» «
Photo

Cities: Skylines

499 replies to this topic
OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 February 2018 - 05:45 PM Edited by OurJud, 22 February 2018 - 05:45 PM.

It's been a long time since I've played but I think you may have other areas zoned for farming/industrial and those might be getting done first.

No, I've started two cities now and I couldn't get any farming to build on either. I had no other districts in place at the time. Could it be the type of land I'm trying to build farms on? When I look at the colour codes in the map, there's forestry, oil and ore, but no zone colour for farming.

Also, I bought another tile of land, but then realised there was hardly any land there. Is it possible to reverse the buying of land tiles? Can't figure out how.

luisniko
  • luisniko

*cue high-pitched sfx "Hooaaaaah! Yahhh!"

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

You can't refund the land you bought.
  • OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:40 AM

I'm sure the 'Not enough uneducated workers' alert is a bug.

Just started a city and my Residential-to-Commercial ratio is about 30:2 in favour of residential, and I'm STILL getting the 'Not enough uneducated workers' alert hovering above my shops. The two zones are practically side by side, so no route problems, and I haven't yet put in any education facilities, so all residents should be uneducated.

I get this all the time. What am I doing wrong, please?

luisniko
  • luisniko

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2018 - 04:12 AM

I'm sure the 'Not enough uneducated workers' alert is a bug.

Just started a city and my Residential-to-Commercial ratio is about 30:2 in favour of residential, and I'm STILL getting the 'Not enough uneducated workers' alert hovering above my shops. The two zones are practically side by side, so no route problems, and I haven't yet put in any education facilities, so all residents should be uneducated.

I get this all the time. What am I doing wrong, please?

Share screenshot of your town.

That "not enough X worker" is a known tricky problem when I tried to research about it last time.

But the most effective way that I followed was to reduce the number of industry. When you reduce it, the Demand bar for Industry will rise. People will look for industrial job and since the amount of it is low in your town, those available industries will have enough (uneducated) workers to hire in the end.
  • OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

Share screenshot of your town.

That "not enough X worker" is a known tricky problem when I tried to research about it last time.

But the most effective way that I followed was to reduce the number of industry. When you reduce it, the Demand bar for Industry will rise. People will look for industrial job and since the amount of it is low in your town, those available industries will have enough (uneducated) workers to hire in the end.

Thanks very much, I'll try that.

As for posting a screenshot, I'm on PS4 and wouldn't know how.

Rotary
  • Rotary

waiting for the new deaf grapes album

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:15 PM

My city just keeps growing, as a downside the loading times for the save game are now around 6 minutes.

You can install the Loading Screen Mod, my loading times are half of what they were before.

marco6158
  • marco6158

whomst

• Daily Globe
  • Italy
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:27 PM Edited by marco6158, 24 February 2018 - 05:27 PM.

I already use it, with 1000 something assets and 38 mods, loading times are quite long even with that mod.

• Rotary likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 February 2018 - 06:06 PM Edited by OurJud, 24 February 2018 - 06:07 PM.

My city just keeps growing, as a downside the loading times for the save game are now around 6 minutes.

You can install the Loading Screen Mod, my loading times are half of what they were before.

When I first started playing this a few days ago I really envied the map sizes PC players had to play around with, until I realised I could buy additional tiles and the map could potentially be 9X as big.

Probably still a fraction the size of PC maps, but more than big enough for me.

marco6158
  • marco6158

whomst

• Daily Globe
  • Italy
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 25 February 2018 - 11:16 AM

9 tiles are more than enough for vanilla maps. For some user created maps the 81 tiles mod is a must though, if you plan to expand quite a lot.

Finally found a way to make my port look decent.

mTzmrZb.jpg

w3JgxWZ.jpg

Completed the second islandon the river too

3rfr9ZP.jpg

• Cosmic Gypsy, OurJud and Noale like this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:04 AM Edited by OurJud, 26 February 2018 - 12:06 AM.

Looks good!

81 tiles! Sheesh that would be too much for me!

I'm still trying to get to grips with this game. Still not built any airports or ports. I tried to build a port on my latest city, but I think I bought the wrong tiles and can't figure out how to put a port in. There's a red line that locks to the point the ships will come in, but it won;t let me put the port anywhere.

I wish they'd done a few things differently. I really don't like the brown land that shows polluted areas - makes the map look ugly. They could still have the pollution issue, but without the ugly brown land.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:08 AM

Looks good!

