Is Michael the exact opposite of Tommy?

6 replies to this topic
Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

Think about it for a sec...  Tommy goes to prison and gets betrayed while he doesn't even know it, hates his life, gets out of prison, becomes the boss himself, becomes a kingpin, buys business', gets succesfull, loyal to friends, f*cks with his former boss, and f*cks him up bad, gets betrayed by one, loves the life,  etc etc.

Michael, goes to prison at early ages, goes out. Becomes a high end criminal, robs banks, forced to BETRAY his friends, then forward, becomes deppressed and hates his life, robs again, becomes a criminal again, some what likes his life again (did he ever love his his life? Lol) and has government pressure under him, gets back to his life, quits the criminal life, becomes a Movie producer, and loves his life again afterwards.

It seems that they both are kinda same towards the end of their journey, but yeah. Is Michael De Santa an opposite of Tommy Vercetti?

• Tyla likes this

HeroBrineR007
  • HeroBrineR007

Perennials, Perennials everywhere!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:46 AM Edited by HeroBrineR007, 18 August 2014 - 10:34 AM.

Totally yes!

Edit: Totally no!
I didn't really read it carefully cause i wanted to sleep and then i found out it was about Micheal, not trevor.
Nvm

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Grove4Life

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

Michael is under a witness protection program. So maybe not the exact opposite.

Tyla
  • Tyla

Vice Cat

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

I think that Michael sold out his crew to the FIB in exchange for a comfortable life in the WPP while Tommy was willing to take the death penalty - for guys he knew set him up to die - because he believed in a code of honour, is as much of an opposite as you can get.

Aside from morals, in terms of behaviour I think they're very similar. They both seem to operate on self-preservation - the things they do are out of necessity. Michael gets into a $2.5 mil debt to a cartel boss -- he needs to get back to robbing banks. Tommy loses $3million of Forelli cash -- he builds up an empire and brings strong people into his circle knowing that the Forelli's already tried to kill him once and they're sure as sh*t going to try again.

Another difference is that Tommy seems to be very naive -- Michael isn't. Michael's obviously lived a very extensive and varied criminal life from the way he trusts no one and can spot a con (Simeon's credit fraud) a mile off -- Tommy seems to have been extremely great at killing/intimidating people but his career was ultimately cut short by his fifteen year prison stretch. Those fifteen years he lost are fifteen years Michael spent on the street.

So yeah, I think they're cut from the same cloth but made very different decisions that defined who they were.

• The Harwood Bitcher, Reconified and Kamd like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

I think that Michael sold out his crew to the FIB in exchange for a comfortable life in the WPP while Tommy was willing to take the death penalty - for guys he knew set him up to die - because he believed in a code of honour, is as much of an opposite as you can get.

Aside from morals, in terms of behaviour I think they're very similar. They both seem to operate on self-preservation - the things they do are out of necessity. Michael gets into a $2.5 mil debt to a cartel boss -- he needs to get back to robbing banks. Tommy loses $3million of Forelli cash -- he builds up an empire and brings strong people into his circle knowing that the Forelli's already tried to kill him once and they're sure as sh*t going to try again.

Another difference is that Tommy seems to be very naive -- Michael isn't. Michael's obviously lived a very extensive and varied criminal life from the way he trusts no one and can spot a con (Simeon's credit fraud) a mile off -- Tommy seems to have been extremely great at killing/intimidating people but his career was ultimately cut short by his fifteen year prison stretch. Those fifteen years he lost are fifteen years Michael spent on the street.

So yeah, I think they're cut from the same cloth but made very different decisions that defined who they were.

You nailed it! I definently agree with the part of Tommy losing 15 years, while Michael is just spending his. 

MattySadler
  • MattySadler

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

Good thread because at first I thought they were pretty similar at first, but now I am not so sure they are.

Michael sees to be more of a career criminal, whilst Tommy, my favourite player character, just seemed unable to control his temper and a bit of a psycho. Maybe he is part Michael/ part Trevor? 

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Good thread because at first I thought they were pretty similar at first, but now I am not so sure they are.

Michael sees to be more of a career criminal, whilst Tommy, my favourite player character, just seemed unable to control his temper and a bit of a psycho. Maybe he is part Michael/ part Trevor? 

Indeed. I see some Michael and Trevor in him. His respect, cleverness comes from Michael: while his loyalty comes from Trevor and his psycho personality comes from Trevor too

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users