Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone think flight school is waaay too hard at first?

278 replies to this topic
X S
  • X S

Miss LS Organizer

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

Is it worth going for all gold medals right now? Just completing flight school was tough enough for me. Are people who get all golds going to get something special in an upcoming update? 

I will definitely say it made me a much better pilot.  There were many players who were used to flying planes, and therefore, a lot of the challenges came more easily to them.  But for those of us who rarely used planes, it was pretty difficult.

For example, I had a lot of experience with the Buzzard, and so I was able to get gold on that challenge after only 2 attempts.  Further, after gaining a little more experience with with jets in free-roam, I was able to go back to the jet-related challenges and eventually gold them out.

Bottom line, it helps you improve.  If it was easy for you, then you know where your flying skills stand.

• Roronoa Zoro likes this

KayTheMagnificent
  • KayTheMagnificent

Hello Kitty Cowgirl

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:48 PM

I tried the flight school for five minutes, got bored, gave up.

Genuinely, is it worth sitting through it? do you get anything other than a T shirt? is it actually fun? 

Stoney0503
  • Stoney0503

Buster, Straight Buster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:41 PM

Genuinely, is it worth sitting through it? do you get anything other than a T shirt? is it actually fun? 

Nope, Nope and Nope.

CrysisAverted
  • CrysisAverted

Formerly Sh4d0wX32111

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:11 AM

If you're interesting in proving your grit, do it, also by the end of it (assuming you get gold on everything) you can score yourself a cool 150k

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Now I have a Hydra ho ho ho

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 06 September 2014 - 12:27 AM

235k I thought.

It's worth doing if you find it fun and not if you don't. That's kinda how video games work...

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Big Homie

• Members
  • Tokelau

Posted 06 September 2014 - 04:07 AM

Is it worth going for all gold medals right now? Just completing flight school was tough enough for me. Are people who get all golds going to get something special in an upcoming update? 

I will definitely say it made me a much better pilot.  There were many players who were used to flying planes, and therefore, a lot of the challenges came more easily to them.  But for those of us who rarely used planes, it was pretty difficult.

For example, I had a lot of experience with the Buzzard, and so I was able to get gold on that challenge after only 2 attempts.  Further, after gaining a little more experience with with jets in free-roam, I was able to go back to the jet-related challenges and eventually gold them out.

Bottom line, it helps you improve.  If it was easy for you, then you know where your flying skills stand.

Thanks for the input. I just got gold for Collect Flags, and now I finally have all gold medals.  :D

Roronoa Zoro
  • Roronoa Zoro

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:26 AM Edited by Roronoa Zoro, 06 September 2014 - 10:29 AM.

I golded every single event in 3 tries or less, how is it hard? I wish there were platinum awards, and more events (and some damn gear unlocks?). Too many games get dumbed down for the lowest common denomenator, how about try practicing flying which is the whole point.

Edit to add:
You can put your landing gear down to slow down and gain stability, and it can be very helpful on ones like Ground Control so you can go to 0 meters without worrying about crashing into the ground as much.

Adecool
  • Adecool

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:00 PM

Collecting flag likely isn't that bad as long you you figure out the pattern to do it.   Anyone have any tips for that?

Formation fly... Yeah everything is fine until they start the full flip and half flip, then they suddenly start pulling away with some random speed boost for no reason..

this is the exact problem i'm having. 

The Actual Kid
  • The Actual Kid

*max fat* "You're lookin' too skinny, CJ!"

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:45 PM

Collecting flag likely isn't that bad as long you you figure out the pattern to do it.   Anyone have any tips for that?

Formation fly... Yeah everything is fine until they start the full flip and half flip, then they suddenly start pulling away with some random speed boost for no reason..

this is the exact problem i'm having. 

Just pull up the moment you hit the flip checkpoint. Wait any longer and you'll screw up the loop.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users