Quantcast

» «
Photo

Vehicles which surprised and/or disappointed you?

102 replies to this topic
gorskiegangsta
  • gorskiegangsta

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

I'm interested, which vehicles in game have surprised and/or disappointed you.

[NOTE: Remember, the following is my opinion, so try not take any of this personally.]

The ones that surprised me (in a positive way) are:
-F260 - classy looking car with good performance that many people still overlook
-Penumbra - looks amazing after modding with decent, albeit non-competitive, performance which may overlook as well
-Fusilade - sure enough, it ain't a looker, but the performance is rock solid for a non-premium vehicle, and it's quite dependable in missions/free roam
-Panto - I thought it was going to be just a temporary '4-da-lolz' purchase, but it turned out to be super fun, quick and nimble little thing
-The Liberator - for its massive size, I'm surprised how quick and maneuverable it is
-Vestra - was hesitant about it at first, but it turned out to be a super fun vehicle which I still use semi-regularly
-Elegy - initially got it simply because it was 'free', but it exceeded my wildest expectations

And the disappointments are:
-Bullet - neither as good looking as a Ford GT, nor as good performing
-Infernus - the true beauty of Murcielago is somehow missing here, the Zonda back doesn't work, and the performance, although good, isn't quite there
-Dump - plunked 1M on it thinking it'll be fun from time to time, alas, it ain't, as it is painfully slow and seems to be made out of paper
-Mesa MW - looks good and unique, but isn't particularly fast (even within its own category) or good off-road, rolls way too easily as well
-JB 700 - as far as sports classics go, it is mediocre in just about every way, the gun props ruin its looks and the performance/fun factor just isn't there.
-Bagger - sure enough it looks good and has lots of mods, but it isn't all that fun to drive
-Youga - looks good with good mods, the performance is decent as well, but it's only a 2-seater #wtf
  • ten-a-penny, RoachKiller_416, Vanilla Poison and 5 others like this

HipHopMagician
  • HipHopMagician

Some guy on Earth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:16 AM

I basically agree with your list.

The Dubsta 6x6 surprised me because it's so fast and it is probably my favorite drifting vehicle. 

The Blade also did because of that crazy acceleration. 

Voltic surprised me too because it flips over nothing, it's amazing. 

• Judicious 7 likes this

System 11:11
  • System 11:11

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Surprised me (in a good way):

The Hijak Kamellion is mostly over-looked. It's amazing how smoothly this vehicle turns actually. The acceleration is quite decent. It looks quite nice, but it has a low-medium top speed.

Bravado Bison: seats six, hauls trailers, and it has decent performance. With sport tires and proper control it's a capable drifter.

Disappointments:

Canis Crusader: Due to the fact that it is a Pegasus vehicle. This vehicle is highly capable on and off-road. It's a best when modded through save editor...shame we can't do so in mp.

Ezza.
  • Ezza.

It's a Massacromance

• Members
  • Australia
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:06 AM

Surprised in a good way:

The Alpha. Definitely overlooked, smexi as hell, and has a top speed and acceleration matching the Jester's.

The Massacro: Always thought that this would be a meh car in the High Life update, but turned out to be my favorite car in the entire GTA Series. Best looking car ever to exist IRL and in-game, IMO. 

Disappointed:

Vacca: Looks good from the front, but the rear should have been drowned at birth.

Bullet: It was the fastest car in TBOGT (besides the Stinger) and sounded amazing, in V it's sub par and gets dominated by the cars it used to dominate.

F620: Same with the Bullet, it was a monster, but now it's just, not.

• Vanilla Poison and Boblel like this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:16 AM

Nice Surprises: Blade, wasn't expecting much from the looks of it but now my favourite muscle.

Dubsta 6x6, knew it would be fun as hell but I didn't expect it to be that good....

Elegy, got it because it was free on day one, thought it would be good but DAYUM that thing wrecks.

I don't count sedans such as the Asterope and sports cars like the Fusillade as surprising because I've always liked the average vehicles for some reason.

Disappointments: F620, after TBOGT I expected much more from it.

Bullet, in V it's a shadow of it's former self.

Comet went from one of the best vehicles in IV for speed and handling, and now it drives like a P.O.S

Sentinel, I much prefer the variant from IV.

Blista, the IV variant was so much better.

• strakan7, ten-a-penny, Crimie Marston and 4 others like this

SlyferFox
  • SlyferFox

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

Surprised:

Cognoscenti Cabrio - I didn't know it was a convertible at first. When I noticed it was, I had to buy it. It's currently my favorite car.

Vestra - Great speed, and it also takes off pretty quick.

Disappointed:

Gauntlet - It's one of the fastest muscle cars, but the custom options suck compared to other muscles. At least the Dominator looks good.

