Quantcast

» «
Photo

Advanced Content Creator Guide

83 replies to this topic
Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:23 AM Edited by Zorvaine, 18 August 2014 - 10:02 PM.

Ever wanted a sorted library of Creator tricks hailing for various people with various techniques?

Look no further. I'm going to gather as much as I can and provide all Creator tricks I can find. I will keep updating this post and accepting any new info I discover from anyone participating. 

DYNAMIC:

- EFFECT TRIGGERS

Coming soon.

- WEATHER

Spoiler

- STACKING PROPS

Coming soon.

- CLIPPING PROPS

Spoiler

- GLITCH INSIDE INTERIORS

Coming soon.

RACE CREATOR:

- VEHICLE INTERIOR PHOTO

Spoiler

- SMALL STARTING GRID FOR ALL VEHICLE CLASSES

Spoiler

- CHECKPOINT PLACEMENT ON STEEP AREAS & UNEVEN GROUNDS

Spoiler

DEATHMATCH CREATOR:

- SPAWN POINTS NEXT TO EACH OTHER WITHOUT MINIMUM DISTANCE LIMIT

Spoiler

CAPTURE CREATOR:

- ACTORS IN FLYING & ATTACKING BUZZARDS

Spoiler

- ACTORS INVOLVING VEHICLES & CAPTURE OBJECTS

Spoiler

There is a lot more to come. I will take my time and update the post, adding more and more tutorials and added tricks while of course, crediting the source.

Anyone is welcome to add their input or discovered method and I will add it in. Once this topic grows, it would be ideal for it to be pinned since it will contain everything a creator needs. 

As mentioned, I will continue to add useful tricks along with pictures of their results. Regards, 

Z. 

• BenMillard, MrCamo, mikezilla2 and 14 others like this

dillono
  • dillono

Mom! Mom! MOM GET THE CAMERA!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:20 AM Edited by dillono, 2 days ago.

1.) STACKING PROPS

2.) CLIPPING PROPS

1.) Place container/large currogated cabin somewhere, do it again, press X/A on container or cabin, move it to other container/cabin you want stacked (symetrically), it should be available to place. 

2.) Find a view with (preferabbly) birds-eye perspective with an edge or railing nearby to the place you want it clipped, and simply go to the direction you want the prop clipped, and spam X/A until it's clipped. Works with spawn points, team spawn points, and all props, however this is actually an alt. version of clipping.

• dreaded_verse likes this

Izzy Glitch
  • Izzy Glitch

Creator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:25 AM

would love to know how to make photo inside interiors. if its at all possible. :catspider:

dillono
  • dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

would love to know how to make photo inside interiors. if its at all possible. :catspider:

Nope, when was the last time you saw a photo in an interior?

Rezurrect
  • Rezurrect

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

Not sure if this would be considered off topic or not, but does anybody know what the deal is with the invisible options when creating a race? They're at the very bottom of the list of options after selection set vehicles, time of day, etc.

I've never bothered with them, mostly because I'm afraid that I won't be able to reset the race back to normal, but I'm still very curious as to what they do.

Izzy Glitch
  • Izzy Glitch

Creator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:42 AM

don't touch its a trap. a very damaging trap.

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Non-Humans are Cutest!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

Wait, you mentioned copying jobs, but how exactly do you do that? OAAAO

dillono
  • dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:33 AM

I'll give you a hint:

Spoiler

• BitPieStudios, MathieuReckless and Izzy Glitch like this

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Non-Humans are Cutest!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

I'll give you a hint:

Spoiler

Got it.

get out of a car.

dillono
  • dillono

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

I'll give you a hint:

Spoiler

Got it.

get out of a car.

Or jack one, works either way.

• BitPieStudios likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

That is not yet possible.

At the main Creator menu go to Published Jobs and once you're highlighted over one of your jobs you will notice a Copy option. It's triangle for PS3. The job will then copy itself into your Saved jobs. 

Not sure if this would be considered off topic or not, but does anybody know what the deal is with the invisible options when creating a race? They're at the very bottom of the list of options after selection set vehicles, time of day, etc.

I've never bothered with them, mostly because I'm afraid that I won't be able to reset the race back to normal, but I'm still very curious as to what they do.

As others have said, DO NOT touch that. Your race will be lost if you do. 

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:20 PM Edited by RealHoosier07, 17 August 2014 - 05:23 PM.

You are wrong about the actors in vehicles not moving if nobody is around.  You have to set the patrol range of the driver to WANDER to get them to move all the time.  I created a job called Colorado Convoy Assault.  I have NPC's with duffel bags as the objects driving around Los Santos.  I figured out that you can get them to move as soon as the job starts by setting the drivers patrol range to WANDER.  If you use any other setting, they will by stationary until you get close to them.  

Also, you can give the object to either the driver or the passenger in the car.  If the driver has the object, as soon as you kill him he will drop they object on the road.  I always gave it to the passenger because when the driver is killed, the passenger would take the drivers seat and drive off if you didn't kill him too....and he the object is still in the car with him.  

