Quantcast

» «
Photo

what is the hardest gta to complete without cheats?

82 replies to this topic
MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 22 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

GTA 3 was pretty hard, especially that Espresso 2 Go mission solely because there's no menu map or any other way to detect the stands unless you've got a guide.

jam8tone all the way, LOL

I agree here.  I mean, technically, you can go find all 9 stands BEFORE destroying them, thus, the timer won't start until you destrou the 1st.

However, I just used jam8tone's walkthrough.  I would destroy a stand.  Pause the game.  Go back to the computer to see the Youtube video.  And repeat the process until all 9 were done.

I thought S.A.M. was harder than that, though...

KBG
  • KBG

8-bit.

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:46 AM

This
demotivation.us_If-you-think-life-is-har
  • Mr_Leone likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:40 AM Edited by Militia, 23 August 2014 - 10:43 AM.

Really?  ^^^^  That gave you trouble?  I did that in 2007 probably first try and I know I did that mission first try as well in my most recent playthrough which was this past June to 100%, best stats, and a proof/unique/EC vehicle collection.

Quite frankly, I think VC and GTA V are the easiest games in the entire series.  I don't find any GTA's story very hard, either.  It's usally some side stuff that cause some problems.  Something tricky for me in VC was PCJ Playground side mission.  Even the final story mission where I had to kill Diaz and Vance, it only took 3 tries.  I actually killed Vance on the roof with molotovs without any goons firing a single shot at me, LOL...And I killed Diaz after I quickly ran into this small room and hid behind the wall and kept sneaking up on him.  Very easy stuff, VC.

• Nico, KBG and Kafonix like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Demolition Man wasn't too bad on PS2, but it was a prick of a mission on PC IMO.
  • KBG likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

This

Oh god that mission was awful. Why did Tommy need an RC Helicopter to place the bombs? He could have used his hands and legs ffs...

• KBG and Donut like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

Thisdemotivation.us_If-you-think-life-is-har

Oh god that mission was awful. Why did Tommy need an RC Helicopter to place the bombs? He could have used his hands and legs ffs...

There's a difference between real logic and GTA logic...
  • KBG likes this

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

I was joking.

But that mission is/was terrible and whoever designed it should never be allowed to code a video game ever.

SA's missions were pretty hard too although I suppose that's mostly to do with the fact that they were poorly written. (I'm looking at you Wrong side of the tracks).

Phnx.
  • Phnx.

• Facade Corporation
  • Poland

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

GTA III and GTA VC.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:16 PM

I was joking..

I think you missed my point Mr Vercetti. All I was was saying is there's real logic that would mean us doing it on foot. Then there's GTA logic that makes it the most inconvenient thing ever.:p
  • Vercetti42 likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

San Andreas was the hardest. Though I never played the IV series but I hear they were pretty easy. I have beat all my GTAs without any cheats or deaths.

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:32 PM

San Andreas was the hardest. Though I never played the IV series but I hear they were pretty easy. I have beat all my GTAs without any cheats or deaths.

GTA IV isn't the hardest GTA, but I don't think it's that easy. Or at least what people describe. I liked GTA IV's overall difficulty because it wasn't exactly hand holding (like GTA V) yet not as frustrating as some of the 3D eras.

I've always felt like it had a good balance between somewhat challenging missions and missions that don't require hair replacement afterwards.
  • Payne likes this

The Byzantine Empire
  • The Byzantine Empire

Wolqolqoqoqk

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

San Andreas is the hardest GTA, imo. (without cheats).

Hard missions, gang wars that needs some caution, CJ's health bar could be depleted easily in Los Santos chaos.

But the hardest mission in GTA history is in GTA VCS. (Domestobot in Menendez Mansion). Oh, man this mission drives me crazy!
  • KBG and ten-a-penny like this

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

As someone who's never managed to get past more than 20 missions in any of the 3D era games (yeah yeah, I suck. Go ahead and laugh at me) I choose III as being the toughest.

There are a couple reasons for this.

One, cars are so absurdly weak in that game. Of course, that only seems to apply to the car you're driving, enemy cars can take much more damage. A couple bullets and your engine will be in flames. The fact that Pay N' Sprays aren't marked on the map is another factor. This leads to irritation when I've got the cops on my ass and can't remember where the nearest Pay N' Spray is.

Vice City definitely seems like the easiest of the PS2 trilogy though. I might actually be able to beat that one.

Yeah, if you aren't very good, I suggest trying VC or V.  These are the two easiest games in the entire 3D and HD Era combined.  TLaD and TBoGT are cake, too, but those aren't "full" games.

I beat IV, TBOGT and V without too much trouble. It's the controls of the old GTAs that make them difficult for me. I think if I had played the PS2 GTAs when they came out instead of a good ten years later, I would have found them easier.

IV does have some missions that aggrivated me at first, but they became a lot easier on my second playthrough.

fangbutt
  • fangbutt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

Had to use a weapons cheat to beat the final mission in III, but that's it

Nico
  • Nico

In the year of the cat

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

This

Demolition Man wasn't too bad on PS2, but it was a prick of a mission on PC IMO.

I'll never understand what makes this mission so hard for almost everyone.

• The Byzantine Empire likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:56 PM Edited by Militia, 23 August 2014 - 07:05 PM.

But those RC Helicopters control just like a regular Maverick would control...Thus, if you can fly a Helicopter, the RC Chopper is no different.  I still can't see how this was trouble for some people.  PC is a different story, never played one single PC game ever for 1 minute of my life, so I can't speak.  But PS2 is so easy with this mission.  If you can fly a helicopter, you can pass the mission.  It's that simple...

I was joking.

But that mission is/was terrible and whoever designed it should never be allowed to code a video game ever.

