• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

Not really.

Its amazing
You dont have anything interestingto say
But you still post

I'm just saying I don't have insomnia. I thought I did a while ago but I'm fine now.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:30 AM

I used to have many nights of suffering  and finally get some sleep late, like 4 am. Made me really ill in health. 

But i finally got around it by work out and walking and making my self tired in the mornings. That made me very tired in the night and got over insomnia. 

Here is a fact. Sleep is very important.

I recently came across a video or news that when we didn't sleep sufficient amount of time, our brain behaves like it affected by alcohol, like you are drunk.

To tell you the truth thats how i felt those days when i suffered sleep deprivation. Its reversible but long time sleep deprivation causes damages and tough to reverse. 

If you find that article share please..

May be this video is where i heard that

Here are some important info's.

http://www.cnn.com/2...s-brain-damage/

http://www.cnn.com/2...ep-deprivation/

The Harwood Bitcher
  • The Harwood Bitcher

f*ck YOU

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:35 AM

Thanks for the info bub
And the drunk effect is completely real
Sometimes i dont sleep 2 days in a row and i swear its like being drunk

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:37 AM

I totally agree there, i really felt drunk, but i didn't relate it to feeling like if as i was taking drinks. But sure it did really made my health bad. Now its fine.

But try to sleep at least 7 hours. researches are there.. look into them

The Hippie
  • The Hippie

Non-conformist

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:39 AM

It sure seems like I do. No matter what time I get up in the morning I almost always can't get to sleep until like 2, 3, or 4 in the morning. I find it especially difficult to get to sleep if there is something important planned for the next day. That's the worst because I try to force myself to sleep early but I just end up thinking about tomorrow and laying there all night. It's terrible.

• IveGotNoValues and The Harwood Bitcher like this

SolidSnails
  • SolidSnails

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:48 AM

Hi everyone
All my life i been suffering imsomnia
And no,before you say
Its not the f*cking cellphone im using now
If its not the cellphone it will be another thing that distracts me
Now post my vampire fellas
NOTE:
Ididnt know you could post non-gta related stuff in here

sooo you're saying you didnt know you could post non gta related stuff in the off topic section, And that things distract you and you cant fall asleep. Well i play battlefield late into the night and my sleep schedule is all messed up.....i guess i suffer from iNsomnia not imsomnia.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Dump 2016

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:49 AM

I used to but it went away. Well sort of.

I still go to bed late, but I despise sleeping now so I don't have much issue getting up early. I actually look forward to waking out of my god awful slumber every morning. It's f*cking weird but I'll take it.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

Used to suffer from it but not as much anymore. I usually take some melatonin on those restless night and it relaxes me and quiets my very active mind, allowing me some amazing sleep. It's natural too which is good.

The Harwood Bitcher
  • The Harwood Bitcher

f*ck YOU

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

I know
I should have seen the off topic a long ago
But a distract myself walking ,exercising or jerking off

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

With one of my jobs that required me to start at 4am there were times I couldn't get to sleep until about 2am which made things quite difficult. That was about 5 years ago now.

• The Harwood Bitcher likes this

161isaiah161
  • 161isaiah161

I love cats

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

I suffer from insomnia sometimes due to reasons

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

Only if I'm on meds for depression. For some reasons those ALWAYS have the side effect of causing insomnia =.=

My mom is a true insomniac, having it all her life. She's got used to it now, but in her late 30s she used to tell me all the time of how she wish she could sleep longer than a few minutes.

Edwin
  • Edwin

Ready to Race?

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:15 PM Edited by Edwin, 18 August 2014 - 12:15 PM.

In a way, not really...

I just can't stop watching TV or using my phone, and when I do I feel sleepy for like the first 5 minutes after closing my eyes, and then it goes away and I just sit there hoping to fall sleep, which often caused me to turn the TV back on for like half an hour or so.

Murdick
  • Murdick

Bit of a twat this one^^

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

Yes! I was given sleepers too. I got mad one night tho because they wasnt working so I took like 6. Al I remember was being sat in my kitchen talking to people that wasn't even there! Was fked up! So yea, don't try that.. lmao.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM Edited by Stephan90, 18 August 2014 - 03:52 PM.

Hi everyone
And no,before you say
NOTE:

Yes, it is because of your cell phone/computer/notebook/tablet/TV, believe me.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

No. But I find getting to sleep not that easy as others in my family. I see them hit the pillow then in 10 minutes they're snoring. I think 'how in the hell?' 1 hour later I'm still counting sheep.

Hi everyone
And no,before you say
NOTE:

He said 'all his life' so unless he was on Verizon while in the womb then it cant be the phone/computer/notebook/tablet/TV.

