Welcome to the Miss Los Santos Contest of 2014!
Old information concerning Judges & Submissions
Firstly, I'd like to thank our initial host, streetsoflossantos, for developing the original concept; without him and his original submissions thread, this would not have come to fruition.
Now, let's get down to basics. To be fair, the contest will be structured in a manner that provides fair exposure to each and every submission. With the use of input from several members, we've come to the conclusion that the previous attempt to collect submissions should and will not go to waste. Therefore, the original thread will be considered for entries. In order to ensure equal exposure for each submission, the first round of voting will be conducting by a panel of judges. Judges will have an opportunity to apply using this thread. Not only would it be preferable to have judges that have an interest in the contest, but also it would be preferable to have judges that are active on the forums. Judges, however, will not be allowed to make a submission to the contest for obvious reasons.
- Apply using this thread
- The first 10 judges applicable will be chosen
- Would prefer 5 judges minimum, but no more than 10
- Each judge should preferably place a new banner in their signature for contest exposure
For the "Ladies":
- You can use the original thread OR this thread to make your submission
- Please, no more than 5 pictures
- Creativity and presentation will be considered, but it is not indicative of your overall submission
- Original Submissions Thread: http://gtaforums.com...st-submissions/
1. Submissions will end Sept. 1st (Willing to extend this date if needed)
2. Top 10 finalists will be showcased in a new thread, and users will vote for their favorite using the Forum Poll system
3. Top 5 finalists will be showcased in a new thread, and users will vote for their favorite using the Forum Poll system
4. Top 3 finalists will be showcased in a FINAL thread, and users will vote for their favorite using the Forum Poll system
5. The top 3 respective finalists will be win as 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners.
Final Round of Top 5 has Started!
Vote Here for the Final Round of Top 5
Results from Preliminary Round
Let me start off by saying, this was probably the most difficult part of the contest, but we appreciate everyone’s support and enthusiasm during the wait. There were so many great submissions (115 total) that some of the Judges and I ended up adding over 20 of the needed entries on our ballots. However, only the Top 10 entries will have an opportunity to further compete. As for our remaining contestants, thank you all for your excellent submissions! I hope that you might continue to show the same support and enthusiasm for our Top 10 members that was earlier bestowed upon everyone during the preliminary stage.
Now, on to our finalists! Listed below are the Top 20 contestants, but only the Top 10 will move on to Round 1. So, congratulations to those who made it! I will be reaching out to each of you via PM. All I ask is that each finalist respond within a reasonable amount of time. This will confirm that you are an active member, ready to strut his or her stuff….. figuratively, of course.
For those of you who do not respond within a reasonable amount of time, I will have no choice but to award our runner-ups with a position to compete. Once I receive responses from our Top 10, we will begin Round 1 in a new thread.
Please give a round of applause for all of our contestants!
And let's not forget our great Judges who did such a great job! They will remain to have authority and voting rights in the cases of any ties moving on.
1. Crossed Sabres
Information concerning Voting during Preliminary Round
Voting for Preliminary Round
Let me just start off by saying that the responses from the community have been overwhelming! Thank you all to those who participated! The next few days will probably be the hardest part, but once we've sorted it out, everything should be all downhill from here!
Our judges have been tasked with making some very difficult decisions, and unfortunately, not everyone will make it. Therefore, we have structured the process in such a way that it allows us as Judges to make fair and impartial judgments while continuing to be selective and subjective in our deliberations. The process is structured as follows:
1. Judges are assigned the task of choosing 20 of there favorite submissions (about 20 to 25 percent of the total submissions)
2. Judges must order these 20 entries from 1 to 20
3. Judges will take into account facial aesthetics, style, presentation and creativity
4. All of above are completely within the discretion of each individual Judge
5. Ballots will be collected and tallied
6. If Judge A ranks Character X in 1st place, Character X receives 20 points
7. If Judge B ranks Character X in 20th place, Character X receives 1 point for a total of 21 points
8. In the event of a tie for 10th places, Judges will further deliberate the tie breaker in a similar manner
9. The remaining 10 of 20 contestants will be considered "Runner-Ups"
Our hope is that this system will create a large enough discrepancy in point totals for each contestant. Once a final 10 is chosen, I will reach out to each of them to let them know they've made it to the next round. If, however, I do not receive a response within a sufficient amount of time, I will drop their entry and a runner-up will take his or her position. Point being, we would like to avoid offering prizes to non-active members. All Judge ballots should take no longer than a week. If there's any further concerns, please PM me.
- 1st place will win $1,250,000 in GTA cash. 2nd and 3rd place winners will each win $200,000.
- All of the remaining Round dates are tentative at the moment
- Rules are flexible in terms of valued input from community
- Submissions Closed
- Round 1 of Top 10 Information posted
- Results posted
- Round 1 Voting has begun
- Final Round of voting has begun
For submissions looking for exposure, I have provided the following banners for forum signatures.