Photo

Is there a online parachuting guide?

9 replies to this topic
KevinthePRF
  • KevinthePRF

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

I ran into a different type of veteran player today. Unlike most that have hundreds of races and/or DMs under their belt and a few parachute jumps. I saw the first avid parachutist. The player had somewhere near a thousand total jumps. And in our parachute match with a few other players he had a distant first high score and landed a good 30 seconds before anyone else. Anyone know how to get this good?

jackrobot
  • jackrobot

Old Geezer

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:27 PM

Just do loads of parachute jumps solo until you get the hang of it. Usually you'll get the option for another one in the voting screen after each one's completed.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

Just do loads of parachute jumps solo until you get the hang of it. Usually you'll get the option for another one in the voting screen after each one's completed.

^^ This

And landing first has nothing to do with winning.  Aim for the center of each circle as that gets you 15 points.  The player with the most points wins.  Maybe the first landed wins in the case of a tie, but I have nothing to base that on.  I take my time and get as many points as possible and usually win.

If you want to play someone who is up for parachute jump after parachute jump after parachute jump then add me (my PSN is the same as my user name here, and I see you're on PS3 too).

TexasKilldozer
  • TexasKilldozer

Los Santos Golf Pro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

Don't forget to hold RB+LB during your jump for precision control. At first, you'll probably have to hold them for then entire jump, but once you get better at it, you'll use it just to steady your aim for the next checkpoint.

BTW, "Gauntlet" is a good jump for learning the basics of parachuting.

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:08 PM

^^ This

And landing first has nothing to do with winning.  Aim for the center of each circle as that gets you 15 points.  The player with the most points wins.  DEFINITELY the first landed wins in the case of a tie, but I have nothing to base that on.  I take my time and get as many points as possible and usually win.

If you want to play someone who is up for parachute jump after parachute jump after parachute jump then add me (my PSN is the same as my user name here, and I see you're on PS3 too).

i can confirm that is exactly what happens in a tied points situation, whoever completes it in the fastest time is the winner, its happened to me a few times when doing parachuting even in the limited number ive done (think ive had about 5 ties in a total of about 25 jumps)

• Furry_Monkey likes this

CallmeGoat
  • CallmeGoat

Glitches R4 Bitches

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

I've got quite a few jumps under my belt and it just takes a little practice to get the hang of it. Being on target is far more important than speed, but if you know you are up against someone as good as you landing early will be your tie-breaker if needed. I almost always don't pull chute until 3rd checkpoint or later depending on the race. Don't forget to use your smoke! It can blind your opponents sometimes.

drinkduff
  • drinkduff

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:36 PM

I only wish they brought back "TERMINAL VELOCITY"

The rooftop rumble of parachuting.  

LiberatorBeast
  • LiberatorBeast

Academi PMC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

H- High

A- Altitude

L- Low

O- Opening

NinjaHenrike
  • NinjaHenrike

Painkillers,the breakfast of Champions

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:51 PM

Press triangle right before the landing
  • Waffleperson337 likes this

NinjaHenrike
  • NinjaHenrike

Painkillers,the breakfast of Champions

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:35 PM Edited by NinjaHenrike, 3 weeks ago.

Double post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users