Manana, Peyote, and Tornado - Way too slow and no hydraulics. They're only good to look at.

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"Boobs Are Under-Powered"

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:54 AM

The Pigalle.

Brought it 100% for looks, found out it can eat the Monroe for breakfast.

It has now earned my daily driver spot next to the Comet.

0_0.jpg

• RoachKiller_416, Sugar Free Nos, manicmechanic71 and 7 others like this

Cudwieser
  • Cudwieser

In the Shadows

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:08 AM

Surprises: Not many except the Bullet. Not the fastest but looks good with classic wheels (Big Worm and gulf colours. Another is the Glendale. The right wheels and paint job and it can prove a decent Q Car. Not the fastest, but drifts well and isn't as outdated as the original looks suggest. A step up from previous iterations

Disappointments: Not many. All Cars are what they are. I've drifted away from the Blade. Had a nice affair with it but just can't love it. The Warrener is a so-so car. Looks cool, but little else. Had promise, but the Futo is a better car in every way.

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:23 AM

what i would consider the top 4 surprises out of my garages and just my opinions, because everyone drives differently.

Felon, wasn't too sure about it the first time i came across one, but saw it had looks. then i drove it and instantly knew it was going back to the garage and was a keeper.

Vigero, i couldn't believe how fun i found it to drive.i wouldn't call it a drifter myself, but it sure is fun to get it sideways.

Elegy, for how well it drives for being free.

Primo, while it's no super or sport and not exactly the fastest, it is faster and handles better than most people think or give credit. 

• FAT CURRY likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Boss

• Members
  • Mauritius

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:24 AM

Surprises

Surano - I always thought this was a fast car, but never thought it could keep up with the Massacro in races.

Landstalker - It's quite nimble and has a tight turning radius for an SUV.

Zion - This car seems to be overlooked by players (probably because it's so common on the streets), but it's an agile car that's great for coupe races.

Sovereign - It's a quick bike considering its body style. I used it in some bike races for laughs, and actually found myself keeping pace with the sport bikes.

Disappointments

Blade - Good for races, and nothing else. The wheels spin too much, it takes forever to accelerate, and has a wide turning circle. It feels too impractical for daily driving or missions.

The Liberator - It's a pain in the ass to turn, and is too unpredictable off-road.

Super Diamond - Bad acceleration and traction. It has the turning circle of a bus.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:27 AM

The Pigalle.

0_0.jpg

I've been debating on whether or not to get this.. I've saved up the 400k for it but I feel the next update will be coming soonish and I'll be too broke to afford anything new. I used the Warrener as a DD for a while and really liked it but never twice used it in a race since noone ever races sedans. I barely see classic races either so meh not to mention I read it's fwd

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

"Boobs Are Under-Powered"

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:46 AM

The Pigalle.

0_0.jpg

I've been debating on whether or not to get this.. I've saved up the 400k for it but I feel the next update will be coming soonish and I'll be too broke to afford anything new. I used the Warrener as a DD for a while and really liked it but never twice used it in a race since noone ever races sedans. I barely see classic races either so meh not to mention I read it's fwd

It has some tricky handling, more oversteer than understeer strangely, but after some time behind the wheel; you can throw it around corners like a pro.

Also has damn good traction and more than competent braking.

But to fully flesh out the car, be prepared to shell out around 700k for every thing.

If you can afford it, get it.

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

Turdismo R:  Was expecting something beautiful due to its appearance in GTAIV, ended up with a turd on wheels.

Alpha:  I really digged the beauty of this car when it was revealed, but I did not expect the handing on it to be so superb.

• -Velox and Artruo like this

Contrasting
  • Contrasting

Merryweather IMF

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:34 AM

Turdismo R:  Was expecting something beautiful due to its appearance in GTAIV, ended up with a turd on wheels.

Alpha:  I really digged the beauty of this car when it was revealed, but I did not expect the handing on it to be so superb.

The Turismo looks, sounds, and drives perfect.

Not sure what you're on about.
  • rwolfmercer and hyperar like this

Aby
  • Aby

★ Sexualizer ★

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Biggest Like Whore 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Best New Member 2013

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

Looks perfect?

You might want to get some glasses, dude.

• Artruo likes this

Contrasting
  • Contrasting

Merryweather IMF

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

Looks perfect?

I have a pair, two actually.

& It looks exotic as f*ck, no other car in the game comes even close to it, visually, imo.
  • its_mr_newvegas, Tiny Rick, immature shitposter and 1 other like this

moostered
  • moostered

Racer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:40 AM Edited by moostered, 18 September 2014 - 07:03 PM.

