Photo

What's your opinion on GTA YouTubers?

2,683 replies to this topic
Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:25 AM

I watch Achievement Hunter for some GTA but I never get my news on new doc from youtube, I always come to the forums.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:15 AM

Majority of YouTube Gamers are just downright SCUM now, especially GTAV ones, they steal information from websites like this, claim bullsh*t like they found it, of course we always get that f*cking pathetic money begging chant "DON'T FORGET TO LIKE, RATE, COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!", because they're life is so pathetic all they do is make YouTube videos about rumours, lies and exploits just to get some form of attention to their "channel", it's just downright f*cking annoying to see this is what's become of YouTube gaming videos now, you can't even click on a stunt montage without the first words you see being "PLEASE LIKE!", when did these gamers become such needy little emotional wrecks who constantly need to define their worth by the amount of likes or subscribers they have?

Thank f*ck we still have the likes of DasBoSchitt and JonTron around to at least keep me sane.
  • Wolfhuman, universetwisters, Mega and 7 others like this

StJimmy
  • StJimmy

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:46 AM Edited by stjimmy3, 17 August 2014 - 05:54 AM.

This depends, do you mean the old school ones? GTASeriesVideos? Pretty much widley agreed the most helpful and informative channel regarding R*'s games and known for their actual love of it. GTAmissions? BJ is a good guy and is also pretty helpful. Mod show casers I  like, especially since I can't run half of them. 

In terms of the new wave of band-wagoners who came to GTA V shortly after release and use cheap videos for their own sanctification? The ones that attract an 'audience' by showcasing exploits that ruin the game and waste Rockstar's time by making them clean up?

I think taltigolt summed it up in his YouTube video about modders perfectly...

Yes I know ironic that a YouTube video is my argument against Youtubers...

• Wolfhuman, JRC99, OneManCrimeWave and 3 others like this

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

I want to state that YouTubers who upload money exploits and glitches are the worst type. Same sh*tty dubstep intro, begs for likes the first 20-50 seconds, and worst steal content from here or reddit (like teddy and dom) and don't give proper credit.
  • GAMIR_GTA, OneManCrimeWave, iainspad and 1 other like this

t-p-d-a
  • t-p-d-a

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:37 AM

https://www.youtube....GTASeriesVideos <--- The God of GTA YouTuber

https://www.youtube..../NationalPepper <--- A little bit unknown but he is awesome. Beta videos & PC vs PS2 Comparing and more. Very interresting.

• CynicalRise, GAMIR_GTA, kingcs and 5 others like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

GTAmissions was around for a long time so I kinda give him a pass, along with GTASeriesvideos because they don't have annoying commentary or begging for likes like a street orphan begs for food. But yeah, all the other ones are cancerous.
  • Ash_735, Wolfhuman, kingcs and 4 others like this

daltontigerboy
  • daltontigerboy

Cousin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:08 PM Edited by daltontigerboy, 17 August 2014 - 02:27 PM.

In my opinion, GTA V YouTubers were at their prime during the year and a half or so prior to the game's release. They were running off of hype, and people simply loved to watch their speculations, or their analyzations of new screen shots and trailers whenever they would so rarely come out. Everyone was just so hungry for new information back then, it was very magical and I get subtle hints of nostalgia from the pre-release hype every now and again.

I would watch these YouTubers' videos everyday, getting caught up in the magic of all the speculation and rumors. This was my favorite part about GTA V - the 2 years of hype and wonder leading up to it's release.

Unfortunately, once the game was finally released, a lot of these 'news and speculation' YouTubers fell out of the spotlight due to obvious reasons, and are now just trying to keep up in the world of all these "NEW GLITCH BRO" douchebags.
  • OneManCrimeWave, LordZekrom and carnerd3000 like this

TheGtaAnimals
  • TheGtaAnimals

Grove Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:38 PM

Rockstar still haven't responded to my post from earlier, it's just cause they know I'm right.
  • theGTAking101 likes this

The Algerian
  • The Algerian

Professional

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:50 PM Edited by The Algerian, 17 August 2014 - 02:51 PM.

Liked these guys:

But that was before I could play online myself, and before I saw their other vids.

Then I started to find them profoundly annoying.

I think it's quite insulting to consider RoosterTeeth / Achievement Hunter 'YouTubers'

Well, as far as I'm concerned, anyone that has more than 100k views on most their vids qualifiy as a "youtuber", despite my or anyone else's opinion of them.

gtuned
  • gtuned

Is that a mod?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:07 PM

AH pretty much does the best and earns what they make from views. Videos are excellently well produced and edited and actually give players things to do rather than show glitches and "leak" info. Easily Distracted is probably one of the funniest ones yet, along with Merica and the Free Plays

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Rockstar still haven't responded to my post from earlier, it's just cause they know I'm right.

So what was it? A rant on annoying youtubers?

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

The ones with a mic are the worst.

• Wolfhuman, OneManCrimeWave, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

iCynical1018
  • iCynical1018

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

They are the scum in the creases of my grandfather's nutsack.

• theGTAking101 and LordZekrom like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

I hate GTA Online videos but I like The Gaming Lemon GTA V adventures.

• Wylight likes this

iCynical1018
  • iCynical1018

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

I dont hate the fact that they commentate their vids (even though most of them seem to have awkward fetishes for their voices) Its the fact that they're not true GTA fans and they talk down to others like they're royalty for having more than 1k subs. Most of them used to play CoD and got V because it went viral when it hit the markets. Now they're posting videos with misleading titles, boring gameplay (check Teddys latest vids, its just him and his friend shooting at a fence. I sh*t you not), or they're just sometimes cringeworthy because their army of 12 year olds bite into the sh*t theyre throwing out for money.

