A question about car meets...

21 replies to this topic
BaRe 2G
  • BaRe 2G

SS13 Capo

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:08 PM

So I've just been to my first car meet and it was cool for about 30 minutes then it turned into a deathmatch and the host + most others quickly left.

If I got killed I'd probably be raging and write off car meets but instead I'm just dissapointed.

My question to those who go to car meets regularly; does this happen often?

SIM-1
  • SIM-1

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:12 PM

I've been in a few and never had an issue. You need a good host to control the room. Anyone who's a jerk just work together to boot them.

East_On_Bimmer_St
  • East_On_Bimmer_St

It's the Albanian rozzers!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

Check out the topic titled "[XBOX] Car Meet / Show" made by 'k2'. His meets are on Fridays and Sundays and they always run smoothly. Most of the people that show up have great taste in cars but, that's just icing on the cake.
  • vipprimo, Mr.Smith187 and BaRe 2G like this

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:19 PM

Check out the topic titled "[XBOX] Car Meet / Show" made by 'k2'. His meets are on Fridays and Sundays and they always run smoothly. Most of the people that show up have great taste in cars but, that's just icing on the cake.

Been to a couple of K2's meets, and they are good meets. Very well controlled, and good attendees. Another great one is this - http://gtaforums.com...e-car-festival/ - only happens monthly. I'm a crew member, and the crew does alot of other fun things as well.

A lot of people do meets, and alot of them go bad or arent controlled well. Just need to feel it out and see who runs good meets and stick with a couple of hosts on a normal basis. Check their threads and comments... shouldnt be hard to figure out.

godziller
  • godziller

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:23 PM Edited by godziller, 15 August 2014 - 08:13 PM.

I'd like to go and check out some peoples rides...I'm too paranoid haha...everytime I get a message for a car meet I think it's a trap.

Akbar.gif
  • 8up local and dairyworker like this

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

Sometimes ass holes will join to troll the lobby. if you see someone pull up the the parking lot in an NPC car, park it next to everyone elses & run away, chances are there is a bomb on it and sh*ts bout to blow up. If the host tells everyone to kick them it goes back to normal pretty quick.

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

Sometimes ass holes will join to troll the lobby. if you see someone pull up the the parking lot in an NPC car, park it next to everyone elses & run away, chances are there is a bomb on it and sh*ts bout to blow up. If the host tells everyone to kick them it goes back to normal pretty quick.

This. It usually happens once a meet when I host but that's because we don't have a solid group of regulars yet.

Purpville
  • Purpville

High&Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

I want in.  If anyone does a car meet on PS3 invite me.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

So I've just been to my first car meet and it was cool for about 30 minutes then it turned into a deathmatch and the host + most others quickly left.

If I got killed I'd probably be raging and write off car meets but instead I'm just dissapointed.

It's a crap shoot.  

K2 meets are definitely good as long as you can get around the occasional attitude of shooting someone or cargo bob person.  

The reality is that sooner or later things break down.  People start giggling and one idiot will do the unthinkable.  Then you find out that idiot is friends with the guy that runs the show and you realize that's just how it goes.  If you keep going to shows or are lucky enough to find a good group, good on ya'. 

• 8up local likes this

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:23 PM

It's a crap shoot.  

K2 meets are definitely good as long as you can get around the occasional attitude of shooting someone or cargo bob person.  

The reality is that sooner or later things break down.  People start giggling and one idiot will do the unthinkable.  Then you find out that idiot is friends with the guy that runs the show and you realize that's just how it goes.  If you keep going to shows or are lucky enough to find a good group, good on ya'. 

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:37 PM

It's a crap shoot.  

When I do meets I usually have my buddy playing on another xbox next to me. I always have people over and he'll pass the controller to someone who doesn't care I'm running a meet and messes sh*t up. Then I have to tell everyone not to kick him and wait for my friend to take the controller back. Very frustrating.
  • vipprimo likes this

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Here's a link to another good meet host. http://gtaforums.com...ial-car-meet-1/

Been to a couple of his... well organized and usually good attendees. I dont usually go to many of his, only because it's usually comprised of stanced or slammed cars, which tend to be mostly sports or JDM type stuff, and I'm more of a muscle car guy... but good meets none the less.

