2 million other kids and teens under 18 play games like these

256 replies to this topic
Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

The truly evolved man does not base his morality purely on law.
The fact that something is illegal doesn't mean you shouldn't ever do it. You need to develop your own moral code to consider yourself a complete person.

Well said.

I don't disagree in principle...but I think it's worth teaching children to obey the law don't you?

HollywoodVice
  • HollywoodVice

I'm everywhere, everybody know me

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Such is the travesty and failure on the parent's be-half.

Parents today are nowhere near "parent" material. Just a bunch of people with "accidents" that are over-exemplified as "little miracles".

It's not cool, imo, video games have a rating for a damn reason. Nobody wants to follow the rules and no one wants to hear "no". Raising a child is a HUGE responsibility and a job in and of itself, people take that sh*t too lightly these days and it makes me worried for the future...

The dad in this video seems like a great dad, although it would be ignorant to base that assumption in either capacity, off of a three minute video.
Sounded to me like the family had been through a rough time and the parents were trying to make it easier for the kids. That's what a good parent does.

A "good" parent does not provide an "M" rated game to their 10 year old child to make anything about LIFE "easier".
  • ten-a-penny and Halal Cyborg like this

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:30 PM

Such is the travesty and failure on the parent's be-half.

Parents today are nowhere near "parent" material. Just a bunch of people with "accidents" that are over-exemplified as "little miracles".

It's not cool, imo, video games have a rating for a damn reason. Nobody wants to follow the rules and no one wants to hear "no". Raising a child is a HUGE responsibility and a job in and of itself, people take that sh*t too lightly these days and it makes me worried for the future...

The dad in this video seems like a great dad, although it would be ignorant to base that assumption in either capacity, off of a three minute video.
Sounded to me like the family had been through a rough time and the parents were trying to make it easier for the kids. That's what a good parent does.
A "good" parent does not provide an "M" rated game to their 10 year old child to make anything about LIFE "easier".
You're missing the point. You don't get to judge a person's entire character or their worth as a parent based on one very trivial fact.
I would also agree that teaching children to follow the law is a valuable concept but, imo, not nearly as valuable as teaching them to understand the difference between morality and the law as it pertains to their actions. It should be obvious that laws that coincide with morality should stay unbroken.

HollywoodVice
  • HollywoodVice

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

^ When that "trivial fact" is something that is wrong, not only on a moral basis but also a legal one, then yes it IS the point.

I have a strong feeling you are a either a product of the 00's or just someone who thinks he's "taking a stand" against poor parenting. Take your spoiled opinion of my opinion elsewhere.

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Yes when they get to a certain age mate but cmon you don't try and teach that to a young child as they won't be able to comprehend it until they have gotten the not breaking the law bit... :lol:

Accendo
  • Accendo

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

You're trying to take the high ground of morality over a video game and you're calling me spoiled? A child of any age can play a mature game with parental consent. What exactly is illegal? I worked at two seperate electronics stores in high school and if the parent is there and cool with the game content then we couldn't refuse the sale.
Excuse me while I reserve my concern over parenting for ACTUAL PROBLEMS. You know, people that abuse, neglect, and drug their children, on top of other thing.
Also, try not to make assumptions. You'll probably be wrong most of the time.

Halal, you start young with kids. They don't understand the law either, only what you tell them. I didn't avoid hitting other kids when I was a tot because it was illegal. I avoided it because my mom told me it was wrong, how it made other people feel, and gave me sh*t for it. The fact that it's illegal didn't come into play until much later. She didn't just teach me that my actions have consequences for me, they have consequences for other people too.
I don't agree that giving your kid GTAV is the best move any parent's ever made but I'm pretty f*cking sure it's not the end of the god damn world and it's definitely not something to base your entire opinion on someone on.

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

Assaulting someone is against the law mate, I don't entirely disagree with you on all points but honestly am still disgusted with parents that give this to their innocent young child just because they want it (largely due to other weak parents giving in)

I am so uncomfortable when little kids message me on there or try and join my parties, where are their parents??

I'm not sure paedophiles are quite aware of how lucrative gta online could be for them due to epically failing parenting

http://kotaku.com/i-...nt-g-1371011511

• HollywoodVice likes this

HollywoodVice
  • HollywoodVice

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:10 PM Edited by HollywoodVice, 18 August 2014 - 08:11 PM.

You're trying to take the high ground of morality over a video game and you're calling me spoiled? A child of any age can play a mature game with parental consent. What exactly is illegal? I worked at two seperate electronics stores in high school and if the parent is there and cool with the game content then we couldn't refuse the sale.
Excuse me while I reserve my concern over parenting for ACTUAL PROBLEMS. You know, people that abuse, neglect, and drug their children, on top of other thing.
Also, try not to make assumptions. You'll probably be wrong most of the time.

It's obvious you don't know what you are talking about, and I can no longer be bothered to try and argue illogical semantics with you.

Good day.
  • Halal Cyborg likes this

Agent_Ace
  • Agent_Ace

heavy sniper > jets

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

....He cried?
Sure, I act happy when my parents get me something..
But crying?

Dbzk1999
  • Dbzk1999

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

....He cried?
Sure, I act happy when my parents get me something..
But crying?

Who knows?
The father does say "we got all the games back" or something like that.
It does show that the kid appreciates it though

coldmurda
  • coldmurda

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:21 PM Edited by coldmurda, 18 August 2014 - 10:23 PM.

Bad parenting isn't when you buy your kids these games. Bad parenting is when you buy your kids games like this before teaching them what the f*ck is socially acceptable.
I was playing gta around 10, and although there wasn't any online back then, I feel the way I acted while playing the game is so different then many of the kids on mic we complain about.

Lol does anyone know what happened when he said we got all our games back btw? #payyourbillsbeforegames

Captain Hammer
  • Captain Hammer

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

Bad parenting isn't when you buy your kids these games.

It is when your kid is 8!!!  and that's what we're talking about!  not 16 year olds, 8 year olds!! and if you can defend giving an 8 year old GTA 5 you should'nt be a parent...

Ishan826
  • Ishan826

B*tch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:26 PM

I have played GTA SA when I was 11 years old! I don't have a big problem with this kid, just a small one.
Every time a new GTA comes out, it looks more and more real. Look at the difference between IV and V.
So, imagine when GTA 7 or 8 comes out on the PS5. Stupid kids like in the OP will think its real and go on rampages.

Common Sense. ;)

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:24 AM

I have played GTA SA when I was 11 years old! I don't have a big problem with this kid, just a small one.
Every time a new GTA comes out, it looks more and more real. Look at the difference between IV and V.
So, imagine when GTA 7 or 8 comes out on the PS5. Stupid kids like in the OP will think its real and go on rampages.

Common Sense. ;)

Someone who is likely to go on a rampage doesn't need video games to do so.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

I'll just leave this here...

http://theoatmeal.co...s/online_gaming

gizmonomono
  • gizmonomono

What ifs are a waste of time

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:36 AM

I'll just leave this here...

http://theoatmeal.co...s/online_gaming

The kids may be skilled, but they are easily outwitted

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

Bad parenting isn't when you buy your kids these games.

It is when your kid is 8!!!  and that's what we're talking about!  not 16 year olds, 8 year olds!! and if you can defend giving an 8 year old GTA 5 you should'nt be a parent...

In my opinion, if you think anything bad will come to your own child from playing this game, then I think YOU are the one who should not be a parent. A child can play this game no problems when the parent does their job at teaching them what is right/wrong and the difference between real life and a video game. I'm sorry that you are not as confident as others in your parenting ability, but not everyone is the same as you.

• coldmurda and gizmonomono like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users