Quantcast

» «
Photo

what where some of the mistakes you seen other players make?

49 replies to this topic
SteveNYC81
  • SteveNYC81

One Shot One Kill

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:30 PM Edited by SteveNYC81, 18 August 2014 - 09:31 PM.

One particular mistake I still make to this day on occasion is when I'm sniping on one of the lower roofs on Arcadia. I'm sure quite a few of you have done this one, when you get to the edge to try and get someone, who's trolling around the base looking for you. I'm pretty good at edging myself, but sometimes I take one step too many, and then I take a header down to street level. Everytime that happens I always seem not to have a parachute in my inventory lol.

TwisterVictor1
  • TwisterVictor1

Agent Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

In the mission Sinking Feeling, I've seen people drive right into the first group of enemies and dying seconds later.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

I noticed that a very common mistake that players make is when they are being griefed by someone in a jetfigher. They dont turn off their headlights when trying to get away in a car. The headlights makes it a lot easier for the jetfighter pilot to see where their car is.

Not many people running from jets know this so I will share. Cars have brakes, jets do not. If you slam the brakes then the jet will fly by.
but I will get you eventually. Probably within a couple passes. A good pilot will quickly wise up to this.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

I noticed that a very common mistake that players make is when they are being griefed by someone in a jetfigher. They dont turn off their headlights when trying to get away in a car. The headlights makes it a lot easier for the jetfighter pilot to see where their car is.

Not many people running from jets know this so I will share. Cars have brakes, jets do not. If you slam the brakes then the jet will fly by.

jets do have breaks.   Plus all they've got to really do is is point the plane up and they basically stay in place.

How do you shoot a car when your nose is pointing up? Also learn to quote. 
when you stop, pilot flies srtaight up acting as brakes, then come down at you from a high steep angle and there's not much you can do. Steep angle attacks from high up is also my solution for mini gunners, snipers, and tanks.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Tokelau

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

People trying to spin others out in races. It hardly works, and most of the time, they end up in a worse position than their victim.

Not being alert in places popular with griefers, such as Eclipse Towers or the Rockford Hills LSC.

Not checking the minimap.

Trusting people they just met.

Going AFK while not in passive mode.

huckmonkey
  • huckmonkey

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:57 PM Edited by huckmonkey, 18 August 2014 - 09:57 PM.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

Morons standing in the green crate circles thus ensuring the crate never drops.

i admit i've done that (more then once). :(

Contrasting
  • Contrasting

Merryweather IMF

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

Not knowing the difference between "where" or "we're" reminds me of some episodes of Judge Judy where instead of using the word "lend" they use the word "borrowed" as in "they borrowed the money to me".

Also not using capital "I" although I'll accept using the incorrect "I". Not using full stops or comma's when there should be one.

The past tense of "lend" is "lent". So you're wrong as well.

Fearx--
  • Fearx--

The Shape

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

Driving the boat on to the piece of land that sticks out in Diamonds are for Trevor. He literally had enough time to react and he drove into anyway. Noobie level 20s.

DeezyGaming
  • DeezyGaming

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

Being in my line of sight head shoots all day!

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

"what where some of the mistakes you seen other players make?"

Messing with me.
- Every member of GTA Forums

• Inkytwig likes this

Contrasting
  • Contrasting

Merryweather IMF

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

Two noobs trying to take my Stinger into lsc. I dropped it off infront of them with my cargobob.

Sh4d0wX32111
  • Sh4d0wX32111

Strawhat

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:11 AM

Shoot me unprovoked

Dsquared513
  • Dsquared513

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:25 AM

Destroying things in missions. Most lower level randoms I played with didn't know that crashing Rons plane in Base Invaders fails the mission. Or they blow up the GPS car in Los Santos Connection, can't you read the instructions on the screen? Or someone in a buzzard blows up the equipment in Chopper tail, or bus in bust out, or cargobob in base invaders, or coke in Los santos connection, etc etc etc. That and not knowing to use the forklift on the docks to stocks missions to get the container out, I've seen at least a dozen people blow up the cargobob trying to fly underneath and pick it up.

Trashdog2000
  • Trashdog2000

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:21 AM

Low levels who shoot at more skilled high levels
Attacking players in a group
Not diving away when seeing four red dots in one car
Accidentally jumping of the building when sniping
Trying to spin out someone in a race and missing causing you to mess up
Going afk in a deathmatch
Destroying things in missions like the documents or coke needed

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

Rolling up on me honking the horn, trying to act all friendly and expecting me not to buss a cap in that ass.  

n00bs doing the reverse shooting in a car with bullet proof rear....that car ain't RPG proof tho.

i tap my horn just to let the other players know i'm friendly.

but they get hostile i'll ether stop and get out and give them lead poisoning or floor it and get out of range.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

by far the most common mistake of all is seeing players try to run people over which virtually never works unless the target is zoomed in sniping and not paying attention at all.  its very easy to kill the driver of an oncoming car and combat roll out of the way and not get hit.  9/10 players who attempt to do so to me fail and most of them try it like 5 times or even more if they are extra dumb, lol!  they dont learn very fast that it doesnt work.

Biker_J
  • Biker_J

Evil Biker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

I saw a level 1 steal my car once, I parked it out front of ammunition so I could get some weapons, came out, he was racing off in my car which looked stock (But wasn't).. so I ejected him.. funniest thing ever when he went flying out of the car. He tried to get back in but I set it to "No One" access level, so I came up, shot him, took my car back, and drove off leaving him confused lol.

• hugh750 likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

jets do have breaks.   Plus all they've got to really do is is point the plane up and they basically stay in place.

How do you shoot a car when your nose is pointing up? Also learn to quote. 
when you stop, pilot flies srtaight up acting as brakes, then come down at you from a high steep angle and there's not much you can do. Steep angle attacks from high up is also my solution for mini gunners, snipers, and tanks.

yea thats a bad plan and wont work against any half decent jet pilot, lol!  the better option is to find a tall building or an overpass or tunnel and keep an eye on the jet and simply drive around the building stayin close to it but away from the corner and the jet will never get you then unless you crash/get stuck or something cause they cannot turn fast enough to catch you then and cant ever get the right angle on you, usually i get out and use my heavy sniper and shoot them a few times and they quickly bugger off to find easier dumber targets to get easy kills on.

I saw a level 1 steal my car once, I parked it out front of ammunition so I could get some weapons, came out, he was racing off in my car which looked stock (But wasn't).. so I ejected him.. funniest thing ever when he went flying out of the car. He tried to get back in but I set it to "No One" access level, so I came up, shot him, took my car back, and drove off leaving him confused lol.

thats a pretty funny story but its not true, the eject players command only works if youre in the car also.  Good try though.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

Shooting my car, especially when I'm in my Dominator when I'm driving past is a silly mistake. I'm going to gun you down repeatedly.

When people make the effort to travel across the map and try and cause trouble with my crew.
You're asking to be shot rolling up on three or more people expecting trouble from idiots.

Another one is when people leave their lights on while being chased.

But the absolute biggest mistake is trying to be friendly to other players. You will be shot in the face despite your non-hostile approach. Ive made this mistake enough times, so have thousands of others.
Bastards.

i had most of those happen to me, when i'm hiding from the cops i cut off my lights and radio but sometimes they find me anyways, them cheaters!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users