A Way Rockstar can avoid all this hate

135 replies to this topic
toolateaxeincar
  • toolateaxeincar

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:02 PM

If they could come up with this stuff in less than 2 months then I think there really shouldn't be any hate at all.

Haha, surely you jest? DLC is developed wayyyyyyy before it's released. It's far more probable that this content was developed in 2013 than that it was created in the last 2 months.

Source: Former games dev.

Yura'ndGames
  • Yura'ndGames

☆Sayurifor11thsinglecenter☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

It's all caused by dumbasses who overhype for no reason whatsoever. "Hey there are military NPCs in this vid! R* where's our military gear, omg you promised. This update sucks lawl"

It was in their trailer, Why you would put NPC's in other outfits not in the update in the update trailer is beyond me.

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

And I need you, and I miss you

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

If they could come up with this stuff in less than 2 months then I think there really shouldn't be any hate at all.

Haha, surely you jest? DLC is developed wayyyyyyy before it's released. It's far more probable that this content was developed in 2013 than that it was created in the last 2 months.

Fair enough but the thing I don't get is the fact that the beach bum update came 1 week before christmas, Why would they develop a beach themed DLC and bring it out in the middle of winter.

Plus the Independence day update seemed kind of rushed which is what led me to believe that some DLC's get made and released almost back to back.

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:18 AM

I'm pretty sure why the DLC sucks is because people have their expectations up too high.

is that R* fault? I don't get people

someone needs to show me the better game that has given this much free DLC

cos I ain't seen it

please what game are you guys comparing gta online too that makes every update sh*t

I would like to try it

Literally every F2P MMO ever. 

you need to give an example and not just say every free mmo,

as of now gta online is a console game so comparing it to a PC only game is not right

direct me to one so I can get info and see how much better it is than gta

them games are probably riddled with ads as a source of their income 

people complaining about the commercial probs the same dudes that complain that linx body spray doesn't attract women....

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:36 AM

updates are not DLC.

updates are mandatory

DLC is optional.

"I downloaded the contant, so it's DLC!"

I bought TLaD/BoGT on disc. I never DL'd anything, but it's still falls in the "DLC" catogory.

Angry Birds - new levels are updates to the game. everyone gets them.

Angry Birds - Mighty Eagle (power up) is optional. it's a paid add on. it's DLC.

lastly...

the firmware on my PS3 has been updated several times over the years. should the content I downloaded be considered "DLC" or just an "update?"

--

OT: people will always "hate" everything. R* will never be able to make the entire community happy. i just hope they keep trying.

--

fun fact:

if we were playing a racing game, we'd be paying $5 each update, just for the cars. also, they wouldn't be called "updates," they'd be called DLC.

don't bother. The fan boys here are more dense than iron. I tried to say all that and they still considered it dlc because it's content that you download. Wow. Saw that and I just let go.

Goddamm, at least some people on this forum have fully functioning brains. 

I was starting to feel alone. 

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

The Original FunktoBus driver

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:42 AM Edited by EZza2647, 21 August 2014 - 10:42 AM.

Fair enough but the thing I don't get is the fact that the beach bum update came 1 week before christmas, Why would they develop a beach themed DLC and bring it out in the middle of winter.

Plus the Independence day update seemed kind of rushed which is what led me to believe that some DLC's get made and released almost back to back.

It was summer in the southern Hemisphere. 

Coincidence I guess

I'm pretty sure why the DLC sucks is because people have their expectations up too high.

cos I ain't seen it

please what game are you guys comparing gta online too that makes every update sh*t

I would like to try it

as of now gta online is a console game so comparing it to a PC only game is not right

people complaining about the commercial probs the same dudes that complain that linx body spray doesn't attract women....

• The Forest
  • Rift - Classic Themepark
  • Tera - Action combat
  • Vindictus - Instance/Dungeon
  • Guild Wars 2 - Buy2Play
  • SWTOR - 
  • Maplestory - 2D (Currently Pay2Win, slowly transitioning away from it)
  • Dragon Nest - Another Instance/Dungeon
  • Neverwinter - I heard this game is very pay2win, but has lots of content
  • Eldevin - Runescape style

Makkaveli101
  • Makkaveli101

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

Im REALLY beginning to slowly hate most of the GTA community because the majority are just so damn ungrateful & spoiled. But its good to atleast see those on here and in game who are appreciative enough that R* gave us so much free sh*t that we could've end up paying out the ass for.

