145 replies to this topic
Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

I would have started this week if I actually signed up for College.. and I probably shouldn't wait long either.

Raiden雷電
  • Raiden雷電

I Am Lightning, The Rain Transformed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:55 AM

Better enjoy it while it lasts, because once it's over you'll be having dreams about school wishing you could go back. I quit school in the 10th grade because I was bullied. Now I'm without a job and have failed my GED twice. But I'm not giving up.

• matajuegos01 likes this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:47 AM

Enjoy it while you can just think in a few years you will be done with school (if you stick to it) then you will have to get a 9-5 and work like most do....

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:26 AM Edited by Shyabang Shyabang, 20 August 2014 - 04:30 AM.

To those who have graduated:

- How is it like to have less vacation from work? Does it make you want to go back to your school years? Would you rather be in school or at work? And if you graduated, but without work, how's life living with your parents? I have an older cousin who is in the later situation. She has a lot of free time and continues to gain support from her parents. She has a lot of active free time.

G's Ah's
  • G's Ah's

Hello, My Children

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:14 AM

I haven't been to school in two years. 

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

School started on Monday.

It was depressing on one side but it was also fun to see my friends again.

But yeah...I'm not looking forward to this year.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

- How is it like to have less vacation from work? Does it make you want to go back to your school years? Would you rather be in school or at work? And if you graduated, but without work, how's life living with your parents? I have an older cousin who is in the later situation. She has a lot of free time and continues to gain support from her parents. She has a lot of active free time.

I actually enjoyed school a lot more as I got older.

high school was fun. college was awesome. and I actually enjoy what I'm doing for a living now.

at this point I'd much rather be working than still attending classes, because now people pay me to show up on-time instead of the reverse.

in college I lived on campus, had roommates and such, and for almost 1.5 years after graduating I more or less lived with my parents again to save money. which was nice honestly since I happen to love my family and get along with my parents.

but for the past 3.5 years again I've been living on my own and it's the greatest thing. naturally.

freedom :beerhat:

• Scaglietti likes this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:43 AM

Graduated 7 years ago.

Cameron
  • Cameron

💯

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:02 AM

i've still got like two weeks left.

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

About to start preliminary exams soon, plus a sh*t load of essays. f*ck this sh*t

• MGT86 likes this

MGT86
  • MGT86

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

About to start preliminary exams soon, plus a sh*t load of essays. f*ck this sh*t

I know how  you feel, my school is doing this new plan of HSC prepping before going into the HSC  so everyday i come home from at least one subject i get 5 pages of homework, imagine having all 6 subjects homework in the one night oh it is sh*t, 30 pages of homework and 3 essay's in 7 days isn't the most fun thing to do, yr 12 is in 4 weeks wtf and OP started back at school 7 months ago haha :lol:

• Mick. likes this

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:27 AM Edited by Lexty., 20 August 2014 - 10:28 AM.

I agree MGT86. What pisses me off the most is they didn't even give any notification for the prelims. You get 2 weeks notice with normal essays, so the prelim notification should be given a month in advance. They give you one week to revise every single topic you have covered over the year, in multiple subjects. It's f*cked man.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:13 PM

No school for me anymore hehe.

Btw nice avatar OP.

Hmmm........ Well, I guess we both can say hello to our little friends ehh? (A.K.A M4A1 with grenade launcher)

• Affalterbach likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:25 PM

No. No, school hasn't started for me in about 19 years. Work, every f*cking day, but no school. The wonders of being a fully grown man. 

MarshalMoo
  • MarshalMoo

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

Hey guys. Just reporting in that school is actually not starting for me.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:41 PM Edited by Shyabang Shyabang, 20 August 2014 - 12:43 PM.

@El_Diablo,

What do you do for a living? You're lucky that you found work that you enjoy. I hope I will.

Aljohnk
  • Aljohnk

*Intensifies*

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:49 PM

Started term 3 like 4-5 weeks ago? Anyways, i'm turning to year 12 next year so It's gonna be epic.

 dice
  •  dice

Always rolling

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Server SAMP 2009

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

I'd rather go to school than work. Gosh, I feel like my dad now
  • Th3MaN1 and RedBull FM like this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

I hated every single second of every single minute of school. I couldn't wait to leave and get into the freedom of the real world.

But if it wasn't for education I wouldn't be where I am now, the owner of several business and financially very very secure.

Love or hate it, you have to go through it, just make sure that when you finally leave, you do justice to the time you spent in classrooms and take away some nice useful qualifications!

• Shah Sam likes this

inthegarage
  • inthegarage

juice magic

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

Graduated high school 9 years ago. Graduated college 2 years ago.

My son started school on Monday though. First grade.

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

Do wish I still had vacations. I'm supposed to get one week paid vacation per year but have never actually gotten it. I know most Europeans get a good amount if time. I work for a small construction company. I love it. I enjoy working much more than being in school. School wasn't bad for me. I got decent enough grades. I went to an all boys high school. The bad part was it made it hard to meet girls. The good part was nobody gave a crap about trying to show off, so there was basically no bullying. For the most part people got along.

I think work is better because you're getting paid to be there. And to an extent, you choose your job. I mean at some point you might have to just take whatever is available, but if you develop a skill you like, then you do what you want.

If you drop out of school, you should immediately get a job. Don't take time in between like your cousin is doing. Work is much harder than school but you get used to the difference quickly. But if you spend much time doing nothing, it's very hard to get into a work schedule.

Alex Wesker
  • Alex Wesker

No. 012 of Project W

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:21 PM Edited by PsychoGamer3, 20 August 2014 - 03:22 PM.

I go back on September 3. Crap. :sui:

• Detective Phelps likes this

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

well you got the perfect disguise and you're looking okay

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:23 PM Edited by Flūttershy, 20 August 2014 - 04:24 PM.

Pffft, I dropped out of school years ago.

b79.jpg
  • Alex Wesker likes this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Well, the schedule sucks in this school. Day ends 15:00PM EVERY day....

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

I had 4 days off last month. That's been my only holiday this year so far, bar a day off for a funeral.

Still, I actually like my job, better than school. School was sh*t.

Good luck!

Alex Wesker
  • Alex Wesker

No. 012 of Project W

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

@Phoenix_sh*t I finish at 15:00-05. We're brothers, you and I :lol:

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:54 PM

Starting my first year of university with a introductory/welcoming day on 29 August, with regular courses starting on 1 September. :)

• Alex Wesker likes this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

I'm a week into school and I'm ready for this school year to end already. I'm literally just sitting in class right now doing nothing at all. High school is one big joke to me, I mean this is considered education, just sitting in a class while the teacher is in a completely different room doing literally nothing? This is my last year though so it's all good. I'm almost out if this mindless prison. At least this prison has free wifi though haha

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

Is it just me or is everything sh*t?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:52 PM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 21 August 2014 - 03:53 PM.

For you youngsters

• IveGotNoValues likes this

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

Retired, have a life

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

This has to be the worst thing about going back to school

Tfpbelg.png

• Th3MaN1, IveGotNoValues, Flūttershy and 2 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic