• Argonaut

Thunder Dragoon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

"1.16 is a fail!"

"THIS UPDATE SUCKS!"

"This is the worst dlc ever put out"

Are just a few of the comments i've seen over Facebook, Twitter and of course these forums on the topic of the new DLC. In response, I've seen alot of self-proclaimed smart-arses replying with 'your complaining about free dlc' 'boohoo virtual ingame items weren't what you like big deal' and the like, all flaring up a massive debate over what really could easily be avoided with one simple change.

On the R* Social Club, Xbox Live Gamestore/anywhere where a list of DLC is offically available/ the first post about a DLC, add a small tag on the end denoting a [Small], [Medium] or [Large] content package based on the precise number of vehicles/weapons/aircraft/clothes have been added (Bug Fixes/Gameplay changes don't count)

This would:

Reduce confusion and speculation of what it actually contained by having a precise numerical count of all the items being the only contribution to the tag size

Enable players to know what to expect from the Downloadable content and pretty much wholly avoid all the hate from not getting what people expected from the 100% confurmed domisgay leek

Reduce overall disappointment (even if people were disappointed with a small size DLC already, atleast their disappointment wouldn't be a slamming reality that the so-epic trailer promised so little) thanks to a prior knowledge of what to expect

Even if R* lost out alittle on the excitement factor of a new DLC, they would be gaining, even if only a little consumer trust for being straight-up honest about the content they were about to release that would continually grow with each use of the tag system per DLC release. Even as R* has acted per release and just downright ignored any criticism regarding the quality of the content produced (usually only partially listening to gameplay complaints), the whole community would I think be a whole lot less anti rokstur every time something new to witch hunt on is available due to the easy ways (including this one) that the company could build up consumer trust even by continually ignoring Heist/payout complaints; because really, they are a pretty clever bunch aren't they?
  • Zee, A J, Anger Personified and 4 others like this

InfernalOutcast
  • InfernalOutcast

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

I'm pretty sure why the DLC sucks is because people have their expectations up too high.
  • manutd36, Mr.Nedich, GroundZero and 32 others like this

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

Thunder Dragoon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:54 PM Edited by Argonaut, 19 August 2014 - 09:49 PM.

I'm pretty sure why the DLC sucks is because people have their expectations up too high.

Exactly. This system would prevent, or reduce disappointment due to this system.

• Zito, theNGclan, Jeff Nesteruk and 1 other like this

Jesoph
  • Jesoph

The smelly guys co-leader.

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:54 PM

give us 500k for free 

• The Sullinator and fERON like this

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:57 PM

is that R* fault? I don't get people

someone needs to show me the better game that has given this much free DLC

cos I ain't seen it

please what game are you guys comparing gta online too that makes every update sh*t

I would like to try it

• Massive Roy, tfroam, cjdavies and 5 others like this

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:59 PM

It's all caused by dumbasses who overhype for no reason whatsoever. "Hey there are military NPCs in this vid! R* where's our military gear, omg you promised. This update sucks lawl"

• GroundZero, Solid Scorpion, Katve and 9 others like this

Yura'ndGames
  • Yura'ndGames

☆Sayurifor11thsinglecenter☆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

Or they could stop putting NPC models in their trailers, Only put DLC clothing on models, And remove effects that aren't included in the DLC.
  • Zee, StormerBoy, Senor_taco28 and 6 others like this

IROCZFOX
  • IROCZFOX

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

Majority of players unhappy with this update will get over it. However, if R* can't figure out this freezing issue, then they deserve any and all hate that they get. That's like game design 101. Don't have your game freeze every 10 minutes.

Thelankymidget
  • Thelankymidget

That one guy.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:05 PM Edited by Thelankymidget, 19 August 2014 - 08:25 PM.

Blame youtubers! They always bring up the hype like saying "hydra in 1.16!! The source code confirms it!" And when really it's just a random file on word but people will believe anything they see on YouTube!
  • Jeff Nesteruk and FoC Reaper XI like this

Myoyoy
  • Myoyoy

Playa

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

all about opinions,thats life!! pointless debate really!!

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

This wouldn't solve anything. People would just have an opportunity to complain about the DLC before they'd even downloaded it.

"another small update, GAY"

"more content packs, R* are the worst company in the history of time"

etc

• Jeff Nesteruk likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

or they could stop being greedy bastards who really only release DLC in order to sell more cashcards

• HexagoN likes this

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

Updates are not dlc

cut content is not dlc

Say for example you bought a car, brand new from the dealership. Before buying the car you asked, "does it have heated seats?" To which the salesman replies "ofc it does!"

So you happily purchase your brand new car with your hard earned money that you saved up so long for only to find out that the dirty salesman lied to you.. 

so what do you do? You go back and question him about the seats. So let's also say that he told you to come back in a week and they would install the seats for you free of charge. A week goes by and he tells you the seats still aren't in and to come back next week. This goes on for a few months before they FINALLY get them in and remind you of how they'll install them free of charge. So at the point, you as the dumbass customer as happy as sh*t to have finally gotten your free heated seats installed free of charge.

that or as soon as you realize you got lied to, you take the car back to rip that salesman a new asshole for not having a feature you specifically wanted to finalize the purchase.

I know the grammar is brutal but I hope I got my point across 

Posting this once again.
  • Zee, sqre and Wayne Daniels like this

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

or they could stop being greedy bastards who really only release DLC in order to sell more cashcards

no one works for free

cash cards = optional

and you get free dlc, seriously stope being silly

• blakeney and Jeff Nesteruk like this

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:14 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 19 August 2014 - 08:14 PM.

Why they even bothered making a trailer for this one is what I want to know. It's nothing special at all. I still don't understand why a Hunter hasn't been included when it was clearly shown during an in-game movie trailer.

• yakprince likes this

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

You know what would end the hate? Giving people what they want.

You know, like Hunters, Hydras and heists
  • Zee, sqre and gta4thewin like this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:15 PM Edited by BlackAce23, 19 August 2014 - 10:26 PM.

Im REALLY beginning to slowly hate most of the GTA community because the majority are just so damn ungrateful & spoiled. But its good to atleast see those on here and in game who are appreciative enough that R* gave us so much free sh*t that we could've end up paying out the ass for.
  • Mr.Nedich, Makkaveli101, ten-a-penny and 3 others like this

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

Thunder Dragoon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Updates are not dlc

cut content is not dlc

Say for example you bought a car, brand new from the dealership. Before buying the car you asked, "does it have heated seats?" To which the salesman replies "ofc it does!"

So you happily purchase your brand new car with your hard earned money that you saved up so long for only to find out that the dirty salesman lied to you.. 

so what do you do? You go back and question him about the seats. So let's also say that he told you to come back in a week and they would install the seats for you free of charge. A week goes by and he tells you the seats still aren't in and to come back next week. This goes on for a few months before they FINALLY get them in and remind you of how they'll install them free of charge. So at the point, you as the dumbass customer as happy as sh*t to have finally gotten your free heated seats installed free of charge.

that or as soon as you realize you got lied to, you take the car back to rip that salesman a new asshole for not having a feature you specifically wanted to finalize the purchase.

Posting this once again.

Updates are not DLC? It's Downloadable Content for the game that adds Vehicles AS content. This tag system only acts as more clarification to help to cull the flow of hate that pollutes the GTA Online 'community'

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:16 PM Edited by xLuCx, 19 August 2014 - 08:20 PM.

no one works for free

cash cards = optional
rockstar doesn't care about you or your family.
relax.
Use normal font size like the rest of us.
this game is broken.

cut content is being trickled to us in little bits and those of you who don't think outside of the box very often, it's not free. It was there originally and then got taken away, only to be released in very little packs to expand the life of the game. None of this was free. It was all prepaid for when you purchased the game.
  • Zee, sqre, Senor_taco28 and 3 others like this

Jesoph
  • Jesoph

The smelly guys co-leader.

