Quantcast

» «
Photo

New-gen V: Next trailer: Do you expect more reveals?

55 replies to this topic
Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

I don't expect much in the way of new features, so I doubt there'll be much to reveal. It'll just be more of what we saw in the last trailer. Though really, I don't even expect a new trailer at this point. Maybe a new version of the three character trailer we got pre-release.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

Knowing how Rockstars going, they won't make any new trailers until they release the game, a month or so after it's official release date.
  • fac316 and theGTAking101 like this

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

R* are not going to do any trailers showing new content. The reason is simple. Keep building up the hype and expectations of the NG gamers. A batch of HD screenshots maybe. Meanwhile you have Take-Two boss Strauss Zelnick talking big sh*t like, 'prepare to be blown away'. It's all a part of the hype game.

Määhhh
  • Määhhh

What are you looking at?

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:46 AM Edited by Määhhh, 19 August 2014 - 11:48 AM.

Their goal is to psychologically force people who purchased V for LG to buy it for CG too. The logical Conclusion is, they have to bring a sh*tass of new features to CG, to force people to buy it twice.

If the Game is a PC to CG/LG Port, R* is busy to work on completly new Gameplay Features right now, Heists in SP etc.

Thats what i would do, do force people to buy it twice.

BTW, the PS4 Trailer IS mindblowing! :lol:

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

They're really confusing more than building the hype.
I'd be really surprised, if they're hinting at complete relaunch of the game in a much better version, and quite different altogether.
Because only that actually going to blow my mind than graphics or even DLC updates with just few additional SP mission count and unlocked interiors.
I guess he didn't explain it all that well, and made it sound like they are going to deliver a big surprise soon.
Hopefully, all that big talk was not related to crap-sh*t ONLINE again.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:19 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 19 August 2014 - 12:22 PM.

Their goal is to psychologically force people who purchased V for LG to buy it for CG too. The logical Conclusion is, they have to bring a sh*tass of new features to CG, to force people to buy it twice.

If the Game is a PC to CG/LG Port, R* is busy to work on completly new Gameplay Features right now, Heists in SP etc.

Thats what i would do, do force people to buy it twice.

BTW, the PS4 Trailer IS mindblowing! :lol:

They're not forcing anyone, psychologically or otherwise. They offering people the chance to have an 'enhanced' experience. 

I'd already resolved to buy it on PS4 when it came out on PS3. Some of us just knew it was going to come out for NG. 

For me, it's not about graphics or extra features. It's much less selfish. I have a friend that desperately wants to play IV and V, but he can't afford a PS3 or 4. If I get it for PS4, I can lend him my 3 and both games, and he can finally play them. 

So, in my case, it's just about being a benevolent and, frankly, awesome friend. 

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

GTA SA>GTA 4>GTA V End of discussion.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

They will release the game in 2016.all you people praise rockstar for not delaying the game to 2020.first there will be a announcement that trailer will come in two weeks.then the trailer will get a delay for another two weeks.and then after two weeks they will just give screenshots add 5 more cars and 2 races to gta v last gen.after 1 week they will release the trailer saying it will come in spring 2015.when spring 2015 comes they will give news about the new features for next gen version and delay the game to september 2015.when september 2015 comes they will again delay the game and release new dlc for last gen versions including story and heists and say the next gen version is delayed because they want to give lot of content for next gen gamers.in  2016 they will release the game with just few new features and people will praise rockstar how good the game was.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

They will release the game in 2016.all you people praise rockstar for not delaying the game to 2020.first there will be a announcement that trailer will come in two weeks.then the trailer will get a delay for another two weeks.and then after two weeks they will just give screenshots add 5 more cars and 2 races to gta v last gen.after 1 week they will release the trailer saying it will come in spring 2015.when spring 2015 comes they will give news about the new features for next gen version and delay the game to september 2015.when september 2015 comes they will again delay the game and release new dlc for last gen versions including story and heists and say the next gen version is delayed because they want to give lot of content for next gen gamers.in  2016 they will release the game with just few new features and people will praise rockstar how good the game was.

It's this kind of positivity that continues to win gamers the reputation of being fair, open-minded, patient and not at all entitled. 

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:00 PM

It's almost as if gamers are the most appreciative fanbase in the entertainment industry.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

It's almost as if gamers are the most appreciative fanbase in the entertainment industry.

