Would you like if LC wasn't this dark?

23 replies to this topic
Young Martini
  • Young Martini

The New Guy in Town

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 4 weeks ago

I mean sometimes it really sucks. It's like always raining or stuff... I really love LC but it would be way better if there was a bit of better weather

P.S- sorry for my "good" language

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

The darker and colder the better IMO. Sunshine belongs in LS.
  • lol232, HexagoN, Jeansowaty and 9 others like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Beginning PC Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Taking away the grittyness of the city is just like taking Niko out of the game. Unnecessary, takes away a lot of what makes the game amazing, and severely lowers the enjoyment, awesomeness and overall atmosphere by a huge percentage.

• Zello and matajuegos01 like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

Prankster

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

I can't imagine it like that.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago

It added to the setting. It shouldn't be changed.

Cheers.

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

"Time moves forward, and nothing changes"- Max Payne

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

no dark over sunshine.

• matajuegos01 likes this

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

TBoGT tried to make the game look more colorful. As it was a great attempt, it just doesn't feel right. Color belongs in Vice City and San Andreas.

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

TBoGT tried to make the game look more colorful. As it was a great attempt, it just doesn't feel right. Color belongs in Vice City and San Andreas.

Yes, tbogt felt weird with bright city. Made my eyes hurt.
  • Android and Zello like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago

To be fair TBOGT makes LC look colourful because its default settings have brightness, contrast and saturation on their highest. If you tinker with it TBOGT can look as dark and gritty as what GTA IV does.
  • Android, matajuegos01 and The7thOne like this

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

To be fair TBOGT makes LC look colourful because its default settings have brightness, contrast and saturation on their highest. If you tinker with it TBOGT can look as dark and gritty as what GTA IV does.

True, but I believe Rockstar made the settings set to max on default because it's how they wanted you to keep it :)

• SonOfLiberty and matajuegos01 like this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

True, but I believe Rockstar made the settings set to max on default because it's how they wanted you to keep it :)
There on max? WTF, I never knew this.

Android
  • Android

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I normally put them on max, anyway. It's a habit. 

rahjee
  • rahjee

They call me Smoove.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's a city that's in the north east in the fall (NYC). The weather's suppose to be like that.  

• Zello, matajuegos01 and Kampret like this

jayjay35
  • jayjay35

This sh*t is whack son!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

yup, SOL is right, it would feel out of place, the gritty atmosphere in IV is for niko's underground and ''sad'' story, TBoGT is more bright and colorful because Luis has a more ''glamorous'' and less sad story

• SonOfLiberty and matajuegos01 like this

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't think GTAIV set in summer would be that bad at all. Don't get me wrong: that cold palette of Fall is one of the elements which contributes greatest to Liberty City's atmosphere -- I loved it. But to cast sunshine over LC wouldn't hurt one bit. In fact I'd say it would go a ways to upping the grit. New York in the summer is crazy. The heat drives people insane and that's something Rockstar would have reflected in the environment.

MitchMaljers
  • MitchMaljers

When you can't get what you want.. But you can get me.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A week ago

The more rain the better, it almost never rains in Los Santos, which dissapoints me. I like rainy and foggy weather, especially in Liberty City.

• SonOfLiberty, matajuegos01 and maxpaynefan like this

maxpaynefan
  • maxpaynefan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

^LC with foggy rain looks great, its very suiting for NB's anger. To me it let's his inner demons out.
  • Zello, matajuegos01 and MitchMaljers like this

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Cyper, A week ago.

GTA III is set in the autumn. Liberty City Stories is set in the autumn. GTA IV is set in the very late autumn.

That is most likely why the city in these games seems dark and rainy.

The only game that have displayed Liberty City during summer is GTA I.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Lt Phill Bellic

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Liberty City is dark, I like it like that. I do wonder what it would look like during the middle of summer as a comparison.

Cheers.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted A week ago

I already loved it, don't know why I would want less of that.

EPrins
  • EPrins

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Spain

Posted 5 days ago

I just started playing GTA IV and I don't mind the cloudy weather and love the rain but I do get the feeling that I'm spending about 80% of the time by night and only 20% of my playing time during the day. Maybe I'm just unlucky saving my games (which skips 6 hours) but I would like some more daylight. Not beautiful sunny days, just some more daylight. I'm starting to feel like a night owl :)

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Eritrea

Posted 5 days ago

I like the dark atmo, but nonetheless i would like to experience it in V's sunny style.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I just started playing GTA IV and I don't mind the cloudy weather and love the rain but I do get the feeling that I'm spending about 80% of the time by night and only 20% of my playing time during the day. Maybe I'm just unlucky saving my games (which skips 6 hours) but I would like some more daylight. Not beautiful sunny days, just some more daylight. I'm starting to feel like a night owl :)

I agree with you, and this is one of the good things when you're playing on PC: You can use the Simple Native Trainer to change day of time (and even set the game to real-time, e.i one minute in real-life is one minute ingame).

Imagine to use it in GTA V: you'll be able to cruise on your motorbike in the sunset without having to worry that the sunset is gone in a minute or two.

CasualSergiu
  • CasualSergiu

Cliché

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 4 days ago Edited by CasualSergiu, 4 days ago.

Liberty City has been a dark place for a while now. For example, take IV and III (main series entries). LCS is before it started getting so polluted and filled with weird kinds, y'know. Advance couldn't use weather effects.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users