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

You are wrong about the actors in vehicles not moving if nobody is around.  You have to set the patrol range of the driver to WANDER to get them to move all the time.  I created a job called Colorado Convoy Assault.  I have NPC's with duffel bags as the objects driving around Los Santos.  I figured out that you can get them to move as soon as the job starts by setting the drivers patrol range to WANDER.  If you use any other setting, they will by stationary until you get close to them.  

Also, you can give the object to either the driver or the passenger in the car.  If the driver has the object, as soon as you kill him he will drop they object on the road.  I always gave it to the passenger because when the driver is killed, the passenger would take the drivers seat and drive off if you didn't kill him too....and he the object is still in the car with him.  

I said that those who have it set to Stationary only start following when a hostile player enters their patrol radius. You misunderstood.

RealHoosier07
  • RealHoosier07

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:38 PM Edited by RealHoosier07, 17 August 2014 - 05:39 PM.

"If you want the Actor to pursue and shoot at other players, set him to hostile to the team you wish him to attack. Give him a Micro SMG. It is the best weapon for a vehicle pursuing actor. Set him aggressive and give him high accuracy for the best effect. Fast cars are also advised. Patrol radius determines the Actor's aggro range. He will not move the vehicle if no one is around. He will pursue the person that enters his aggro radius which is the large red circle."    

I don't see anything in there about setting it to stationary.  You just said that the actor will not move the vehicle if no one is around. 

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

Big thumbs up

• TheBhoys2011 likes this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:04 PM Edited by Zorvaine, 17 August 2014 - 06:04 PM.

Basically, I didn't mention Wander at all. You're saying as if I typed it wrong when I just didn't mention it. 

I will add the fact that if you set them to Wander that they will wander. No need to get fussy about it. I wasn't wrong, I just didn't mention wandering. 

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

Wander is totally useless from my experience. The actor literally just "wanders" off in whatever direction which most likely is going to be away from where any players are going to be.

stronktank
  • stronktank

stronkwave

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:59 PM

Great initiative!

Some things that might be added.

Races

- What can be done with lights (actually mostly the water machine but more might come). When set to night time it can really be used well.

First experience was with Fachuro's Vegetarian, it is already visible in the picture.

- What can be done with finish lines (the prop clip + stacking might be needed). Check out most of deejayb's 0,62 races. My personal favourite was in this one: Tahitian 8 DD 0.62

- For the ramp stacking, might add in some specefic vid's?

Deatmatches

- Spawn inside/above the water: Place any prop above the water (check prop clipping on a water ramp) and REplace a spawn point on it. Delete the props afterwards of course. When the stacks are made higher the fall will of course be higher too but you will also START the DM underwater.

- Spawns+props underwater: Only possible in waters that are not in the 'sea' area. For example a river, or some of the concrete bottom canals. To place spawns, or props just dive underwater with your character and try to keep it stable, then open the menu and start working! Stacking works too. Examples of this: Piranhas. (river), Piranhas II (open sea), Filthy Piranhas. (concrete bottom canal)

- Dynamics: Stack vehicles on top of props and delete the props. The higher the stack, the longer it takes till it falls, and mostly explodes. Put a gas tank under for a heavier blast. Example: Gladiators 2022, might also check one of Izzy Glitch's DM's.

• BenMillard, Zorvaine and Izzy Glitch like this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

Yes, all of that I intend to add. Soon. Having a busy day but there is no rush. 

I knew about the water spawning, will definitely have to add that. 

Keep adding stuff, people! 

• stronktank and Izzy Glitch like this

Izzy Glitch
  • Izzy Glitch

Creator

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:43 AM

http://socialclub.ro...Sw?platformId=2

cars when fall do not always explode but do get damaged I don't know how far up in stacking you have to place a car for it to blow up when falling yet...

BUT Planes explode very easily. they can explode in mid air when they hit each other and buildings possibly props too. But this vehicle exploding effect Only works for deathmatches.

In captures the vehicles just spawn on the ground damaged like they warped speed, unfortunately. Best example of exploding planes effect can be found in my DM Gov.Fundead.link above.

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:32 AM

for placing Checkpoints on steep areas; i prefer making a platform from small ramps through switching from signs. works on way steeper grounds than the cabins and is closer to the ground.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:42 AM

Nice work Z :)

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:57 PM Edited by Zorvaine, 18 August 2014 - 09:57 PM.

UPDATE: Today I decided to add, if not, one of the most important tools in the Advanced Content Creator Guide. Prop Clipping.

I require opinions. Is it simple and understandable enough? So far, I only added the basics in passive aggressive step-by-step instructions. 

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:32 PM

Good explanation Z.

IMHO yes it is simple and clear enough.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

WELCOME TO THE TERRORDOME.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:46 PM

Too bad most content creators do this to create unfair one sided dms/tdms and races.

• uNi likes this

BlackMetalDevil
  • BlackMetalDevil

Killing Time...

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

Good job starting this collaberative guide Zorvaine, I'll add some tips/tricks that are good to know.

- Bonus Checkpoint: The race grid can be edited and placed over an existing checkpoint, helps out with short lap races or races that double back on corners. 

