What's your opinion on GTA YouTubers?

2,683 replies to this topic
Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

I like to think there are still people who aren't interested in all the drama outside of the actual game itself.

Yo

• gtafan26, hei3enberg, Gridl0k and 1 other like this

Plank.
  • Plank.

le edgy contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 July 2017 - 11:05 PM

-Youtube video thumbnail has a picture of the Youtuber making an autistic reaction face on a colorful background

-Clickbait title, making dubious claims about new info or a secret (at best, they find an easter egg that everyone has known about since day one)

-Unnecessary 30 second long intro with rap or dubstep playing

-Youtuber wears a snapback and headphones while talking

-Unnecessary screaming and shouting while playing the game; completely overreacts to the most basic sh*t

-Youtuber records themselves playing the game and puts it in the corner of the gameplay video

-Even worse, the Youtuber takes up the entire screen and the gameplay is confined to a small corner

Usually if at least one of these criteria are met, I automatically assume the video is sh*t. Not that a little talking behind the video isn't bad, but preferably they could just play the game, be silent, and demonstrate whatever it is that they are advertising without a gimmick.

The GTA V "Youtuber" is immunized against all dangers. One may call his videos annoying, clickbait, misleading, fake - it all runs off him like tap off a raincoat. But ask him what separates his channel from the thousands of other generic GTA V "Youtubers" and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: "I've been found out."

• gtafan26, Stoakzee, Sky_Light12 and 7 others like this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

The GTA V "Youtuber" is immunized against all dangers. One may call his videos annoying, clickbait, misleading, fake - it all runs off him like tap off a raincoat. But ask him what separates his channel from the thousands of other generic GTA V "Youtubers" and you will be astonished at how he recoils, how injured he is, how he suddenly shrinks back: "I've been found out."

That sounds like wishful thinking..

Wishing that there's any way that they would see themselves how we see them. But don't you think that they would simply not care? If you've got a good thing going for you that's bringing in money and attention, something that you also enjoy, would you give a damn about some people who aren't forced to view your content but take the time to bother you with negative comments or even bothering to question your motives/content?

Personally, if that was me, I would not really care. If anything, it would say something about the person questioning me as the creator of content they don't have to get into. To be perfectly clear here, I do think that a lot of these people should not be making videos as often I'll think it's just plain crap. But at the end of the day I can simply not click on their videos (usually easy to spot) and it doesn't affect me in the slightest. I don't like them or their content, but if it's working for them and not doing anything to me I have no reason to confront them about it. And they would be silly to pay any attention to me if I did.

There would also be much less drama if people weren't so confrontational all the time. Hey, this thread? Fine. We're just sharing what we think about obnoxious content creators. But that's all it is, right? A little harmless venting? Actually taking this stuff to them is not going to do anything positive ever. Rather the opposite, actually. If anyone actually takes the time to start bothering or harassing a creator they don't like, that creator is going to take things public in their little videos, podcasts or whatever it is they do. They're going to USE that silly drama to get even more attention. After all (to a point perhaps) there's no such thing as bad publicity. You might actually help them get more viewers that way. Think it's better if we just ignore them. Unless they're breaking laws or something, ofcourse. Or youtube rules. Was there some rule against misleading titles? I forgot.

• MisFit-138 and carnerd3000 like this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

I'm absolutely sick and tired of seeing his cancerous clickbait "GTA 6", fake "easter egg" bullsh*t appearing on my home feed and I'm not subscribed to him, nor have I watched a vid of his but have seen roast videos by NFKRZ, RaggedyDan, Greatness TV that feature sernandoe's videos and the roasts are masterpieces
Now let's look at a handful of his cancer, shall we;

First example

--snip--

LOL, no, you moronic dumbass greaseball f*ckhead, the pic on the right not RDR. That's GTA Christmas snow on the same hill. Fail.

--snip--

Funny that, that's a blimp..

--snip--

Ahhh, yes, the "don't (do something) at (insert location) at (insert time here) (creepy)". Please, kill yourself you scumbag greaseball.

--snip--

Ah, yep, the fake zoom in, with made up text. Also used as a thumbnail, misleading and goes against youtube ToS

--snip--

If I remember correctly, misleading thumbnails and video titles go against Youtube ToS and warrants a channel termination. So, TERMINATE HIS CHANNEL NOW.

Sernandoe, please, I know you browse this forum like every other cancerous GTA youtuber, for the sake of everyone else... f*ck off and die alone.

how the heck he get past under those TOS radar ?

seriously ,one of his fan (proably about 7 years old) making a video of defending sernandoe with terrible excuses

MisFit-138
  • MisFit-138

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:14 PM

I never really had an opinion on GTA youtubers. If you want that youtube money you need to put something or every week and Rockstar doesn't exactly provide enough info to sustain a youtube channel, so they scramble to come up with a video and clickbait art. After having my lunchbreak project turned into a 10 minute MrBossFTW video, my view has soured. My work just made someone else money. Some of these guys should be paying GTAF's bills or at least ending these videos with "remember, if you want the latest news and speculation on GTA, log on to GTAF. The source"
On another note, we should probably just band together and make or own GTAF youtube channel. There's enough personalities on here to have a great panel with great conversations. Enought to fill 10 minutes worth of video at least.
  • Commander S, Skeve613, carnerd3000 and 2 others like this

Sandpanther
  • Sandpanther

For I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:25 AM

Does watching Yahtzee's review on GTA Online count?