The vacca.It just doesn't feel like a lamborghini.It feels like there isnt a proper modern lambo in the game.The Infernus feels and looks too old to be a modern lamborghini,the vacca looks right but drives horrible and the Zentorno is based of the veneno which is really just a a show off project car.No aventador,no modern murcielago,no decent to drive gallardo and no huracan.:(

Still the biggest good surprise for me was the coquette.Being a based of a corvette I thought it would be a big plastic car that can't turn made for fat obnoxious rednecks.But it's actually pretty fun.It had loads of cool mods and is my second favourite car now.It's not good for races but it is fun.
  • hyperar likes this

Skalden
  • Skalden

Player Hater

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:53 AM

The Sentinel doesnt look like the Sentinels from the previous games, such a shame cause it was the purtiest one!

lazyassedlover
  • lazyassedlover

Lazy Assed Lover - Big Font, Big everything - Miss Los Santos Ju

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:47 AM

The Pigalle.

0_0.jpg

yep, you beat me to it, I actually got in on SP first and didnt like it

when I was rich I though why not and did a better job customising it to my liking

.... plus the handling and speed, beautiful

-GXP-
  • -GXP-

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

The only car that disappointed me was the Surano, only because it has no goddamn gullwing door version.

bossofzeeland
  • bossofzeeland

HARDSTYLE

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

biggest surprise: the Feltzer, when i first started racing with it, it felt like a beast car and it stil does.

biggest letdown: the Thrust, such an overprised motorbike compared to its looks and performance

• ten-a-penny likes this

strakan7
  • strakan7

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:50 AM

Looks perfect?

I like this rendition of the Turismo but I have to say the one from IV would have been better IMO. The Massacro seems to be modelled very closely to it.
That would be my biggest suprise. I didnt expect to like it anywhere near as much as I do, either stock or FM its beautiful and handles so well Its hard to like many other cars in comparison.

FIBagent
  • FIBagent

was on CIA but ban quit .

• BUSTED!
  • Bhutan

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Huntley s , DAYUM I SEE NO ONE DRIVING THAT , i mean great speed and looks !

erkwang
  • erkwang

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

Surprising...

-Kalahari: I completely ignored it for months after it came out until i borrowed one during an offroad run. Thing is a mountain goat, but ugly.

-Panto: Not a fan of smart cars but the performance won me over. That little guy is damn fun and can go anywhere.

Disappointing...

-Duneloader: Looks so great and even has a snorkel but 2wd and no power. 

• FAT CURRY likes this

PatG
  • PatG

If 2 vegans dislike each other, is it still considered beef?

• Van Society
  • Philippines

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:28 PM Edited by PSgtaplayer1, 17 August 2014 - 12:29 PM.

Surprised me in a good way:

Turismo R - I expected it to resemble to look like the one in San Andreas, but I really like the one in GTA 5. Most people don't like it as much, but I guess I'm just a sucker for McLaren cars (especially the P1 and MP4-12)
Elegy RH8 - Bought it at first just because it was free, but after using it for a while, I found it to be one of the smoothest cars to drive in GTA 5.
Blade - Was never really a fan of lowriders, but this is the only exception.
Massacro - I thought that it wouldn't a really special car when I saw the picture, but it has become one of my top 3 favorite cars in the game. Would've like it to have the DB9's clear taillights though.
9F - I love everything about it. May it be the fact that it's an R8 or even the handling that I've learned to control. Only thing that bugs me is that the taillights are a downgrade to the real life one. Top 3 favorite car.
Coquette - Was a beast in GTA 4 and is still a beast in GTA 5.
Fusilade - The most overlooked and underrated car mostly because it's a non-premium vehicle.
Entity XF - I never expected to see a Koenigsegg in GTA....ever. Favorite car in the game.

Disappointments:

Comet - It was a great car and one of the best beck in GTA 4, but they did a bad job with it's handling and performance in this game.
Banshee - Again, a great car in GTA 4 (or the whole GTA series, for that matter), but it's just a meh car now.
Feltzer - Not hating on the performance, but I wish it didn't come with that huge ass bodykit or at least come with a spoiler that's not as obnoxious as the one given. (Something like a regular GT wing for sportscars)
Sultan RS - Love the car in general, but it's more of a disappointment compared to the previous version. I actually liked the fatter bodykit and the sound of the car before.

Looks perfect?

I like this rendition of the Turismo but I have to say the one from IV would have been better IMO. The Massacro seems to be modelled very closely to it.
That would be my biggest suprise. I didnt expect to like it anywhere near as much as I do, either stock or FM its beautiful and handles so well Its hard to like many other cars in comparison.
I always thought the Vacca resembled GTA 4's Turismo more
  • A Maned Wolf and Tiny Rick like this

v17
  • v17

Contractor

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:30 PM Edited by v17, 17 August 2014 - 12:32 PM.