SA's missions were pretty hard too although I suppose that's mostly to do with the fact that they were poorly written. (I'm looking at you Wrong side of the tracks).

Wrong Side of the Tracks?  You just drive the AP Sanchez (That's right, the Sanchez is BP, DP, EP, and FP) a bit away from the train.  The closer you are to the train, Smoke or Ryder, or whoever the f*ck is riding with you, can't shoot the guys on the train.  The farther away you are, Smoke easily can kill those guys quickly.  It's all about finding the right location and distance away from the train, that's all.  Nothing to it, really...

San Andreas is the hardest GTA, imo. (without cheats).

Hard missions, gang wars that needs some caution, CJ's health bar could be depleted easily in Los Santos chaos.

But the hardest mission in GTA history is in GTA VCS. (Domestobot in Menendez Mansion). Oh, man this mission drives me crazy!

That mission with the Robot is "unique" but it's not really special or hard to say the least.  You just click a few buttons on the controller and you pass the mission.  It's very easy.  I won't lie, though, but for every GTA game and missions etc, I view a Youtube video before doing it, but by doing that, I do everything first try.

VCS overall, though, gave me some trouble here and there.  Since April I re-did all 5 3D Era games (III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS) over to 100%, so I am used to all this stuff now a days.  I always have 0 Cheats, 0 Deaths, 0 Busted, 0 Missions Failed.  The games themselves are easy enough, so I gotta challenge myself or I'll fall asleep basically...

I beat IV, TBOGT and V without too much trouble. It's the controls of the old GTAs that make them difficult for me. I think if I had played the PS2 GTAs when they came out instead of a good ten years later, I would have found them easier.

IV does have some missions that aggrivated me at first, but they became a lot easier on my second playthrough.

LOLOL...I hear ya.  See, I started with III.  So I am so used to the 3D Controls and actually HATE the HD Controls.  Luckily, GTA IV + Episodes allows me to change the Controller Type back to "Classic" so it makes is very similar to the 3D Controls, at least for driving vehicles.  V forces everyone to get used to the stupid new controls.  I don't like them at all.  Try going back and forth from the controls and you'll have a problem.  I didn't play V in 6 months now, since March and the 3D Era Controls and Classic Controls on IV + Episodes is all I know pretty much.  I am dreading going back to V and hitting X for the gas, meanwhile it's the f*cking handbrake.  Rockstar flip flopped everything.  Logic?  None.

I'll never understand what makes this mission so hard for almost everyone.

That's what I am saying.  It's not like the RC Monster Trucks in LCS which are impossible to handle.  The RC Chopper in VC flies like any ordinary Maverick, basically.  Can't fly a Helicopter?   :blink:  :blink:

• Nico and Payne like this

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:25 PM Edited by ThatSpecialSomeone, 24 August 2014 - 01:27 PM.

This

Haha, not really. I passed it on my first try as well as mission "Freefall" in San Andreas which most people also find hard. For me the hardest mission was to learn how to get all Golds in San Andreas driving school- it took me a lot attempts. But cheats wouldn't help me with that anyway.

Imo, San Andreas offers a lot of challenges, much more than any other GTA game. I had so much fun doing pretty much anything in this game- even collectibles, if you do them early in the game with 4 stars, can be fun.

• Alchemist, Tacymist, CyborgZombieJesus and 1 other like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia
  • Worst Bellic [All Time]

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:56 AM

I have never played Grand Theft Auto (1997) with out cheats. Every other 3D/HD game I have usually done at least one story play through without cheats.

Cheers.

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

definitely GTA III, others may have hard missions but this one takes the cake: enemies with miniguns (with m16 skins), no map, cars made of plasticine, etc.

still one of my favorites

CyborgZombieJesus
  • CyborgZombieJesus

Red Baron of GTA:O

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

If you need cheats to complete GTA then you just are not being creative enough. Saying that though I would say that GTA III was probably the most challenging however maybe that's because I was younger and not as clever as I am now. Always think about different ways to attack an objective man.

• Payne likes this

CyborgZombieJesus
  • CyborgZombieJesus

Red Baron of GTA:O

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:12 PM

But those RC Helicopters control just like a regular Maverick would control...Thus, if you can fly a Helicopter, the RC Chopper is no different.  I still can't see how this was trouble for some people.  PC is a different story, never played one single PC game ever for 1 minute of my life, so I can't speak.  But PS2 is so easy with this mission.  If you can fly a helicopter, you can pass the mission.  It's that simple...

I view a Youtube video before doing it, but by doing that, I do everything first try.

That's what I am saying.  It's not like the RC Monster Trucks in LCS which are impossible to handle.  The RC Chopper in VC flies like any ordinary Maverick, basically.  Can't fly a Helicopter?   :blink:  :blink:

Firstly you sound very condescending. You talk like you are the best pilot in the world but you seem to forget that it wasn't the controls of the RC chopper that made that mission hard for some people. It's the fact there are enemies who attack the chopper, which has a very small health bar.

Secondly you are not playing the game if you just watch Youtube videos and parrot fashion complete missions using other people's methods. In my opinion you complete games by cheating. Therefore you don't have the right to say YOU have completed any of them nor do you have the right to say a mission is easy and act all high and mightyand have a 'I am a boss' attitude. 

My guess is that if you rely so heavily on Youtube then you are a child.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:43 AM Edited by Militia, 22 September 2014 - 09:47 AM.

First of all learn NOT to double post.  Too hard to copy and past a second reply into the first?  I guess so.  Second, well you play GTAO, so you're null and void to me... :)

EDIT: It also appears you didn't even quote me properly, either...Like taking advice from a retard.

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

I would say mostly GTA III, when it comes to the car handling.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users