Photo

[Spoiler] the mission "Drive-By" and I noticed something

12 replies to this topic
lucy12345
  • lucy12345

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

Smoke is not in the opening cutscene for the mission, yet he is there after it. Also, he does not talk at all throughout the mission, and actually shoots at the Ballas, which seems odd. So I was thinking, maybe he wasn't originally supposed to be in the mission at all.

mrfilmpjesmaker123
  • mrfilmpjesmaker123

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFilmpjesmaker123

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:17 PM

Wow , i only notice this now :O

It's pretty weird that in ''Drive thru'' Smoke doesn't shoot , but he does shoot in ''Drive by''

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:22 AM

There's a good deal of goofs in GTA cutscenes. Remember how in that Museum Piece mission in GTA 4, Ray was able to slam a swinging door on Niko, and then the door stays open at the end?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:40 AM

Or especially evident when Carl gets into the car with Cesar at the Green Sabre. He enters on the right but is shown in the drivers seat.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:30 AM

IMDB is good for this kind of stuff. Some highlights from this page on goofs within the game:

*On all highways, you will see the double yellow line, which means it is one lane north and south. The highways should have a broken white line, assuring that it is a four lane highway.

*In the mission, "Drive-Thru," Big Smoke is sitting directly behind CJ, and Sweet is opposite him in the cut scene when they are ordering the food. Later, when they reach Grove Street, Sweet and Smoke have switched seats.

*At the end of the first cut-scene for the mission "Coming Home", C.J. goes to the left of Mike Toreno to leave the mansion, but that doorway leads into the sound booth, not to an exit.

*In the 'End of the Line' mission, there is a cut scene where CJ and Big Smoke meet in Big Smoke's crack fortress. When CJ and Smoke are ready to fight, Smoke takes a SPAS combat shotgun. When the cut scene ends and you have to kill Smoke, he has an AK-47 instead.

Alexander
  • Alexander

Infinity Yard

• The Yardies
  • Venezuela

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:20 AM Edited by AlexanderS4, 17 August 2014 - 02:32 AM.

They all hang out together at the beginning of the game, it is not weird he appears, even with that Claude attitude (usually, Big Smoke talks a lot, lol)

Tyla
  • Tyla

The Dick Responsible

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:31 AM

Good spot. I've been playing the early missions through again and I didn't actually pick up on this.

I don't think Smoke being there was an afterthought. Even in the early screenshots of this mission you can see Smoke pulling his weight:

screen01.jpg

• Alchemist likes this

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:15 AM

Yeah, and I've always noticed that Big Smoke always seemed abruptly cut off at the end. You know, where he says "Here, take this. Go get yourself some beers." He says "beers" on a high note, so it seems like there should have been another word or two after.

Watch this and skip to 4:08. 

• sqre and BlackScout like this

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

Shop Steward

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

^ ive always thought that. What would he say that had to be cut? Plot give away, maybe drive him to his house again (and plot give away). Or maybe it was something non important or vaugly funny

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

I've always noticed that, like actual cutscenes had much better quality as opposed to simple uncontrollable in game animations like that.

NerdBasket
  • NerdBasket

Alone with my music.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

I've never noticed that before. Weird.

Yeah, and I've always noticed that Big Smoke always seemed abruptly cut off at the end. You know, where he says "Here, take this. Go get yourself some beers." He says "beers" on a high note, so it seems like there should have been another word or two after.

Watch this and skip to 4:08. 

^ I never noticed that either, but after you pointed it out I can tell now that the way he says "beer" is just off.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

Est. MMXV

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:57 AM

i've always found it to be so odd how Smoke does get cut off after the word "beers". I didn't think much of it until now

Tyla
  • Tyla

The Dick Responsible

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Concept Story 2014
    Contribution Award [Concepts]

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

I just played this mission. Smoke does talk during it: after killing the first group of Ballas he says to Carl, "We iced them CJ. Let's hunt down some more."

I do agree it seems there was more to come from Smoke at the end of the mission though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users