that spinning black box..

18 replies to this topic
iheartlondon1969
  • iheartlondon1969

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

here me out on this.. im sure its been discussed to death but whatever (huge bong rip).. 

ok, i know we don't have a jetpack in game. yet. but i was thinking about this.

I remember seeing a video about someone glitching under the map and going to fort zancudo. they flew around for a bit an saw a spinning black box under an elevator or some sh*t. thats where that green ufo beam shines down at a certain time.. after seeing that video i saw it mentioned here on the forums, saying it was just the spinning animation for the ufo that flies above it. (another bong rip) NOW im thinking..thats bullsh*t.. i just watched a video on the chiliad mystery; flying under the mountain and stuff. OK now remember there's a ufo up there two! but no spinning black box anywhere in sight..... could that spinning black box at zancudo of been an unrendered jet pack?

i'm totally sorry guys for spelling, grammar, whatever.. i'm absolutely baked beyond comprehension 

• dead goon, paulmgrath, godziller and 1 other like this

modnation
  • modnation

Like this post for chop

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

seems legit

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

So... you really like weed huh?

• iheartlondon1969 and DriveLikeAViking like this

VinnyIrish
  • VinnyIrish

Diplomats

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

Pass the bong this way.
  • iheartlondon1969 likes this

iheartlondon1969
  • iheartlondon1969

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

tumblr_mfrfrimAJ81r5zq6ao5_400.gif

but on topic guys, what are your thoughts on that? it just so happens there a spinning blacked out box under zancudo but not anywhere else?

• juantrapriguez likes this

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 18 August 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Spinning black box eh... That video would help in the speculation. Can u find the link?

I think if it was anywhere in the game modders would have pulled it out if the game files by now. The box could be the location of it when it's added but right now. It's no where on the game disc itself.

And weed is good mmmm'kay

iheartlondon1969
  • iheartlondon1969

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:56 PM Edited by SlammedSultanRS, 18 August 2014 - 05:57 PM.

Spinning black box eh... That video would help in the speculation. Can u find the link?

And weed is good mmmm'kay

heres the spinning black box.

heres the chiliad video i was watching

i wouldnt waste your time watching the whole thing like i did. there wasnt a spinning black box under chiliad. 

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

tumblr_mfrfrimAJ81r5zq6ao5_400.gif

but on topic guys, what are your thoughts on that? it just so happens there a spinning blacked out box under zancudo but not anywhere else?

So do I... but it doesn't give me orgasms, lol.

Anyway, I think you might be right. Could be some scrapped content, Jetpack seems plausible because you got it from the military base in San Andreas too.

Luvythicus
  • Luvythicus

Pugman Luvy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

I, uh... Well, at least one part seems very legit...

The, uh... Baked part, that is.

Kohr-Ah
  • Kohr-Ah

The Wanderer

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

OP, OP, OP! Calm down, bruh.

http://gtaforums.com...anings/page-450

In this very thread you will find 400+ pages of mystery related BS. None of it goes anywhere.

Hope I crushed your hopes and dreams!

Ta-ta!

iheartlondon1969
  • iheartlondon1969

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

OP, OP, OP! Calm down, bruh.

http://gtaforums.com...anings/page-450

In this very thread you will find 400+ pages of mystery related BS. None of it goes anywhere.

Hope I crushed your hopes and dreams!

Ta-ta!

you crushed them like my fat exgirlfriends dream of owning hostess.   :[ haha

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

I don't think OP likes weed as much as he says he does.

iheartlondon1969
  • iheartlondon1969

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

I don't think OP likes weed as much as he says he does.

DAFUQ-you-talking-ws7ujs.gif

• rawkus0815a likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Look Deep In My Eyes As I Touch You

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Hey dood, maybe, like, that ufo, like, appears out of thin air only when it's 420.
DOOOOOOOD! I just cracked the code! We gotta blaze it UP. We need a blazer and go to Mt.Chiliad when it's 4:20 in-game.
Next up, we should figure out why there's 10 mcnuggets but sometimes there's 11. Like, whoa, dood, why is there an extra one? Where did it come from?

• sh0tyme, tjor24 and Choppers like this

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

Even though i don't smoke but my character does so pass the bong right over this way bro. :)

Contrasting
  • Contrasting

Merryweather IMF

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

Pretty sure i read somewhere it's just the texture base(?) of the ufo that's directly above it in the sky. 

iheartlondon1969
  • iheartlondon1969

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

Pretty sure i read somewhere it's just the texture base(?) of the ufo that's directly above it in the sky. 

this is exactly what im talking about! its not present in any other ufo location. just under that elevator room or whatever it is.

Rented
  • Rented

San Andreas Rewind Lead Developer

• The Connection
  • England

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:52 AM

I think it has to do something with the UFO. From my point of view(as some one who worked on all GTAs from III to IV excluding GTA Advance). All objects have multiple LODs (Level of detail)the first one is a very detailed model that you see when you're up close then as you go further away from it the model will change into a lower poly version of itself until it completely disappears(usually after 200 meters) unless it's something large like a building in that case it gets replaced by a "super LOD" defined in the .ipl (GTA III, VC & San Andreas) or .wpl/.xpl(GTA IV & GTA V) The se text documents contain the model name, texture, cords, rotation, the mentioned visibility range, etc. If the model is not assigned to a super LOD then it won't be visible only if the player is in the defined range(usually 200) so the UFO would not be visible unless the range is bigger(let's say 800m) which would mean that it would be visible from all directions in that 800 as it would be a ball of area that would draw the object. Making it visible from all directions would lead to FPS drops so the only way of doing it would be to link it with another object on the ground. That being said I don't think R* would use this methood as it is a bit unprofessional. I think the box generates the lights on the bunker as the RAGE engine uses dynamic lights over ALPHA textures which has to have a starting point...(Sorry if I wasn't clear enough it's 3 Am I'm really tired maybe I will explain it tomorrow with pictures)

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"I command thy castle hounds, kick Uru's ass..."

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

I think it has to do something with the UFO. From my point of view(as some one who worked on all GTAs from III to IV excluding GTA Advance). All objects have multiple LODs (Level of detail)the first one is a very detailed model that you see when you're up close then as you go further away from it the model will change into a lower poly version of itself until it completely disappears(usually after 200 meters) unless it's something large like a building in that case it gets replaced by a "super LOD" defined in the .ipl (GTA III, VC & San Andreas) or .wpl/.xpl(GTA IV & GTA V) The se text documents contain the model name, texture, cords, rotation, the mentioned visibility range, etc. If the model is not assigned to a super LOD then it won't be visible only if the player is in the defined range(usually 200) so the UFO would not be visible unless the range is bigger(let's say 800m) which would mean that it would be visible from all directions in that 800 as it would be a ball of area that would draw the object. Making it visible from all directions would lead to FPS drops so the only way of doing it would be to link it with another object on the ground. That being said I don't think R* would use this methood as it is a bit unprofessional. I think the box generates the lights on the bunker as the RAGE engine uses dynamic lights over ALPHA textures which has to have a starting point...(Sorry if I wasn't clear enough it's 3 Am I'm really tired maybe I will explain it tomorrow with pictures)

I got it loud and clear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users