"Hheeeyyyyyyy.. whatsgoingonguysim DomIsLive anddd todayyyy wehaveanotherpointlessgtavid... before we start the video please like share subscribe and suck my cock cause i want money. So today we found a snapmatic photo of a titan.... Possible titan dlc incoming? Most likely because I couldve sworn i saw a titan today. So thanks for watching join the dom army and like favorite subscribe FU*K YOU"

• OneManCrimeWave, adictoGTA, theGTAking101 and 5 others like this

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Since I was insulted by some assholes that stole things from my thread back in 2012 when I corrected their wrong information quoting me, I don't care with any of those video creators that basically steal everything and make it as their own discoveries and annoy people with the "subscribe and like" ... well I do whatever I want If I like I click like if not I won't, the same goes for the subscription. Every time I see an idiot like those begging for that and even if I liked the video I dislike it and don't subscribe it.

This current generation of video creators and website hosters of copy-pasted information without even giving credit to the original sources is a disease that filled the Internet with industrial quantities of garbage. YOUTUBE is no longer about sharing is about who gets more views and subscribers to make money which makes the creations bad and annoying. The best videos for me about V are the ones of guys like BenBuja which were are funny and very creative, or guys that make tutorials explaining how people can do some things playing clean... everything else is crap.

• GAMIR_GTA, OneManCrimeWave, adictoGTA and 2 others like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 17 August 2014 - 04:16 PM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 17 August 2014 - 04:28 PM.

I once saw Let's Play from GTA V and the guy was like "Oh I think we can steal this car" or "I hope police can chase us!" .. Come one, It's Grand Theft Auto.

• theGTAking101 and PoisonedGas like this

HITMAN_Agent_54
  • HITMAN_Agent_54

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

I hate the likes of DomisLive, Icrazyteddy and such as they just show glitches on their channel. What i am wondering is that how did they escape the "ban hammer", there is clear video proof that they are doing glitches and such but they do not get banned. Just because they buy a bunch of shark cards, rockstar doesnt act upon them and ban em or something. Also they clearly boarded the bandwagon on gta v as its evident they mostly have no prior knowledge of previous gta games. I do not mind vanoss nor speedy or anyone else like that as they are not showcasing glitches. Also Icrazyteddy was bumming that gta modder guy who deserves to be banned from gta too. Then they use the petty excuse " oh we are just showing rockstar so they can patch em " which is pathetic as they could email it or make it private and post a link but they are only in it for the money. e.g. i dont see much expression/emotion in their voices either.

• Ya Boy Punk Fan likes this

Mason Avery
  • Mason Avery

Civilian Admin

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:40 PM

GTA Youtubers are fine as long as they don't make any videos on exploiting the game.

Evan-KCR
  • Evan-KCR

Du bek‚r!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

Yeah, well most of them exploit the game.

• Wolfhuman likes this

Alex Wesker
  • Alex Wesker

No. 012 of Project W

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

Eh, I hate most of them. Apart from VanossGaming. He only posts funny montages and stuff which is nice to see someone enjoying themselves while playing, instead of making glitch videos.

• GAMIR_GTA, theGTAking101 and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

I hate them all. Except for gtaseries videos. His videos are helpful.
  • Wolfhuman, CynicalRise, theGTAking101 and 3 others like this

adictoGTA
  • adictoGTA

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

GTASeriesVideos only.

^^^This, GTASeriesVideos is like the only good gta youtuber

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

*Click bait thumbnail, horrible music, generic Online footage in background*
"HEY GUYS, WHAT IS UP! I HAVE LEAKED AND 100% CONFIRMED INFORMATION TO SHARE WITH YOU GUYS TODAY! BEFORE WE GET STARTED I WANT YA' ALL TO SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON AND SEE IF WE CAN GET THIS VIDEO TO 1,000 LIKES. REMEMBER, I UPLOAD DAILY GTA CONTENT, SO BE SURE TO HIT THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON, I'D REALLY APPRECIATE IT!"

Every damn video, I swear.

Wait, you don't upload two times, daily?! f*ck you and Chop!
  • auntjeff and Ya Boy Punk Fan like this

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

• Members
  • Australia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:53 AM

YouTube/Google need to permanently wipe their servers of these trashy channels. GTA Series Videos, GTAmissions and Ben Buja are the only reliable channels in my opinion.

Cheers.

• Wolfhuman and kingcs like this

PhantomRoxas101
  • PhantomRoxas101

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:46 AM

I respect CallofTreyarch I believe, in my opinion he makes quality videos and isn't a try hard for likes

• theGTAking101 likes this

happygrowls
  • happygrowls

You gotta run and don't look back.

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:31 AM

Even GTAmissions?

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

Even GTAmissions?

A gta youtuber that doesn't beg for likes and has 110k subs? That's a first.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:50 AM Edited by ZZCOOL, 18 August 2014 - 09:52 AM.

i had my thread regarding chromexmodz locked after he swore at me

so i will say it simply

i hate every single gta 5 youtuber with a passion everyone begging for likes everyone exploiting the game everyone messing with people online like chromex did

I respect CallofTreyarch I believe, in my opinion he makes quality videos and isn't a try hard for likes

i dislike him he puts obvious spoilers in the title with the most obvious spoiler thumbnail and everything to get as much views as possible spoiling games for people who dosn't even press the video

• adictoGTA, StJimmy, Khaos89 and 3 others like this

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

"Danger zonnnne".

• Members
  • Scotland
  • Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

GTASeriesVideos only.

/Thread.  :cool: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users