Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why aren't the interiors accessible in GTA online?

36 replies to this topic
lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Ok so my gf is watching night at the museum right next to me and then I remembered the museum in GTA 4 which you could enter online

Then it got me thinking about some of the interiors that you cannot get into in GTA online

I mean, I understand not being allowed in Michael and Trevor's house (not Franklin cos he technically doesn't live there yet)

But the life invader building!? 

It would literally add so much more to the game if they did.....

This is not a bitch and moan as I love GTA online and some people would class me as a "R* fanboy"       -__-

Hopefully its because these consoles were pushed to the limit and they will be in the next gen

What do you guys think?

• Rik96 likes this

Nuke.
  • Nuke.

tf am i supposed 2 write here?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:58 PM

I don't think anybody but R* knows why these buildings are closed in both SP and Online. It sucks.

• lazyassedlover likes this

Fearx--
  • Fearx--

The Shape

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

It'a a video game. You expect every building to have interiors with immense level of detail?

DistortedWRX
  • DistortedWRX

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

waiting for a modder to bitch at this post also... they seem to bitch at every good topic that is posted by somebody else besides them

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:01 PM Edited by lazyassedlover, 17 August 2014 - 05:06 PM.

It'a a video game. You expect every building to have interiors with immense level of detail?

no lol, the ones that ARE already rendered and have been used in SP

Like the warehouse where you torture that dude and the other where you rescue Michael, life invader etc

Thought that was obvious...guess not

edit* plus the hopsital (which you could go in in GTA 4) the warehouse with that mission with franklin...that lab...there's loads I cant remember.....only1 I can think of is the bank in Vinewood

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

I'd guess it's due to the possibility that open interiors would cause too much slowdown online, especially around the doorway.The game engine can only render so much and, while it's easy to control in Singleplayer (since you only have one player with one field of vision), it's much harder to avoid in Multiplayer because you have multiple players and multiple fields of vision that have to rendered and portrayed, and calculating this strains the engine and brings the frames per second right down.

PsychoGamer
  • PsychoGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Eritrea

What a bollocks answer... tell me about the V interiors. Which ones can be accessed without a glitch? The 24/7 stores, LSC, other shops, and some rooms at the docks. Great! Most of them are very small too.

In GTA IV we had the museum, lots of apartments we could enter. Some hotel, towers, a sprunk fabric, the hospital, police station, lots of old buildings. 

• rixyboyy18, lihety and lazyassedlover like this

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

~

• Members
  • United-States

I assume cause the map is too big, they could do it in IV cause the map was significantly smaller

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

The only ChrilLe you know and need!

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

waiting for a modder to bitch at this post also... they seem to bitch at every good topic that is posted by somebody else besides them

Modder?
  • Keegeroo likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

Modder?

He seems to be deliberately mistaking "mod" to mean "modder" instead of "moderator" in order to get posts asking what he means.

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'd guess it's due to the possibility that open interiors would cause too much slowdown online, especially around the doorway.The game engine can only render so much and, while it's easy to control in Singleplayer (since you only have one player with one field of vision), it's much harder to avoid in Multiplayer because you have multiple players and multiple fields of vision that have to rendered and portrayed, and calculating this strains the engine and brings the frames per second right down.

I assumed so, do you think they will be in next gen?

Modder?

moderator... 

DannyMan
  • DannyMan

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

Calm your self you might get blocked soon 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

I assumed so, do you think they will be in next gen?

Depends.  Of course there's more power for R* to play with, but there's also more detail to render.  There's also the speed that the game will recieve data about other players over the internet to consider, I guess.

Fearx--
  • Fearx--

The Shape

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

Like the warehouse where you torture that dude and the other where you rescue Michael, life invader etc

edit* plus the hopsital (which you could go in in GTA 4) the warehouse with that mission with franklin...that lab...there's loads I cant remember.....only1 I can think of is the bank in Vinewood

All you would do is just go inside explore a little bit and that's it. What more would you expect?