- Indestructible Bike Warning: Be aware of the indestructible bike glitch when making bmx/motorbike races, you will test a race thinking it's either a safe landing distance or a smooth ramp but when you play it online you can't land the jumps or the ramp snags your bike and bucks you off. 
During your final test purposely crash to make sure your bike is not in the glitch and that your jumps/ramps are working for unglitched bikes. 
**For those who don't know which glitch I mean, to start the bike glitch in create-a-race press select to go to vehicle view and crash your bike, the screen should go black and take you back to the race details screen. 
Now press select again and try to crash again, you won't be able to, you can ride upside down on your head and do other cool stunts you wouldn't usually survive. 
To return the bike back to normal for testing you will need to test the race then after it starts exit the test, then start the test again, it should be normal again now. 

- How to avoid making invisible props:  If you place a prop and then pick it up again but not re-place it (cancelling the edit) it will not have the same draw distance as a normally placed prop, this is why some objects don't appear unitl you're right in front of them (frustrating when it's big ramps on high speed races). To test what I'm talking about place 2 containers, now pretend to edit one and then cancel it, now keep zooming out and you should see that the one you edit-canceled vanishes before the one you left alone. This can also be used on purpose if you wanted to make "magic" objects appear out of thin air.

- Vertical Container stacking: Place a small ramp on flat ground, now choose the cement bags (construction prop #1) and find the tiny sweet spot between the flat ground and the bottom of the ramp (it's right between where the cement bags go from being level with the ground and being angled on the ramp), the cement bags should now be vertical instead of horizontal, now quick-switch left or right to the container you want to place vertically and place it. 

- Straight Ramp/Objects Tip: Before starting a mega ramp or other structures that require precise alignment try to find a straight edge somewhere close and pick a fence or container you can line up square with the straight edge, now level the camera out to that same angle so you can quickly place another ramp/object by moving up or down to place another object to edit and place on top of the previous ramp/object. This saves a lot of time and allows you to quickly build straight ramps/objects without having to align each new object.

- Item Swapping Switch Glitch: I sometimes use another clip/switch method I figured out a while ago that allows me to clip/switch any prop at any angle, not sure if it's known by others but I never see it mentioned. 
Quick tutorial: Place large ramp, place blue bus on level ground somewhere close, place a 2nd blue bus next to the first bus, now edit the 2nd bus and go down to the item counter (ramp is prop #1, 1st bus is prop #2, 2nd bus is prop #3), now cycle left and the 2nd bus (prop #3) will stack on top of the 1st bus (prop #2), now quick-switch/clip the 2nd bus (prop #3) from the 1st bus (prop #2) to the ramp (prop #1) and hit 'X' to place it. Timing is similar to normal clipping/switching but not exact, so keep trying tapping X either .01 seconds earlier or later until you find the sweet spot. 
This is much harder than the other commonly known methods of placing props but opens up every prop type instead of just the first prop in each category for various angles allowing you to create more unique obstacles. This is a "if all else fails" trick I use when the normal methods don't meet my requirements.
The blue bus is just an example of a prop that is usually unavailable to switch to on angled surfaces/ramps, as long as prop #3 can be stacked on prop #2 it can be switch-clipped to prop #1. You need to plan ahead if using this method, to build a mega ramp like the green containers out of something like buses you would need to place a ramp, then two props to act as the switchers, then place your second ramp and another 2 props to act as switchers, keep building the ramp whilst making sure you set aside 2 props for each new ramp piece to edit later. When the normal mega ramp is complete you can then go back to the 2 props for each ramp you set aside to switch buses onto and then delete the supporting ramp underneath it, confusing as hell but hey, you said you were doing an "advanced" guide so there it is if you can get your head around it!! 
  • mikezilla2, Flukey, BridgeHat and 4 others like this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

if you wanna ride with your homies in capture creator

first place what vehicle you want to use

secondly take an npc set to neutral and stationary so they don't drive away then place them over the vehicle, they'll hop into the driver seat.

Take however more homies you can fit in your ride and place them into the vehicle, make sure that your homies are set to friendly else they'll attack or drive off.

Test CC, go over to the car your homies are in and toss out the driver, if they're armed you might wanna run them over so they don't provoke your homies if you want your homies to stay in the car.

Should it work, you can ride around SA with a car load of homies, can be any npc group, i like riding thug with the families and doing drive bys on ballas.
  • Zorvaine, Izzy Glitch and SACHMATA like this

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

Excellent additions. 

I have a long list of personal tricks I've found. I will add them soon. Soon enough... 

• mikezilla2 and stronktank like this

TheBhoys2011
  • TheBhoys2011

Deathmatch + Capture Creator AKA UniqueAsh

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

Brilliant work Zor best thread I've read on these forums in weeks so was very pleased to come across this, if your a creator this is really useful and can bring more ideas to the table :)

• Zorvaine likes this

Riptide651
  • Riptide651

A little column A, a little column B

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:49 PM

Hey Zor, I was wondering if it were possible to have an NPC fly around the map in an aircraft, like a shamal?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users