Advanced Content Creator Guide

94 replies to this topic
Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Hey Zor, I was wondering if it were possible to have an NPC fly around the map in an aircraft, like a shamal?

I'll do some testing and get back to you on that.

So far, I tested various actors in Lazer Jets. Most of them remained in them idle, doing absolutely nothing. Black Ops 1 Actors however were driving them causally around the runway. 

I placed them in Fort Zancudo. 

So the best I've gotten so far was a casual drive. He didn't even react to me. 

I would like to mention that I just discovered that we've been given a new prop. And it's a large light that shines during night time.

Under Machinery you will find the ''Generator & Lamp'' prop. It shines bright if it's set to night so... stronktank. This is a lot better than the Water Machine. Plus it isn't a Dynamic prop.
  • Izzy Glitch likes this

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:44 PM

Prior to the current patch, actors placed in the buzzard and set to wander would simply fly off and...wander.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

Essentially, I'm planning on doing a Capture where teams start at the edge of the city and they have to capture a case.

The case however would be in the hands of an Actor flying a helicopter randomly around downtown. They have to shoot him down and retrieve the case. 

I'll be giving wander another go at this.

Maybe even adding a hostile actor with a pistol and low accuracy next to him so that the hostile actor attacks the actor in the helicopter thus scaring him, making him fly faster. Same could be applied to a super vehicle where players have to chase him through the city. (Without weapons where they would have to run him off the road and physically throw him out)

I need to write this down. I'm having an inflation of ideas right now!

• Hamsterbaffle and Flukey like this

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:55 PM

Good thread.
While creating a race you are able to build props through destructable/shiftable objects such as fences, streetlights, boulders, bins etc. by switching to the vehicle camera, smashing and clearing the space with the vehicle and then placing the prop in the clearing.
When the prop is placed, the destructible object will reappear but the prop will be placed straight through it.
Its useful for building over previously unproppable surfaces. You can get some interesting effects like wrapping tirestacks around light poles.
Maybe you could add this to your list :)
  • Zorvaine likes this

mechluvin89psn
  • mechluvin89psn

The One and Only

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

What happens with actors respawns if you are somewhere far from a road? Do they become useless as they spawn outside the set play area? Will they respawn outside of there range of movement? Do they then get stuck or do they go back twds the range they are allowed?

SACHMATA
  • SACHMATA

Content Creator

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

Perfect theme Zorvaine.:)
My experiments show that the plane can fly with actor and object capture inside. Preparing a mission in which aircraft (Titan) must be removed. In the beginning at the start of the game you see a plane flying against you. There are technical details and experiments to fix and I will write here.
For now in the test option work. I want to be 100% sure and then we'll discuss it.
I'm trying to do custom missions with high complexity and logical thinking for them, but for that you need a lot of testing and constant changes.
One question please. 
Is anyone able to put the the object of capture under water?
  • Hamsterbaffle and Zorvaine like this

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:16 AM Edited by handcuff_charlie, 21 August 2014 - 08:16 AM.

What happens with actors respawns if you are somewhere far from a road? Do they become useless as they spawn outside the set play area? Will they respawn outside of there range of movement? Do they then get stuck or do they go back twds the range they are allowed?

They respawn similar to players now, or at least in the last patch. They do not move unless they are set to hostile and/or aggressive

UniqueAsh
  • UniqueAsh

Deathmatch + Capture Creator AKA TheBhoys2011

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

I'm going to make some intense captures with this, the ideas that are flowing through my head right now are just insane i may need a new notepad! DAM!

• Zorvaine likes this

SACHMATA
  • SACHMATA

Content Creator

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

Essentially, I'm planning on doing a Capture where teams start at the edge of the city and they have to capture a case.

The case however would be in the hands of an Actor flying a helicopter randomly around downtown. They have to shoot him down and retrieve the case. 

Maybe even adding a hostile actor with a pistol and low accuracy next to him so that the hostile actor attacks the actor in the helicopter thus scaring him, making him fly faster. Same could be applied to a super vehicle where players have to chase him through the city. (Without weapons where they would have to run him off the road and physically throw him out)

I have a capture "MISSION: SECRET CODES". It was published, but it is still a test. It must capture the briefcase, which is in the air (actor in helicopter). But there is a problem. If you explode the helicopter sometimes briefcase remained hang it in the air 
where has been the helicopter. Sometimes it goes down to the ground.
The task is it to be shot down with a sniper ( no RPG) 
Actor settings are: aggressive - unarmed - hostile. So are set because you need to be around you. (The action is on the island). No time now, but will test it and find out where the reason.

AgentBuckwald
  • AgentBuckwald

A little column A, a little column B

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

I have a capture "MISSION: SECRET CODES". It was published, but it is still a test. It must capture the briefcase, which is in the air (actor in helicopter). But there is a problem. If you explode the helicopter sometimes briefcase remained hang it in the air 
Actor settings are: aggressive - unarmed - hostile. So are set because you need to be around you. (The action is on the island). No time now, but will test it and find out where the reason.