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Big Homie

• Members
  • Tokelau

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

It depends on the host. It usually never happens if the host knows how to kick and lays down ground rules.

A good car meet host is TheCamberKing52. He hosts car meets every Sunday at 11:30 am UK time. He'll record the meet and put your car on Youtube which is pretty cool.

Can you guess which one is my car?

ShadeShow
  • ShadeShow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

Everyone seems to have these things in the middle of the work day.

I would like to try one. I have visted the section here for meetups and both times the host never made the room veen after logging on over and over to keep saying just 1 more hour.  Very annoying.

• 8up local likes this

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Everyone seems to have these things in the middle of the work day.

I would like to try one. I have visted the section here for meetups and both times the host never made the room veen after logging on over and over to keep saying just 1 more hour.  Very annoying.

It seems the majority of car meets tend to be hosted by people who live in GMT time zone... most of the good meets I've been to anyway. Just have to be lucky enough to catch one on a weekend or a day off or something... or figure out the basics of coordinating a well controlled meet of your own and try it that way.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:54 PM Edited by CarimboHanky, 15 August 2014 - 08:56 PM.

the other day i landed in a lobby with other 10 players doing a car meet on a gas station in mirror parks...

i couldnt resist, i got my vestra and did a suicide attack... the reactions were awesome!!!

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

• Keegeroo and BaRe 2G like this

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:16 PM

LOL public lobby is fair game IMO, pretty stupid to expect people to leave you alone when there's 10 players huddled around a gas station.

Also never seen the yellow & white vestra, thought they only spawned in red.

• 8up local and Mr.Smith187 like this

Mr.Smith187
  • Mr.Smith187

This guy lika da juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

LOL public lobby is fair game IMO, pretty stupid to expect people to leave you alone when there's 10 players huddled around a gas station.

Also never seen the yellow & white vestra, thought they only spawned in red.

As I do feel that crashing your vespa into a gas station full of people who just wanna do their own thing without f*cking with other people IS kind of a dick move, I have to agree with you... Having a meet in a public lobby is a dumb idea. This is GTA, SOMEBODY is gonna crash your party. It's kind of expected.

• Keegeroo and 8up local like this

The Lonesome Drifter
  • The Lonesome Drifter

Online Section Exclusive Member / Extreme Dupe Car Aide

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

Nothing wrong with car meets when they are organised, but public meets are pretty much troll fears.
  • Mr.Smith187 likes this

Keegeroo
  • Keegeroo

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 09:42 PM

Also when someone hosts a meet via the "Find a Groups" section and the rules look like:

-No Shooting

-No Griefing

-PASSIVE MODE ON

yeah, you're gonna get trolled pretty quick. Just asking for it, explicitly telling people you don't want them to shoot or grief. 

V4S
  • V4S

is Off the Radar.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:01 PM Edited by V4S, 15 August 2014 - 10:10 PM.

I haven't been in a decent car meet post December ever since the purge of new players came out.

0_0.jpg

the good o'l days

livejoker
  • livejoker

Heists now featuring orgies!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

It really depends on who attends. A member that hosts a lot of car meets will have a list of good and bad players that he'll refer to. If spots need to be filled, he'll contact the good players. Bad players will be told they can't join or kicked. The thing I hate is when people put up with bad players and THEN don't invite them back. Just kick them. For me, a bad player is someone that constantly rams others and starts fights for no reason. Oh, blowing up cars is a big one too (once intentionally, twice unintentionally - are kicked from the lobby). Also, car meets in a public session is like trying to light your cigarette in a barrel full of dynamite. Yes, you can get most of the lobby to be chill and join you but all it takes is one idiot in a jet/tank/helicopter to f*ck things up.

I don't really attend car meets anymore. Too much waiting in parking lots. Wish there were actual cruises instead of "car meets" where people just park their car and call another to show them off. Congrats on having a garage that isn't filled with bicycles.

• BaRe 2G likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users