//Tick's Car Meets & Pics Thread//

XB1 360
953 replies to this topic
livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:55 PM Edited by livejoker, 10 April 2016 - 04:12 AM.

***Currently Closed***
*When posting, please confirm you have a mic & understand the theme*
Welcome to...
aexwjl.jpg

With an increase in players looking for something different out of GTA:O, many turn to car meets. Car meets are popular in racing games such as Forza and offer something unique that no other form of activity can copy. The feeling of a good car meet is splendid; where people are relaxed yet attentive and everyone in the lobby is like a childhood friend. Now I understand how overwhelming it may seem to join a popular car meet where the host is well known and is usually part of a crew that's holding these meets to actually recruit. This isn't that at all. I'm known for my feedback and pictures but trust me when I say that I am just like you, that this isn't to recruit you and such. You sign up, you attend, you enjoy. There are a few rules to follow, though:

Rules:
- a mic will be required. No Kinect mics.
- sexism/racism/general hateful insults will not be tolerated.
- while this is a laid-back type of event, everyone must behave themselves.
- players joining on the intend of trolling/killing others/blowing up cars will be blacklisted from future events.
============================================================
How to Join:
This post will be edited and will always show all details of the next car meet in the Car Meet Information section. That way you can avoid reading all this gibberish next time and get the information quickly and effectively. You can only join by posting in this topic. Any Xbox LIVE messages I receive will be ignored. You must state that you own a mic and understand the theme (if there's any) when posting. People who join regularly may be told to sit out for a meet or two and let others join so everyone gets a chance to experience a car meet but I try to accommodate everyone may it be a regular or a stranger - I welcome you all.
Definition of a Car Meet:
A car meet, by GTA:O standards, is puzzling. Some meets have you parked in a parking lot for 40 minutes with everyone bringing their whole garage over while other meets have players cruise around the map. A car meet, at its most basic point, is where a group of cars meet one another. While this thread is called a car meet, we will be cruising around the map, having races/drag races and I'll try to include special requirements such as...who can get to a certain location first and rob the store or who can do 5 laps around the inside of the prison and reach Paleto Bay first with the police chasing them. I also hold Minigame Night where we play minigames, tons of fun for all!
Posting Pictures & Videos:
I've had the opportunity to be showcased in video form by different players such as Arctic Yuki, steve dogg 51, Yello Cactus and OutkastRyder as well as most attendees posting great pictures! I encourage all to post pictures as they're a great way to look back at the good times. I will always post pictures of every meet I host - for those to remember or see what they've missed. Posts have a limit on how many pictures it can hold (40 pictures per post) and car meets may have more than 40 pictures. Each car meet date will be noted at the bottom of the page along with the post number of this topic they appear on to view the pictures of that meet. Pictures will always be linked to the post as it makes it easier to find a particular meet.
Voting/Judging Contest & My View on "Worst of Show":
Voting will be present in most of my meets as it's a great way to encourage players to bring out beautiful cars. Voting categories will typically be specific instead of generalized as I hate voting in meets with categories that weren't thought of before the meet. One thing that's angering me about some car meets is how hosts believe having a "worst of show" category is acceptable. Not only is this selfish and ego-boosting but it is a form of public humiliation for the owner of that car. Unless the owner wants to win that category and has set out to make his car the ugliest possible, of course. To vote a car "worst of show" is to agree that all cars at the meet are near perfect and one is the ugly duckling. I will never promote "worst of show" and none of my meets will feature this theme. It's ruining the car meet community. Imagine a new player joining his first meet and joins a meet that doesn't have that category - he might go on to host his own meets from being inspired. Now imagine him joining a meet and his car gets voted "worst of show". He'll question his taste and be doubtful to join car meets in the future. I've got no respect for anyone promoting this.
Offroad All Stars & The Van Society:
I've held meets on the Xbox 360 for so long and I've always done the hard work by myself. Now on the Xbox One, I've joined up with the Offroad All Stars crew which was created by fellow hosts and friends which was featured on the R* newswire featuring their "Around The Map" events. I've also paired myself up with The Van Society which won multiple forum awards and Retired Mafia, the founder, is a very good friend of mine. While I've always supported the idea of a meet thread that was free of recruiting (which I still do), I'll be hosting meets from time to time that will be exclusive to those two crews. Anyone that enjoys my meets are welcomed to check out the Offroad All Stars (link coming soon!) and The Van Society. Meets held in either crew name will feature special minigames and themes that Tick's Car Meets will use later on so no one is missing out if they choose to ignore the crew invites. Those in either crew can also host their own meet which I'll surely attend!
Knowing Your Host (a little bit about me):
My Xbox LIVE gamertag is DignifiedTick and I used to be part of a small yet focused group called DigitalAllStars. We spawned from the F3CC (Forza 3 Cruise Club) forums after some members made a dispute with the staff. The staff decided to make a fresh start and DigitalAllStars (DAS) was born. While it isn't active anymore, to this day I still get messages of people that see our stuff on Youtube (which, I'll be honest isn't the best stuff there is but then again it is 5+ years old - look it up!). I've hosted many cruises and I know what makes a good cruise and a bad cruise. While my experience is within the Forza world, I feel capable of doing GTA:O cruises. We'll be taking pictures where most people in car meets usually don't go to and do events most people don't usually think of. But there's a lot of creative hosts out there and I'm constantly amazed by their ideas. I know my stuff but I still have lots to learn. We all do.
Videos & What Else To Expect:

