Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you consider yourself to be a good player?

96 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you consider yourself to be a good player? (205 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you describe yourself?

1. Good (117 votes [54.93%])

Percentage of vote: 54.93%

2. Average (78 votes [36.62%])

Percentage of vote: 36.62%

3. Poor (But I have fun anyway) (18 votes [8.45%])

Percentage of vote: 8.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote
ElBarrioKing
  • ElBarrioKing

Pool Shark

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:25 PM Edited by ElBarrioKing, 15 August 2014 - 12:25 PM.

With all things considered, (deathmatch, racing, surviving/fighting in free roam, etc.), how would you consider yourself to be as a player?

Me: Id say that im pretty good iranmaybe.png

Id consider myself to be a somewhat skilled player. When I can actually find a good deathmatch, I usually finish in the top 3. Same with racing. I can pretty much handle anyone when it comes to free run. I fear no one...because ill put it on ya aeF27Yx.png

A Maned Wolf
  • A Maned Wolf

Gulo Gulo's are awesome.

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

Yes.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

im good at what i do... and thats killing people!

so yeah im kinda good!

Demetri_FTO_1.
  • Demetri_FTO_1.

Malibu's Most Wanted

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

I am the best.

(Nacho Libre voice)
  • xoC18H21NO3xo, A Maned Wolf and iainspad like this

/////
  • /////

German Muscle.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:29 PM

Im a great player.

kevin de santa
  • kevin de santa

Thug

• BUSTED!
  • Ireland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

I'm better than all off you because i have a chrome adder seriously is it possible to be bad at GTA ?
  • HankyPankyFan likes this

Zito
  • Zito

RBLiberty

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:50 PM

i want to say yes but when I'm bored i kill but...

Heres a shot out of a cannon. Oprah, Barbara Walters, your wife. You gotta f*ck one, marry one, kill one, go!

Jioyt 123
  • Jioyt 123

I just don't know what went wrong!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:51 PM

I thought this meant good as in help others and not troll...
  • tfroam and WinkingSkeever6 like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

I'd say there are different types of players.  Proper players (includes people that are genuinely good at the game), casual players (they pick it up quite regularly, but not for hours every night) and then the meh players (because they play for 1/2 an hour, die a lot and then say, "meh" and turn it off).  If you're a proper player then you can 99% of the time kill the casual and meh players.  I'm in that category.

However, when it comes to playing against other people in the same category, I'm not that good, so it's a good job I don't get bothered by losing in computer games.  Most of the players I come across are in the casual category, so I very often get killed and see a 1v7 come up, or something like that.  So overall I'd say I'm okay, but not against other players that play it a lot.

• Rockwheels, ParanoiaX, vipprimo and 3 others like this

frankenstein107
  • frankenstein107

bolegdeh

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

Yep, I regularly win deathmatches and races. I lose every once in a while though.

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Doggie Goils. :U

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:56 PM Edited by BitPieStudios, 15 August 2014 - 01:00 PM.

Well I think i'm pretty good at deathmatches; I get kill streaks a lot! And I always finish with a positive KDR, at one of the top 3.

Racing, however, is a different story... I am below average; I can't hold my own when I'm spun out very well, and I tend to crash sometimes on my own. My biggest shortcoming with driving is taking corners. I'm a much better bike racer than car driver though.

I voted both good and poor because of this.

CIAagent
  • CIAagent

was on FBi but rage quit .

• BUSTED!
  • Guam

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

With all things considered, (deathmatch, racing, surviving/fighting in free roam, etc.), how would you consider yourself to be as a player?

Me: Id say that im pretty good iranmaybe.png

Id consider myself to be a somewhat skilled player. When I can actually find a good deathmatch, I usually finish in the top 3. Same with racing. I can pretty much handle anyone when it comes to free run. I fear no one...because ill put it on ya aeF27Yx.png

funny-gif-lakers-bros.gif

ninjaontour
  • ninjaontour

Squeak Slayer

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Cannot vote in OP's poll as there is no "#1" option.

Sorry, OP.