Voltic surprised me most. I was expecting something other than an electric heap of sh*t from a lotus replica.

• Tiny Rick likes this

BigJoe_1
  • BigJoe_1

I'll rustle your jimmies if you give me some sugar ;)

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:32 PM Edited by BigJoe_1, 17 August 2014 - 12:36 PM.

Surprising and/or pleasing:

- Phoenix. I was expecting R* to ruin the true beauty of the 79 Trans Am and turn it into a more modern version but surprisingly they didn't they kept it's true beauty and only made minor changes the only thing that annoys me from time to time is that it doesn't have the side exhausts like the normal 79 Trans Am has, IMO they pretty much nailed it.

- Vigero. Just like the Phoenix I was expecting R* to modernise it and take away it's classic charm but they didn't and thanks to R* making a good decision we still have a 60's Camaro in the game.

- Sentinel. As much as I would like the GTA IV one instead the modern Sentinel is actually quite good Performance and aesthetics wise. It has some racing style mods available, It's one of the few vehicles in the game that has a convertible hardtop roof and suits quite a few of the classy looking wheels.

Disspointments:

- Sultan. This is one of my favorite cars in the game but I just can't get past the fact that despite all teh Sultan RS mods being brought back the left out the widebody kit, I mean come on what kind of elite stret racing car doesn't have a wide body kit.

- Penumbra. It has a whole lot of body mods available, It looks great even when stock, It's one of the few JDM's in the game besides the Futo, Sultan, Elegy and Stratum and it's also one of my favorite cars. Why does it have to have all those good things but not have the performance to match it, You can barely hear the engine rev even when it's fully modded when fully upgraded it barely keeps up with a stock fusilade, I'm pretty sure an upgraded 4th gen Mitsubishi Eclipse can keep with a Chrysler Crossfire.

- Jester. Bringing this back was one of the best chances R* had to do something amazing after taking away the Roosevelt, They could've gave us the 4th gen Toyota Supra. But no R* decide to do the crappier thing and give us a concept car the isn't even in production yet the car they gave us in the Supra's place was the 2015 Acura NSX Concept, Were they high or just out of their minds the 1st gen NSX would've been 10x better.

- Voltic. Not much bad things about this car besides the fact that it was one of the cars that had 2 varients but only one option on Legendary motorsport and the fact that it's clearly in the wrong car class.

- Infernus. I love the Lamborghini Murcielago it's one of my favorite Lambo's besides the Diable and Countach so the fact that we've got a Murcielago lookalike in the game is great for me, However it's rear Bumper is not. The tail lights look like the Poké balls from Pokémon and the exhausts I can't even begin to describe what they remind me of the only thing I'm going to say is that Zonda and Murcielago don't go together. Why mix those two cars anyway, One of them is supposed to be a sleek and sexy luxury Supercar while the other is supposed to stand out and be outrageous it's like mixing bentley and Ferrari R* Don't get any idea's.

- Z-Type. The only problem I've got with this one is that 1. It get's vandalized nonstop by trolls tasteless people and 2. It's the highest performing car in the Sports Classic's category. Where's the logic in that R*? A car from the 40's beating a Lamorghini Miura yeah real logical.

Bongsquirrel
  • Bongsquirrel

Hustler

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:58 PM

The F620 looks so classy a Jag and damn fast

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

The Pigalle.

0_0.jpg

Just wait for the update as there's a new sports classic thrown in with it, and there's a good chance it'll be up there with the Pigalle and Monroe, and hopefully even dethrone the Z-Type if we're lucky!

• Eqaulo likes this

Dottie
  • Dottie

Now with 256 colours!

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

Panto- it's an ugly ass smart car instead of a Fiat vehicle (preferably an old fiat. Note fiat does not own smart)
Every cars performance
Feltzer- no plain version
Alpha- ugly front
Turismo- see alpha
Zentorno- see alpha
Bullet- that ugly carbon chin spoiler
Comet- spoiler
Every off road like vehicle sucks ass at off roading compared to super cars
Tank- no use of the MG
Asterope- not FWD
Jester- not a supra (looks cool but should've been renamed)
Elegy- the back is awful
Huntley Sport- not a Land Rover (the car is cool looking but should've been renamed)
Gauntlet- no. Just no
JB700- the guns. Take them off or make them usable
Fixter- STILL BANNED FOR NO REASON
Blade- too short
Youga- only seats 2
Surfer- see youga
Mesa- almost entirely RWD and has a suspension stiff as a board
Dubsta II- can't own legitimately
Stainer police car- hardly spawns online
Unmarked cruiser- never spawns online
Buffalo police car- never spawns online
Taxi- those damn Guatemalans or whatever suuuuck at driving but it's funny