Why do you care about stats?

47 replies to this topic
CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Who spends anytime checking other players stats anyways?

Seriously, players are actually looking up other players stats and then what? deciding if they should engage them or not?

I shoot anyone who comes near me, because 99% will kill you, I hunt guys with bounties, I kill anyone in passive mode, anyone on a rooftop sniping and anyone in a tank regardless of what their stats say. 

I really believe this is another Forum myth, most players don't spend time looking up info on every player in their lobby! No one cares!

I don't know.  A lot of times I'll say something on the forum about being bored or something about k/d and I'll get responses back like "dude, you got 15 days played..." or "you've play X amount of deathmatches."   I'm always like "'da f*ck?".  "How'd this dude know that?"  "I don't even know it."  So some people do research others peoples stats...even if it's pointless and creepy.

i was in godmode the the other day, trying to land my vestra on top of a buding near the main lsc, somehow i crashed a "kid hacker" notice that i crashed but didnt die and got mad at me, so he "hacked" my console and got all my stats haha

he started to read my stats and babbling about how i was a modder etc, trying to get people to "report and vote kick this hacker"

i really dont do this often but i had to boot that little f*cker off psn for a couple minutes haha he had a friend in the lobby so he joins back to the same session, he was even more mad hahaha got booted again haha

so yeah, there are people that like to dissect other players stats!

Avi 88
  • Avi 88

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:38 AM Edited by Avi 88, 16 August 2014 - 11:42 AM.

Your last two posts start like this, "Naaa, I don't use God mode", "I was in God mode the other day"

Back to back in the same freaking thread....WTF?

• Kaber, Ibareny, KornbreadMaf1a and 1 other like this

TCA
  • TCA

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

K/D in GTA is POINTLESS!

BaRe 2G
  • BaRe 2G

SS13 Capo

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

Seriously, players are actually looking up other players stats and then what? deciding if they should engage them or not?

I shoot anyone who comes near me, because 99% will kill you, I hunt guys with bounties, I kill anyone in passive mode, anyone on a rooftop sniping and anyone in a tank regardless of what their stats say. 

I really believe this is another Forum myth, most players don't spend time looking up info on every player in their lobby! No one cares!

Some actually do check others' stats lol. I do it when I decide who to send an invite to the crew I'm in but one time a guy was chasing me and I was taking him for a long ride getting away from him then he messages me saying I'm a pussy and I'm not worth my KD and that he was only after me cuz I had the highest KD in the session. I just like getting chased though :(

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

Cause im the fcking boss!

BAWSE!

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:14 PM

Killing stats don't matter to me... my win/loss ratio is all that matters. I want people to know that I'm actually good at racing. :p

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:00 PM

F*ck stats its all about the AWARDS now lol
  • Kaber likes this

HankyPankyFan
  • HankyPankyFan

Sexiest member title EVER.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:18 PM

Actually I didn't care about k/d ratio for a long time I didn't even notice it until I reached my 70's and it was 1.50 I was like wow I have to improve that its something I like to call nerd ambitions.

Stringer Bell
  • Stringer Bell

Adjourn your asses

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

my K/D is so bad i have no choice but not to care

• Kaber likes this

Winning001
  • Winning001

They stole my iFruit full of power ballads

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

Plot twist. I dont

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

Plot twist. I dont

That's why you're an Audi lover hehehehe.

Im just kidding ;)

Winning001
  • Winning001

They stole my iFruit full of power ballads

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

Plot twist. I dont

Im just kidding ;)

Ok. I hope you enjoyed splashing those bus stop kids with your BMW :)

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

Plot twist. I dont

Im just kidding ;)

Ok. I hope you enjoyed splashing those bus stop kids with your BMW :)

I enjoyed every second of it.

Kaber
  • Kaber

The Devil

• Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:18 PM

I'm just unconcerned with dying most of the time.  It's pretty common for me to roll up on people and honk.  People WILL kill you just for doing that.  Taking the risk has its own rewards so I can't bother to maintain a shoot first attitude.

KornbreadMaf1a
  • KornbreadMaf1a

You can look but that fine ass is all mine

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

I don't know.  A lot of times I'll say something on the forum about being bored or something about k/d and I'll get responses back like "dude, you got 15 days played..." or "you've play X amount of deathmatches."   I'm always like "'da f*ck?".  "How'd this dude know that?"  "I don't even know it."  So some people do research others peoples stats...even if it's pointless and creepy.
I had somebody do that to me once on here. I was commenting on how I don't understand why males primarily play as females on this game so he took the time out of his day to go to social club and look up my name which would have taken a few attempts at least because my forum name and social club name are slightly different. He then posted pics that I took of me and my girlfriend playing and posted them here trying to prove some sort of point. When I told him they were pics my girl asked me to take of her character he stopped replying to me. I found it pretty funny that he would care enough to try multiple name combinations to try and find me.

As far as the topic goes sometimes when I'm taking a smoke break I'll pause the game and scroll through the players list and find the person with the highest k/d and then actively pursue them. Normally I find they are either in a tank/jet, on a roof, are using a bulletproof car, are wall breaching, in God mode, or are camping in a hard to reach place. Very rarely do I find a player with a high k/d that isn't using some sort of cowardly tactic to inflate their k/d.

CatchMeTrolling
  • CatchMeTrolling

Troll

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

Notice how this turned into a k/d thread lol yeah you guys definitely care cause you always bring it up. I don't care about reward hunter's but you don't see me constantly making threads about it.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

🎅 Fröhliche Weihnachten 🎅

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

I don't really care about my stats.

No one wants to play with noobs

I do, it's much more fun than playing with high ranks imo. You can show off your cool vehicles, show them stuff like wall breaches or "legit" secret spots, they do funny things and you can do stuff with them most high ranks seem not in the mood for. The downside is that many noobs are super nervous. Lmao
  • Kaber and Darth_Zannah like this

BlackAce23
  • BlackAce23

Creative mind at work

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

I dont know why people with high K/D act like they're God because it only takes one bullet to the dome to knock you off your almighty pedestal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users