Spoiler

stangone50
  • stangone50

BEAST

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

depends on how bad the lag is on a particular day lol 

• gtafan26 likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Here for the magic touch..

• Members
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:02 PM

I ain't that good

adfasdfasdf.jpg

Mr. Crowley
  • Mr. Crowley

CREEP3R

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

picked good and average.

I think average, but get told I'm good fairly often...

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

I´ll be honest and say that I´m average.I´m good at missions,ok at races(I´m good at bike races,but I´m pretty bad at car races),I´m not really good in deathmatches but I can usually defend myself well in public session free roam.

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

I think I'm good. Not the best but definitly not the worse.

Vanilla Poison
  • Vanilla Poison

Get out me Buzzard!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

Yes.

We're talking about GTA pal.

YirbyBond00Y
  • YirbyBond00Y

James Bond + Kirby Fan

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

Very good at Survivals and Missions (carrying the whole team on my back....-.-)

Deathmatches and races I'm good as well, but only in those times do I have up and down days...have winning streaks one day, no luck the next...

dzian
  • dzian

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

On my own average I guess.

With my friends good to great.

My circle of friends has been gaming together for almost 15 years so we know eachother really well and where our strengths and weaknesses lie. And we play around that.

Personally in gta I'd say im a pretty deadly shot and a pretty awesome pilot but I am far from the greatest driver and not the greatest at staying alive and using cover.

My friends might be great at taking cover staying alive but perhaps not quite quick enough on the trigger meaning they can get sometimes get swarmed by bad guys. He might also be an amazing driver but a terrible pilot.

Another friend is ridiculously awesome at drive bys can cap anyone in just a few rounds. Watching them together is pretty deadly. One guys amazin driving puts him along side or in front of some guy in his entity and other guys amazing shot caps him through the windscreen in just a couple of rounds.

Or times ive taken out cars chasing my friends at high speed with a single buzzard rocket. Just from my friends telling me theres taking he next right allowing me to predict where the pursuing car will go and send a rocket on its way to meet them.

Esentially none of us are amazing players on our own but together can beat almost anything any game throws at us and create some truly amazing moments that make us look awesome.

So my group of friends each of us on our own maybe slightly above or below average. Nothing amazing individually. But working together I'd say we were good bordering on great
  • BitPieStudios likes this

sebcreed
  • sebcreed

----- PS3 PS4 Heist Prep! ----- Vans Society VP

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

Of course most peeps consider themselves the best in the world!

I'm an average player. Good in some areas, not so good in others. I need more practice in pvp.... Its just those STUPID filters they add in DMs, it really does my head in. Ok, it f*cking p*sses me off!

Biker_J
  • Biker_J

Evil Biker

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:37 PM

Never really thought about it to be honest.. I just play to have fun, I don't care if I'm bad or good at it haha.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:42 PM Edited by vipprimo, 15 August 2014 - 01:48 PM.

If you'll notice the swing.  It's not shocking that most people feel like they are the best.  But by whose measuring stick?  Usually it's by their own.

A person in a competitive k/d team may think they are the best or may say they are best in comparison to some teams and not as good as others.  I've seen them with 3.00 k/d or higher.  Then put them in a race and we start seeing issues or they'll just quit when the race comes on.  

I've also seen K/D players in Captures tend to target the other players instead of looking at the goal of getting the item and they'll protect their k/d and lose the match and then brag about how they owned everyone.  It's hilarious, but we tend to focus on our strengths and don't try to build on our weaknesses.  I've seen people beat me by a point and then jump on the mic and start yelling how they are the best or see a team play in a way that plays to their strengths and then jeer about how they are the best.  They are limited in their playing style because they are protecting the title, "best".  

If you build yourself up to say you are the best it's like a house of cards.  It has to be meticulously and patiently built up.  The problem is one player who is specialized in one thing can bring the whole house down.  Then what do you do when the other team is now jeering you as an idiot?  I've been able to make winning teams leave because of their bad attitude.  They don't want to face a persistent player who is willing to learn their tricks.  I just knew how to push their buttons, find the tactics and exploit them.  I lose and they rage quit because they knew the damage they took meant they could no longer sustain the smack talk and the loss was coming and then what do they say?  They can't stand admitting that they are just regular players.