Spoiler

Car Meet Information:

Platform:
Xbox One

Date:

Theme:

Slots:
1--DignifiedTick (host)
2--
3--
4--
5--
6--
7--
8--
9--
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-

Extras:
1-
2-

Forgotten Veteran Heroes Of All Time List:
1-

*When posting, you must add that you own a mic to prove you've read this post and to notify the host that you do own a mic. Anyone not saying they own a mic will be ignored*

*Invites are sent out 5-10 minutes before the meeting time. Anyone not in the lobby by the meeting time will be replaced by those on the Extras list. Extras can expect an invite (if any spots are available) 1-5 minutes after the meeting time.*
=============================================================
Blacklist:

Spoiler

Warned List:
Spoiler

Car Meet Pictures/Links:
Spoiler

Recommended Hosts:
Spoiler

Tick's Agenda/Upcoming Meets To Watch!
Spoiler

*Do you enjoy my meets? Please give this post a like or drop a comment! It honestly motivates me to keep doing these meets!*

• BKSxTrOnIcZz, PatG, 8up local and 15 others like this

fgvf
  • fgvf

sexier than you

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

yooooo im in and youknow i got a mic

• livejoker likes this

THE DERTE 1
  • THE DERTE 1

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

*like button. This dude's legit. Always a good time rollin with Tick. I like the blacklist. Frowned on, or not, the trolls should be put on blast. These meets are for getting together to chill and cruise/race whatever. It's also pretty prevalent from people's meet posts; they don't want to deal with killing and blowing up sh*t. I for one will be paying attention to the trolls and will add them to the blacklist as I come across them. May even make a separate thread for a blacklist
  • livejoker and fgvf like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

Derte, you in for this one?

I'll be adding to the blacklist only people that attend my meets so I can see, first hand, they are players with bad intentions.

chrisjtho
  • chrisjtho

duck sick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:31 AM Edited by chrisjtho, 19 August 2014 - 02:30 AM.

Count me in on the next one (it'll probably be my last). I'm not entirely sure if I have plans on Friday, but I can't miss it :)

For the sake of the thread, I got a mic  :^:

THE DERTE 1
  • THE DERTE 1

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:32 AM

Sadly, no. That's the middle of the workday for me. I'm 2 hours behind you. I was talking trolls/griefers from anybody's meets. May have to just make a thread all it's own
  • livejoker likes this

KamGill
  • KamGill

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:39 AM

Count me in and my friend. My gt: LiL GiLL 23 and my friends gt: Bacardi 750ml

Eightsix Trueno
  • Eightsix Trueno

Ridiculous Camber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:44 AM

Me please? GT: Eightsix Trueno                   yes i have a mic

Slime5
  • Slime5

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:57 AM

I have a mic, and ill admit i have blown up cars at meets but never on purpose. Gt: slime5555

Unmisterious
  • Unmisterious

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

Ive got a mic, add me on the 22nd.

• livejoker likes this

OverdueBills
  • OverdueBills

Hamburglar

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:18 AM

Gt: Overdue Bills

Hosted a few car meets and I am very reputable in the community to hosting calm and relaxing meets. I'd be honored to join in on your meets man. Please add me to the list.
  • livejoker likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:21 AM Edited by livejoker, 19 August 2014 - 01:22 AM.

Count me in and my friend. My gt: LiL GiLL 23 and my friends gt: Bacardi 750ml

You did not mention if you have a mic, which I said in my post you needed to do to be added.

