box is unknown, but to say that this common practice in the industry wasn't used in the making of GTA V is quite an ignorant thing to stand by, especially as R* have the biggest habit of doing it in previous years. 

Oh and here's he source: http://www.gamespot....v/1100-6415330/

And another if you don't believe that: http://en.wikipedia...._collaborations

LongJohnTeabagger
  • LongJohnTeabagger

LJT out.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:14 AM

They did, but GTA V was all Rockstar North. That is why the handling was more realistic and better in GTA IV, as well as the A.I. and traffic A.I.

You are wrong. GTA V was not all R* North. San Diego, Leeds and just about every other R* studio were involved in the process.

I am sorry, but I must prove you wrong with proof.

This is the logo of Rockstar San Diego (the logo looks to be of light purple or lavender):

vpVP9gd.png

These two logos, located on the back of Grand Theft Auto V, are Rockstar North (the dark blue one, the developer) and Rockstar Gamer (the orange one, the publisher):

9Iiv6wQ.jpg

I notice a distinct lack of a light purple or lavender colored Rockstar San Diego logo or even the Leeds logo (which is white with a blue border and Rockstar logo) on the back of the box. No matter how much work they did on GTA V, their logo would be there, which there is not. So no, you are indeed wrong, and need to get your facts straight before responding with a counter.

The A.I in IV was f*cking stupid.

It wasn't. V has the worst AI & it gets worse after every update, mainly police. I'd like IV cop AI in V/O

Finally! Someone who agrees with me. And these people call themselves GTA fans.

You honestly are taking your facts from whether the logo's appear on the back of the box or not? Thats pretty dim if you don't mind me saying especially as R* haven't done this before or any other developer for that matter, except for ports (ie. R* Lincoln on IV). Maybe if you did a bit more research instead of just looking on the cover you wouldn't be so ignorant about this.

Now back last year R* North President Lezlie The Benz did an interview where he stated the following:

The Benz said production on "giant" Rockstar titles--like GTAV or Red Dead Redemption--"is no longer handled by one studio alone, but rather multiple internal studios working in tandem."

“That’s the way we work now--everyone works on GTA, or Red Dead, and so on, then we move on to the next thing,” The Benz said. “Now that it takes 1,000 people to make a game; that’s a requirement. But we don’t want 1,000 in one "

This alone defeats your unresearched point. But to continue he says this:

Asked if it took 1,000 people to develop GTAV, The Benz said, "It's probably more. Much more." Rockstar North's headcount alone is 365 people."

Now not sure about you but that tells me that surely a studio of only 365 people can't make a game with over a thousand others in the same studio, because simply the numbers don't add up. Also if you add this to where he states that "multiple internal studios working in tandem" you can see that you are talking put BS. 

Lezlie The Benz said it not me. The reason why the other studios were not credited on the box is unknown, but to say that this common practice in the industry wasn't used in the making of GTA V is quite an ignorant thing to stand by, especially as R* have the biggest habit of doing it in previous years. 

Oh and here's he source: http://www.gamespot....v/1100-6415330/

And another if you don't believe that: http://en.wikipedia...._collaborations

Then I am wrong, and I admit that I am. I apologize. If other studios did work on this game, then other studios should receive credit for working on this game, no matter how small the role. Meaning their logo should be on the box and on the credits. Son, in part, Rockstar North is taking all public credit for developing all parts of this game, which is not true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users