» «
Photo

GTA SA Mod Optimization?

8 replies to this topic
purgedaccount365
  • purgedaccount365

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:38 PM Edited by Macrocious, 18 August 2014 - 09:52 PM.

I've been wanting to ask this question for a long time now, and here it is; How do people mod their GTA SA with hundreds of mods but run the game smoothly? I've really been wanting to know the secret, because I watch all of these videos on YouTube with these heavily modded GTA's and they have really low system specifications, lower then mine at least, and from the video it looks like it is running very smooth, and fluently. I don't know how they do this because when I install just a few mods I don't get this "Smooth" experience that they're getting. I don't  even have a lot of mods installed either, so I don't know what the problem is, I have Silent ASI Loader v1.2, Stream Mem Fix, CLEO 4.3, and ModLoader v.1.15, and them are only directory mods to power the actual game mods themselves, here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:

9xTYNgR.png?1

I don't understand why I can't "Optimize" my game, well, my mods. I'm running mods that these people can run without issues on their low end computers, and I have everything up-to-date driver wise so that's not even a problem, I don't have any malicious/viruses, nor do I have any un-needed background programs running. I don't get any lag on BF3, and other demanding games such as DayZ Standalone, etc.. So I don't know honestly why I'm getting lag on game that's from 2004 that has a few little texture mods and directx mods (ENB)... Please, can anyone give me answers?

Dash5155
  • Dash5155

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:03 AM Edited by Dash5155, 19 August 2014 - 09:04 AM.

here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:9xTYNgR.png?1
I don't understand why I can't "Optimize" my game, well, my mods.

Okay here's what I've learned in my years of modding on my... thing. Its god awful. Not even worth calling a PC.

-ENB is a no-no for low end computers, despite what "ENB FER LEW END PEECEE" mods you find, its just not happening. Try ultrathing v0.26 instead. I find it easier that way anyway because the settings can be edited ingame

-Never ever install a car mod with a DFF file larger than 2mb. I mean it's harder to find car mods that fit this criteria because most car mod creators like to make superuubermegaultra detailed vehicles so there's usually a lot more unneeded polygons in them. If you want a list of vehicles I chose inbox me.

-IMVehFT - NO. I dunno what it is but I installed this and notice extreme drops in FPS when at least 3 cars are on the screen.

-Project_2Dfx - NO. Lags galore. Uninstall at once. Not meant for low end PCs.

You can actually take each fix individually. Uninstalling 2dfx and getting lower poly car mods (if you even have car mods) will give you immediate results. Getting rid of ENB and switching to ultrathing may help but that's only if its still at an unplayable level. Uninstalling imvehft (if you have this installed) would only improve performance if you experience lags/hangs when traffic spawns.

Overdose Effects will cause lags too but not as bad as the others. If your lags are still unplayable then simply uninstall that too

Let me know if I was helpful.

purgedaccount365
  • purgedaccount365

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:9xTYNgR.png?1

Okay here's what I've learned in my years of modding on my... thing. Its god awful. Not even worth calling a PC.

-ENB is a no-no for low end computers, despite what "ENB FER LEW END PEECEE" mods you find, its just not happening. Try ultrathing v0.26 instead. I find it easier that way anyway because the settings can be edited ingame

-Never ever install a car mod with a DFF file larger than 2mb. I mean it's harder to find car mods that fit this criteria because most car mod creators like to make superuubermegaultra detailed vehicles so there's usually a lot more unneeded polygons in them. If you want a list of vehicles I chose inbox me.

-IMVehFT - NO. I dunno what it is but I installed this and notice extreme drops in FPS when at least 3 cars are on the screen.

You can actually take each fix individually. Uninstalling 2dfx and getting lower poly car mods (if you even have car mods) will give you immediate results. Getting rid of ENB and switching to ultrathing may help but that's only if its still at an unplayable level. Uninstalling imvehft (if you have this installed) would only improve performance if you experience lags/hangs when traffic spawns.

Overdose Effects will cause lags too but not as bad as the others. If your lags are still unplayable then simply uninstall that too

Let me know if I was helpful.

My computer isn't Low-End. And, fact of matter here isn't that I lag galore, it's that I'm not getting smooth frame rates like I see people on YouTube getting with LOW END PC's compared to my Med-High-END PC.