Play to have fun and use the numbers as a measuring stick of goals.  Use them to gauge how you're progressing.  If the numbers are still going up you're doing well.  If the numbers are going down then ask yourself what you changed badly.  And they will fluctuate.  One day you'll get caught up in a free roam and you'll realize you spent thousands of dollars on ammo and are down k/d.  Lesson learned.  Back into a DM and notice those losers won't follow you in because now they're constrained to skill, which they sorely lack. 

I love playing people on their turf.  They want me to rage quit and I'm using it to learn new techniques so I can stay forever.  Why would I be mad, you're doing me a favor!  Then when they finally think they've got it all I say, "so when are you going to play me at my game."  Crickets.  

None of you are the best.  You never will be.  There will always be a Yin to your Yang and even if you were the best that unstoppable force could be a modder who knows just enough to get away with it.  Then I'll hear you say, "whatever" and I'll laugh as I watch your house of cards fall.  

What you can be is a confident player, ready for the next challenge, and ready to learn.  A great player is one who can get mad during the game, lose and at the end say, "bro, that was great.  Thanks for the challenge."  A player who can win and isn't afraid to say, "this is what you can do to improve" if asked.  In reality, being a great player is easy and takes no skill at all.

• ParanoiaX and tfroam like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 01:56 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 15 August 2014 - 01:58 PM.

A great player is one who can get mad during the game, lose and at the end say, "bro, that was great.  Thanks for the challenge."  A player who can win and isn't afraid to say, "this is what you can do to improve" if asked.  In reality, being a great player is easy and takes no skill at all.

8c1f58_3113877.jpg

Yeah, but are you any good? :p

• vipprimo likes this

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:00 PM

Play to have fun and use the numbers as a measuring stick of goals. .

8c1f58_3113877.jpg

Yeah, but are you any good? :p

Who me? Nah, I suck. Lol

D3ViOU5
  • D3ViOU5

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:02 PM Edited by D3ViOU5, 15 August 2014 - 02:04 PM.

I consider my self pretty good, but some days I can't do anything right, like a couple of days ago when my car hit every obstacle it could hit, I died about 5 times trying to get into the nudist camp and a rank 30 killed my ass 7 - 1 despite my very best efforts.

And then there are times like yesterday when I chased away a guy using god mode, sniped two buzzards and later was fighting against 3-4 raging mexicans ranked 250-300 and shat all over them.

And the rank 30 guy wasn't good, and the mexicans weren't bad, it was me and I have no idea why some days are so radically different.

Welcome back dude!
  • xoC18H21NO3xo and Furry_Monkey like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:04 PM

Spoiler

Who me? Nah, I suck. Lol

Lol - thanks

I'm disappointed to see such honesty in this thread actually.  I expected lots of "If you even think of killing me I will spawn kill you till your family dies" and "No-one kills me.  Ever.  Period.  I am a pure killing machine and I will destroy you all.  Challenge me if you want to die repeatedly in the most humiliating ways possible."

Welcome back dude!

Thanks man.  It's strangely nice to be back :p

• saintsrow and ParanoiaX like this

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Lauch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:05 PM Edited by Preusse, 15 August 2014 - 02:07 PM.

You should have made it more specific imo.

1 (worst)
5 (average)
10 (elite)

I think I'm a 7.5 or an 8.

vipprimo
  • vipprimo

TORO INDUSTRIES

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Spoiler

Who me? Nah, I suck. Lol

Lol - thanks

I'm disappointed to see such honesty in this thread actually.  I expected lots of "If you even think of killing me I will spawn kill you till your family dies" and "No-one kills me.  Ever.  Period.  I am a pure killing machine and I will destroy you all.  Challenge me if you want to die repeatedly in the most humiliating ways possible."

Welcome back dude!

Thanks man.  It's strangely nice to be back :p

Holy crap! Is it possible we've used up all the hate! Dare we even think it right! Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users