CenturionCat
  • CenturionCat

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

MrBossFTW is a c*nt...
  • Karrecod, MisFit-138, Snoopbr and 1 other like this

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:36 PM

Does watching Yahtzee's review on GTA Online count?

Nope.
He reviews games in general, not GTA particularly. Although most of what he said is true (except the unskippable cutscenes part).

OT: Gtamen started doing these "Content Review" as a series. While some people clickbait and make money, other people criticize and bash on the first group to make money get the message out there, Gtamen decided to do the opposite and "review" some hidden gems among the GTA community, even though it's just a matter of time before it turns into "Plug my own channel" series.

Anyways, first episode:
  • N R G and Skeve613 like this

Commander S
  • Commander S

Preston, Esq.

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:32 AM Edited by Commander S, 02 August 2017 - 06:33 AM.

Yanno who I feel sorry for? Knifeguy.

Dude is supposedly the guy who 'makes MrBoss' thumbnails', yet Ross barely ever uses anything he comes up with, because Ross would much rather (constantly) misappropriate pics by JoonasPRKL without so much as a 'please may I?'... :p

• carnerd3000 likes this

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

A dance with the Devil might last you forever.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:58 PM

I'll stick with GTA Series Videos, whatever57010, gtamen, Gypsy, Central Gaming Hub, and Broughy1322

Datsaintsfan isn't that bad, especially with the top 10 kills/deaths of the week and the (first few) R* logic videos

• PwnageSoldier likes this

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

I'll stick with GTA Series Videos, whatever57010, gtamen, Gypsy, Central Gaming Hub, and Broughy1322

Datsaintsfan isn't that bad, especially with the top 10 kills/deaths of the week and the (first few) R* logic videos

yeah, datsaintsfan is like a kid with horrible friends.
it's all mrc*ntftws fault
  • Classique, carnerd3000 and JF Prodigy like this

carnerd3000
  • carnerd3000

Car Collector, Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:51 PM

I never really had an opinion on GTA youtubers. If you want that youtube money you need to put something or every week and Rockstar doesn't exactly provide enough info to sustain a youtube channel, so they scramble to come up with a video and clickbait art. After having my lunchbreak project turned into a 10 minute MrBossFTW video, my view has soured. My work just made someone else money. Some of these guys should be paying GTAF's bills or at least ending these videos with "remember, if you want the latest news and speculation on GTA, log on to GTAF. The source"
On another note, we should probably just band together and make or own GTAF youtube channel. There's enough personalities on here to have a great panel with great conversations. Enought to fill 10 minutes worth of video at least.

Yeah, even though it's probably too late for this, I wish that Yan and Fun could just upload all of their info on YouTube and then we can just watch them. And if you two have done that before and I missed it, then I apologize for that. I just want a good YouTuber who can talk about leaks, and not BS people or poorly try to elaborate on something they clearly have little knowledge about.

Quadro
  • Quadro

Director of Community Development - PBMO

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Australia
  • Best Content Creator Job 2016 [Car Foosball - Paleto Bay]

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

GTAForums Youtube would have been a great idea at the inception of the game. So many great personalities could have been rolled into one spot.

• carnerd3000 likes this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:10 AM

GTAForums Youtube would have been a great idea at the inception of the game. So many great personalities could have been rolled into one spot.

If there are several people who think it'd be a good idea then you can be sure there's going to be a few more people who would watch it. No reason not to do it. Question is, who wants to continuously put in the effort for it and involve other forum users?

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:44 PM

are there any good youtubers that focus on free mode wars? i want to watch them but i dont want to watch the player only use marksmen rifle only then blow themselves up. that is annoying. i dont want to hear any commentary or voices. just the sounds of the game. does anybody know of any youtubers like that? let me know if you do thanks.

Skeve613
  • Skeve613

Cargobob at heart.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

I once found this user called Skeve613, the moron seems to do little except spam videos of Cargobobs crashing into things and making people explode...  :lol:

But... in all seriousness, I've only recently begun to come across the few quality channels, like gtamen, and it's been quite refreshing to hear some words of reason about this game for once in a while.

And in all fairness, if we didn't have the clickbaiting a**holes on Youtube, we wouldn't get to enjoy people like RaggedyDan systematically and methodically tearing them apart piece by piece.

• carnerd3000 likes this

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

ѕуитн ¢ιту

• Daily Globe
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:21 AM

how the heck he get past under those TOS radar ?

That's a good question..

Raunchy clickbait thumbnails are against Youtube TOS yet somehow these videos are still up..

mg930W0.jpg

IEmV8Zv.jpg

Would be great if someone doxxed him.
  • Gummy  and Snoopbr like this

jerryinohio78
  • jerryinohio78

Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:59 PM

When a YouTuber makes a boring rant about shark cards in every damn video then openly admits to buying more than the average person.