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

All you would do is just go inside explore a little bit and that's it. What more would you expect?

why so salty? cos you read my thread wrong and made a stupid comment? chill dude, they could be used to a number of things, pictures, fights, bounty hunting AND hiding...

chill

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

why so salty? cos you read my thread wrong and made a stupid comment? chill dude, they could be used to a number of things, pictures, fights, bounty hunting AND hiding...

chill

just a question. Why is your font SO BIG? 14pt font is fine

Back OT. Interiors would be great. It doesnt seem like a problem since the interiors are already there. Just make the door open

TCMike
  • TCMike

Lazy Gamer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, I really wish they would open them up.  Doesn't make much sense.  Even in SP when you pay $2m for the Tequi-La-La club, you still cannot enter.  I'm pretty sure being the owner gets your name on the VIP list...

Mechanic X
  • Mechanic X

Omnipotent

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

It's strange because one of the buildings at the airport is rendered so you can access it through the door, but the building literally servers no purpose at all. I don't think many people are aware of the building either.  :yawn: I would love to be able to access a few of the mansions, churches, warehouses and other stores. This would bring a whole new dimension to the online world. Come to think of it, I'm beginning to miss GTA IV.  :whuh:

• Black Terminator, lazyassedlover and TCMike like this

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

~

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

Cop shootouts/ PvP. Kept GTA IV alive for quite a while just searching for new interiors and fighting off cops and other players.

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

chill

Back OT. Interiors would be great. It doesnt seem like a problem since the interiors are already there. Just make the door open

I like my own unique style and like to stand out....trademark, like Giants Giants with the funky cars

It's strange because one of the buildings at the airport is rendered so you can access it through the door, but the building literally servers no purpose at all. I don't think many people are aware of the building either.  :yawn: I would love to be able to access a few of the mansions, churches, warehouses and other stores. This would bring a whole new dimension to the online world. Come to think of it, I'm beginning to miss GTA IV.  :whuh:

I know the building, there's three in the airport actually, one with a ladder to go in and out, check the thread "places you probably haven't visited"

Cop shootouts/ PvP. Kept GTA IV alive for quite a while just searching for new interiors and fighting off cops and other players.

don't mind him, he just seems to have a problem with me

Fearx--
  • Fearx--

The Shape

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

chill

You need to stop with the big writing. Are you demented?

mrpodo100
  • mrpodo100

Grandmaster Sexy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Like that taco restaurant ;(

Mechanic X
  • Mechanic X

Omnipotent

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

chill

I like my own unique style and like to stand out....trademark, like Giants Giants with the funky cars

I know the building, there's three in the airport actually, one with a ladder to go in and out, check the thread "places you probably haven't visited"

Yeah, I'm aware of the buildings. I'm just saying that it's pointless having them there when they don't serve a purpose.

Fearx--
  • Fearx--

The Shape

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

chill

Stand out? What an attention seeking f*cking loser. ASS lover lol.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

Odd design desisions. 

bossofzeeland
  • bossofzeeland

HARDSTYLE

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

i honestly dont really care, you only go once to those places and you never see them again

u53rn4m3
  • u53rn4m3

Anti-Illuminati

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

It would be very cool, no doubt, but as previously mentioned it would probably cause slowdown.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Professonal Why-Wolf

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

Most people still don't know the the First National Bank was open in TBOGT's MP.

Had countless fun-filled police shootouts in there.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:38 PM Edited by SpidersWeb, 17 August 2014 - 07:40 PM.

When it was released, they made a comment about how the game was built - indicating (not saying/promising) they planned to introduce more interiors in the future.

I'm surprised LF etc is locked. I wouldn't say console limitations were a factor, because they only render when you're inside them.

Jaddxx
  • Jaddxx

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

Most people still don't know the the First National Bank was open in TBOGT's MP.

Had countless fun-filled police shootouts in there.

I never knew ANY of the interiors were accessible really... I had no friends that time. ;^;

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users