I made a similar mission to Zor's, but even though the pilot was set to aggressive and wander, the heli wouldn't take off at all, let alone roam the city randomly.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

Alright, perhaps if it's set to forced to avoid explosives.

Does the pilot fly around? Is he set to wander, if so does he wander and how far?

Also, if we get planes to work, that would be excellent.

SACHMATA
  • SACHMATA

Content Creator

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

Alright, perhaps if it's set to forced to avoid explosives.

Does the pilot fly around? Is he set to wander, if so does he wander and how far?

Also, if we get planes to work, that would be excellent.

these days I'm engaged, but I'll find time again to test my flying objects capture. I hope that with joint efforts soon we have and flying planes with actors inside

• Zorvaine likes this

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:54 AM

Not trying to be a party pooper here but I did extensive work several months back trying to get actors to effectively fly and the end result is they pretty much don't in live gameplay. Here's the thread for reference:

http://gtaforums.com...t-observations/

• SACHMATA likes this

AgentBuckwald
  • AgentBuckwald

A little column A, a little column B

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

Like Zor pointed out, have you tried placing two NPCs in an aircraft that are hostile to each other? Maybe that could get the pilot to try and run away in a predictable AI pattern.

Tonight I'll try editing my heli job so that the pilot is set to wander and defensive, while the passenger is hostile and aggressive to the pilot.

S0lo
  • S0lo

I killed the King!

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:35 AM Edited by King S0lo, 22 August 2014 - 10:42 AM.

just a small addition to the clipping part of the list; i preferably use the cash crate from the crates and boxes section to switch to the green containers. allows for the steepest angles and takes much less space than the cement blocks. for the ramps i always use the sign that is one hit on the d-pad right off the first one. it's the shortest and smallest sign and also goes on very steep surfaces.

using the cash crate and a big ramp you can easily start a container ramp right from the ground. place the big ramp, then place a cash crate, pick it up again, and place it as low down on the ramp as possible, then do the clipping glitch to switch to the green container. placing one on each side of the ramp you can easily make a double container ramp like this. sometimes the container ramp will start perfectly from the ground, sometimes you'll need to add one small ramp in front of it because it sticks out a tiny bit. definitely the easiest way to start a container ramp.

• Zorvaine likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

just a small addition to the clipping part of the list; i preferably use the cash crate from the crates and boxes section to switch to the green containers. allows for the steepest angles and takes much less space than the cement blocks. for the ramps i always use the sign that is one hit on the d-pad right off the first one. it's the shortest and smallest sign and also goes on very steep surfaces.

I'll add the sign. 

Also if you check the spoiler, I did in fact add the Cash Crate.

Thx for the input. Your small starting grid is very useful.

S0lo
  • S0lo

I killed the King!

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

I'll add the sign. 

Also if you check the spoiler, I did in fact add the Cash Crate.

Thx for the input. Your small starting grid is very useful.

oh, looks like i missed that. nvm then.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:35 PM

One question please. 

Yes. Only in waters that are not marked as 'sea'. Like the pools on the golf course, or rivers. Just dive under with your character and open the menu. You'll have to be fast in rivers though.

SACHMATA
  • SACHMATA

Content Creator

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Not trying to be a party pooper here but I did extensive work several months back trying to get actors to effectively fly and the end result is they pretty much don't in live gameplay. Here's the thread for reference:

Perfect job, congratulations! 
I also work for a long time on the flying objects.
I'm very sorry that I write with Google translator and can not be understood properly. 

I totally agree with you about the platforms and aircraft on them. I think the only way to fly a plane to be in the air. 
Any attempts to make the plane initiating flight from the ground no sense (maybe)
How to fly (in the test) ? 
Through the platform of containers in the air (50+ container height) Before the test remove the containers.
I put Titan. The platform is small, but in the menu (military) tank up to it. By Glitch (for placing objects) Titan is on the platform.
Actors inside: 2 Black ops
Settings: High - aggressive - Micro MG - Hostile (can put an object to capture) 
Start points - a horizontal line with the aircraft (pilots).
The aim is (Black Ops) to see you and fly at you. Black ops shoot you with Micro MG. The plane flies over you and you can go after him. Titan is very slow and poorly maneuverable. If you are flying behind him, he tries to chase you, but it does not. Strange but the pilots very well managed aircraft. 
Very briefly this is my own studies on the topic. 
I'm sorry that I can not professionally and thoroughly explain my experiments, but Google translation takes me a long time. 
By now I was able to make 3 aircraft flying simultaneously. There are times when one of them crashed down. I want to fix that and then I will say with certainty.

SACHMATA

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

One question please. 

Yes. Only in waters that are not marked as 'sea'. Like the pools on the golf course, or rivers. Just dive under with your character and open the menu. You'll have to be fast in rivers though.

I would deliberately set the Capture Object just before a large waterfall or rapids to send people off.

Better yet, place a Large Gas Tank with a Security Fence next to it at the end of the current/waterfall for the player to hit it. (Gas Tanks blow up when they're touched by Security Fences. Both are Dynamic props) Underwater explosions FTW.