I have a mic, and ill admit i have blown up cars at meets but never on purpose. Gt: slime5555

If you blow up cars once on purpose or twice not on purpose, you will be kicked and blacklisted. Just behave. :)

Ive got a mic, add me on the 22nd.

Mister, I'll add you in but please behave this time. I won't repeat myself like I did.

Gt: Overdue Bills

Hosted a few car meets and I am very reputable in the community to hosting calm and relaxing meets. I'd be honored to join in on your meets man. Please add me to the list.

Good to know you're a cool host so you surely know how things work. Added you! :)

• OverdueBills likes this

Kato X91
  • Kato X91

When the sun goes down, the beast comes out

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:24 AM Edited by OakenSphinx91, 19 August 2014 - 02:29 AM.

Im In if theres still space.... mic yes......

livejoker
  • livejoker

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:27 AM

Im In if theres still space

Please mention if you have a mic (which I know you do but it's required by the original post so edit that in your post).
Also, you can see there's space by looking at the list of players at the bottom of the original post.

Come on, it's like you didn't even look at it! :p

Kato X91
  • Kato X91

When the sun goes down, the beast comes out

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:29 AM Edited by OakenSphinx91, 19 August 2014 - 02:30 AM.

Im In if theres still space

Please mention if you have a mic (which I know you do but it's required by the original post so edit that in your post).
Also, you can see there's space by looking at the list of players at the bottom of the original post.

Come on, it's like you didn't even look at it! :p

Just trying to sound like im asking nicely.... lol

• livejoker likes this

Lowered Elite
  • Lowered Elite

Slammed car lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:33 AM Edited by Lowered Elite, 19 August 2014 - 02:33 AM.

If there is still room I would like to join and I have a mic. GT: Demonic Wishes

KamGill
  • KamGill

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

Yes I have a Mic so does my friend.
  • livejoker likes this

JayoMurphy
  • JayoMurphy

N8

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:40 PM Edited by JayoIRL, 19 August 2014 - 12:41 PM.

Gt Jayo1398 and have a mic
  • livejoker likes this

ArcticYuki
  • ArcticYuki

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:22 PM

ill join I will record that as well 

Eightsix Trueno
  • Eightsix Trueno

Ridiculous Camber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:03 AM

What? i didnt make it on the list? Oh well

• livejoker likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:36 AM Edited by livejoker, 20 August 2014 - 02:37 AM.

What? i didnt make it on the list? Oh well

Really sorry, didn't see your post. I've been out of it today.

ill join I will record that as well 

Added you Arctic but you gotta state you got a mic in the future. It sounds pathetic but it's to make sure people read the post and don't just post "invite".

TartarusKeeper
  • TartarusKeeper

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

If you get any meets going, id be glad to join.

Gt - tartaruskeeper

Mic - Yes
  • livejoker likes this

DaNatureBoy74
  • DaNatureBoy74

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:49 AM

Ayo i would love to join any of your upcoming meets . If not Friday the next one or so.

Gt: MR IBN 06
Mic: yes indeed
  • livejoker likes this

Console King 64
  • Console King 64

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

Yo I'm in. I have a Mic and my gt is my name. (Console King 64)
  • livejoker likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

I don't know why but I wrote down 18 spots. Fixed that.

MEET IS FULL! Do not post your gamertag as it will be ignored. I will not accept any gamertags without putting a date for the next meet first.

chrisjtho
  • chrisjtho

duck sick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:19 AM Edited by chrisjtho, 20 August 2014 - 06:30 AM.

Hey Tick. You can open up a spot in the meet bc I'm out that Friday.

Gonna miss cruising with your groups though. You seriously changed my perspective of GTA:O and my summer's been a blast from your meets.

Damn school :(

See you sometime, Tick!

damn it im too deep ;DD

• livejoker likes this

Lowered Elite
  • Lowered Elite

Slammed car lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Sorry guys I will be camping the 22nd so I won't be able to be at the show.

livejoker
  • livejoker

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:39 PM

Damn, are you two going to Brokeback Mountain together or what? :p

Alright, two spots opened.

• chrisjtho likes this

galaxxy vivid
  • galaxxy vivid

Stance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:06 PM

I would like to show my car. Mic yes.
Gt; galaxxy vivid
  • livejoker likes this

KamGill
  • KamGill

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

I have another friend gt: No Faced Killr yes he does have a mic and he is a cooperative player so I know this is last minute but if you could get him on the list it'd be much appreciated! :)
  • livejoker likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users