461 replies to this topic
luisniko
  • luisniko

Very Nice Mayor at Cities Skylines

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Bruh...

Can we unlock Airport without DLC or mod? Because I don't think I've seen one.

Coin
  • Coin

I'm the James Bardolph of GTAF smd

• The Yakuza
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted A week ago

They're base game. You can find them under the transport buildings menu. 

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted A week ago

Footpaths are essential for traffic management. In one of my older cities, I divided the apartment blocks with paths that crossed through all the blocks, and led to stations/bus stops/taxi stops/commercial areas. It was nice seeing the absurd amount of people walking through them at any given moment. Really helped reduce traffic in those areas.

Subways too, are a godsend. In my latest city, which I'll take some screenies later when I'm on my desktop, my busiest station sees like 2000 passengers daily. Considering my population is around 40k, that's quite a nice percentage.

• Coin likes this

marco6158
  • marco6158

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Some more pics, after reworking some parts of the main towns in the cities I decided to start building a small towns. This map is quite huge and hopefully I'll be able to fit in many small towns where I can finally make use of some nice inter city trains I downloaded a while ago.

This town is a bit limited with roads and far from the city, so the best way to move here is by using the train. The train goes through a nice scenery before reaching the city, and also makes use of the multi level bridge I've shown a few posts ago.

VZe8bL2.jpgRzp51Gs.jpg

Z6YQmSG.jpg

Map seen from above, both in-game and on CSL

s2Rk76p.png?1

aLITO2j.jpg

• luisniko and Coin like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I'll never reach 36000 populations at this rate. There used to be a major decline, but then suddenly it increased again as I opened the game today. Meanwhile, I was developing a new recreational area, created a lake, and filled it with a couple of fishing spot, parks, botanical garden, and a few shops. It reached 32k and now the number is freefalling again..

marco6158
  • marco6158

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by marco6158, 6 days ago.

Probably some places are missing services and that doesn't let cims move in and they'd rather leave. Check unemployments stats because those are quite important. Or it cuold just be the usual death wave that happens in C:S for some reason every now and then.

Installed again MOM mod (Metro Overhaul Mod), it's an awesome mod and I used it in a previous map of mine. Thought it could be useful in this map since I think it will grow quite a lot. Since this mod makes metro system a bit more complicated metro lines went from 7 metro lines to only 2, using them only for the bigger part of the city since other districts are happy with trains, buses and trams.

z6RCatU.png?1

And some pics of trains moving around, currently 2000+ citizens use trains weekly

SwZvXUL.jpg

1unrzxW.jpg

MZmsoV1.jpg

Noale
  • Noale

OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I built this city back in 2015, but I stopped playing shortly after so I still consider it my best one. I really enjoyed this game and would go back if I wasn't trying out Planet Coaster

C1NVnad.jpg

DOSS7m0.jpg

4mJwLMU.jpg

IZNmmfu.jpg

jOhpYS7.jpg

C8YI5XN.jpg

QFpp1aj.jpg

• Tchuck, marco6158, ARTHUR. and 1 other like this

luisniko
  • luisniko

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago Edited by luisniko, 4 days ago.

^ Did you write those district names yourself in Photoshop or there's a mod to customise the text?

z6RCatU.png?1

Why some of the rails are thicker than the other?

Speaking of which, just continued my progress and built a new district on the river line, filled with high density residences. The population is going up again, hopefully reaches 36k this time to unlock Harbor.

marco6158
  • marco6158

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 4 days ago Edited by marco6158, 4 days ago.

In some places there are 3 railroads close to each other to allow more train traffic near big train stations once I expand the city and more train lines are needed, this is why some railroads are thicker than others
Example near one of the two big train stations:

Spoiler

@Noale That's a very nice city

• Tchuck and Noale like this

Noale
  • Noale

OH HI MARK

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

^ Did you write those district names yourself in Photoshop or there's a mod to customise the text? 

Added in Photoshop.

marco6158
  • marco6158

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Italy
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 2 days ago

Did some rework in the newest part of the city, made things easier for cims and trains. Here's a before/after pic:

til6xc8.png

Close up of the roundabout

24CfQhx.jpg

Another part of the highway is also multi-level. Cargo trains, trains coming from outside the city and train lines inside the city can move around without taking up too much space and it looks nice too.

cPZhFVq.jpg

And a pic of the industrial area and the port since I've never posted a screenshot of it

LMZc9Sl.jpg

• DOUGL4S1 likes this

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted A day ago

Bruh...

Can we unlock Airport without DLC or mod? Because I don't think I've seen one.

Check out Steam Workshop they have some Airport Mods that people created and you can add to the game

https://steamcommuni...ch&section=home

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users