81 tiles! Sheesh that would be too much for me!

I'm still trying to get to grips with this game. Still not built any airports or ports. I tried to build a port on my latest city, but I think I bought the wrong tiles and can't figure out how to put a port in. There's a red line that locks to the point the ships will come in, but it won;t let me put the port anywhere.

I wish they'd done a few things differently. I really don't like the brown land that shows polluted areas - makes the map look ugly. They could still have the pollution issue, but without the ugly brown land.

There's a mod on the workshop to get rid of polluted grass

• OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:44 AM

There's a mod on the workshop to get rid of polluted grass

Thanks, but I'm PS4.

luisniko
  • luisniko

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:49 AM

You can always edit your land to make proper port for harbor. But that's going to take time, I guess.. I play without mods too on PC and editing the land to make a harbor is just a whack. I did make lakes and water reserve though.

Screenshot on PS4:
- Press Share button (or hold Share button, press Triangle to save screenshot)
- Go to Gallery
- Find the screenshot, press Options, Copy to USB Drive.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:44 AM

You can always edit your land to make proper port for harbor. But that's going to take time, I guess.. I play without mods too on PC and editing the land to make a harbor is just a whack. I did make lakes and water reserve though.

Screenshot on PS4:
- Press Share button (or hold Share button, press Triangle to save screenshot)
- Go to Gallery
- Find the screenshot, press Options, Copy to USB Drive.

Ah, thanks for the screenshot instructions.

I didn't think you could do anything with the land on PS4?? How would I edit it to allow a port? Like I said, the problem is when I was buying the land tiles I choose the ones without water, so even though I have some water, there's no where I can place a port because the link-line doesn't have a route in.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:55 PM Edited by OurJud, 26 February 2018 - 12:57 PM.

Can anyone tell me, on average and for a vanilla 9-tile map, how many landfill sites / incinerators I should need? When my maps grow I always get to a point where I'm having to put landfills far too close to residential and commercial areas.

Not sure if my roads are too convoluted, but I'm getting trashcan icons above mush of my property, even though there are links to the landfills.

Sorry I haven't got round to posting screenshot yet, but I plan to start a new city tonight anyway, so if there are any 'general' dos and don'ts for controlling waste, it would be helpful.

luisniko
  • luisniko

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:35 AM

I didn't think you could do anything with the land on PS4?? How would I edit it to allow a port? Like I said, the problem is when I was buying the land tiles I choose the ones without water, so even though I have some water, there's no where I can place a port because the link-line doesn't have a route in.

It's hard to think that they remove quite a crucial a feature for PS4.

Try looking for an icon with ledge picture. You will then have option to increase-decrease soil, flatten, so on. But if your tile is all soil and there's no natural water resource like river or lake, then I don't think you can make a port. Because by the game's original standard, you need to let the water flow into the place you need water.....

... although, I have an idea that you can try instead and that is by filling it with your drainage water output.

Anyway, I think it'd pointless still if you make a port with trapped water.

Just develop the town the way that it fits to be.
  • OurJud likes this

OurJud
  • OurJud

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 February 2018 - 03:42 PM Edited by OurJud, 27 February 2018 - 03:42 PM.

It's hard to think that they remove quite a crucial a feature for PS4.

Thanks for the tips, but I'm pretty sure terraforming is a feature that didn't get ported over.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:52 PM

I'm not even sure if terraforming was in the PC version when it was released. Pretty sure it came out in a free update somewhere along the lines as i don't remember it when i was playing. 

• OurJud likes this

marco6158
  • marco6158

whomst

• Daily Globe
  • Italy
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:33 PM

My city is growing, although not as quickly as I was hoping for. The city is getting bigger, but I can't get the pupoulation to sky rocket, still sitting at 140000 cims.

Due to this I spent some time in urban renewal of some older areas or districts where there are mainly offices and shops. The city still grew a lot compared to the last time I posted here, so here's some pics!

MdBkJo4.jpg

7zCjpkn.jpg

a0UVLPw.jpg

mFbieyV.jpg

6MhvCv3.jpg

s8y8jaX.jpg

iHtHcUc.jpg

iwJEp7d.jpg

UaejIUS.jpg

gseGAmk.jpg

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:58 PM

Amazing graphics! It would be a neat game if we can mix this with Wargame...

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users