• Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 October 2014 - 08:00 PM

this is neat
question, will this work with windows XP
no I will never 'upgrade'
Charles was really a pain trying to get it to work, how will this go over on XP??

I don't see any reason why not. Microsoft only stopped supporting XP recently so I don't foresee any problems. Could you let us know how you get on though, to either confirm it works or shout at me for help?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:46 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 20 October 2014 - 03:47 PM.

I've just updated it so you can now save your settings.  It's obviously up to you how you use this.  You may have settings called "default settings", that has bulletproof tyres and turbo enabled etc., or a specific colour scheme that you always want to apply.  You could alternatively save each vehicle setup so you can go back and tweak them at a later date.  However you use it, just let me know if you have any issues.

One thing to remember though - it saves the settings locally for that browser, so you won't get them in any other browser on any other machine.

• RajunKjun likes this

immature shitposter
  • immature shitposter

inb4 lock

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

shoutout to this dank tool, much easier than Charles for any other XP hipsters out there
I can now easily change my plates instead of waiting on a magician to do it for me
pic related :^)
0_0.jpg
  • Furry_Monkey likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

shoutout to this dank tool, much easier than Charles for any other XP hipsters out there
I can now easily change my plates instead of waiting on a magician to do it for me
pic related :^)
0_0.jpg

Thanks for letting us know it worked on XP - that's great news!

• immature shitposter likes this

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

Green window tint? oooohh f*ck ya. Gotta try this.

• _PANiC_ likes this

Blockahwood
  • Blockahwood

I've got a date with a Cheeeese Deluxe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:40 PM

Do you think this may work with Mac? I'll have to try it out tonight and let you know.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:59 PM

Do you think this may work with Mac? I'll have to try it out tonight and let you know.

Fiddler will run on a Mac but I have no idea how the file path would be structured as it's totally different to Windows.  At the moment the custom rule that I wrote looks for a file at path C:\Temp\iFruit.txt - I'm pretty sure that won't work on a Mac.  If you know enough about file paths to be able to help me with that then I can talk you through modifying the custom rules file so that it works for you.  That would also be a welcome addition for any other Mac users as I could just offer a different custom rules file for them.

I'm very interested to see how you get on.

§†rāngė
  • §†rāngė

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:09 PM

Just set your PC to use Fiddler as the proxy server.

Stuck at this point. Using bluestacks on pc. Not sure how to get fiddler, ifruit on bluestacks, and my pc to simultaneously cooperate.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:18 PM

Just set your PC to use Fiddler as the proxy server.

Stuck at this point. Using bluestacks on pc. Not sure how to get fiddler, ifruit on bluestacks, and my pc to simultaneously cooperate.

I *think* it should just be the same as if you were using an Android phone or tablet.  Have you actually turned on wifi and entered proxy server settings on Bluestacks, or is it after that that you're stuck?

§†rāngė
  • §†rāngė

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:25 PM Edited by Sum-gUy, 20 October 2014 - 09:25 PM.

Have you actually turned on wifi and entered proxy server settings on Bluestacks?

Have not done that yet. 

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:31 PM

Have you actually turned on wifi and entered proxy server settings on Bluestacks?

Have not done that yet. 

When you turn on wifi on Bluestacks you can go into advanced settings and that's where you enter proxy settings.

Once you've done that see if it works.  Let us know if you need any help after that.

----------------------
  • ----------------------

Man With No Name

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:30 PM Edited by TheJackalSega, 20 October 2014 - 11:31 PM.

You need ProxyCap to use a proxy with BlueStacks; it lacks the feature otherwise. Only problem with ProxyCap is you have to buy it to use it after the 30 day trial. As an alternative, you can try Spotflux (it's free) or similar VPN service. I managed to get it working, and now have a painted Sovereign. 

Also, just wanted to say, many thanks for the top guide and website, Furry. You're awesome.

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2014 - 10:26 AM

Have not done that yet. 

When you turn on wifi on Bluestacks you can go into advanced settings and that's where you enter proxy settings.

Once you've done that see if it works.  Let us know if you need any help after that.

I take that back.  Bluestacks has changed a lot since I used it.  It was pretty much just Android running in a window before, whereas it now look like their own implementation so you don't have access to things like wifi and proxy settings.  I'll look into it a bit more and see if I can find an easy solution.

