Photo

Is this the most ignored title of the 3D universe, or the series in ge

24 replies to this topic
The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Here's what I mean. It seems that in discussions involving the games and protagonists, this game always seems to get the shaft. Even "Chinatown Wars" gets mentioned in those discussions, so it isn't like portable titles don't get discussed because even LCS and VCS get mentioned, though it could be argued because they were ported to the PS2.

The thing about this game is that there are discussions about protagonists and Mike gets no mention once. This game probably is canon to the 3D universe as Asuka and 8-Ball appear in the game. King Courtney also plays a role, not to mention is actually seen. But then again, it's possible that this game may have gotten the treatment that "MGS: Ghost Babel" did as that one isn't considered to be part of the "Metal Gear" canon.

I have never actually played this game, but I have watched the entire walkthrough on YouTube.

• X/R// likes this

EllieTincan
  • EllieTincan

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

This and GTA London 1961

• lpgunit, Tomasak, Jeansowaty and 4 others like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by Tycek, 15 August 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Your last sentence answers your question perfectly. Since it was made exclusively for Game Boy Advance and wasn't even made by Rockstar many people simply don't know about its existence. 

Game was pretty weak for a GTA game, its story isn't considered as canon by R* themselves since no character was mentioned in other game, which makes it pretty obscure title. It would be good if anyone calling himself GTA fan would actually play it and try to finish it, but seeing as I was struggling with finishing it due to weak controls and pretty low quality I won't be surprised if the game will stay where it is currently.  

• lpgunit and EllieTincan like this

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:42 AM

Well, there were some characters that appeared in III that appeared in this game, like I said before. Plus, some websites state that it was a prequel of some sort to III, but then again, it was either Wikipedia or GTA Wiki that I read. I can't always rely on those sources. Rockstar did publish the game as they have the rights to GTA but another developer worked on it.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

But none of the characters that appeared exclusively in this game (Cisco, Mike, Yuki, etc.) were mentioned in other games. It's not strange Advance used some characters from III, since it was newer game and developer wanted some connection between two games, but R* hadn't reuse any of them again. Also R* doesn't seem to care about existence of this game, despite the fact that they published it. 

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

But none of the characters that appeared exclusively in this game (Cisco, Mike, Yuki, etc.) were mentioned in other games. It's not strange Advance used some characters from III, since it was newer game and developer wanted some connection between two games, but R* hadn't reuse any of them again. Also R* doesn't seem to care about existence of this game, despite the fact that they published it. 

It would be awesome if they created a 3d version huh?

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Typical GTA Online random

• Members
  • Commonwealth

Posted 11 April 2015 - 10:19 AM

Yep, this is the most ignored GTA game. A lot people are not aware of it's existence, but this was a great game. :)

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

Have no fear, Olek is here! Mwahahaha...

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 April 2015 - 11:17 AM

It wasn't that bad as people say. It is inferior to GTA games, but it's still very nice. Not a bad story, it fits the style of GTA3, just in 2D. 

• Vice City criminal, Issik and X/R// like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 11 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

If GTA Advance was released for iOS/Android, I bet more people would look into it and buy it.

It's similar to CTW.  I bought it on Christmas 2014, just 4 months ago.  However, it was released in 2009.  I would of NEVER played CTW if it weren't released for iOS, since that is what I own and can buy it and play it on.  I never owned a DS and wanted one either.  Same for PSP.  LCS/VCS is the same way.  I only got these in April 2014, one year ago, for my birthday.  In fact 1 year and 3 days ago, exactly.  I got them for the PS2 and play then on my backward compatible PS3.  It all depends where they are released, imo.

If things would ALWAYS have a Playstation, Xbox, PC, and Mobile Release, then more people would play and know the "under rated" GTA Games like LCS, VCS, CTW........And Advance.

• Jeansowaty and X/R// like this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

Lol it seems to be the most ignored in the entire series...

But like alot of people said including Milita right up there ^^ If it get's released in IOS/Android it may get more popular, and considering the tenth anniversary for the game is already up, Advance would proabably be the best option for R* to release on the android/IOS. Advance is always said to be the worst GTA game, and I think it could be better if it is released in IOS/Android. 

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2015 - 07:37 PM Edited by Militia, 22 April 2015 - 07:38 PM.

I saw Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS and it looks absolutely HORRIBLE.  I got the very newest version which was released around Christmas 2014, in HD, and it looks absolutely AMAZING!  I saw how Advance looks and again, it's terrible, but if they made it for iOS/Android in HD, I'd easily buy it, no joke.  But since it's only on Gameboy Advance and is so limited right now, it's never gonna be played until it sees a Mobile release...