Guess it's like a smoker telling you not to smoke.

Addiction? For views on YouTube.
  • Xenon Xyanide, MisFit-138 and carnerd3000 like this

Darkwing_F
  • Darkwing_F

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:36 AM

I daily check youtube now for new information about the next DLC. And I learned fast, that most of the clips are nothing else than useless waste of time, money and data storage. Most of them - as already stated above - show a great header and did not give any useful or new information. Besides the fact that many of them are screaming and shouting trolls.

And this is not only a GTA phenomenon. Look for other games (even minecraft) and you will find the same things.

Something what makes me really upset are the videos produced by people obviously showing non legal stuff, showing their huge amounts of GTA$. Why the hell are those people allowed to play this game? If R* would be my company I would ban them with all technical measures available.

Chrome Toyota Prius
  • Chrome Toyota Prius

I'm probably going to regret this name change

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:06 AM

Dat Saintsfan is the most tolerable of the clickbait brigade.

rollschuh2282
  • rollschuh2282

Grove street for life !!!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

Dat Saintsfan is the most tolerable of the clickbait brigade.

yeah, i think he would be a better youtuber, but he is just like a nice kid with worst friends

Madhorse
  • Madhorse

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:27 AM

Something what makes me really upset are the videos produced by people obviously showing non legal stuff, showing their huge amounts of GTA$. Why the hell are those people allowed to play this game? If R* would be my company I would ban them with all technical measures available.

Rockstar will not lift a finger against them since it's free marketing and while it's obvious it's modded money, there's however no actual proof of anything. 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

So is lispyjimmy not doing GTA sh*t anymore? Also he's gonna get kicked out of his house or some sh*t.

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:30 PM

Only watch one GTA youtube Pyrorealm, to the point informative and clearly not extended bullsh*t nonsense to rake in ad cash. I'll also watch some of brough1322 stuff from time to time as his stuff usually seems to give a more general break down of the cars abilities. When Vanoss does some GTA they are usually good although his recent stuff has been less about little skits set in GTA freeroam and more focused on the bullsh*t advesory modes. As for the rest I suspect their are a lot of GTA Youtubers just now worried about what the next game they can milk for ad cash. GTA has been unique in that it has enough content and another constant updated content with enough difference in the content while also having been around for a long enough time to allow a lot of the.... well lets call them what they are talentless milkers, peddlers of bullsh*t, in some cases pure and utter scum (MrdoxFTW) (LispyigotacopyofGTA6talkingsh*tagainjimmy) the chance to build up a decent sized channel and I am willing to bet that a lot of them are praying day and night that Rcokstar keep milking GTA O as hard as they have been for as long as possible.

Thinking on it the GTAO Youtube scene is about as toxic and riddled with bullsh*t artists (and i use the word artists in the loosest possible term) as GTA O itself is, I mean that 95% of the player base and content is total and uttersh*t, a total pain to deal with while you sometimes get that little 5% that is decent, a decent player, a decent bit of content update, a decent Youtuber.

• kovaandr and AlbanyEsperanto like this

AlbanyEsperanto
  • AlbanyEsperanto

Shut up and drive Esperanto fool

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:50 AM Edited by AlbanyEsperanto, 11 October 2017 - 10:53 AM.

Off Topic but....

I watch very rare Chaotic now becouse of BS clickbaits along with MrClickbaitWTF....

But who the hell is Dom?

Im used to watch old Chaotic {Sam} but im wonder who it was guy named Dom, Sams brother, cousin or something?

Hey guys whats up my name is Dom - and my reaction:What the...!?????  :blink:

Chaotic logic...

SodaDog
  • SodaDog

~ Take two your heart ~

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:39 PM Edited by SodaDog, 16 October 2017 - 05:40 PM.

https://twitter.com/...473521356873728

I know this isn't GTA related, but it seems that the Japanese are discovering clickbait and stealing thumbnails...

Madhorse
  • Madhorse

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

https://twitter.com/...473521356873728

I know this isn't GTA related, but it seems that the Japanese are discovering clickbait and stealing thumbnails...

They invent all kinds of freaky sh*t but suddenly a simple creation of a thumbnail is a problem.

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HYPOCRISY IS THICK HERE.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Beyond pathetic...

ComradeKuma
  • ComradeKuma

Ryder, Nigga.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

HEY GUYS WHAT IS UP MR BOSS FTW HERE AND IN TODAY'S GRAND THEFT AUTO FIVE VIDEO, WE'RE GONNA TALK ABOUT

A WHOLE LOTTA CLICKBAIT.

jdv95
  • jdv95

grotti enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

urgh that mr boss f*ck...

i wonder if those shark card givaways he always mentions 2 seconds in the vid is actually a real thing. 

i have a feeling it isn't. 

also those people who make vids about "what happens when you do this or that in gta v" and then proceed to use mods to make it happen... yeah sure i believe you pal,will try it myself in a heartbeat. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users