Ps3 makes too much noise.

2 replies to this topic
/////AMG
  • /////AMG

In it to win it

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:52 AM

My ps3 makes too much noise after 15 mins of playing. Really a bunch of noise you can hear it in the other room. It comes from the fan i think. I tried to clean it with a vacuum cleaner, but no luck. Anyone knows what i can do about it? Maybe its because i have my ps3 since 2008, but everything else works good only that noise is killing me. Would love to hear some options to get rid of that noise. Thx.

GreatGig
  • GreatGig

Ron Swanson, A Swan Song.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:39 PM Edited by GreatGig, 18 August 2014 - 02:39 PM.

Ambient temperature seems to have quite an impact on the old PS3's so try to make sure the room isn't too hot. The way I managed to fix my noise problem was by having the PS lying horizontally and risen by about an inch (I put a couple of DVD cases underneath until I made a proper stand for it and that did the job). The exhaust area on the back is rather rubbish so it needs quite a lot of room to breathe.

/////AMG
  • /////AMG

In it to win it

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Ambient temperature seems to have quite an impact on the old PS3's so try to make sure the room isn't too hot. The way I managed to fix my noise problem was by having the PS lying horizontally and risen by about an inch (I put a couple of DVD cases underneath until I made a proper stand for it and that did the job). The exhaust area on the back is rather rubbish so it needs quite a lot of room to breathe.

My ps3 is on my nightstand so it has a lot of room to breathe. Mine is also lying horizontally, im gonna try that with the DVD cases. Also im gonna clean it again.

Thanks man appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users