GTA IV PC setup PROBLEMS!

2 replies to this topic
Abuti&Ausi
  • Abuti&Ausi

Player Hater

• New Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

I just bought the GTA IV for PC and have been trying for the past two days to load it onto my laptop.  With my first attempt, the game was properly installed and started just fine, however, it would get stuck on the loading screen displaying all the characters, this would just go on and on.  I then read somewhere that I should try uninstalling the game and trying again, which I did, but now the installing process is giving me trouble.  It gets stuck on the part where it says "Installing C++ component" and wont go any further. I updated GFWL and  signed up to Rockstar what not. Before uninstalling I tried the adding "-availablemem 32" to the properties but this didn't help anything. I also read somewhere that you need to add this to the commandline text file in the GTA folder, but my folder didn't have this text file. Please help

System Specs

Windows 8.1

500GB

2GHz intel Celeron single core

2 GB Ram

Intel HD Graphics

Thank you

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:52 AM

Did you not check the minimum system requirements before purchasing the game? Your PC is not at all capable of running the game. It would be a miracle if it works on your PC. Also, the commandline.txt file has to be manually created and placed in the GTA IV folder after the game has been successfully installed.

I would not recommend wasting your time trying to get the game to install/run on that PC though.

FYI,

Minimum System Requirements:
Windows Vista - Service Pack 1 / XP - Service Pack 3
1.8GHz Intel Core2Duo or 2.4GHz AMD Athlon X2 64
1 GB of RAM (Windows XP) or 1.5 GB of RAM (Windows Vista)
16 GB free hard drive space
256MB NVIDIA 7900 / 256MB ATI X1900

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

GTA IV officially does not support Intel HD Graphics though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users