Is Rockstar Games slowly going downhill

103 replies to this topic
AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

Not really, GTA V is just a bumpy ride rather.

I hope things are straightened out with the current gen release.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:39 PM Edited by Phoenix_Shit, 26 August 2014 - 06:40 PM.

maybe

Agent Lynx
  • Agent Lynx

Soon, Very Soon...

• Members

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:40 PM Edited by Agent Lynx, 26 August 2014 - 06:41 PM.

I'm not satisfied about what R* done with GTA 5. As Cowboy said it: R* is going to be the next EA - Ubisoft typed game developer.

They hyped people too much. I remember the first day I played the game. The texture resolution was so bad, I shut down the console and gave up for a few days.

You see, it's been almost 10 months since Online's release. Heist Pack is not yet released. Maybe, they supposed to put effort in Heist Pack instead of releasing sh*tty DLCs like Business, High Life, Hipster ect.

In my opinion, I believe Heist Pack is already done though but they don't release it to get more money from Shark Card bs.

Do you remember the DLCs for GTA IV? Not only new cars and new guns but new missions, new characters, new side missions, new events, new activities and a lot of new features. Yes, they weren't free but R* put real effort there. And it was worth it.

• Miamivicecity and Smoke Cat like this

Theburningfire
  • Theburningfire

I teleported Bread.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:54 PM Edited by Theburningfire, 26 August 2014 - 11:02 PM.

I think its sad that rockstar is going this "focus on online" path. lets just think back to 2004. GTA SA came out and everybody loved it, rockstar has put 100% effort into the single player. remember when in 2006, the fans created their own multiplayer (multi theft auto) and you know what?

the fans loved it. so if you wanna hear my opinion, YES. they are slowly digging their own grave with GTA:O i mean you don't need much braincells to see it was rushed back in october, the servers were a mess, and everyone (including me) was thinking ("cool! now i can show everyone how rich i am!")

but what happened? DNS Servers happened. everybody had billions of dollars, and if you think about it, this all happened because rockstar screwed up big time with the security of the servers. (correct me if i'm wrong) IMO, they should've just added the same multiplayer like in gta 4 like a fun mode sort of, without any money, friendly fire off and cops off.

we can do whatever we want. on the other side of the multiplayer, people could've played the normal mode (GTA:O) to discover new adventures with new possibilities.

and by the way if you're asking me, The servers will be filled with modders locking you in prisons and sh*t in a couple years. but if the modders are ALREADY there after a year of the release, rockstar is f*cked.

they really are. i don't even wanna know how it is in a couple of years...

Hide your kids, Hide your wife, lock your doors.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

The fact that the product was not good enough is a good signal for R*, because there can't be anyone making a more basic game and taking their market. That's why R* attempted to do the most ambitious project ever, and continues to do so in the future too.

And you just can't be perfect with any aspect. That is what they aim for, but only with lots of good luck it will ever be possible. R* is pushing the limits of it's employees to pursue the impossible, because that makes sure that the company thrives in the future.

Most of the gamers are not hating or expressing their love, but they are satisfied with the game. Haters have been dissapointed, because they overestimated V, but those that express their love were served something so good they didn't expect possible.

Dissapointing a lot of people will deminish the sales in the future, but those gamers won't be buying the competior either, because they're inferior products with the same or higher cost. And those people who buy these inferior products will be buying the next gta too.

But GTA is not annualized like BF and CoD or GH and RB or AC and SR. That makes it possible to have time to create something never seen befor for next gta. And again to reach for the stars.

So to answer the question of OP: We don't know what the future holds for computer games, but since the new consoles are so young, there's plenty of time for R* to make the next GTA even more groungbraking than IV and V were on PS3 and XBOX360.

• Theburningfire likes this

nobum62
  • nobum62

Douchebag who owns a chromed Furore GT

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:38 AM

Highly disagree. To be honest, I'm sick of people crying about how R* haven't gave release dates etc. 

1. Rockstar do not give many release dates, many release dates are given by Youtubers, and they are wrong then people rage about Rockstar although given the fact Rockstar didn't give a date. 

2. Mostly I see people moaning because of Heists, yes I want them just as much as the next person, however I understand they want to make the Heists good for us and flawless and not full of bugs. So hence the delays.

3. To be honest, you're lucky the next gen are getting the game and shouldn't be moaning at all. They'll give release dates when they're ready and when they think the game is good enough for release.

1. just because some idiot youtuber on the web tells people what the release date is doesn't necessarily mean people will believe him or her. besides, why does that mean we shouldn't be annoyed at R*?