An interesting read on this matter:

http://www.puppygames.net/blog/?p=1574

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

More animals, new cars/weapons. Hopefully missions and minigames, but i'm not gonna hold my breath on that.....

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

It's this kind of positivity that continues to win gamers the reputation of being fair, open-minded, patient and not at all entitled. 

Yeah gamers should even ask rockstar to release the game in 2020 and be patient.thats so good isnt it?by that time gamers will have children who will play gta v not allowing their dad to play the game.dont be entitled gamers must only praise and should not speak anything bad about whatever labeled as gta. 

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:39 PM

Hello fellow PC player! I've been waiting for it to come to our platform for a while now. I've never really console gamed, but I finally decided GTA V in the past couple of weeks.

It took some while to adjust to console gaming. I'm trying not to act precious or anything, but I ended up smashing into a lot of stuff because - even though I was playing on a very large TV, I still couldn't see a lot of detail and crispness when driving. The fastness of the cars, jaggedness of the pixels and the general console gaming was very different for me. Needless to say, I was terribad at races. Never new this was a thing till now.

Anyway, I'd love for there to be single player content, but the bread and butter for GTA next gen is online content. Everyone's played the single player, or at the very least seen play throughs. We all know how it ends. I couldn't imagine there being a great focus on single player content when online provides a lot more replayability, and stands to have the most content added into that. We'll see though, I'm not going to act like my opinion is any better than yours, its just what I firmly believe. GTA V next gen isn't about being a new game, it's about enhancements. Whats the best way to show off those enhancements that to look at the differences between what little online has, and what it will have in NG. I'd imagine traffic, pedestrian density, etc. will be a big deal. "LOOK AT WHAT WE CAN DO NOW!"

Howdy.

Well I know and I said it many times that Rockstar idea for the Online in an evolving world is brilliant (as a ,matte rof fact I said this even before we knew that there would be GTAO, when we had a legit leak that shown GTAO in a business plan from T2/ R* an dthat was the way to go based in what is going on in online gaming), but V for PC a way or another is a brand new game, there was no GTA V that you could play with a keyboard and mouse and that you could tweak and use with your hardware, so thats not a remastered version it's a new game... if people have the luck to have money to have other platforms that's another talk.

So first of all and before jumping into the online wagon and knowing the game won't be just the same game as consoles and will properly use the capabilities of todays hardware I wanna know how much that means in terms of the game. I don't expect new missions or a new story or different characters, but in terms of detail, expansion, fluidity of animations, immersion and ability to take advantage of latest tech I expect a lot and knowing them they should use those advantages wisely. And I wanna know about those.

Specially taking into account that R* needs a bait to grab who played the game already, so they need ot have something worthy in terms of gameplay othe rthen just visuals and quantities.

So online it's not my interest before I actually play the game and they should focus on it first, there will be plenty of time to talk about online.

Nick930930
  • Nick930930

the Godfather

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2014 - 09:29 PM Edited by Nick930930, 19 August 2014 - 09:30 PM.

I hope we get a trailer showing some new online features... Like 'animals are now apparent in online' and 'traffic is now more dense', or even 'weather is now more dynamic like it was in single player' etc. I'm hoping we also get to see some new features like a character creation or something like that.

At the very least, I expect to see gameplay/trailer showing the differences between current gen and NC/PC online, because that's where the main focus would be. Unless they decide to add in single player content, which I doubt.

As a PC player and about online, I have to say this:

Screw online for now, I want to know about the SP game first... in fact I think they should do what they did with consoles and start online access after a week or two of game release, we should also have some time to try the game, play it and see how it is and then be able to login... although the main point of this would be so that everyone started at the same time with the same chance of acquiring experience but because of this transfer BS, not even the PC platform will start anew, we'll have to play with high ranked cheaters and glitchers that come from consoles... I could understand that consoles want to switch from consoles, they had the chance to play before and other then a few cases who have a new console now, played the game in the old ones... but PC is new so we shouldn't be included in this transfer bullcrap. It's not like we can play cross platform it's just a one time transfer...

So screw online news, I wanna know about the game enhancements as a whole, not online... I'm sick of online useless garbage news in the last months.