• Dash5155 likes this

Dash5155
  • Dash5155

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by Dash5155, 19 August 2014 - 07:52 PM.

My mistake. Where does your FPS drop?

My suggestions help get smoother frame rates in itself but it'd be easier to pinpoint the issue if it's directly related to certain issues.

purgedaccount365
  • purgedaccount365

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

My suggestions help get smoother frame rates in itself but it'd be easier to pinpoint the issue if it's directly related to certain issues.

When playing SA-MP I experience a bunch of crashes and game freezes, along with that being said, in Roleplay servers if I'm in towns I experience FPS drops.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Big Homie

• Modding Staff
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:41 PM Edited by TJGM, 19 August 2014 - 11:44 PM.

here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:

Project 2dfx doesn't exactly require a decent computer to run.. my graphics card recently broke and I can't even run CSGO on my current setup, but I can run San Andreas with Project 2dfx at around 50FPS.

If the mod is killing your FPS, its probably because you have the draw distance of objects set to high in the IDE tweaker or the far clip is extremely high in the SA Draw Distance changer.

IMVF also doesn't require a super computer to run, if you get bad FPS with that then I don't know what to say, you're doing something extremely wrong.

When playing SA-MP I experience a bunch of crashes and game freezes, along with that being said, in Roleplay servers if I'm in towns I experience FPS drops.

Does this roleplay server spawn a sh*t ton of cars around the map; specifically in towns? If so, that's most likely the problem. Since vehicles in San Andreas seem to be pretty harsh if you haven't got a great CPU.

Dash5155
  • Dash5155

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:57 AM Edited by Dash5155, 20 August 2014 - 07:01 AM.

With an unmodded game, the max FPS I get outside is 27FPS

I think its fair to say my PC is VERY low end. That's how I know which mods produce the slightest lag.

There you go. Play single player and see if it stays stable if so it's SA-MP related. More likely because too many cars/players on screen.

gajrajgchouhan
  • gajrajgchouhan

tommycjnikojohnnyluis fan

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:27 AM

I've been wanting to ask this question for a long time now, and here it is; How do people mod their GTA SA with hundreds of mods but run the game smoothly? I've really been wanting to know the secret, because I watch all of these videos on YouTube with these heavily modded GTA's and they have really low system specifications, lower then mine at least, and from the video it looks like it is running very smooth, and fluently. I don't know how they do this because when I install just a few mods I don't get this "Smooth" experience that they're getting. I don't  even have a lot of mods installed either, so I don't know what the problem is, I have Silent ASI Loader v1.2, Stream Mem Fix, CLEO 4.3, and ModLoader v.1.15, and them are only directory mods to power the actual game mods themselves, here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:

9xTYNgR.png?1

I don't understand why I can't "Optimize" my game, well, my mods. I'm running mods that these people can run without issues on their low end computers, and I have everything up-to-date driver wise so that's not even a problem, I don't have any malicious/viruses, nor do I have any un-needed background programs running. I don't get any lag on BF3, and other demanding games such as DayZ Standalone, etc.. So I don't know honestly why I'm getting lag on game that's from 2004 that has a few little texture mods and directx mods (ENB)... Please, can anyone give me answers?

There computer seems to runnung gta sanandreas perfectly as they use fraps 

mine gta sa runs at 40 fps but in videio recorded by frpas it runs on 60 fps that all is happening because of fraps

purgedaccount365
  • purgedaccount365

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

here's all of my actual "Mods" that make a difference in game:

Project 2dfx doesn't exactly require a decent computer to run.. my graphics card recently broke and I can't even run CSGO on my current setup, but I can run San Andreas with Project 2dfx at around 50FPS.

If the mod is killing your FPS, its probably because you have the draw distance of objects set to high in the IDE tweaker or the far clip is extremely high in the SA Draw Distance changer.

IMVF also doesn't require a super computer to run, if you get bad FPS with that then I don't know what to say, you're doing something extremely wrong.

Does this roleplay server spawn a sh*t ton of cars around the map; specifically in towns? If so, that's most likely the problem. Since vehicles in San Andreas seem to be pretty harsh if you haven't got a great CPU.

I'll try out singleplayer, but yes the RP servers I play on usually are packed and what not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users