You need ProxyCap to use a proxy with BlueStacks; it lacks the feature otherwise. Only problem with ProxyCap is you have to buy it to use it after the 30 day trial. As an alternative, you can try Spotflux (it's free) or similar VPN service. I managed to get it working, and now have a painted Sovereign. 

Also, just wanted to say, many thanks for the top guide and website, Furry. You're awesome.

I'll see if I can figure out a way to do it without a proxy or VPN, since Bluestacks is just using your PC internet connection.  It should be a case of making your PC use Fiddler as a proxy server, rather than Bluestacks, but I'll play and report back.

And thank you - you're welcome :)

TendouJigoku
  • TendouJigoku

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:50 PM

Using this method you will be able to order anything from iFruit, regardless of whether it is unlocked or not.  You can also order things such as the green window tint and North Yankton plates, despite them not being available in the application.

I did have a big list of instructions here, but I've broken it down into bite-sized chunks, along with a tool to make custom orders.  You can see all this here...

http://www.furrymonkey.co.uk/ifruitfiddler/

Here's a direct link to the order editor...

http://www.furrymonk...der-editor.aspx

If anyone has any problems, just let me know :)

Update: 20th October, 2014

You can now save and load settings, so you can go back to them later and make changes.

Tested it and worked like a charm. I can't thank you enough for this. :)

However, I noticed there's some sort of erm..."wrong labelling" in the color list on the iFruit Fiddler link.

1. Whenever I try to change the color of my vehicle into Metals>Brushed Black Steel and then go to LSC, it gives me Metals>Brushed Aluminium instead.

2. When I try to change it into Metals>Brushed Aluminium, it gives me Pure Gold. <-- Haven't properly tested to confirm this. Will do it later.

3. If I recall correctly, the Pure Gold and Brushed Gold aren't properly labelled as it should be the other way around. <-- Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

I'll report here if I find another bug later. Again, thank you for sharing this with us, sir. :D

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:55 PM

Tested it and worked like a charm. I can't thank you enough for this. :)

However, I noticed there's some sort of erm..."wrong labelling" in the color list on the iFruit Fiddler link.

1. Whenever I try to change the color of my vehicle into Metals>Brushed Black Steel and then go to LSC, it gives me Metals>Brushed Aluminium instead.

2. When I try to change it into Metals>Brushed Aluminium, it gives me Pure Gold. <-- Haven't properly tested to confirm this. Will do it later.

3. If I recall correctly, the Pure Gold and Brushed Gold aren't properly labelled as it should be the other way around. <-- Correct me if I'm wrong on this one.

I'll report here if I find another bug later. Again, thank you for sharing this with us, sir. :D

Thank you for bringing that to my attention.  I did get the colour list from elsewhere and it seemed a little half-hearted to me, so I'm not actually surprised to hear there's something wrong.

I guess I'll have to go through them all and check them.  Thanks for the heads up :)

TendouJigoku
  • TendouJigoku

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2014 - 07:19 AM Edited by TendouJigoku, 25 October 2014 - 07:21 AM.

I hope that we would be able to use this to change tires and wheel color someday. :p

Oh, Furry_Monkey. Would you please fix the wrong color label for Metals>Brushed Black Steel? I really want that color. Thanks in advance.

• TUFF_CLINT likes this

Khoda
  • Khoda

Jesus Jesus

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:12 PM

Just noticed there's no option for Transmission upgrades. Was that intentional or just an oversight? 

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:50 AM

I believe I have set it up as requested, but when I open ifruit and try to log in, it says "failed to get list of countries, please check internet connection".  If I disable proxy in my phone settings, ifruit works as normal.  I know nothing at all about proxies, so don't have a clue where to begin trying to diagnose it.  Any ideas.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:36 AM

I hope that we would be able to use this to change tires and wheel color someday. :p

Oh, Furry_Monkey. Would you please fix the wrong color label for Metals>Brushed Black Steel? I really want that color. Thanks in advance.

I've had a look around and can't find the correct values for the metals.  I've not got them unlocked myself so I can't place an order to see what the values should be.  So, at the moment the best thing I can do is remove them from the list until I know what the values should actually be.

Just noticed there's no option for Transmission upgrades. Was that intentional or just an oversight? 

It's not an oversight - you can't modify transmission with iFruit.  This process only unlocks things - it can't add anything.