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

is that R* fault? I don't get people

someone needs to show me the better game that has given this much free DLC

cos I ain't seen it

please what game are you guys comparing gta online too that makes every update sh*t

I would like to try it

damn ur mouth must be wide

• Zee and MilezDawg like this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

no one works for free

cash cards = optional

keep on being ignorant 

you sure are good at it XD

• Zee likes this

Mr.Nedich
  • Mr.Nedich

Baratheon Bannerman

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

People just need to stop being entitled. You think it's bad now, you haven't seen anything until Heists comes out. Countless "I WAITED A YEAR FOR THIS? f*ck R* IM TRADING IT IN" posts and so on.

• ten-a-penny likes this

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:21 PM

Updates are not dlc

cut content is not dlc

Posting this once again.

its becomes dlc one you have to download it

Downloadable CONTENT, its origins are a non issue, weather its was cut or otherwise

you cant compare something as complex as heists to heated seats dude

it will come, be patient

the ones shouting about heists the most are the ones who probably don't even like this game that much

which is why they are constantly looking for something new

Im REAY beginning to slowly hate most of the GTA community because the majority are just so damn ungrateful & spoiled. But its good to atleast see those on here and in game who are appreciative enough that R* gave us so much free sh*t that we could've end up paying out the ass for.

Thank You, wish I could split up the community between the haters and actual grateful people 

no one works for free

cash cards = optional

rockstar doesn't care about you or your family.
relax.
Use normal font size like the rest of us.
this game is broken.

dunno where my family came from

i use the tool availble to me as i please, you dont have to read it, stupid f*cker

who the hell wants to be like you?

no one works for free

cash cards = optional

keep on being ignorant 

you sure are good at it XD

shut up, I don't talk to morons

• ten-a-penny likes this

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Updates are not dlc

cut content is not dlc

Posting this once again.

Downloadable CONTENT, its origins are a non issue, weather its was cut or otherwise

it will come, be patient

the ones shouting about heists the most are the ones who probably don't even like this game that much

Im REAY beginning to slowly hate most of the GTA community because the majority are just so damn ungrateful & spoiled. But its good to atleast see those on here and in game who are appreciative enough that R* gave us so much free sh*t that we could've end up paying out the ass for.

Thank You, wish I could split up the community between the haters and actual grateful people 

complexity is irrelevant to the analogy

both were advertised, neither delivered.

it holds up.

\thank you, wish I could slap that annoying need to put everything in large font out of you

• Zee, sqre and Demolition Man like this

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

lolwut?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:27 PM

That kid with the large font is raging lmao

I think his brain broke a few posts back now he's just hurling insults everywhere.

it's like he think rockstar cares about him
  • Zee and Senor_taco28 like this

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

Thunder Dragoon

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

That kid with the large font is raging lmao

I think his brain broke a few posts back now he's just hurling insults everywhere.

it's like he think rockstar cares about him

They care about the money within him,

that is all.

• Zee likes this

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Just tell is exactly what is in the update the next time ffs.

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

Updates are not dlc

cut content is not dlc

Posting this once again.

it will come, be patient

complexity is irrelevant to the analogy

both were advertised, neither delivered.

it holds up.

\thank you, wish I could slap that annoying need to put everything in large font out of you

you really are a clown, now you are making threats over the internet lool and you don't even know me

im not even gonna bother responding with hate cos im not bugging, you are lol

stay butt hurt tho, im off to have a chill doobie and enjoy gtaO this evening

• ten-a-penny and gizmonomono like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

they should make you pay for the next one, that would fix you whiney little crybabys who think youre entitled to anything from them after the original purchase.   consider yourselves lucky as most game companies wouldnt be giving you assclowns anything new for free.  f*ck, EA even makes you pay for bug fix patches cause they add a couple new maps and call them expansion packs, damn you kids today are gonna have lots of issues later in life when you no longer get your participation trophies and are judged on your actual ability, lol!

• tenpennyisplainevil, Jeff Nesteruk and EZza2647 like this

MetalThrasherXtreme
  • MetalThrasherXtreme

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Excitement factor? 

Maybe there would have been some actual excitement if they'd actually put some content into the update and announced it sooner than literally the day before release..

• Zee and ZombieBatman like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users