967 replies to this topic
livejoker
  • livejoker

Has-Been

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by livejoker, 4 weeks ago.

Quickly popping in to say the meet has been pushed ONE HOUR so it will be at:

4PM PDT//5PM MDT//6PM CDT//7PM EDT//12AM BST (Midnight)//2AM EEST (Sat.)//9AM AEST (Sat.)//11AM NZDT (Sat.)

This is TONIGHT!!! Don't be shy! Tons of pictures and, maybe, if the group is good, a Youtube video. I'm not making promises but it's a possibility!
===================================================================================================================
Meet done! Thanks to those that showed up. Feedback & Pics to be posted within the week. A video as well...maybe.

livejoker
  • livejoker

Has-Been

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

sV9p8sa.jpg

Garage Wars 7...man, it's hard to believe there's been 7 of these. Real life always finds a way to mess your plans. Pair that up with laziness and growing older and you got the perfect recipe for not wanting to host car meets as much as you used to. I've seen many hosts ditch the car meet scene but people come and go as they'll filled in the empty slots so it's natural to step out of the scene and take a backseat. I really hope I can keep the Garage Wars concept alive as it's still my favorite way of doing car meets. The no-host approach of letting players set the cruising speed, seeing so many cars in one meet (whole garages worth!) and just the banter overall...it's an amazing way to forget about your problems and worries even for an hour or two at a time.

This Garage Wars was great considering I've been out of the loop for so long! I picked it up easily and players, such as Maxxi (most notably) kept everything going smoothly and keeping those conversations going. A host can only be as great as his attendees and those that showed up didn't disappoint. I really didn't want the event to end! So a ton of cars and a ton of banter. What more can you ask for? Oh, there is a video at the bottom of this post that I've worked on for 3 days (any time I had was put to it). I'm not too stoked on how it came out and some shots had to be swapped as the Insurgent from the start wrecked a lot of car windows/bumper scratches (firing that gun made some AI cars go crazy). That's my only complaint about having an Insurgent show up but at this point in the car meet scene I'll take having fun over pretty pictures.

I hope you enjoy this post! I will try to pop in here once in a while to host impromptu events and keep some activity going. Thank you to everyone that showed up and made that night amazing.

Best pictures below, rest in spoiler. Garage Winners (winning car from each player) in its own spoiler.

h56ERLPjsUeeqF9YU3t06A_0_0.jpg

3loQ330Lk0qGoCrZNK1dIA_0_0.jpg

elGbsqnD6EedjYPXm8uaeQ_0_0.jpg

AsWeOaOAS0SIdsc8JVKusQ_0_0.jpg

Garage Winners:

Spoiler

Pics:
Spoiler

• Grumpy-Goat-, outkast_ryder, PoisonedGas and 2 others like this

PoisonedGas
  • PoisonedGas

Remember to square your shoulders

• Van Society
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

That video was actually really good tbh
  • livejoker and outkast_ryder like this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

Guardian of the Light

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

For what the event was play-wise, your pics and video are spot on with how much fun it was for everyone to get together. I am amazed by what you shot here.

big MILLS 304WV
  • big MILLS 304WV

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Vid looks good. Made me want to make one again. Seeya at GW8

outkast_ryder
  • outkast_ryder

GT: OutkastRyder

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by outkast_ryder, 2 weeks ago.

OMG! This thread came alive and i feel so nostalgic... Tick that video was straight up BOSS! I love it... Reminds me of the days where your Meets were not to be missed and the fun Minigames. (tear rolls down face) Good times with great friends and one awesome host! Look forward to the next one and hope to make it.

TheFoot743
  • TheFoot743

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

There an upcoming meet?

livejoker
  • livejoker

Has-Been

• Van Society
  • None
  • Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hey guys thanks for the interest! I'll definitely cook something up, something real basic like a car meet but may throw in a minigame at the end. I'll drop some info soon once I get a day pinned down.

• outkast_ryder likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users