2. well, we've been waiting for heists for about how long... 11 months now? and they still haven't given us ANY INFO. not even a short trailer or some screenshots or something

3. f*ck next gen.

BloodMoney126
  • BloodMoney126

Lol wut.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:53 AM

Rockstar games. No i cant say they've been going downhill but they arent going uphill either. People want heists but Rockstar is way to busy trying to make the games on Xbox 1 and PS4. And i really think the main reason is that Rockstar was making the next gen games right after the current gen games released. With all that, I could see why heists is delayed. But did it really take that long? I don't know, maybe. Moving on to Gta 5 online. The game was buggy from the start. Glitchers everywhere. People were farming the same mission over and over. Duplicating cars and selling them. Ugh terrible. Then Rockstar patched these glitches and bugs with small DLCs. However people complained and said why aren't heists out yet blah blah blah. Then the economy killer. People we're giving money out to everyone. I'm not gonna lie. I was living a hard GTA life. I owned a garage with 2 cars in it. i think the most money i had back then was about 50k. That money was a blessing and a curse. I wanted to be the virtual kingpin and get everything from scratch. Then the money came. I f*cking bought everything. Cars, boats I switched apartments 6 times that day. But then I realized i got everything and i said f*ck it. I stopped playing gta until the money was taken away. Damn unsecured servers. After it was patched i think 1 more dlc later, There i was back again. f*cking around in gta killing people stealing cars. It was fun again. Nothing big happened from there. Maybe the occasional tank douche that killed me. And the god mode people werent a big deal. To me that is. Jump to present day. I'm still doing missions with my friends making and spending money. The game itself wasn't a failure. It's the fact the people were upset with rockstar not fixing issues. GTA online was a great concept. If the servers were more secure and more people didn't want to get easy money, RP, and gives themselves god mode most of the problems in-game wouldn't be around.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:18 AM

They're not going downhill entirely. They seem to be focusing on a specific audience. They left out some basic features in GTA to appeal to a larger audience, but they ended attracting people who played FPS and other shooting games. Another thing they did is punishing people who just wanna have fun and focusing on people who want to play the game for what it is (Doing missions). This kinda ruined the online experience for me. Although I didn't like people who killed everybody with Buzzards in TBOGT online and I don't like people killing everybody with tanks neither, I'd like to be able to kill who I want and enter mission interiors like in IV.

Rockstar Games isn't going downhill, they're simply targeting a new, larger audience.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:45 AM

More like GTA kiddies are getting more melodramatic.

Precisely. You could add "spoilt, clueless and unappreciative" in between "like" and "GTA" as well.

• OneManCrimeWave likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:31 PM Edited by Spider-Vice, 31 August 2014 - 04:43 PM.

http://www.glassdoor...iews-E20887.htm

If no one can see it:

EB0aNry.png

This is seriously getting a bit worrying for the future of Rockstar, I don't know what else they can do.

Edit: Here's a somewhat recent one from San Diego.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:23 PM Edited by Xerukal, 31 August 2014 - 05:24 PM.

Aye, the psychopathic management at studios like San Diego will be the end of Rockstar one day. There's only so much unnecessary verbal/mental abuse your employees can take before they spit in your face and declare they had enough of your bullsh*t.

Wouldn't be surprised if it escalates into someone wanting to physically attack Sam Houser, or whichever CEO is being so hostile (according to the reviews).

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

This isn't just at Rockstar San Diego, it's a bit in every studio. Just for curiosity I checked out reviews for 2K Games and et voilá, it's actually a bit of the same sh*t. Take-Two probably doesn't even know what is going on, or doesn't care. Every game company has a huge load of work and overtime and bad things like that, but limits are limits. After reading reviews for 2K Games, Irrational Games and Rockstar, I'm not sure whether it has to be Take Two taking action or each of the companies.

Rockstar has people who actually sort of like being there, so nothing will probably happen that soon.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

Well I did say "studios like San Diego" and "one day".

:p

• Spider-Vice likes this

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

I think you can define downhill more only with the meaning that the quality of GTA is going downhill. Because R* obviously doesnt. As they have released their latest titles successfully, there is no problem right now. Of course, as they only publish e. g. one GTA every 4 / 5 / 6 years, this has to get very good sale numbers, otherwise they would have a problem. So if their marketing of a new GTA or something else goes wrong, then I think they will have a big problem. I dont know about their financial management, but they made lots of profit the last years, so even though one GTA title would be a total fail, I guess they could survive to the title after that and then just hope that one after the failed one will sell better. 

So for answering your question, R* definitely doesnt go downhill. GTA maybe. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users