Photo

Is this the most ignored title of the 3D universe, or the series in ge

5 replies to this topic
The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Here's what I mean. It seems that in discussions involving the games and protagonists, this game always seems to get the shaft. Even "Chinatown Wars" gets mentioned in those discussions, so it isn't like portable titles don't get discussed because even LCS and VCS get mentioned, though it could be argued because they were ported to the PS2.

The thing about this game is that there are discussions about protagonists and Mike gets no mention once. This game probably is canon to the 3D universe as Asuka and 8-Ball appear in the game. King Courtney also plays a role, not to mention is actually seen. But then again, it's possible that this game may have gotten the treatment that "MGS: Ghost Babel" did as that one isn't considered to be part of the "Metal Gear" canon.

I have never actually played this game, but I have watched the entire walkthrough on YouTube.

EllieTincan
  • EllieTincan

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:50 PM

This and GTA London 1961

• Zello likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by Tycek, 15 August 2014 - 05:55 PM.

Your last sentence answers your question perfectly. Since it was made exclusively for Game Boy Advance and wasn't even made by Rockstar many people simply don't know about its existence. 

Game was pretty weak for a GTA game, its story isn't considered as canon by R* themselves since no character was mentioned in other game, which makes it pretty obscure title. It would be good if anyone calling himself GTA fan would actually play it and try to finish it, but seeing as I was struggling with finishing it due to weak controls and pretty low quality I won't be surprised if the game will stay where it is currently.  

• EllieTincan likes this

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:42 AM

Well, there were some characters that appeared in III that appeared in this game, like I said before. Plus, some websites state that it was a prequel of some sort to III, but then again, it was either Wikipedia or GTA Wiki that I read. I can't always rely on those sources. Rockstar did publish the game as they have the rights to GTA but another developer worked on it.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:26 AM

But none of the characters that appeared exclusively in this game (Cisco, Mike, Yuki, etc.) were mentioned in other games. It's not strange Advance used some characters from III, since it was newer game and developer wanted some connection between two games, but R* hadn't reuse any of them again. Also R* doesn't seem to care about existence of this game, despite the fact that they published it. 

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

But none of the characters that appeared exclusively in this game (Cisco, Mike, Yuki, etc.) were mentioned in other games. It's not strange Advance used some characters from III, since it was newer game and developer wanted some connection between two games, but R* hadn't reuse any of them again. Also R* doesn't seem to care about existence of this game, despite the fact that they published it. 

It would be awesome if they created a 3d version huh?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users