43 replies to this topic
InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:43 AM

The last update stopped the freezing

Froze three times after new update.

WHATS HAPPENED TO YOU ROCKSTAR? WHY CANT YOU GET IT RIGHT???

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

Massacro <3

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

Haven't froze since the Business update. Maybe it's a memory problem? i.e. the game's just too big for the console. I've only got like 8 games installed on my PS3. So maybe-? I'm not a tech-guy btw

Bitaktus
  • Bitaktus

mr. Nice Guy

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

No problem on 1.15, but.....

Doing the update was the worst part. Pushed 'ok' for 1.16 update and my PS3 froze completely. Not even the button on the console worked. Had to pull the cord. 

In sessions: multiple times I get 'left alone' in a session. Everybody leaves in a second out of the blue. (yeah yeah I smell bad ;) )

Reality is, I left the session and they keep playing. (session got split?)

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

Haven't froze since the Business update. Maybe it's a memory problem? i.e. the game's just too big for the console. I've only got like 8 games installed on my PS3. So maybe-? I'm not a tech-guy btw

No it's not anything on our end so don't be fooled by corporate mumbo jumbo.

theface
  • theface

PSN: PaulTheFace

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

No problem on 1.15, but.....

Doing the update was the worst part. Pushed 'ok' for 1.16 update and my PS3 froze completely. Not even the button on the console worked. Had to pull the cord. 

In sessions: multiple times I get 'left alone' in a session. Everybody leaves in a second out of the blue. (yeah yeah I smell bad ;) )

Reality is, I left the session and they keep playing. (session got split?)

Mate I have exactly the same problem as you've described in the second paragraph (not the smelling). It feels like nobody else is online and the game world is just totally dead.

Ja50nX
  • Ja50nX

I like stuff

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:51 AM

I havnt froze since 1.12 but 4 freezes already since 1.16.

Funniest part for me is how many idiots think the freezing was because of the already removed fun gate glitch.

iProGam3r
  • iProGam3r

Hakosuka or Hachiroku?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

View joined players whilst in a lobby freezes for me quite often, I try to leave the menus alone to avoid it but it still happens.
  • Willstig998 likes this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Only had one freeze thus far, which is more than I had since the last patch(0). 

Frame rate is absolutely horrendous after the update for me. 

The only thing I noticed was matchmaking seems a bit better at placing you with friends than before. 

• FilthyEsquire likes this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

The only thing I noticed was matchmaking seems a bit better at placing you with friends than before.

It also has been doing that thing to me where EVERYONE leaves the lobby, and I'm still in it. Then i join my friend who was in that lobby a moment later, and Either I got dropped, or they did. It's hard to call, and I don't know what that issue is called. But it happened every hour almost. This update also blasted my ps3's laser to the stratosphere with it's awesomeness. But fixing mine now as we speak, I mean what else am I gunna do? Use my ps4? If it actually had ONE game I wanted to play.

Willstig998
  • Willstig998

Brutaloz 4 Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

My game hasn't froze yet.
  • FilthyEsquire likes this

FilthyEsquire
  • FilthyEsquire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

My game hasn't froze yet.

Amen, you deserve it, you fellow car enthusiast you.

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

It also has been doing that thing to me where EVERYONE leaves the lobby, and I'm still in it. Then i join my friend who was in that lobby a moment later, and Either I got dropped, or they did. It's hard to call, and I don't know what that issue is called. But it happened every hour almost. This update also blasted my ps3's laser to the stratosphere with it's awesomeness. But fixing mine now as we speak, I mean what else am I gunna do? Use my ps4? If it actually had ONE game I wanted to play.

I've gotten before, I don't know whether it's R*'s fault or if it's a lapse in my own connection.

Either way it was pretty good when a special crate was confirmed and the entire lobby got cleared except for me, free crate. 

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

I've frozen 5 times since the 1.16 update, not sure it's relevant but 3 of those I was in an invite only session with nobody else there.

So far the freezing is far worse than 1.15.

Damned annoying.

elfoam
  • elfoam

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:31 AM

I'm not freezing as often as the infamous 1.11-1.14 freeze but about once per two hours. Seems similar situation though doesn't freeze in missions only in the open map. I didn't have a single freeze in a couple hundred hours play between 1.14 and 1.16. Between 1.11 and 1.14 I was freezing every 30 minutes. Everyone is freezing at the same time on 1.16 in lobbies I've got messages from randoms I was playing with as proof "Sorry I froze".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users