I believe I have set it up as requested, but when I open ifruit and try to log in, it says "failed to get list of countries, please check internet connection".  If I disable proxy in my phone settings, ifruit works as normal.  I know nothing at all about proxies, so don't have a clue where to begin trying to diagnose it.  Any ideas.

Can you use the internet on your phone at all when connected to the proxy?

SilverFox1
  • SilverFox1

GTA Photographer / #iFruitCustoms

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:49 PM Edited by SilverFox1, 28 October 2014 - 12:51 PM.

Furry, good job on the tutorial. I've used this and it works great. I still switch between Charles and Fiddler depending on the situation.

Can you edit and resend and order?

Do you know how to repeat and order z number of times but change 1 variable every time? if so this would be awesome.

Also, you can refer to my google doc for all the values/information I've come across and documented INCLUDING proper paint IDs incl Brrushed Black Steel which had changed when they added the golds. also, you can get Patriot smoke, horns and other things that aren't normally available. check it out

FULL CODE REFERENCE FOR ALL PAINTS, PARTS, Sample TIRE SMOKE RGBs:

iFruit codes for Charles

here are the values for Metals:

Metals-172-Brushed Steel
Metals-0-Brushed Black Steel
Metals-173-Brushed Aluminum
Metals-174-Pure Gold
Metals-175-Brushed Gold

if you don't mind i will also link to my Charles tutorial which has a lot of info that may help people troubleshoot, but if that's a problem just let me know. not trying to jack your thread, just provide info.
  • Furry_Monkey and joe grizzly like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:49 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 28 October 2014 - 01:54 PM.

Furry, good job on the tutorial. I've used this and it works great. I still switch between Charles and Fiddler depending on the situation.

Can you edit and resend and order?

Do you know how to repeat and order z number of times but change 1 variable every time? if so this would be awesome.

Also, you can refer to my google doc for all the values/information I've come across and documented INCLUDING proper paint IDs incl Brrushed Black Steel which had changed when they added the golds. also, you can get Patriot smoke, horns and other things that aren't normally available. check it out

FULL CODE REFERENCE FOR ALL PAINTS, PARTS, Sample TIRE SMOKE RGBs:

iFruit codes for Charles

here are the values for Metals:

Metals-172-Brushed Steel
Metals-0-Brushed Black Steel
Metals-173-Brushed Aluminum
Metals-174-Pure Gold
Metals-175-Brushed Gold

if you don't mind i will also link to my Charles tutorial which has a lot of info that may help people troubleshoot, but if that's a problem just let me know. not trying to jack your thread, just provide info.

Thanks a lot man - much appreciated, and I couldn't have done it without your initial work on this.  The values I got were from your Google doc, and I'll update the metals with the correct values now that I've got them.  Thanks again!

I'll happily link the Charles tutorial you made in the first post, if you'd rather that.  It'll just get lost if it's in a regular post, but that's your call.

And for your questions, yes, you can modify the order and send it again.  Just open the text file and it should be clear to you what it's doing.  As long as that file is in the right place then it will get used for every order, whilst you're using fiddler as a proxy.  It literally does what the Charles method involved - it's just software doing it for you.

I think modifying it to make a certain change x number of times would probably complicate the issue for a lot of people.  An alternative could be what I'm actually planning to implement next, which is to give your own name to the orders you make with the order editor.  Then when you place an order you'll get a popup on your PC asking which file to use.  That way you could have an order file for each vehicle, all completely different, and then tweak them individually.  That's my plan anyway.  I'm not sure at the moment how much I can do with the fiddler scripting language.  It may mean me making a Windows application and calling that.  If that's the case then I'll just make that application the order editor instead.  I need to look into it more before I know for sure.

Edit: I've just updated the paints so that the metals are now the correct value.  (That should please TendouJigoku)

I can't see a mention of the patriot smoke in there.  I understand it would be a different method of setting it as it's not going to have an RGB value, but I don't see it anywhere.  Am I missing something?