• SACHMATA likes this

SACHMATA
  • SACHMATA

Content Creator

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Perfect job, congratulations! 
I also work for a long time on the flying objects.
I'm very sorry that I write with Google translator and can not be understood properly. 

I totally agree with you about the platforms and aircraft on them. I think the only way to fly a plane to be in the air. 
Any attempts to make the plane initiating flight from the ground no sense (maybe)
How to fly (in the test) ? 
Through the platform of containers in the air (50+ container height) Before the test remove the containers.
I put Titan. The platform is small, but in the menu (military) tank up to it. By Glitch (for placing objects) Titan is on the platform.
Actors inside: 2 Black ops
Settings: High - aggressive - Micro MG - Hostile (can put an object to capture) 
Start points - a horizontal line with the aircraft (pilots).
The aim is (Black Ops) to see you and fly at you. Black ops shoot you with Micro MG. The plane flies over you and you can go after him. Titan is very slow and poorly maneuverable. If you are flying behind him, he tries to chase you, but it does not. Strange but the pilots very well managed aircraft. 
Very briefly this is my own studies on the topic. 
I'm sorry that I can not professionally and thoroughly explain my experiments, but Google translation takes me a long time. 
By now I was able to make 3 aircraft flying simultaneously. There are times when one of them crashed down. I want to fix that and then I will say with certainty.

SACHMATA

• BenMillard likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Brilliant explanation Sach. 

I thought that if you stack props and place a plane in the sky that it would simply fall to the ground and blow up but if you're telling us that the Actors will actually take control of it and fly then I will definitely have to test it out. 

The fact that you're going through extra effort to communicate with us and share your discoveries is well respected. So you have my personal Thank You. 

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

SACHMATA
  • SACHMATA

Content Creator

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

Brilliant explanation Sach. 

I thought that if you stack props and place a plane in the sky that it would simply fall to the ground and blow up but if you're telling us that the Actors will actually take control of it and fly then I will definitely have to test it out. 

The fact that you're going through extra effort to communicate with us and share your discoveries is well respected. So you have my personal Thank You. 

Thank you my friend

Yes, if the plane is small (light) or tilted it down. I also tried all kinds of aircraft. Titan also drops, but heavy, the wings are its huge. The actors have time to react when they see you. But many exactly have to calculate everything. Important is the fact that the actors always start the game before you.

I do not have much time, but I'll try these days with you to enter into my test version and see. Two months I think this mission, but I do not have a clear head to finish:)
  • Zorvaine likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:48 PM

Awesome, Sach. So basically, the Actors in the plane which start high in the air, must be placed above Player Starting Points so that when they get close to a player while falling, they will start flying? 

Meaning that, if I position the Actors in the falling plane far away from players, they will crash because they need a player nearby to ''activate''?

Also, for everyone here reading, I thought about a genius idea on a new feature R* could add:

- Weapon Ammo Capacity

In the Creator, when you would go to Weapons and upon placing a weapon, you could set the amount of ammo it has. So if you're going to place an AP Pistol, there could be a slider which would range between 32 - 9999 bullets.

This would solve the issue of people running out of ammo in Forced Weapon captures! So, please. If you're going to send anything to R* include this. It would help us A LOT!
  • stronktank and SACHMATA like this

funmw2
  • funmw2

Foot Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:26 PM

- Weapon Ammo Capacity

In the Creator, when you would go to Weapons and upon placing a weapon, you could set the amount of ammo it has. So if you're going to place an AP Pistol, there could be a slider which would range between 32 - 9999 bullets.

This actually exists !

But it's limited for R* devs .

• Zorvaine likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

- Weapon Ammo Capacity

This actually exists !

But it's limited for R* devs .

Fantastic.

All we need to do now is to let R* know that we want it released to the public. Thank you for sharing this, funmw2. 

iRideIndependent
  • iRideIndependent

Mr. Unpopular Opinion

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:48 AM Edited by iRideIndependent, 24 August 2014 - 04:51 AM.

Am I the only one having problems getting an Actor to hold a capture object?

Edit: Nevermind, I got it.

Izzy Glitch
  • Izzy Glitch

aka V_A_L_K_R_I_E aka israelissac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

1_1.jpg1_0.jpg

regarding the laying down or dead body in photo of capture. just found out you do not need to back out of the job to activated the do not get back up effect. just test the job. exit the test and the actors will then be ready to play dead. repeat till you get the desired pose.

• Zorvaine and SACHMATA like this

dillono
  • dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:59 AM Edited by dillono, 24 August 2014 - 07:59 AM.

I like how Zoraine doesn't have anything under stacked props, which is almost the easiest thing to do in the Creator.

dillono
  • dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

1_1.jpg1_0.jpg

regarding the laying down or dead body in photo of capture. just found out you do not need to back out of the job to activated the do not get back up effect. just test the job. exit the test and the actors will then be ready to play dead. repeat till you get the desired pose.

Never thought I'd say this, but I wish R* made the game a bit more broken. Just if that means we can make the actors stay the f*ck down on the floor. It would complete my exaggeratted attempt of re-making No Country For Old Men.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users