Agree. If you're a long time fan chances are you would've bought all the DLC too. So it's a free gift. Trouble with games like this that are so popular, with so many players, like any human population ratio -  you're always going to have a percentage of dickheads/twats/whiners/pricks - in game, and on the forums.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

or they could stop being greedy bastards who really only release DLC in order to sell more cashcards

no one works for free

cash cards = optional
and you get free dlc, seriously stope being silly
rockstar doesn't care about you or your family.
relax.
Use normal font size like the rest of us.
this game is broken.

cut content is being trickled to us in little bits and those of you who don't think outside of the box very often, it's not free. It was there originally and then got taken away, only to be released in very little packs to expand the life of the game. None of this was free. It was all prepaid for when you purchased the game.

The LaFerrari (which the Turismo is partly based on) was unveiled in spring 2013. I actually doubt that R* has still dealt with creating vehicle models shortly before the release.

So yea... "cut content". Keep hatin'

• lazyassedlover likes this

Najacks
  • Najacks

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

I am quite happy with the free dlc's that come with the game whether good or bad. Each dlc is trying to cater for a very large and completely different audience. Every dlc has something for for me as an occasional gamer ( Although I am playing nearly every night now thanks to GTAO ). R* can't please all of the people all of the time but every free download is an addition to a game we have bought already. They did not have give us anything after the initial purchase.

If this was COD we'd be on the 4th expansion pack by now moaning that we had to pay for it...

my 2p's worth

• gizmonomono and lazyassedlover like this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

or they could stop being greedy bastards who really only release DLC in order to sell more cashcards

no one works for free

cash cards = optional

cut content is being trickled to us in little bits and those of you who don't think outside of the box very often, it's not free. It was there originally and then got taken away, only to be released in very little packs to expand the life of the game. None of this was free. It was all prepaid for when you purchased the game.

And you know this for a fact? Give me a f*cking break. There's way to many people here who think they know everything. None of us know how Rockstar works and what their plans are.

Either way, the game was packed tight with content the day it was released. I don't give a flying rats ass if that content was cut or added later. We are getting it, and I personally am enjoying it.

• SkylineGTRFreak and lazyassedlover like this

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:26 AM Edited by blakeney, 21 August 2014 - 11:28 AM.

People just need to stop being entitled. You think it's bad now, you haven't seen anything until Heists comes out. Countless "I WAITED A YEAR FOR THIS? f*ck R* IM TRADING IT IN" posts and so on.

Then comes the best bit.. Where all the entitled pricks move on, and the Gta community gets back to how it was pre the 2012 hype train!

They are just kids that took their very first huge dose of hype and are all suffering a HUGE come down!

Imagine they were alive in the 90s when a games hype was built round a fully rendered scene that in no way was close to "in-game" gfx and often included stuff not in the game.

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:37 AM Edited by xLuCx, 21 August 2014 - 11:37 AM.

no one works for free

cash cards = optional

And you know this for a fact? Give me a f*cking break. There's way to many people here who think they know everything. None of us know how Rockstar works and what their plans are.
Either way, the game was packed tight with content the day it was released. I don't give a flying rats ass if that content was cut or added later. We are getting it, and I personally am enjoying it.
God I fear for the future of gaming because of dumbass' like this -_- some video game developing companies must depend in some way that most of their fan base is stupid af! Or else they wouldn't get away with all of this crap..
  • SonofLosSantos likes this

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:55 PM Edited by gizmonomono, 21 August 2014 - 12:56 PM.

no one works for free

cash cards = optional

God I fear for the future of gaming because of dumbass' like this -_- some video game developing companies must depend in some way that most of their fan base is stupid af! Or else they wouldn't get away with all of this crap..

Care to elaborate on that, genius? Or do you just enjoy spewing bullsh*t through a keyboard?

• lazyassedlover likes this

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

Coincidence I guess

cos I ain't seen it

I would like to try it

• The Forest
  • Tera - Action combat
  • SWTOR - 

as of now, gta online is a console game so please give console examples

I checked the forrest, was not impressed at all and it first person, not third person

remember this is ps3 a pretty much dead generation....pc is basically infinite

I haven't even heard of these games, i strongly doubt they are better and more diverse than gta online

these sound like specific scenario game types that focus one thing like zombie invasion etc 

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

The Original FunktoBus driver

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

Coincidence I guess

cos I ain't seen it

I would like to try it

• The Forest
  • Tera - Action combat
  • SWTOR - 

as of now, gta online is a console game so please give console examples

I checked the forrest, was not impressed at all and it first person, not third person

remember this is ps3 a pretty much dead generation....pc is basically infinite

I haven't even heard of these games, i strongly doubt they are better and more diverse than gta online

these sound like specific scenario game types that focus one thing like zombie invasion etc 

The forest is a Pre-Alpha, what do you expect?

And a lot of these have console ports to em'. For example, the top 4 except The Forest are available on XBL. But if you want a console specific example take the Elder Scrolls series, including Elder scrolls online.

GTA is up there, but not at the top

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:31 PM

My response to this topic:

http://gtaforums.com...lease-free-dlc/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users