SilverFox1
  • SilverFox1

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2014 - 02:00 PM

**IF** you want to add this to the OP go ahead- http://www.se7ensins...es-etc.1073623/

also the repeat order x number of times would be for special vehicles that don't show up in the app like mariachi or speedo. So I have values in my txt file for vehicle hash and position in the app, the thought was to have it repeat the order 10 times and change the position, to automate it since you never know which position the special vehicle is in so you just repeat the order changing the position from 0-9 each time.
  • joe grizzly likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:45 PM

**IF** you want to add this to the OP go ahead- http://www.se7ensins...es-etc.1073623/

also the repeat order x number of times would be for special vehicles that don't show up in the app like mariachi or speedo. So I have values in my txt file for vehicle hash and position in the app, the thought was to have it repeat the order 10 times and change the position, to automate it since you never know which position the special vehicle is in so you just repeat the order changing the position from 0-9 each time.

That links been added, thanks :)

I'll have a look at the other bit about vehicles that don't show in the app.  This is new to me since I've never had anything that doesn't show, but looking at your tutorial it doesn't look too difficult.  I could potentially put a dropdown on the order editor page that allows you to specify the vehicle.  If it were to do that, would it do what you needed?

TendouJigoku
  • TendouJigoku

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

Edit: I've just updated the paints so that the metals are now the correct value.  (That should please TendouJigoku)

I can't see a mention of the patriot smoke in there.  I understand it would be a different method of setting it as it's not going to have an RGB value, but I don't see it anywhere.  Am I missing something?

Thank you for fixing that, Furry_Monkey and thanks to SilverFox1 for providing the correct color values. :D

As for the Patriot Tire Smoke, I just get it with iFruit. :p

SilverFox1
  • SilverFox1

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2014 - 08:02 PM

Yeah speedos, mariachis, etc. don't show in the app, and since it's dumb and only shows the last 10 vehicles, there's no way to tell what the value of Vehicle ID (code "1") is at any given time, so it's forced by just repeating the order for every possible value, 0-9

I was suggesting automating this part:

make all the upgrades/paint changes you want to the order
change vehicle to the Speedo hash, so it's "1":"3484649228"
change the vehicle position to "vehicle":"0"
wait 10-20 seconds for an order.
if you don't get the order, +1 to the vehicle position AND order number
i.e. now it's "0":"12345" and "vehicle":"1"
i.e. now it's "0":"12346" and "vehicle":"2"
i.e. now it's "0":"12347" and "vehicle":"3"
repeat until you get to the vehicle position, "vehicle":"9"

you should increment the order number every time so it's unique
order number won't be 12345, just +1 to whatever is there for "0"
you should get the order at some point between 0-9

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:18 AM

After trying it, no i can't, it says autentication via proxy server unsuccessful.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

After trying it, no i can't, it says autentication via proxy server unsuccessful.

In that case check the proxy settings on your phone.  Is it Android or iPhone?  Just make sure the IP address and port are correct.  If they are then you'll need to look at Fiddler to make sure you set that as a proxy server correctly.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

In that case check the proxy settings on your phone.  Is it Android or iPhone?  Just make sure the IP address and port are correct.  If they are then you'll need to look at Fiddler to make sure you set that as a proxy server correctly.

Android, htc one x.  The port is 8888 in the fiddler, and that is what I have been putting on my phone.  The IP address in my phone (that I can't change ends in .6, where as checking my laptop with the cmd says ipv4 address is the same but ends with .5.  I don't know what the proxy hostname is meant to be, or "bypass proxy for".  IP Settings says dhcp.  I've never even looked at proxy servers before so I am extremely new to it.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:50 AM

Android, htc one x.  The port is 8888 in the fiddler, and that is what I have been putting on my phone.  The IP address in my phone (that I can't change ends in .6, where as checking my laptop with the cmd says ipv4 address is the same but ends with .5.  I don't know what the proxy hostname is meant to be, or "bypass proxy for".  IP Settings says dhcp.  I've never even looked at proxy servers before so I am extremely new to it.

Proxy hostname is where you enter your PC's IP address.  Once you do that it should work :)

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2014 - 12:02 PM

Proxy hostname is where you enter your PC's IP address.  Once you do that it should work :)

Don't mind me, I'm a moron.  When I tried the normal internet on my phone, I didn't have fiddler open. :sui: .  Now my phones internet works, ifruit signs in but keeps going back to the sign in page after about 10 seconds saying "could not connect to social club services, please check your connection.  Ifruit still works fine if I turn off the proxy settings.  Doesn't look like I was meant to have these custom yankton plates.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users