RandallFlagg00
  • RandallFlagg00

Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

I never was an insomniac, but from late childhood until my late twenties I had a very hard time falling asleep. Every night I would lay in bed for at least two hours, sometimes four, until I could fall asleep. Last year I quit smoking, since then no trouble sleeping at all. I'm usually asleep five minutes after I go to bed. It had never even occurred to me that nicotine was the problem. Pretty obvious now looking back.

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

Well I can't fall asleep after an exam.... And I still have to go to school the next morning.

The Harwood Bitcher
  • The Harwood Bitcher

f*ck YOU

• BUSTED!
  • Argentina

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Yes! I was given sleepers too. I got mad one night tho because they wasnt working so I took like 6. Al I remember was being sat in my kitchen talking to people that wasn't even there! Was fked up! So yea, don't try that.. lmao.

I dont fancy the idea of pills
But is good to know im right

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

proud "conspiracy theorist"

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:26 PM Edited by Stephan90, 18 August 2014 - 06:28 PM.

No. But I find getting to sleep not that easy as others in my family. I see them hit the pillow then in 10 minutes they're snoring. I think 'how in the hell?' 1 hour later I'm still counting sheep.

Hi everyone
And no,before you say
NOTE:

He said 'all his life' so unless he was on Verizon while in the womb then it cant be the phone/computer/notebook/tablet/TV.

I doubt that he means his baby years or the nine months before that, when he says "all his life". That's a general phrase for "ever since I can remember".

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

I've suffered from insomnia for a few years. Some nights I can go to bed at a reasonable time and sleep like a baby, then there's nights I'm up for 30-40+hrs.

My mind races too much, I feel as if I'm forgetting something, I fight sleep like a baby, perhaps stress, I don't know. I think at one point or another, we all experience a bit of insomnia.. I have been taking some melatonin to help and it seems to be helping. My old sleep schedule is back in line, luckily, since I start work Wednesday.

I also found just doing something physical will help you out as well if you fight insomnia. Try working out, going walking in the evenings, anything. I've been walking in evenings and taking melatonin for about 3wks now and I sleep great. 

Toke
  • Toke

Shadow Staff

• Members
  • NATO
  • Contribution Award [Gangs]

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:02 PM

I suffered insomnia quite horribly after I quit meth back in 2002.  It lasted up until about 2010 and only in the last few years have I been able to get so sleep without the aid of weed, booze or sleeping pills. 

Twilight Sky
  • Twilight Sky

Driftin' at the apex, sliding into 1rst.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:08 PM Edited by Twilight Sky, 18 August 2014 - 08:09 PM.

Meds that are too weak or the body too tolerant for them is definitely something to avoid. I remember having 3 extractions from the dentist and he gave me an off brand of hydrocortizone. Before that I had some pretty strong pills.

Anyway the pain was so great I was wondering why one pill didn't do the trick. Ended up almost ODing on pain killers as I had 6 in less than 4 hours. I was f*cked up for 2 days. While I got plenty of sleep(drowsy side effect) it wasn't good sleep cause of massive headache and nausea from taking so much.

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

Love For Sale

• The Lost MC
  • Unknown

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:30 PM Edited by Majestic81, 18 August 2014 - 11:30 PM.

I can relate to being able to sleep right away some nights and some nights you just cant no matter what you do even though you're tired as hell. i had many nights where i would just get really tired, i would barley be able to keep my eyelids open, (working-out and being active the whole day, so body is tired as well) yet when i try to rest i just cant. i have to get up, smoke a cig, or watch a movie or eat something til i can sleep. i never thought of it as a problem, thought it was just stress getting to me. but its been happening quite a lot lately. i refuse to take meds though, ill save that to and if when i hit above 50.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:19 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 19 August 2014 - 05:26 AM.

Actually for me my insomnia is really bad i've had a lot of health issues over the years including cancer which causes me so much pain it hurts to lay down.

There are times when i can be up for anywhere from 24-48 hours without sleep because of the pain.

I'd say at least two days a week i am up for over 24 hours and with having kids i can't just go to sleep when i want to either some days when i can't sleep my cycle get's messed up and i am up all night and sleep during the day and it's not til the mega insomia kicks in that my cycle returns back to nights and even then i only sleep for 2 or 3 hours at the most.

I've tried several medications including strong addictive sleep aids and muscle relaxers and even with those when they do help i still only get a few hours and i don't like to take them because when i don't get the recommend sleep from the medication i am groggy for hours after waking up and it sucks.

I usually know by midnight if i'm noting to be able to sleep or not, right now it's 1:25am and i will most likely be up all night and day

Johan
  • Johan

Free The Future

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

Dealing with it right now, usually happens to me when I'm dealing with depression because my thoughts end up being all over the place while I'm laying in bed so I just stay up instead.

Usually doesn't last long though, sometimes I can make it go away in less than a few days but that's only if I actually force myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users