I'm not a high ranked glitcher or cheater. I earned a rank 136 fair and square. Get over it. I'm going to steam roll you in each of my 14 super cars. 

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:42 AM Edited by S1LV3R_W0LF, 20 August 2014 - 12:44 AM.

Well I'm talking about the majority of the cases, as for you I don't know how you did it and your word means nothing, but if you got so touched about that ... well that might mean something.

Anyway I don't see how the fk that is fair to the players that are starting a new game that wasn't ever available to their platform, I don't see the point of that... although by my own experience I know that a lot of high ranked players will start crying when they get pwned by a lame gun when s low level kicks their ass using only his skill (it happens all the time, specially in those pay to win games).

But it still isn't fair and a lot of BS will be transfered over.

Oh and as for your "I'm going to steam roll you" ... I'm looking forward for that, in fact give me your Social Club name and I'll add you, can't wait to ashame you and your big mouth. I'm in the online gaming for more then 12 years and guys like you come and go all the time.

________

And lets get back to the topic now, this is about the trailer and it's content, in my opinion Online shouldn't be a main point already, they need to focus on SP first and leave online till the game is out or more of it is revealed.

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:11 AM

16c3lag.jpg

• SocalZHP and Cezar24 like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:14 AM

It wasn't funny the first time.

• SCOOBASTEEB likes this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:04 AM

still no news of gta v next gen version.no news of any dlc.rockstar keep silent and fans dont ask rockstar for release date.

calvooo
  • calvooo

Snitch

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:06 AM

Why?

If you dont know already.. R* is so:

- unpredictable

- mysterious

- reveal only basic info

- hit us with release date a day before ( maybe more :) )

If im honest, i like that. Because they dont reveal everything or dont reveal nothing about game, and you must wait for release and find out through the gameplay what they gave us. 

Its not fun if you know everything about game/gameplay/stuff in the game/ and so on few months before game release.

• Zito likes this

DonMichaelCorleone
  • DonMichaelCorleone

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

atleast give screenshots.they dont announce release date close to the release date.they will also delay the release date after announcement.the gap between announcement and release is too long.no other developer do like this.waiting for gta v pc for 4 years.still not even a single news about dlc for last gen consoles.dont defend rockstar.they need to be severely criticized for these very long delays.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:31 AM Edited by one55, 20 August 2014 - 08:33 AM.

what more is there to reveal? it's the same game with just better graphics/performance and the reveal trailer showed that off perfectly.

oh wait were you expecting to see scenes from new missions? new vehicles? interiors? 

it's the same game

as for screenshots....it's pretty much pointless releasing any. i mean just look at all the ones get from the supposedly ps3/360 versions. doesn't look anything like the game at all. the screenshots are of a higher quality. possibly from the ps4/x1 or pc. so why do we need more? just go look at the old ones.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

what more is there to reveal? it's the same game with just better graphics/performance and the reveal trailer showed that off perfectly.

oh wait were you expecting to see scenes from new missions? new vehicles? interiors? 

it's the same game

as for screenshots....it's pretty much pointless releasing any. i mean just look at all the ones get from the supposedly ps3/360 versions. doesn't look anything like the game at all. the screenshots are of a higher quality. possibly from the ps4/x1 or pc. so why do we need more? just go look at the old ones.

I don't know about you but I'm really looking forward to the new higher quality screenshots. The NG trailer was full of familiar landscapes and places but they also looked so fresh and new. The mountain top was almost unrecognizable!

Give me new next-gen screenshots!!!

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:24 AM

There will obviously be another trailer before release at some point. It's marketing. What we see in that will be small snippets of what they want us to speculate on. If you expect everything to be laid out telling you what is and isnt in the game then you're just plain stupid.

VIce City Again
  • VIce City Again

V is on PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

At least they aren't doing the Watch Dogs method and releasing tons of trailers, screenshots, and information about the game. All that left gamers with nothing new or suprising.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

At least they aren't doing the Watch Dogs method and releasing tons of trailers, screenshots, and information about the game. All that left gamers with nothing new or suprising.

Not exactly, it was surprising because those trailers and shots were better then the final product... :lol:

SocalZHP
  • SocalZHP

Yeah buddy

• Members

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:03 AM

Not exactly, it was surprising because those trailers and shots were better then the final product... :lol:

In their defense, so was GTA V's. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users