Quantcast

» «
Photo

Auto prune locked threads (see inside)

3 replies to this topic
Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

I've been wondering if we can have an auto prune system that doesn't affect pinned threads.

Leaving locked threads forever in a section where it's not that busy creates a bit of a mess.

It's possible to detect if the thread is pinned, and make an exception for that.

So is it possible to have an auto prune system that soft deletes locked threads after 30 days (soft meaning a moderator can restore if necessary)?

E:

I just woke up, don't blame me for the title ;-;

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:12 PM

>insife

I don't think this is too good of an idea, especially since if I wanna look up something like say, prespeculation on an older game or something like that, I wouldn't be able to see it. Not only that but many times when I almost made a thread for something, I ended up searching it and I found the answer in a locked thread from a year or so ago.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 and SimsDaniel916 like this

Franceska
  • Franceska

You look up to me like I'm a pizza on the roof.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom
  • Queen of Pandas

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

I don't think this is too good of an idea, especially since if I wanna look up something like say, prespeculation on an older game or something like that, I wouldn't be able to see it. Not only that but many times when I almost made a thread for something, I ended up searching it and I found the answer in a locked thread from a year or so ago.

Pretty sure this won't be that much of an issue in sections where it's not that popular where there's always someone who makes a new thread about the subject because they can't use the search option / don't care looking if it's already covered.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich, so wie du bist.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

Pretty sure this won't be that much of an issue in sections where it's not that popular where there's always someone who makes a new thread about the subject because they can't use the search option / don't care looking if it's already covered.

But if they use the search option, they might be able to find the answer they were looking for from an old thread. It beats the alternative, like the same question being asked every few months

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users