• wiizardii and Vice City criminal like this

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:33 PM

I saw Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS and it looks absolutely HORRIBLE.  I got the very newest version which was released around Christmas 2014, in HD, and it looks absolutely AMAZING!  I saw how Advance looks and again, it's terrible, but if they made it for iOS/Android in HD, I'd easily buy it, no joke.  But since it's only on Gameboy Advance and is so limited right now, it's never gonna be played until it sees a Mobile release...

Exactly. And sadly I think R* forgot about the existance of it considering everything with GTA Online and stuff right now.....  :cry:

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:25 PM

I don't know what they are thinking...

:facedesk: :miranda:

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:05 PM

Yeah but releasing it on mobile means it needs to be remastered (so noone complains) and that means lot of work and that means work for R* so no it most probably won't be remastered.

PhillBellic
  • PhillBellic

Phill Bellic. The Universal L.E.O.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:51 PM

I think it is. I have never played this installment of the series (and London 1961) either. Having said that, the Lesser known games including GTA's LCS, VCS, L61, and of course A, should have been released on newer devices to assist in broadening their appeal. :)

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

London 1961 is a PAIN. It's unbeatable. I mean, they give you 17 seconds to do a drive-by on a guy on the other side of the island. Or, they give you 20 seconds to bomb a hideout that is located 6 streets away or so. It's very tedious and hard :/

• X/R// likes this

Lunas1172
  • Lunas1172

Soul Starr

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:26 AM

^This is in the Advance section. But with you saying that, I'm glad I haven't played London yet (The only GTA I haven't played yet).
  • Jeansowaty and X/R// like this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

The only reason I never check on GTA I, GTA II, or both London Expansions is because they are not in the traditional format of GTA we know and love today.  No I don't mean Top Down View.  This isn't a problem as Chinatown Wars is piss easy on Mobile for me and I have ZERO problems with Camera Views like that.  What I mean is they are set up differently.  No 100% Stat.  No General Stats that I like to keep clean.  No Special Vehicles.  No nothing.  Nothing that interests me is in these games.  Only GTA III and onward is like GTA we know and love today, including Chinatown Wars, even.

However, Advance is kinda like GTA we know today.  There is a 100% Stat, other general Stats, and even some minor Special Vehicles, etc.  Like I said above.  If it were released on iOS/Android tomorrow, I'd buy it and play it through.  But because it's ONLY on Advance, that game as of right now will NEVER be played.

• Jeansowaty, Lunas1172 and X/R// like this

Lunas1172
  • Lunas1172

Soul Starr

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:18 PM Edited by s2n vaniish, 21 May 2015 - 12:35 PM.

If Advance ever gets released on mobile, I highly bet they would make it free (Same thing to 1, London, and 2), but putting it on the store would be kinda pointless considering you can always install a GBA Emulator (like me).

Personally, I play it at times and don't criticize it because of the poor development, I enjoy it at times and have something to do when I'm bored, and prefer it over 1 and 2, IMO.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

I know it's the A section, I just said :p I think that my fave from the top-down ones is GTA CTW PSP version. Then, I think I'd choose GTA2.

• Lunas1172 likes this

Lunas1172
  • Lunas1172

Soul Starr

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:11 PM Edited by s2n vaniish, 21 May 2015 - 02:06 PM.

Well I have played CTW, I only played it for like 5 minutes because I was playing on an emulator and it lags so I can't put on my list of favorite and least. Since I played 1 and 2 on a emulator I can't stand the controls, if I ever play it on PC, I think it will be better.

Ray
  • Ray

I don't practice Santeria, I ain't got no crystal ball

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:45 AM

It's pretty sad actually how ignored it is. You'd think it'd be a piece of sh*t made just for a quick buck, but it's actually a neat little game. I always thought it was cool how characters like 8-Ball and King Courtney had bigger roles than they had in III. Maybe one day Rockstar will finally acknowledge it's existence and do a rerelease on mobile devices so it'll reach a wider audience.
  • Ss4gogeta0 and X/R// like this

J Cobra
  • J Cobra

The truth hurts

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 26 May 2015 - 03:48 AM

It is. I can't think of any other GTA, that gets ignored more.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Spilled coffee on Laptop. no more mods

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

which is why this should get a mod remake on GTA III's Engine or something

X/R//
  • X/R//

Sal started dating Toni's mom

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:07 PM

i would love an advance remake with gta3 engine. considering that it was originally a gta3 port, and then got a new story..

• FMMZ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users